Clicky

Sakae

F1 - What's on your mind?

44 minutes ago, lipstick79 said:

So U R agreein that, it is nothin new 

Exactly the opposite, I'm acknowledging the fact that something like a 200 mil entry fee IS absurdly new to F1.

I agreed that the takeover would more or less be similar to what you said happened with Merc or Torro-rosso.

50 minutes ago, lipstick79 said:

Re: Alonso ‘would like to say yes' to third world title

>But realistically it would NOT B a consistent third world title
It would B a GREAT achievement, even surpassing Schumi`s achievements. 
Currently there is ONLY Hamilton who HAS won WDC`s in different F1 era`s.
Hamilton won his FIRST WDC, in the V8 era at Mclaren Mercedes.
Hamilton has now ALSO won WDC`s in the Turbo Hybrid era at the works Mercedes
Schumi ONLY mastered the V8 era, with titles at a number of different teams - NOT just a single team.
Alonso achieved multi WDC`s just at Renault, in the V8 era.

Huh 😳

Mate... 

1) Schumi won his first title BEFORE the 1995 engine reg changes.

2) Alonso's 2 titles were first with a V10 in 2005 and then a V8 in 2006

So if Alonso does manage to win a championship, which is a tall ask considering the competition, yeah, maybe he will hold a unique spot in F1 history books to win under 3 separate engine regs.

But Firstly, He would be the first person to win a championship after such a huge gap.

46 minutes ago, Sakae said:

McLaren is independent? Independent of whom or what?

In my personal opinion, McLaren, in the current setup, are independent of a lot of political and intellectual BS that surrounds other F1 teams.

2 hours ago, blackpebel said:

In my personal opinion, McLaren, in the current setup, are independent of a lot of political and intellectual BS that surrounds other F1 teams.

I thought they are behind a lot of current BS technical, BS regulatory, and BS political in F1. If you doubt me, talk to Wolff.

15 minutes ago, Sakae said:

I thought they are behind a lot of current BS technical, BS regulatory, and BS political in F1. If you doubt me, talk to Wolff.

Mmmm.. Nahhh.. Wolff's input on this matter is Not needed really... They are quite happy where they are..

image.png.517b64f01718296056b570bdc2193206.png

grandprix:

Alonso hits out at lack of 2021 winter testing

"It is the most sophisticated sport in the world, with millions and millions in investments, but the only one in which the athlete is prohibited from training," he told AS newspaper.

What do you know, the guy can make sense sometimes.

2 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

Still V8 engines though dude

Sigh.. phewwwwwww... ok... here.. Shumi won in 94 and 95 with Benetton...

1994 Season    👉 Benetton had  a Ford 3.5     V8

1995 Season   👉 Benetton had a Renault 3.0     V10

38 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Alonso-Tiger-Woods

Ahh, What a topsy-turvy career he has fought through...  here is a small recap: Tiger woods comeback

Sine you brought it up @BradSpeedMan ...  Looking at Tiger, I see there is some hope available for Fernando..

I'm really looking forward to him fighting on the track. He truly brings a lot of passion and grit to racing through his personality AND skills...

I can understand people have a thing or 2 against him, he has called it on him self TBH.. But The way I see it, Just like the Tattoo of a Samurai on his back,, he fights like one.

Some people literally view him as a Shinobi, which is a step too far.. but I personally beg to differ, the man deserves some credit for the fight he shows..

2 hours ago, Sakae said:

What do you know, the guy can make sense sometimes.

More then just sometimes Sakae.. I think he was right in realizing how big a Fak-up F1 had made when he saw the telemetry for Merc in the first year of the Hybrid Era. He was lured in by Ron, and rightly so, But what Honda put on the table was shambolic, its unfair to judge Alonso's frustration, which came out of him wanting to win..

36 minutes ago, blackpebel said:

Part 1

More then just sometimes Sakae.. I think he was right in realizing how big a Fak-up F1 had made when he saw the telemetry for Merc in the first year of the Hybrid Era. He was lured in by Ron, and rightly so,

Part 2

But what Honda put on the table was shambolic, its unfair to judge Alonso's frustration, which came out of him wanting to win..

You are making me repeat myself.

Agree with Part 1.  I am not Alonso, but I've voiced similar concerns first three months into a 2014 season. F1 was in trouble, we all saw it, but people who should, they did not care. This nonsense that "dynasties" are tradition sounded very hollow when one realized framework, complexities, regulations. But I digress.

Part 2 - disagree. 

We have obviously tattooed on our livers different concept of decency. I cannot accept as "understandable" his extraordinary break of civility. 

Blaming Honda is so very British, isn't it? What an irony; being blamed by the same people who instituted these shambolic (as you stated) conditions which put Honda in this predicament in the first place. 

Strangely enough, early today in your discussion you were defending forthcoming adjustments on rules as winning proposition for new entrants. (That is how I've interpreted your posts.) I said it then, and I repeat it now, new entrants will end up just as Honda in really tight spots, failing on global stage, and for what? That is suppose to be the heavenly PR for the team, so British papers write about them how inept team is? give me a break. 

Budget were suppose to relax creative environment, let team work as they need. Instead, teams will have to ask if, when, and for how long they can go into washrooms.

11 hours ago, blackpebel said:

Strategy by Zak
Mclaren R a customer team.  Let the works teams be involved.
Though I disagree with U blackpebel - there is NOT a lot of politicaal and intellectual BS currently surroundin Renault works.
Just the usual Cyril (Abiteboul) nonsense, Renault do NOT yet have a customer team for 2021.  
Hoping for Alonso 2 do some more magic, with a lesser PU

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Blaming Honda is so very British, isn't it?

Just like blaming Alonso is so very Japanese,,, isn't it?

In hind sight, considering the complexities of the Regulations, it would be fair to say that both Alonso and Honda should NOT be blamed. They took it out on each other, but they fell into that Mess. If my comments come across as a Direct blame towards Honda, then I apologies, thats NOT my intention. I have Nothing against Honda or the Japanese. I have seen enough of Naruto during lockdown that I am convinced I will travel to the land of the rising sun on the first available opportunity, and also try some Ramen. I drive a Mitsubishi, which is my 2nd mitsu in my life, and I admire Japan and everything that comes out of it, including Honda!

Alonso was incredibly unprofessional is his negative comments towards Honda.

Contrast that with Kimi who never said a word against McLaren or Mercedes during the infamous 2005 season. Total class.

Honda may have been at the level of a GP2 engine, but they are your partners, have put $100m into the team, so act professional and work together. McLaren couldn't. Yet RBR have a very cosy relationship with them, and Honda's package has drastically improved.

Alonso isn't blameless either. He's known for sending teams so far down a tangent whilst they follow his direction that it takes them years to correct.

Despite this, I look forward to seeing him in the Alpine next year. I just hope he's not decked out in the stupid a## Kimoa clothing 🤮

6 hours ago, KoolMonkey said:

Alonso was incredibly unprofessional is his negative comments towards Honda.

Contrast that with Kimi who never said a word against McLaren or Mercedes during the infamous 2005 season. Total class.

Honda may have been at the level of a GP2 engine, but they are your partners, have put $100m into the team, so act professional and work together. McLaren couldn't. Yet RBR have a very cosy relationship with them, and Honda's package has drastically improved.

Alonso isn't blameless either. He's known for sending teams so far down a tangent whilst they follow his direction that it takes them years to correct.

Despite this, I look forward to seeing him in the Alpine next year. I just hope he's not decked out in the stupid a## Kimoa clothing 🤮

Alonso gave Honda/McLaren headache, he has done the same to Ferrari, and not once occurred to him its perhaps him, who should take some responsibility for the outcome. Many rave about his heavenly driving skills, and teams tried to please his every whim, which IMO was colossal mistake. At Ferrari he managed to place the team and Kimi into difficult position, and at the end it was not him, but people around him who suffered, as world lough at them.

I am not entirely sure what is Renault hoping to accomplish which should be different collaboration, because I don't think Alonso has changed; considering his age, he is a man settled into his ways and it is too late for him start from scratch. If Renault is not going to produce a competitive car, how long it will take before we will see Alonso sitting a camping chair by a track? Is so, I will say to Cyril Abiteboul, serves you right, Cyril. Based on objective evidence, you've known better. Alonso will not built a better Renault.

Renault has to built a better Renault, but should have done it with younger, hungry guys, who are there for the team and themselves, not just me, me, and me.

Date 2020.09.25   Time 13:18 (UTC)

Confirmed / F1 website

Stefano Domenicali is to become President and CEO of Formula 1 in January 2021, with Chase Carey, the current Chairman and CEO, moving to the role of non-executive Chairman.

On 9/25/2020 at 5:33 AM, KoolMonkey said:

KM, aren't these 2 instances completely different in all possible ways? How can we compare 2005 where Kimi was fighting for a title, and finished 2nd... to 2015/16/17 where Alonso was, at times fighting to finish, let alone fighting to finish in points..

Alonso also finished runner up in 2010 and 2012, all he said was that he didn't have the winning package to fight with. Vettel is saying the exact same thing today.. I din see alonso complaint as bad back then as he did during the Honda years tbh, it came out of pure frustration of waste of everything that you tried to put in... 

And that why I wanted to be fair to both when I said...

On 9/25/2020 at 2:56 AM, blackpebel said:

In hind sight, considering the complexities of the Regulations, it would be fair to say that both Alonso and Honda should NOT be blamed.

Honda may have been at the level of a GP2 engine, but they are your partners, have put $100m into the team, so act professional and work together.

As I remember It was Honda that requested Ron to have Alonso sign, which Ron obliged to... And talking about partnership, it works both ways. Alonso, and other drivers at Mclaren-Honda, promised to bring their driving skills to the partnership, and they tried their level best to deliver on the same. Honda put money in? These drivers have put their whole life worth of efforts and skill's + their life on line in each race,,, to a project that was shambolic to say the least.. Honda should have been humble in defeat back then, as they are today to receive curse words from Verstappen..

Unfortunately, It was Honda that could not deliver on their end of the 'partnership'. So is it fair to blame a top driver for being frustrated, who sits in the car every race to fight for a championship, but cant even score a point? This went on for 3 damn years, 3..

Verstappen would blast them with all the possible curse words if Honda Fak's up for 3 races in succession.

Again.. The F1 Reg's are so silly they could not manage this debacle, so whom should you really blame.. the driver for being frustrated, or the team for being frustrated about the fact that the driver is frustrated..

Hmm.. I hope his years away from F1 have helped him bring a better version of himself to the track...

I'm not keen on buying any of that merchandise.. the sun glasses look cool though  😎

Date 2020.09.26   Time 8:03 (UTC)

Torger might be actually quite accurate in his assertion.

Mercedes boss Toto Wolff says there was never any serious chance of him becoming CEO of Formula 1, as rivals Ferrari would’ve exercised their veto.

Ferrari have done it to LdM when replacement for BE was on the table.  This was revealed by Luca Cordero di Montezemolo himself a few years back. He was, or is, if I am not mistaken, on board of CVC.

Date 2020.09.26   Time 11:33 (UTC)

Binotto admits Ferrari vetoed Wolff as F1 CEO

...as suspected.

Edited by Sakae

On 3/13/2020 at 6:35 PM, Sakae said:

WHO declared Europe a new epicenter of pandemic Coronavirus. What it means for racing is a good question. Germany for example permits crowds not large than 100 people at any time, anywhere. 

Well it is the end of September and we HAVE had racing - enough racing for it 2 now B classed as a season.
Racing BEHIND closed doors - Sky F1 R the WINNERS, whilst Bernie IS a thing of the past.
Bernie made HIS money, F1 has NOW completed (in the process of - it IS officially a season) a race calendar WITHOUT Bernie.
Sky F1 R the WINNERS - Stay Safe everybody

13 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

Well it is the end of September and we HAVE had racing - enough racing for it 2 now B classed as a season.
Racing BEHIND closed doors - Sky F1 R the WINNERS, whilst Bernie IS a thing of the past.
Bernie made HIS money, F1 has NOW completed (in the process of - it IS officially a season) a race calendar WITHOUT Bernie.
Sky F1 R the WINNERS - Stay Safe everybody

There are no winners. About million of people someone loved left us due to the pandemic, and it's not over yet. BTW, Melbourne 2021 might be rescheduled as security precaution. Some people take this situation seriously, some don't. I don't like gambling and this was unnecessary risk IMO. Ecclestone - I think - was correct, and the season should have been cancelled. Just because so far nothing happened in paddock, it doesn't mean it was smart act. Just lucky one. That's how I see it.

With respect to who is or isn't important, automakers alone, without FiA, Liberty, CVC, Braun, Brown, and a few "self-important" people can organize a show. FFS they can built a car in tightly controlled processes, so to sent a few planners to negotiate and execute race is not a such big deal. It was done about half-century before F1. People who do make cars and train drivers are the main actors. Others just live off it. Ecclestone did it better than others, and now someone else emulates his methods; perhaps more softly, but still, it is BE's methodology (MO). 

7 hours ago, Sakae said:

and it's not over yet.

The end is just the beginning.
Once crowds return, if a possible cure is found.
It will just B the beginning of tryin 2 rebuild F1 and the world 

Date 2020.10.02   Time 7:59 (UTC)

I am not sure Hamilton's world will like this.

Alonso is merely stating obvious what many noted n-times over the years.

1. Michael never had machine generated gap as large as Hamilton has in MB on all his titles since 2014.
  2. Michael' era also can be characterized by different regulations. Teams could change cars a lot during a season, and test it as they needed. Competition was on! PU wasn't complex and teams could go after Ferrari any time they wanted.

This is something what Hamilton refuses to acknowledge. There is no competition between the grid and MB. Too much to fix, there are limits on what can be worked on, it takes too long and costly to fix, just bad situation all over. In his naiveté LH thinks he is on a the same level as guys like Prost, Schumacher, and Senna. Unfortunately some segment of media supporting his bubble-like world. Nothing we can do about it.

30 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Date 2020.10.02   Time 7:59 (UTC)

I am not sure Hamilton's world will like this.

Alonso is merely stating obvious what many noted n-times over the years.

1. Michael never had machine generated gap as large as Hamilton has in MB on all his titles since 2014.
  2. Michael era also can be characterized by different regulations. Teams could change cars a lot during a season, and test it as they needed. Competition was on! PU wasn't complex and teams could go after Ferrari any time they wanted.

This is something what Hamilton refuses to acknowledge. There is no competition of the grid with MB. Too much to fix, thete are limits on what can be worked on, it takes too long and costly to fix, just bad situation all over. In his naiveté LH thinks he is on a the same level as guys like Prost, Schumacher, and Senna. Unfortunately some segment of media supporting his bubble-like world. Nothing we can do about it.

+1🤚

Date 2020.10.02   Time 16:04 (UTC)

GPBlog

Market conditions

World is changing rapidly. Most people, but F1, do understand this. Visiting from some other planet lunatics on sidelines want F1 to go back into last century. Noise pollution, lights pollution, smoke pollution, etc. It's not only on the track, but in supply chain as well. I am surprised that MB actually decided to continue. BMW was ahead of their time recognizing need for technology of tomorrow, one has to wake up early, work intelligently for years, and so they have. Character of markets is changing.  I am not so sure that a brand name in F1 running in circles will change my mind which car to purchase.