Clicky

Sakae

F1 Anything and Everything - What's on your mind.

On 16/03/2020 at 7:14 PM, Sakae said:

For now, we need to stay optimistic. Lets hope for the best.

The process in finding medication for, the effects caused by convID#19 R goin WELL though
If NOT able 2 find a cure for the virus, limiting and reducing the effects is the next best thing

31 minutes ago, lipstick79 said:

The process in finding medication for, the effects caused by convID#19 R goin WELL though
If NOT able 2 find a cure for the virus, limiting and reducing the effects is the next best thing

Yes, containment is first step in prevention of broader spread and wiping out human species. China demonstrated that number of new cases declined after some draconian lockdown measures were imposed upon its population. 

I am not familiar with state of medical research into corona virus; all what we know it is ongoing. We also know that application of drugs developed for past pandemics was tried but not really effective (or not effective enough). These are all public statements. 

What is however known today (or rather accepted as factual):

• Contagious period is estimated 24 to 48 hours.
  • Incubation period is estimated 5 to 14 days.
  • Some people who were contaminated survived. Predictions are about at 98% survival rate. I do not know if recovery is absolute to its former itself.

1 hour ago, lipstick79 said:

Seems 2 me the obvious solution is; DON`T have the test.
ALL deaths of convID19 occured AFTER takin the test !!!

I am not sure that I would agree with your suggestion that there is correlation between testing and fatality. You would need more data to prove that. What I mean is, you would need to prove that the test was(is) a cause for end of life for those infected.

Until then, I think test is merely confirmation process for identification and then isolation of those who are infected to minimize further spreading. Self isolation - if there is a reason - helps.

MERCEDES  MCLAREN

McLaren / Mercedes

Woking-based team opted to divorce from Mercedes, however, with Ron Dennis deeming it impossible to win a title as a customer when your engine supplier is the team to beat. 

I don't want to ask cheap and obvious question, but since I am not really following this team, maybe someone can discuss this subject objectively.

Was this divorce with Mercedes (RD) a good try which didn't work, or it was just an experiment lacking sound initial analysis?

In mid season 2014 I think it was obvious even to those on sidelines, that catching Mercedes will be multi-year process. McLaren was probably by then caught in contractual obligations, however why they didn't develop enough political pressure in the paddock to change immediately restrictions? I thought that potential damage to F1 when one team is so far ahead and will dominate for far too long was an argument easy to make even without 20-20 hindsight.  

NEW "Concorde Agreement"

Who is staying, and who is leaving the series?

Will F1 meeting with COVID-19 change anyone's mind?

• Haas? Owner's disappointment with results.
  • Williams? Money.
  • AlphaTauri? I wonder...

• Mercedes team? Recent rumors about Wolff are too suggestive to be simply ignored, despite that would be probably best, in current environment.
  • Mercedes PU - Interaction with McLaren implies possible continuation.
  • Honda - RBR is quiet, therefore I assume Honda will continue.
  • Renault - team, mgt. gave nod for continuation, but how solid that is, we don't know.
  • Renault - PU, probably continuation. 
  • Ferrari - probably will continue as a team and PU supplier.

2020 / 03 / 26   15:21 (UTC)

Wolff

Ecclestone is quoted commenting on Wolff's future, namely, the man quite possibly will be joining Stroll in what is now a Racing Point. Beats me why would Wolff move to a lesser team, unless Mercedes is making their moves in the background and he is not part of those plans.

On 25/03/2020 at 10:50 AM, Sakae said:

NEW "Concorde Agreement"

Strange conclusion`s MADE

IF Honda RBR 2 continue then OBVIOUSLY AlphaTauri WILL
AlphaTauri IS Honda RBR sister team

7 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

IF Honda RBR 2 continue then OBVIOUSLY AlphaTauri WILL
AlphaTauri IS Honda RBR sister team

2020 / 03 / 27   4:11 (UTC)

AlphaTauri FUTURE

@lipstick79 I am aware of owner's intent behind team's name change, however assumption that Dietrich Mateschitz can finance both teams under current conditions I am not taking for granted as perhaps others do. The fashion label (team name change) to be effective, needs air, or track, so to speak, however being parked in the garage at great cost is probably something which was not in the original plans. It's one of those things we can only repeat, time will tell what they will do. Shutting it down and keeping only RBR active is not the only solution. Moreover, I am not aware of Honda's influence on such decisions, which is not to say, there isn't any; they are after all heavily invested in this.

23 hours ago, Sakae said:

Yeah, he gets his penny worth publicity from UK media.

Well there is not much real F1 news, Eccelstone has lots of free time, so who else are you going to interview? They also interviewed Briatore. That was actually interesting.

Edited by Ruslan

1 hour ago, Ruslan said:

Well there is not much real F1 news, Eccelstone has lots of free time, so who else are you going to interview? They also interviewed Briatore. That was actually interesting.

How is it different these days in comparison to anytime in the past? If my recollection is just half right, he was always controversial and outspoken. Not my cup of coffee.

I think it's just wrong.

Both man lived and strived in era now past. We are today facing new set of challenges and what is need is new frame of mind. We need people who understand today's customer, and can formulate style of racing which penetrates new grounds. Talking about myself, I would like to see Prost and Schumacher battling on track again, but it is not going to happen. I've talk to someone young in family, and he said - forget about F1. I have 100 other problems to take care off, and I need to feed family...hard to argue that one.

Paying €800 for tickets is not going to happen. 

Oh Bernie understood his customer.....he wanted 70-year old guys with Rolexes (to paraphrase an actual quote from him). The problem is that it is hard to grow a business built upon 70-year old customers.

Anyhow, Bernie was a case of a guy who had been on the job too long....and had calcified in his thinking.

4 hours ago, Ruslan said:

Oh Bernie understood his customer.....he wanted 70-year old guys with Rolexes (to paraphrase an actual quote from him). The problem is that it is hard to grow a business built upon 70-year old customers.

Anyhow, Bernie was a case of a guy who had been on the job too long....and had calcified in his thinking.

Well, that's what I was attempting to say with my last post above. Old fossils (like us?) need to yield new world that is replacing us. That's given.

What's with all those articles about Wolff and Vettel? Nothing better to write?

One writes:

Think about it an Aston Martin as a company car and not a boring Merc”

Obviously author of above is not familiar with the AMG Final (12V) Edition. 

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

This is one of those rare moments I am incline to agree with Ecclestone. His assertion about Vettel's situation at Ferrari seems on the dot.

Ecclestone on Vettel

Yep, agree, with Mclaren on the rise again..

Are they on same engine spec and year as current manufacturer?

1 hour ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Yep, agree, with Mclaren on the rise again..

Are they on same engine spec and year as current manufacturer?

To clarify, I am on the same page with expressed sentiment, regarding support, or lack of thereof, for Vettel at Ferrari. It was demonstratively obvious last season already. Some former racers expressed the same point of view.

It will be of course Seb's decision, but I don't think that will be a good move. Either Ferrari will decide on his proper treatment, or Seb should sign at a Technical University, and become a good Sebastian Vettel, Dipl. Ing. (Mechanical) - as he indicated it is education he wants.

McLaren will be receiving the same treatment as other Mercedes's customers do, which is the same PU that is powering Hamilton's car. That's Mercedes's long standing policy, as Wolff stated long time ago. 

2 hours ago, Sakae said:

To clarify, I am on the same page with expressed sentiment, regarding support, or lack of thereof, for Vettel at Ferrari. It was demonstratively obvious last season already. Some former racers expressed the same point of view.

It will be of course Seb's decision, but I don't think that will be a good move. Either Ferrari will decide on his proper treatment, or Seb should sign at a Technical University, and become a good Sebastian Vettel, Dipl. Ing. (Mechanical) - as he indicated it is education he wants.

McLaren will be receiving the same treatment as other Mercedes's customers do, which is the same PU that is powering Hamilton's car. That's Mercedes's long standing policy, as Wolff stated long time ago. 

Good stuff, Mclaren always builds a good chassis... they have great ppl working there

1 hour ago, BradSpeedMan said:

That's Mercedes's long standing policy, as Wolff stated long time ago. 

It is NOT workin for William`s - powered by Mercedes.
Their chassis MUST B terrible - the current BEST PU 4 the past x YEARS  - at the BACK of the grid.
Mercedes NOT gettin ANY good publicity from Williams.

Williams has Mercedes PU, and had Stroll as a partner. 

It seems Racing Point is doing a better job with the same.

Someone on F1 pages called Mercedes boring. Look at this beauty and say it is boring (well, I have Teutonic taste, so much I admit):

https://youtu.be/WU_Nh_wCbXw

I have seen a few cars in my life, but nothing ever came close to this heavenly machine. (perhaps BMW is close, but that's it).

On 3/25/2020 at 11:50 AM, Sakae said:

NEW "Concorde Agreement"

• Haas? Owner's disappointment with results.
  • Williams? Money.

• Mercedes team? Recent rumors about Wolff are too suggestive to be simply ignored, despite that would be probably best, in current environment.
  • Mercedes PU - Interaction with McLaren implies possible continuation.
  • Renault - team, mgt. gave nod for continuation, but how solid that is, we don't know.
  • Renault - PU, probably continuation. 
  • Ferrari - probably will continue as a team and PU supplier.

2020 / 03 / 31   8:32 (UTC)

Ecclestone (again)

I must be getting old, agreeing with the old man of F1 twice in such rapid succession, but then, since two guys think alike regarding one subject, it doesn't follow, it will happen. I just think situation is ripe for Mercedes moving out of F1. They may continue to supply PUs. That's my guess. Problem could be, who will buy the team for a premium price tag? It has been said long time ago, that some Tier 2 teams attempted to sell off their teams, but couldn't find buyers.