Clicky

Sakae

F1 - What's on your mind? (Year 2020)

LORD HAIN: UNACCEPTABLE HAMILTON DOESN’T HAVE A KNIGHTHOOD

Agree.  After that Vatican has to promote him into sainthood. It would be unacceptable if they don't do it.

The UK is pretty weird when it comes to Knighthoods. Why did Bradley Wiggins get one? Might as well make Freddie Fintoff and Simon Cowell ones as well.

Sir Hamilton, no ****ing way. If he's given one, I'm not going to stoop to accepting it. It might sound petty, but what has he done for the world? Some suedo BS BLM movement? Pretending that he's from the hood and trying to make it out like he's giving back to the community?

I am going to receive backlash for this, but I am compelled to let my feelings out of jail. Whole Hamilton's life and his flock is for me one big phony charade. He has protected No.1 status with a best car on the grid for past 6 seasons, yet he pretends it's all him, and has audacity to compare himself to the very best who drove under fully competitive conditions. He plays social victim card every chance he gets, yet since childhood (I think he was 12) he was protected by RD, and now Wolff. He wraps himself in Union Jack every opportunity he gets to generate sympathy in UK, yet he lives in luxury in Monte Carlo, flies his own jet, and his buddies is black community in US, while he resides in his luxury residence in Colorado (instead UK). There is more of accumulated nonsense over the years with this guy, but as much I wish him everything he has on material side, time has come when I want to scream - please just f*** off. I had really enough of him, kneeling and bowing media around him, and his whole artificial world.

Date 2020.10.27   Time 11:56 (UTC)

What could had been, but wasn't.

For Vettel's fans - some more of Sebastian Vettel. What he wanted, and what he didn't accomplish. Author seems to put some responsibility on a man who is not anymore with us. Interestingly, I've held the same opinion when LdM was leaving Maranello organization. I knew Marchionne (indirectly) from business in US, and his propensity for collecting titles and his framed accomplishments covering walls never clicked with me well.

2 hours ago, Sakae said:

I am going to receive backlash for this, but I am compelled to let my feelings out of jail. Whole Hamilton's life and his flock is for me one big phony charade. He has protected No.1 status with a best car on the grid for past 6 seasons, yet he pretends it's all him, and has audacity to compare himself to the very best who drove under fully competitive conditions. He plays social victim card every chance he gets, yet since childhood (I think he was 12) he was protected by RD, and now Wolff. He wraps himself in Union Jack every opportunity he gets to generate sympathy in UK, yet he lives in luxury in Monte Carlo, flies his own jet, and his buddies is black community in US, while he resides in his luxury residence in Colorado (instead UK). There is more of accumulated nonsense over the years with this guy, but as much I wish him everything he has on material side, time has come when I want to scream - please just f*** off. I had really enough of him, kneeling and bowing media around him, and his whole artificial world.

+1 Poetry in words.

7 hours ago, Sakae said:

Agreed. He would have been a whining aunt without that car that good. He does put up an Oscar winning performance of a pias persona up for the world to see.. but what the heck, he seems to be getting the elements to show off and as much as I would like to stub my finger at it and hate his guts.. he's going about his business.. 

9 hours ago, blackpebel said:

Agreed. He would have been a whining aunt without that car that good. He does put up an Oscar winning performance of a pias persona up for the world to see.. but what the heck, he seems to be getting the elements to show off and as much as I would like to stub my finger at it and hate his guts.. he's going about his business.. 

Agreed, u're on a roll lately bp

I'd like to throw my hat in the ring on this cancel culture, cultural appropriation nonsense.

Nah fvck it, it's so stupid and insane, just the thought of anyone having a rational discussion about the stupidity of modern day, is enough for one to say, okay Corona just do your thing. Society is totally messed up. Maybe the ending to the remake of The Day the Earth Stood Still?

7 hours ago, KoolMonkey said:

I'd like to throw my hat in the ring on this cancel culture, cultural appropriation nonsense.

Nah fvck it, it's so stupid and insane, just the thought of anyone having a rational discussion about the stupidity of modern day, is enough for one to say, okay Corona just do your thing. Society is totally messed up. Maybe the ending to the remake of The Day the Earth Stood Still?

True dat

Does Hamilton even realise he looks like the village idiot or does he really think he looks cool... Beats me

Knighthood?

If it were up to me I'd vote for Lewis to become the queen of England.

Oh wait, isn't he already..

Date 2020.11.02   Time 10:05 (UTC)

Sounds like there is pushback from drivers (Sainz and others) and TP (Wolf) against a season with planned 23 races on the calendar. I do recall RD a few years back assessed as 18 races being reasonably manageable.  Perhaps there was more work on the weekend permitted, which isn't these days. 

I would have hoped that this season would prove that we need more of the traditional circuits in F1.

Even though the race was boring, it was great to see Imola back. Mugelo was a good track too. Paul Ricard should be there too.

I don't want to see China again, ever. Bahrain is lame. I don't like Mexico and I don't like Sochi.

But they won't do this. They will continue to be money whores and chance the ridiculous $$ hosting fees.

I would propose that we have 2x back to back races in the same country or nearby region. This would save money, and fans could visit both races. It's just insane how it is now, jet setting all over the place. The cost and wastage is nuts. And for what!? So we can see Sochi and Mexico?

2 hours ago, KoolMonkey said:

I would have hoped that this season would prove that we need more of the traditional circuits in F1.

Even though the race was boring, it was great to see Imola back. Mugelo was a good track too. Paul Ricard should be there too.

I don't want to see China again, ever. Bahrain is lame. I don't like Mexico and I don't like Sochi.

But they won't do this. They will continue to be money whores and chance the ridiculous $$ hosting fees.

I would propose that we have 2x back to back races in the same country or nearby region. This would save money, and fans could visit both races. It's just insane how it is now, jet setting all over the place. The cost and wastage is nuts. And for what!? So we can see Sochi and Mexico?

Date 2020.11.02   Time 13:19 (UTC)

Sporting aspect seems to be taking back seat to collection of money. More tracks, more money. That's optics I see. In reality who knows what kind of a plan people have. Andreas Seidl (McLaren) had a suggestion which I think has merit. Instead to have a long calendar, keep it down, and some interesting tracks visit on rotation. Maybe Imola every 2 years, etc. I like that.  

Tracks like Suzuka, Spa, Grande Prémio De Portugal, and a few others I wish we would have permanently on the calendar, some others every two years. 20 races is more than enough for me. (I like 16).

2 hours ago, Sakae said:

I would propose that we have 2x back to back races in the same country or nearby region.

U mean like in the V8 era.
Would HAVE the flyaways, then come 2 Europe - season ending with a flyaway 2 Suzuka

3 hours ago, KoolMonkey said:

I will include Monaco in that list. But they won't abandon that, it's the prestige race on the calendar. Horrible for actual racing, besides drivers not making mistakes

9 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Love that track!!

In Singapore drivers have to work for their money. It is suppose to have most gear changes in one race from them all.

42 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Singapore is an interesting city track. I would definitely want to keep that one every year.

Interestin concept, for a different audience - a night race

On 10/30/2020 at 9:48 AM, blackpebel said:

I'd vote for Lewis to become the queen of England.

But he IS Black, NOT really symbolic of England - though a cup of tea in hand might make it MORE believable

Date 2020.11.03   Time 7:59 (UTC)

Has anyone strong opinion about drinking alcohol from a shoe? I've never been in Australia, but they don't have drinking glass-ware there? It's 21st century, and I thought news about use of glass would get there by now. 

No one does Shoeys down here. Ricci didn't invent it either, he just made it more visible on the world stage.

But it was never a thing in motorsport like Bathurst or any other top race like the old famous Indycar around Surfers Paradise.

It's more akin to some bogans getting on the p**s watching a Rugby League game or something.

3 minutes ago, KoolMonkey said:

No one does Shoeys down here. Ricci didn't invent it either, he just made it more visible on the world stage.

But it was never a thing in motorsport like Bathurst or any other top race like the old famous Indycar around Surfers Paradise.

It's more akin to some bogans getting on the p**s watching a Rugby League game or something.

Joking, KM.