Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

2020 F1 car launches

Courtesy Sky Sports:

2020 F1 car launches

February 11 Ferrari Reggio Emilia, Italy
February 12 Red Bull Online
February 12 Renault Paris, France
February 13 McLaren MTC, Woking
February 14 Mercedes Silverstone, UK
February 14 Alpha Tauri (formerly Toro Rosso) Salzburg, Austria
February 17 Williams Online
February 17 Racing Point Mondsee, Austria
February 19 Alfa Romeo Barcelona, Spain
February 19 Haas Barcelona, Spain

Red Bull, like Williams, is also launching online. More to the point, I am wondering whether they will attend a first test.  

"The V6 turbo hybrid has nothing to do with what we do in (road) car production," he (Jens) told Auto Bild.

"From an engineering perspective, I say hats off to what they do in Formula 1, but the technology has no relevance to the road."

GPToday...racing boss Jens Marquardt says BMW is still not interested.

Well that would explain their absence on the launch schedule list.

F1 set for rule change to shut down 2021 loopholes

...states a headline from F1 official site. 

I have a few questions about it.

1.     Again?

2.     Why is F1 continuing writing rules which have to be "corrected"? After 50 years or so of F1 existence they haven't learnt anything? If you think you can do it second round around to "perfection", why not write simple rules first time around without ambiguity, yet leaving enough room for competitive, team initiated improvements?

Which is next standard component all teams will be mandated to purchase in UK? Today it is a flow meter, what's next? 

DW

Källenius (CEO) admitted the next three years would be "tough" for Daimler and promised to work "around the clock" to return the firm to a better footing. He said the company had introduced far-reaching measures to reduce costs,...

...after this, it must be interesting bookkeeping analysis which sways their decision to carry on in the F1. In contrast, I thought time has come to do something else.  

Cars look good, many people pour theirs heart into it, yet why I am not jumping up and down with excitement? I'am not sure how to settle question whether it's just me, or it is rather F1?

Yea, I am not too excited about this coming season either. In part because it will be a replay of the last season. I will probably watch most of the races regardless because I have a friend who joins me for the races. So he kind of forces me to watch even when I am not that excited too. 

I think this will be a developing season with the real F1 season hopefully coming in 2021.

War planners in a team management office would presumably want this year spend all they can (and more) in anticipation of forthcoming restrictions in new contractual cycle next year. Mercedes this time around might have a new voice in the room with a foot on the brake, whereas Ferrari might mirror exactly opposite.

My lukewarm interest in the sport has perhaps to do with too much of British flavor through and through, in management, paddock and media, rather than being genuinely international. I am missing Japanese, Chinese and American presence. Germany, Italy and France are underrepresented and very often also misrepresented IMO.  

What's with this sister team for RBR? Is it new normal to have two team sharing all in daylight, as opposed to former dark, soundproof room? Long live Budget (especially when you can spread it around).

Glad to hear from you Brad. I am sort of in exile, and don't hear back from ther old crowd anymore. Ruslan comes in here occasionally to cheer me up about his budget, but main traffic is at the "forbidden" place. I am blocked from not only posting there, but also reading anything. That's OK, I was never in the mainstream. I am hoping you are rested and ready to cope with whatever is coming. Ruslan thinks it will be just more of the same old boredom. I am just not sure.

2 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Glad to hear from you Brad. I am sort of in exile, and don't hear from old crowd anymore. Ruslan comes in here occasionally to cheer me up about his budget, but main traffic is at the "forbidden" place. I am blocked from not only posting there, but also reading anything. That's OK, I was never in the mainstream. I am hoping you are rested and ready to cope with whatever is coming. Ruslan thinks it will be just more of the same old boredom. I am just not sure.

Fckers, they're too one minded...Left when u did

20 hours ago, Sakae said:

Ruslan thinks it will be just more of the same old boredom. I am just not sure.

Well, from a point of view of the pecking order, it will be. I suspect Mercedes will remain top dog and will be spending a lot of money for the last time. Red Bull and Ferrari will be fighting for 2nd. Hard to say how that will go. That may be the fight of the season. I think Mclaren will be comfortsbly in 4th. The other factory team, Renault, doesn’t seem all that focused on catching them. Their budget last year was under the 2021 cap. After that, hard to say who will be sixth, but I expect Force India/Racing Point/Aston Martin team to be stronger this next year. Williams will sadly be at the back.

Anyhow, it is a developmental season, with lots of early work and spending being done for 2021. This will include Renault actually increasing their budget. So what goes on in 2020 is going to influence 2021 and 2022. Do it will be an interesting season, just not one that I am too excited about.

21 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Fckers, they're too one minded...Left when u did

Welcome back Brad. It appears that I will be maintaining a presence on both sites.

1 minute ago, Ruslan said:

Well, from a point of view of the pecking order, it will be. I suspect Mercedes will remain top dog and will be spending a lot of money for the last time. Red Bull and Ferrari will be fighting for 2nd. Hard to say how that will go. That may be the fight of the season. I think Mclaren will be comfortsbly in 4th. The other factory team, Renault, doesn’t seem all that focused on catching them. Their budget last year was under the 2021 cap. After that, hard to say who will be sixth, but I expect Force India/Racing Point/Aston Martin team to be stronger this next year. Williams will sadly be at the back.

Anyhow, it is a developmental season, with lots of early work and spending being done for 2021. This will include Renault actually increasing their budget. So what goes on in 2020 is going to influence 2021 and 2022. Do it will be an interesting season, just not one that I am too excited about.

This is one of those rare occasions when I (almost) agree with you. Nothing much I can add to improve on your assessment.

4 hours ago, Sakae said:

This is one of those rare occasions when I (almost) agree with you. Nothing much I can add to improve on your assessment.

I am sure if we look hard enough we can find something else we almost agree on. ;)

On 15/2/2020 at 2:56 AM, Ruslan said:

Yea, I am not too excited about this coming season either. In part because it will be a replay of the last season. I will probably watch most of the races regardless because I have a friend who joins me for the races. So he kind of forces me to watch even when I am not that excited too. 

I think this will be a developing season with the real F1 season hopefully coming in 2021.

Hope for a classic season Rus... with 3 top teams competing. Apparently that RBR looks lkke a gem

Rumor has it, that this might be Mercedes's last season as the owners of a team. Changes at the corporate helm are hard to ignore. If that is in the offing, one can wonder about support of a team in second half of the season.