Clicky

Sakae

F1 - What's on your mind? (Year 2020)

25 minutes ago, lipstick79 said:

Similar 2 Red Bull, world exposure - for a brand, just not a fizzy drink.
Libert IS media, world exposure for the media, via sky f1 !!

Forgive me, but it sounds to me all as blah, blah, blah. I prefer to see people on the job who came up in ranks, and do know what they are doing. Not merely advertising promoters. Product has to be created, before it is promoted (most of time). Unfortunately we are all prone to failure, including best among us.

8 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Unfortunately we are all prone to failure, including best among us

Reminds me of my sayin, it IS only cheatin IF U get cought otherwise, U R just gettin away with it. 
How exactly WILL Liberty have failed ?  They have a product (F1) which IS available via media, globally.
That ticks ALL the boxes for a media company.
Remind me of, the failure

6 minutes ago, lipstick79 said:

Reminds me of my sayin, it IS only cheatin IF U get cought otherwise, U R just gettin away with it. 
How exactly WILL Liberty have failed ?  They have a product (F1) which IS available via media, globally.
That ticks ALL the boxes for a media company.
Remind me of, the failure

I can walk in many corner stores in Asia, and buy a can of RB, if I like it. I don't see can of Liberty. Not everyone is into F1, and if they do, they see a team or a driver. Point is, it it hard for me to understand what is Liberty promoting (per your theory), but I do understand they are trying to make a buck from this sport, which brings me back to the initial post about BE's stamina.

On 11/10/2020 at 3:39 PM, KoolMonkey said:

Damn it !!!!!!!!!

They have just gone back to the plain boring seasons of old. Didn't they learn anything this year? Even the drivers said they loved the old tracks and places they hadn't been before. So much potential there, but they go and chase the money at stupid tracks none of us like.

We got fvking Bahrain again. I'm sick of it. China can p**s off, it's a horrible track and horrible even to watch on TV. NO one goes to that damn race, they have to bus in the military to sit them in the stands to make it not look like the giant turd it is.

Russia! NO THANKS.
Baku is lame.
Mexico is crapola.

I don't know about Saudi Arabia, but WTF do we have 3x races in that region now?

KM, I've got a soft spot for Bahrain, mainly becoz Kimi goes well there, so it's a biased decision...

9 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

NO one goes to that damn race

Nothin 2 do with the covID pandemic then ? !!

NOT many fans at ANY races currently, so that is NOT a valid argument

Edited by lipstick79

The Ferrari first team, successfully out performin the Ferrari B team - Sauber/Alfa Romeo
Kimi STILL NOT deservin a seat in the Ferrari first team car, for ALL of the Finn`s recent top performances. 

Edited by lipstick79

3 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

The Ferrari first team, successfully out performin the Ferrari B team - Sauber/Alfa Romeo
Kimi STILL NOT deservin a seat in the Ferrari first team car, for ALL of the Finn`s recent top performances. 

The years have caught up with him Miss Lipstick. He won't be accepted back. He is in the twilight of his career, just enjoying himself.

1 hour ago, BradSpeedMan said:

He is in the twilight of his career

Whilst I accept that IS true.  Gone R the days of Kimi, frequently on the top step.
Though he HAS made recent progress with Alpha, puttin in good consistent performances, justifyin hi salary.

Though I do NOT accept, that the years HAVE caught up with him.
Alonso IS currently on his way 2 provin that years R NOT an issue 4 natural talent and ability by,
doin what comes naturally.

FYI it IS, Ms Lipstick NOT miss

Why would Kimi got back to Ferrari? They are toxic and a mess.

I'm sad he never got to drive for RBR though. Red Bull have sponsored him for many years, and he's got that connection going back to when he first entered F1 at Sauber.

Kimi and VERS would be a totally kickass team and Horner and Newey are down to earth cool cats. But RBR don't operate that way. Webber was the last "old timer" they had.

I think for lack of stress and great work environment Alfa is a great spot for Kimi. If only he had a slightly quicker car, then we'd see him in the 4th to 10th range I would speculate.

9 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

Whilst I accept that IS true.  Gone R the days of Kimi, frequently on the top step.
Though he HAS made recent progress with Alpha, puttin in good consistent performances, justifyin hi salary.

Though I do NOT accept, that the years HAVE caught up with him.
Alonso IS currently on his way 2 provin that years R NOT an issue 4 natural talent and ability by,
doin what comes naturally.

FYI it IS, Ms Lipstick NOT miss

Sorry Ms Lipstick

Yes, some good points

3 hours ago, KoolMonkey said:

Why would Kimi got back to Ferrari? They are toxic and a mess.

I'm sad he never got to drive for RBR though. Red Bull have sponsored him for many years, and he's got that connection going back to when he first entered F1 at Sauber.

Kimi and VERS would be a totally kickass team and Horner and Newey are down to earth cool cats. But RBR don't operate that way. Webber was the last "old timer" they had.

I think for lack of stress and great work environment Alfa is a great spot for Kimi. If only he had a slightly quicker car, then we'd see him in the 4th to 10th range I would speculate.

Yes my friend

Lewis is a total an utter hypocrite and phony. Many will know of all the incidents he's been a part of. But the one that sticks out the most for me was when Vettel was winning WDCs and Lewis made this comment.

"I tried to imagine what it would be like if I was winning races the way he is winning races. Me, I don't want to be able to be that far ahead, I want to be able to fight with him or whoever. But this is the way it is, and it's definitely not a positive thing to hear that he has been booed."

Knighthood my a## this guy is a trainwreck. He's lied to stewards, played the it's because I'm black card, attempted to paint a picture he came from he hood. Rosberg corrected him by saying he used to ride in Rosberg Srs private jet. And Hamilton Snr also put in alot of work to get Hamilton to where he is and then was discarded. And Ron Dennis gave everything to the arrogant sh*t.

Brits don't care about any of this. They will disparage Vettel and say his wins were all down to Newey, but will make a false claim that Hamilton's win were all down to him and use Bottas as an example. Well for starters, Bottas would actually have some championships to his name such is the dominance of Mercedes.

Anyway, this is a topic for another day.

Date 2020.11.20   Time 7:14 (UTC)

Money.

Teams for years - when life was much more simpler - settled for 18 race calendar as an optimal solution to their workflow. New American owner is obviously not interested. Since budget limits team's spending, while expenses will increase, situation creates an interesting bookkeeping puzzle. My guess is, money allocated initially for car engineering will now flow into PR.

Slow motion train wreck?

• 24 races
  • Banning track testing, banning wind tunnel
  • Long live CFD and guys with Ph.D. to their name. F1 battle moves to office desks.
  • More than one support team will now have to attend races on rotation, whilst expenses will increase and mandated team's budget will decrease.

I have 2 questions:

1. Who is actually benefitting of this arrangement?
  2. What it will do to the product and its effect on fans of the sport?

Date 2020.11.28   Time 16:54 (UTC)

Negotiations

Horner of course is changing colour like chameleon; not what't good for the sport, but for him and the team. Renault was quite sarcastic about it.

Binotto said a one-year fast-forward of the planned 2023 development freeze will mean all-new engine regulations should also be brought forward by a year to 2025.

But he also said that if engines are frozen for 2022, there should be "a mechanism of engine convergence" - meaning that under-performing engines can be brought closer to the leaders' pace.

Makes sense. Engine performances need to be approx. the same, otherwise racing suffers. These negotiations might still bomb out, should someone get an idea that Hamilton still needs more trophies and MB needs therefore to stay ahead of the pack. (At least by 1/2 sec., of course.)

Look at horse racing. They have a handicaps. ie. a faster horse has to carry more weight. I don't even like horse racing, but at least they have thought about it.

in F1 nothing changes. Merc will pull out a decade of double championships at this rate. Utter insanity if you ask me.

My proposal to fix it, is less rules. Let them spend, innovate and get on with it. Remove tokens, remove these fake budgets that are a farce anyway. Let them also test. We have been robbed of a team being able to improve, innovate and catch up to Merc under the current scam that is F1.

I do detest budget restriction for this series, but since they already agreed to it, why not then let them do whatever team needs to do without those technical restrictions? This is worse than penitentiary. Do this, don't do this, and so on. Stuff it...

Wolff is angry over RBR proposal leading to convergence. He thinks it will kill competetive spirit of F1. No offense to him, but competetive spirit of the F1 is now dead almost a decade due to pressure from teams like Williams and alike who insisted staying in a club and sport which financially was over their (affordibility) head.

17 hours ago, KoolMonkey said:

Look at horse racing. They have a handicaps. ie. a faster horse has to carry more weight. I don't even like horse racing, but at least they have thought about it.

in F1 nothing changes. Merc will pull out a decade of double championships at this rate. Utter insanity if you ask me.

My proposal to fix it, is less rules. Let them spend, innovate and get on with it. Remove tokens, remove these fake budgets that are a farce anyway. Let them also test. We have been robbed of a team being able to improve, innovate and catch up to Merc under the current scam that is F1.

"We had a token system in the past when the regulations came out and because some of our colleagues wished the tokens to be removed in order to catch up, we agreed to removal of the tokens."

Is this true??? Then we can't lay the blame for non-removal of tokens at Merc's feet. Which makes me ask, once again... Who decided on this token rule????

13 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

"Which makes me ask, once again... Who decided on this token rule????

Some answers:

The F1 engine token system

It's not only Renault. Other enablers are guilty for not talking them out of it as dangerous, nonsensical and damaging solution which had potential to affect adversely F1 popularity by creating non-competitive series.

14 hours ago, Sakae said:

Some answers:

The F1 engine token system

It's not only Renault. Other enablers are guilty for not talking them out of it as dangerous, nonsensical and damaging solution which had potential to affect adversely F1 popularity by creating non-competitive series.

Interesting. Thanks for this link. Also, I mentioned Reault was complicit in advocating for this new hybrid engine...

On 11/30/2020 at 10:38 AM, BradSpeedMan said:

Interesting. Thanks for this link. Also, I mentioned Reault was complicit in advocating for this new hybrid engine...

Earmarks of this subject strongly suggests, that various factions in this series pursuing short term gains over spending more time and correctly asserting long term impact upon sport. Stock exchange kind of attitude. In this case we know how it ended. Hybrid equipment is however not necessarily culprit for current malaise. Incompetent (IMO) decisions behind various regulations on technical side - restrictions mainly - are at the core of mess that ensued. Inserting tokens as regulatory mechanism, choking freedom to reassess and make adjustment on application of new technology, and much more.  

But then, maybe I am just tired of Hamilton and his almost religious flock telling us how great he is (all that without rivals in proper equipment).  I am an observer of F1 for several decades, and I have never seen in my life a such protection racket this guy is receiving. It is pity, because with competition he still might have achieved something of value, but 7 empty titles do him more disservice than respect for work well done. Based on recent polls, maybe that's why fans do appreciate and value Vettel's 4 WDC more than his 7. Now we need someone explain it to him. 

Error: it's actually 6 not 7 WDC. His first one with McLaren was good. Lucky, but nonetheless a good one.

22 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Look at horse racing. They have a handicaps. ie. a faster horse has to carry more weight

That IS apples and oranges
Horses R natural, and NOT constructed.
Can NOT "build" a horse 2 specification.

7 hours ago, Sakae said:

but 7 empty titles do him

1 title WERE whilst at Mclaren Mercedes.  
Mclaren Mercedes did NOT enjoy the domination of his 6 other titles at Mercedes, so NOT consistent WITH an empty title.