Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Pre Season Testing 2020

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2020 at 0:41 AM, radical-one said:

Thanks Ruslan I am doing better than before given all situations.

Thanks for the update/headsup. It is much more than I was expecting for information  -)

Well, it was good to have you back and I was in the mood to write. As you may have noticed, I am inhabiting both forums.

12 hours ago, Ruslan said:

Well, it was good to have you back and I was in the mood to write. As you may have noticed, I am inhabiting both forums.

I noticed that back to back forums Ruslan :lol:

18 hours ago, Ruslan said:

Indy Car has been doing it forever ...

And Indy Car IS as big as F1 ? !! (Rhetorical question)
Indy Car has been doing it forever IS that a reason;
> For F1 to implement it OR
For F1 to NOT implement it    ??

18 hours ago, Ruslan said:

I am inhabiting both forums.

Is that CODE to say,  I have NOT got anything ELSE worthwhile in my life so I WILL go somewhere else ALSO

On 2/29/2020 at 1:29 PM, Sakae said:

In the news:

1. FiA has closed investigation of Ferrari's alleged violation of technical directives in processing fuel.
  2. The team were not found to have broken the regulations.
  3. Conclusion in detail of the investigation was not published. 
  4. It was also agreed that Ferrari would assist the FIA in "other regulatory duties in Formula 1 and in its research activities on carbon emissions and sustainable fuels".

My opinion:

FiA must have been impressed how ingeniously Ferrari explored legally a loophole in regulation, but for sake of keeping peace in the family, they must have asked the team not to use it anymore. Ferrari must know about fuel little more than most in the paddock, and FiA is taking an advantage of it. (Point #4 above.)

Nothing to see here, move on. Financial penalty to Ferrari for fuel deviation on Leclerc's car was unrelated to the above.

...what’s the difference between DAS and the FIA-Ferrari fuel trick? Well, nothing really — both are just evidence of two brilliant teams best exploiting the rules at hand to do even better at the whole point of racing — to go faster than the rest and win.

It has not escaped to me, that Ferrari with immediate effect was prevented from harvesting further benefits of their brainy work, whereas Mercedes can keep their for full season. Nice, and not surprising. That's how F1 is managed for many, many years.

Ferrari considering stopping 2020 car development if "gap is too big"

Oh my Lord...two weeks before first race? Is Binotto trying to give me heart attack? 

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 5:28 AM, radical-one said:

I noticed that back to back forums Ruslan :lol:

Well, each forum has their own personality.

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 10:38 AM, lipstick79 said:

Is that CODE to say,  I have NOT got anything ELSE worthwhile in my life so I WILL go somewhere else ALSO

Well, before it imploded, a number of us were on a very good forum at grandprix.com. We kept it going for a while after it crashed, but it was getting sleepier. When the jerk who runs the site shut it down (without telling anyone)....so we migrated here. But....this forum got a little sleepy too.....so several of us migrated to CTA, but a couple of people have migrated back here....so.....

8 hours ago, Sakae said:

Oh my Lord...two weeks before first race? Is Binotto trying to give me heart attack? 

I have been negative on Binotto since he was promoted to team principal. So far he has been living up to my expectations. I wonder when Ferrari will replace him and how. He is certainly a good engineer, but good engineers don't always make the best managers.

As it is, even if he was thinking that, he should not have said it. It has got to be demoralizing for the entire team.

Binotto is actually naturalized Italian, born Swiss, and (well) educated in both countries. That is not a problem, however I was hoping for something else from the team. After departure of Luca, Todt, Michael, Sergio and likes, dynamics within certainly changed (stale?). I don't wish to start on negative note, but some headlines we read aren't too pleasant for some of us.

On 29/02/2020 at 9:34 PM, Ruslan said:

Indy Car has been doing it forever (except the limit is 5 and there is often an actual wall separating the rest of the pits from where the cars are). 

So WHAT were the POINT in, whoever making the ORIGINAL call/comparison/claim - it is NOT like 4 like.

On 3/3/2020 at 4:39 AM, Ruslan said:

I have been negative on Binotto since he was promoted to team principal. So far he has been living up to my expectations. I wonder when Ferrari will replace him and how. He is certainly a good engineer, but good engineers don't always make the best managers.

As it is, even if he was thinking that, he should not have said it. It has got to be demoralizing for the entire team.

They certainly looked better under Mr Marlboro Man

At THIS juncture - LESS than 2 weeks - IF it starts ON TIME virus effect
It appears from pre season testing, what teams HAVE been able 2 show (team like 2 keep their cards close 2 their chest)
it appears that Mercedes is still the team 2 BEAT, closely followed by Ferrari
With Renault teams, slightly off the pace keeping the numbers up
With Honda WANTING 2 join the big boys - probably FASTER than Renault but at what cost?
Will the Red Bulls just B another Honda lawnmower?

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/711323/Red_Bull_joins_louvre_sidepod_panel_trend/

Red Bull joins louvre sidepod panel trend

This is perfect example what is my rumbling all about, namely, when competition is permitted and not over exceedingly complex innovation, a rival team can attempt to emulate such solution, and we on sidelines have fun. Pink people have done with their body design something similar, despite it has taken a full season for them to do that. 

On the other hand, travesty with hybrid PUs since 2014 - on opposing side - was a totally different ball game, letting Mercedes and their drivers, take full advantage of anti-competitive rules, to collect all prices and fame associated with winning for themselves. Shameful period of anti-racing, and foreign to all what I thought F1 used to be. 

FIA ‘couldn’t prove’ Ferrari breached the rules

That's good enough for me. Not so for RBR. They just want P2 with all perks such advancement would guarantee (presumably by excluding Ferrari from 2019 competition). Why is Mercedes complaining I have difficulty to understand.

The environment teams live in is occasionally called a snake pit, and for all good reasons.

The governance of the sport is such that there are specific timeframes during which protests must be lodged, all of which have now elapsed.

Scanning latest whirl, I think 7 teams are on brink bringing the sport in disrepute. Their action feeds into hatred on sidelines which is growing, and one can ask - for what? Was F1 in any form and shape aways clear in all aspects? Of course not. A Brexit fellow, I read, now declared "knowingly", had FiA not supported Ferrari (presumably for decades), they would not have been half that successful as they are. Others are asking for Todt's head on pike, despite that most investigation is performed by UK and other international individuals (mostly likely by former Mosley loyalists who were kept in their positions). Todt is not involved in the investigation.

There is clear evidence that situation is out of hand, and some with cool head needs to show leadership quality, and step in. Time is up. Liberty seems to be lacking such leadership, and who is interested in "too little too late" strategy?

Leclerc with car #16 (and not 5 as some are showing on their pages) had deviation on his car, and Ferrari was charged and paid penalty. Routine race check revealed, he was in violation of specs how much fuel car should have at the point of inspection. That incident on its own was NEVER identified by FiA as being related to the other investigation. 

As of this moment we don't know whether Ferrari was financially charged at all for method how the process fuel. Regulation was changed to translate that agreement into specifics. Said settlement in headlines could have been just limited for them giving up on their advance processing of fuel, and live with consequences, pulling back on performance. It would be nice if media were slightly more precise what they say and write, and until details are revealed (if ever), then it is all speculation on sidelines and perhaps also little jealousy why them, and not us. 

La Repubblica, thinks the Ferrari settlement simply shows that the FIA is becoming out of its depth in certain technical areas.

"What happened shows the fragility of the FIA," he said. "They do not have the means to get to the bottom of these complex technical situations that dozens of engineers come up with at every team."

Replacing "evil intent" with "ignorance how modern technology works" is most likely closer to the truth than anything else what we have read so far, but I do not blame FiA for that. Engineers (think Honda) spend hundreds of hours and many sleepless nights in struggle to understand hybrid systems, whereas FiA has no such background. It's inevitable to fall behind. 

Date 2020.04.15   Time 20:08 (UTC) - FERRARI 

So, was Ferrari sandbagging or just trully slow in testing?

Big mystery might be mystery no more. With described scope of changes, if true, then there was not as much sandbagging as tears. Problem is, will they be allowed to work on the car, and how do we know if fix was going well, when first time we can evaluate car is only when we are on formation lap, and lights go off. Pity. In moments like these I am really missing rules in nineties.

Hello friends, I am a big fan of F1, I always follow such events with great curiosity and utmost attention. I read a lot of historical moments, biographies of riders and all kinds of stories about standardized testing, which you can go over here to learn and learn new from this topic, or read something interesting about Standardized Testing in Essays. I myself write a lot about racing, I like to talk about it on the forums, this is really power.

14 hours ago, RileyGriffen said:

Hello friends, I am a big fan of F1, I always follow such events with great curiosity and utmost attention. I read a lot of historical moments, biographies of riders and all kinds of stories about standardized testing, which you can go over here to learn and learn new from this topic, or read something interesting about Standardized Testing in Essays. I myself write a lot about racing, I like to talk about it on the forums, this is really power.

Hi Riley... welcome to the forums

A word of caution. Please be careful not to advertise as this will be considered spam. Let's keep topics and content related to F1. You're still welcome to tell us more about yourself...

Many Thanks