4 hours ago, Sakae said:

WHAT THE Farce!

3 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Will benefit Merc once again

Yes,, clearly!

Edited by blackpebel

4 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Will benefit Merc once again

I don't know how seriously you meant it, but it may very well be a correct answer. In my way of thinking, a vehicle with least number of problems will be ahead of them all, and everyone under those new restrictions will have difficulties once again to catch the leader.

Not enough resources under budgetary restrictions, not enough time under working-hours restrictions, not enough opportunities to experiment, commit mistake and recover from it..

We has example what can happen in similar situation in 2014 when Mercedes hit bullseye with their design, and handicapped by regulatory restrictions others weren't able to catch up with them. Seven years later they are still behind. 'Ferrari was totally castrated with that phony complaints. 

To think there was time I used to respect certain men in charge, I am today ashamed how big mistake on my part that was.

1 minute ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Don't know how credible this is, so Claire steps down...

We expected it did'nt we, altho denials even from herself

Some articles claim that whole Williams family is walking away from F1. I am not going to miss them.

And so, for now, the retirement rumours might just die down. His team boss Frederic Vasseur said at Monza that Raikkonen is "a reference" for Alfa Romeo.

"I haven't thought about it," Raikkonen said. "I don't know when I will stop.

"When I do I will stay with my family. I don't know if I will do some other racing, but certainly I will do some karting with my son. And I will take my wife on her honeymoon - I always told her I would after I quit, and she is still waiting."

Sweet

Looks like Wolff is staying with MB. The announcement is shrouded with degree of secrecy and mystique.

One year? Not the same role (TP)?

What's up with that?

Conspiracy theory.
Vettel IS leavin Ferrari at the end of the year - anyway.
Did Ferrari produce a poor car, purposely ? To sabatarge Vettel ?
Ferrari STILL get the exposure of the brand.  Though avoid payin bonuses ... 
The Mercedes IS on it.  To reduce costs, did Ferrari look at the big picture.  
Y compete with Mercedes - Ferrari R NOT about auto gear box market
R Ferrari just winding down the Vettel project? 
This era of F1 is NOT the market Ferrari wish 2 succeed in for the long term anyway
So nothin is lost

Edited by lipstick79

1 hour ago, lipstick79 said:

Did Ferrari produce a poor car, purposely ?

Nope. They don't do that in F1.

Lets just be practical about this... No one wants to Purposely produce a bad car. Not that Ferrari have created a bad car by accident, they have just not put their technical abilities to the best use.

I suppose there are a lot of Italian chefs in that kitchen offering and fighting for their own personal opinion, which has ruined the cake.

OK I WILL refrase it.
Did Ferrari produce a lesser car purposely.  
NOT devotin FULL resources?
Ferrari do NOT require publicity like a fizzy drink.
The Ferrari name SELLS
Who says that the cake has been ruined?
RedBull require exposure 2 sell a fizzy drink 2 the world
Ferrari HAS taken a back seat
But STILL on TV, aware of the brand
Ready 4 the next reg changes.

Instead of devotin resources 2 beatin Mercedes, just live with situation and have the prancin horse
seen prancin around the track

11 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

OK I WILL refrase it.
Did Ferrari produce a lesser car purposely.  
NOT devotin FULL resources?
Ferrari do NOT require publicity like a fizzy drink.
The Ferrari name SELLS
Who says that the cake has been ruined?
RedBull require exposure 2 sell a fizzy drink 2 the world
Ferrari HAS taken a back seat
But STILL on TV, aware of the brand
Ready 4 the next reg changes.

Instead of devotin resources 2 beatin Mercedes, just live with situation and have the prancin horse
seen prancin around the track

Once again, No.

Ferrari does 2 things, Making Sports cars, and Racing Sports cars,, and that is ALL that Ferrari does. ;  And on that note, NOT winning,,, is NOT an option, they can, or would EVER choose. They would not hold on till the Regs 'change'

On the other hand, Redbull sells, well - Redbull ..... and participates in all kind of Racing and Adventure sports activities to keep them relevant to the product that they sell, an ENERGY DRINK. Mind you... not just some other 'Fizzy Drink' with sugar and soda in it.. So if they are asking for attention, they are also fighting for it... For gods sake, They are fighting twice as much given the number of teams they have in F1.

So, In contrary to what you are saying, Winning is what makes Ferrari Name resonates in the newspapers, journals, and all the host of other online media we now have available.

In Italy, from the Barbers shop to the Presidents office, they all talk about what happens with Ferrari on a Sunday afternoon, and the whole country has its emotions attached to Ferrraaariiii.

Voluntarily NOT winning,,, is NOT an option.

It is difficult to manage the whole countries emotions and social pressure,, and THIS is the biggest Achilles Heels for Ferrari, but what can you do? Italians are passionate about their racing.

The truth is...

Ferrari is simply lagging behind on working as efficiently as other teams like Merc, Redbull, Mclaren, Alpa Tauri or Racing point for that matter... All these teams are making a better use of the resources at hand, and the Onus is on Ferrari to up their game.

@blackpebel

Whilst I do agree with most in the preceding post, where I differ, is with characterization of the situation at Maranello. Based on frequency of updates, and execution of general operations in the paddock, I don't however detect any inefficiency, at least not much more different to Ferrari's rivals. Some problems we all can observe are related to operational effectiveness. 

I can name three issues, despite there is probably more of those when placed under microscope.

1. Vehicle design appears to contain fundamental flaws requiring total redesign and new concept. (Car is unstable).
  2. PU was gutted by FiA and that placed the team behind others in performance. (I doubt other PUs are compliant to the same rules).
  3. Race strategy decisions appears rendered too slow in reacting changing race conditions, and often prone to mistakes.

There is no point to bore anyone with repeated characterization what I think about current F1 related normative references, but as I see it, those are among principal obstacles to rapid recovery for Ferrari.

Engineering design is creation of many ideas, of which some are brilliant but might never come to fruition for one reason or other, others are implemented for all wrong reasons as there are far too many constraints along way. I am not in a position to teach Ferrari anything, but to state obvious, one can see it even from outside.

People find those things what works and what doesn't through engineering experimentation and endless testing. Not every designer is Einstein and be right on every decision made. Failing in that endeavour is part of engineer's life. It was true hundreds years ago, and it is true today. Accountants, lawyers, PR people, investment bankers, YES men and whoever else is running F1 these days of course do not seems to understand that, and as far as | can see, they have no intention to learn.  

Based on blue blood pedigree, Ferrari will recover, I have no doubt, but it will take time, unfortunately. Maybe not in 5 years, but it will not happen this year. Problem is, rivals don't stand still, and we are all witnessing that struggle. Ferrari is being ridiculed by various trashy media outlets, however IMHO the anger and ridicule is misdirected. I think we could name quite a few men in the game and behind the scene who do deserve this much more, as true villains in this charade.    

7 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Its confirmed, chico is out of Racing Point

24 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

I am actually not surprised. TP made similar claim - we have already 2 drivers - quite a while ago. I am not sure at all if he ever made a claim they will hire Vettel. There is so much gossip on the web masquerading as news, it's hard to know what is what.  

F1 official site is also printing it, therefore it looks like it is official. They claim to be in shock. Where is Perez going? Haas?

Here

It's funny just yesterday I've read Vettel is waiting for Hamilton to f-something.

Date 2020.09.09   Time 19:31 (UTC)

planet f1:

Vettel waiting for Hamilton announcement

Date published: September 9 2020

Strange, isn't it? Both, Kimi and Seb have this year a season to forget. Seb full decade, Kimi even longer.

Now when Perez made his move, is there going to be domino effect? Sauber, Haas, RP has not really confirmed who is getting that seat. We are assuming Vettel, but is he?

I would like to see Hulk back, but not at the Kimi's expenses. 

For the first time in a looong while, I feel an inkling of... HAPPINESS.... Forgot how it felt like in F1 terms...

This is the surest confirmation of Vettel signing. To top it of it, it will be absolutely splendid if it's announced this weekend, at Ferrari's 1000th GP, with that s##t livery an all.... Now to dream even bigger, what if Wolff and Cowell has plans to move over to AM. That would be really... GRAND!

I loved this article... http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/735193/Vettel_set_to_upstage_Ferrari_at_1000th_race_as_Perez_departs/

Some points from it.... "He’d never admit it publicly, but Sebastian Vettel must be hiding a wry grin heading into this weekend’s race at Mugello." "all the indications are that it’s Vettel who will be confirmed at Racing Point and Aston Martin and will steal Ferrari’s thunder on the very weekend they wanted the limelight." This might be abit wayward, but what if it is true..."While all the signs are there that it’s Vettel going to Racing Point, there’s still a theoretical possibility of a shock. Lewis Hamilton and Toto Wolff’s contracts come to an end at Mercedes this year. Bottas has been re-signed for 2021, but Hamilton hasn’t been in a rush. Wolff has bought a small share in Aston Martin and could be eyeing up a move to the F1 team, with the intent of bringing Hamilton with him. Realistically, it’s the only other possibility that could persuade Lawrence Stroll to pay Perez off."

Inkling because Perez is a cool guy, I wish him the best. He will find another seat, that's for sure..

"I’m guessing Perez and Nico Hulkenberg at the American team, with Grosjean and Kevin Magnussen losing their seats."

Date 2020.09.10   Time 4:45 (UTC)

I am so exhausted with the news, rumors and whatever, that I feel empty and unable to anticipate emotionally anything anymore regarding F1. Situational analysis would suggest Vettel will take Perez's seat next year, but after so many fallouts, I hesitate to swallow another false flag. I can wait for things to happen first. 

This is not only about Vettel, but Brawn is now blabbing again about reverse grid racing. What a farce. Simply one gimmick after another. It's painful for me to listen from those guys.

Reverse grid goes against everything I believe classification on Saturday stands for. You drive fast so you can be in P1, not in P20. Brawn should be sued for malpractice, if he goes ahead with that. He allegedly said in the last race we saw how beautifully it works. No, what I saw was the race of attrition in red team, and MB did not had best car for that type of circuit, so, suddenly Hamilton became very ordinary citizen.* That tendency you handicap guys who do best of them all I think is anti-F1 philosophy of racing. (*Could not overtake front side of the grid).

Perez as "support" for Verstappen? Would he be willing to take a such role, or rather choose possible equal or leading role at Haas? RBR is a dream team at the moment, but I am not sure what the owner with Marko decide to do with Albon. It's up and down with rumors.

Date 2020.09.10   Time 7:17 (UTC)

Vettel:

“I am pleased to finally share this exciting news about my future," said the German. "I’m extremely proud to say that I will become an Aston Martin driver in 2021. It’s a new adventure for me with a truly legendary car company. I have been impressed with the results the team has achieved this year and I believe the future looks even brighter.

So, it's official.

2 hours ago, Sakae said:

Reverse grid goes against everything I believe classification on Saturday stands for. You drive fast so you can be in P1, not in P20.

I TOTALLY agree, reverse grid IS gimmocky and NOT the point in racing - to go slow
The track "rubbers in" the more it is used.  So the slow drivers benefit by being slower than everybody else.
I thought F1 were about finding the FASTEST drivers NOT the slowest. 
There does NOT become a need to ""push the envelope" and innovate, when goin slower WILL B better.

It's a shame there is no vettel topic on this forum to post this news...

Welcome to Aston Martin Sebastian.

Edited by blackpebel

11 minutes ago, blackpebel said:

It's a shame there is no vettel forum on this forum to post this news...

There could be one if current contributors want one. I am not going to stop you.

May I suggest alternative? Open AM thread if you are a fan of the team, and include drivers with the car, business, etc.  

Personally I am not anymore in favor of driver's threads. (Team threads maybe.) Based on past experience, driver's name draws unjustified focus at the expenses of the other drivers. Moreover, during racing breaks posts become emotional and often irrational, lacking balance. That's however just my point of view.