Clicky

Sakae

F1 - What's on your mind?

Nice touch...

Congratulations from Vettel and Hamilton

''I have a long talk with Vettel and he is just a driver for whom I have a lot of respect. He is perhaps the smartest of us all. I also asked him for advice last year with my problems at Red Bull and that's always good advice. Now it was just a conversation in which he was happy for me and congratulated me''.

Gasly is the successor to Vettel, who last won for Toro Rosso in 2008. ''He said I deserved the victory. If a four-time world champion says that to you, that's special. Especially when Lewis Hamilton does the same. But I have to get back to work, because I have a race next Sunday'', concludes the driver of AlphaTauri.

Date 2020.09.10   Time 9:36 (UTC)

I am not retiring yet. Seb made sure of it.

I am not sure what kind of contract Seb actually accepted, but it seem it will be multi-year commitment (my guess is 2 years, maybe 3.) So, we are in together for another adventure. I have to burry my doubts about Stroll, and hope Seb knows what he is doing. 

Viel Glück Mann!

Just now, Sakae said:

Date 2020.09.10   Time 9:36 (UTC)

I am not retiring yet. Seb made sure of it.

I am not sure what kind of contract Seb actually accepted, but it seem it will be multi-year commitment (my guess is 2 years, maybe 3.) So, we are in together for another adventure. I have to burry my doubts about Stroll, and hope Seb knows what he is doing. 

Viel Glück Mann!

That is indeed... Good News!!! and no, I'm not reffering to the Gospel 😂

Happy to continue walking this road with you... Let it go well for Seb

1 minute ago, BradSpeedMan said:

That is indeed... Good News!!! and no, I'm not reffering to the Gospel 😂

Happy to continue walking this road with you... Let it go well for Seb

+1

To honor Ferrari next race, MB painted AMG Safety Car Ferrari-red.

This way we have guarantee that at least something will work for Mattia.  

9 minutes ago, Sakae said:

To honor Ferrari next race, MB painted AMG Safety Car Ferrari-red.

This way we have guarantee that at least something will work for Mattia.  

🤣🤣🤣

nice gesture tho, the red safety car

2 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

🤣🤣🤣

nice gesture tho, the red safety car

If Mattia is planning in the next race similar performance as seen at Monza, I think Italian media will paint his back red too.

I'm not so sure Perez wasn't told anything. Stroll and Otmar are cordial and dealt with this situation in classy manner from what I can see on the outside. Consider how Binotto the Clown dealt with Vettel...

I think Perez knew and was told, but hung onto the notion that Vettel hadn't signed *yet*, and his backers had more than likely reminded RP of the contract. But no team is going to keep Perez vs Vettel.

I'm not fully buying Perez at the moment. I think he knew, and this is just his disappointment coming out. Though I do feel for him somewhat, he will find a seat at Haas for sure I think. How Mag and Gro continue to drive for that dumpster team is beyond me. Shows they have ZERO interest to improve in any aspect of things. Compare that to RP/AM and it's clear they are gunning for big things next year.

14 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

For the first time in a looong while, I feel an inkling of... HAPPINESS.... Forgot how it felt like in F1 terms...

This is the surest confirmation of Vettel signing. To top it of it, it will be absolutely splendid if it's announced this weekend, at Ferrari's 1000th GP, with that s##t livery an all.... Now to dream even bigger, what if Wolff and Cowell has plans to move over to AM. That would be really... GRAND!

I loved this article... http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/735193/Vettel_set_to_upstage_Ferrari_at_1000th_race_as_Perez_departs/

Some points from it.... "He’d never admit it publicly, but Sebastian Vettel must be hiding a wry grin heading into this weekend’s race at Mugello." "all the indications are that it’s Vettel who will be confirmed at Racing Point and Aston Martin and will steal Ferrari’s thunder on the very weekend they wanted the limelight." This might be abit wayward, but what if it is true..."While all the signs are there that it’s Vettel going to Racing Point, there’s still a theoretical possibility of a shock. Lewis Hamilton and Toto Wolff’s contracts come to an end at Mercedes this year. Bottas has been re-signed for 2021, but Hamilton hasn’t been in a rush. Wolff has bought a small share in Aston Martin and could be eyeing up a move to the F1 team, with the intent of bringing Hamilton with him. Realistically, it’s the only other possibility that could persuade Lawrence Stroll to pay Perez off."

Inkling because Perez is a cool guy, I wish him the best. He will find another seat, that's for sure..

"I’m guessing Perez and Nico Hulkenberg at the American team, with Grosjean and Kevin Magnussen losing their seats."

Hahaha this is classic. I linked to this article in the Ferrari thread without knowing you'd done the same. Great minds think alike 🤣

1 hour ago, KoolMonkey said:

Hahaha this is classic. I linked to this article in the Ferrari thread without knowing you'd done the same. Great minds think alike 🤣

sure do 🤣

👍

1 hour ago, KoolMonkey said:

I'm not so sure Perez wasn't told anything. Stroll and Otmar are cordial and dealt with this situation in classy manner from what I can see on the outside. Consider how Binotto the Clown dealt with Vettel...

I think Perez knew and was told, but hung onto the notion that Vettel hadn't signed *yet*, and his backers had more than likely reminded RP of the contract. But no team is going to keep Perez vs Vettel.

I'm not fully buying Perez at the moment. I think he knew, and this is just his disappointment coming out. Though I do feel for him somewhat, he will find a seat at Haas for sure I think. How Mag and Gro continue to drive for that dumpster team is beyond me. Shows they have ZERO interest to improve in any aspect of things. Compare that to RP/AM and it's clear they are gunning for big things next year.

You make alot of sense, as always... but.... 

This article suggest... otherwise... http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/735327/Perez_told_hed_lost_his_seat_just_hours_before_announcement/

Anyway, wish Perez the best for his future endeavors

Where is it written they will not do the same to Vettel anytime mood strikes them? I am not sure why they signed Vettel, when Perez was performing proportionally to quality of his resources. Will Sebastian perform better than Perez? Well, car, car, and car...

To claim that Vettel would have performed better with this year RP car is just sound of hope. In reality, we will never know. 

7 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Where is it written they will not do the same to Vettel anytime mood strikes them? I am not sure why they signed Vettel, when Perez was performing proportionally to quality of his resources. Will Sebastian perform better than Perez? Well, car, car, and car...

To claim that Vettel would have performed better with this year RP car is just sound of hope. In reality, we will never know. 

Was he... really?  Your post, although a valid q...... suprised me. Just enjoy the moment Sakae...

See Seb has a new Babe waiting for him. Enjoy the perks!!!!!!! http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/735266/5EB_AMF1__Licensed_to_win/

22 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Was he... really?  Your post, although a valid q...... suprised me.

It should not Brad. I love Seb like my brother, but I've never felt easy with the idea him joining that outfit. The incident with Perez which is in the news today just confirmed my trepidation. I am also quite certain I was quite open with my sentiments for very long time. 

9 minutes ago, Sakae said:

It should not Brad. I love Seb like my brother, but I've never felt easy with the idea him joining that outfit. I am also quite certain I was quite open with my sentiment for very long time. 

What other option did he have?

We want to see him fight for podiums, and hopefully... titles.

Altho he considered retirement, personally I'm happy he's still on the grid for a few more years

3 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

What other option did he have?

We want to see him fight for podiums, and hopefully... titles.

Altho he considered retirement, personally I'm happy he's still on the grid for a few more years

True, very true and pragmatic. 

I have to admit I've until last minute hoping he will join RBR and/or MB. Grown men sometimes dream too.

1 minute ago, Sakae said:

True, very true and pragmatic. 

I have to admit I've until last minute hoping he will join RBR and/or MB. Grown men sometimes dream too.

I have two words for you my friend.... TRUST Seb!

I'de wager he'll be in a happy environment where those around him will value him as a driver, together with his experience and input. Their statement of intent sums it up for me...

13 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

I have two words for you my friend.... TRUST Seb!

It may surprise you, but I always do.

10+ years now.

The others - not that much.

Date 2020.09.11   Time 5:58 (UTC)

Alonso to Renault. Should Kimi stay, there could be 4 WDC in series.

Vettel, Kimi, Alonso and Hamilton.

Shall we see a fight worth watching?

Perez was invited to talk with Haas, but he was not interested. Perhaps after latest surprise in his life he might have changed his mind. I am also wondering why his sponsors didn't talk to him. They surely were informed by law offices.

I would like to see Kimi staying one more season, Hulk coming back, and perhaps Mick trying his luck (next to Kimi?). 

I am assuming Hamilton is staying where he is, but who knows...

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Date 2020.09.11   Time 5:58 (UTC)

Alonso to Renault. Should Kimi stay, there could be 4 WDC in series.

Vettel, Kimi, Alonso and Hamilton.

Shall we see a fight worth watching?

Perez was invited to talk with Haas, but he was not interested. Perhaps after latest surprise in his life he might have changed his mind. I am also wondering why his sponsors didn't talk to him. They surely were informed by law offices.

I would like to see Kimi staying one more season, Hulk coming back, and perhaps Mick trying his luck (next to Kimi?). 

I am assuming Hamilton is staying where he is, but who knows...

I would like that too, it makes sense

Date 2020.09.11   Time 9:02 (UTC)

German sources:

Sebastian has taken pay-cut (allegedly down to €15MM), and it sounds like he has way out of his contract after 1 year.  That's my boy, and I can breathe again.