Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

COVID-19 and its effect upon F1

Yes Sakae. I understand. We are all in this together as the whole world has unfortunately been attacked not by ICBMs but by letting infected Chinese citizens go all over the world carrying this CCP virus. The whole world can get back at those evil CCP later for what they have done but for now, it'S healing that is the first priority.

I am not implying that Avigan alone can save the world. Anyone with little brain knows that there isn't any single bullet that can save / cure us from this filthy virus. I just was pointing out that it is still a good start and direction to getting better. It still has done a lot of good curing in Japan. I mean from 20-80 daily recoveries using other means to over 2,000 by the use of Avigan is a breakthrough. IT is not for everyone but it has done well for those who have the right matching without underlying issues that can be affected by it's side effects.

All medicines has side effects to begin with.

But I am not here to blow flower up your spirit. We are all matured and well informed on how everything is developing. 

F1 is not my priority either, I am just a poster here, I just occasionally post here to keep in touch and see how F1 is pushing or lagging in terms of schedules.

Keep safe everyone !

8 minutes ago, radical-one said:

Yes Sakae. I understand....

Yes, stay alert, stay cautious, stay safe.  :mellow:

Date 2020.05.14   Time 6:17 (UTC)

So, what's new? Nothing much. Leaving Ferrari, F1 media have Vettel going into 7 different directions, and if he fulfills BBC wish, preferably into a car at the end of the grid. That's good enough for him. Meanwhile world continues to fight COVID-19, and now we can add infodemic. (New word, old character flaw.) Governments have their hands full.

Races in July, or this year for that matter, is a bad idea, that is all what I think about it.

Date 2020.06.08   Time 15:38 (UTC)

It has been reported that Coronavirus related lockdowns reduced infection rate by 81%. One wonders if some people however aren't getting ahead themselves with rapid return to "normal" crowding. It's not over by any means. We still don't have vaccine, and people with weak immune body system remain just as much at risk as when it started. F1 probably will manage at least 8 races this year. Like Ecclestone, I do remain however skeptical that this is a good thing. Can a race without fans count as a race? Maybe this will be a new normal, and regardless of my concerns, in a way I do miss racing as much as a next guy. After several decades with the sport, this season has potential to be most unusual one. 

5 hours ago, Sakae said:

Date 2020.06.08   Time 15:38 (UTC)

Maybe this will be a new normal

New normal`s DON`T last.  How MANY new normal`s HAVE there been, TEMPORARY normal IS a better term

"Temporary" by definition implies future return to conditions of the past, or changed conditions in the future. Return to the past is not only impossible for numerous reasons, but some people at the decision table do not want it. For lighthearted minds on sidelines on the surface it all will look and feel as old times, the same slogans, the same propaganda, however in evidence-based analysis facts suggest, it's never the same. There is nothing temporary in F1, as the sporting body constantly evolving, and unfortunately (IMHO) not always towards better. There is no "temporary" in the F1, just new "normal".

There's so much information on this pandemic that we are facing, it's hard to believe what is true.... I've now read a conspiracy theory as to how Covid-19 is not as bad as we think it is...

What is however sure is this.... things will never be the same again.

3 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

There's so much information on this pandemic that we are facing, it's hard to believe what is true.... I've now read a conspiracy theory as to how Covid-19 is not as bad as we think it is...

What is however sure is this.... things will never be the same again.

Yeah well, people who succumbed to the disease might have their own view how bad it is. (What's the global number - 400 k or thereabout?)

Stats are manipulated for political aims, data are incomplete due to enormity of the task, and also not accurate because we do not have information how many people died only because of covid-19. Others are unaccounted, yet some others had other health problems in addition to covid, etc. As mentioned earlier in this thread, some tests were proven unreliable, some people got it twice; it's a mess. Two things are however certain; it's not over yet, and I cannot buy a pill in my local pharmacy, should our little friend visited me.

2 hours ago, Sakae said:

Yeah well, people who succumbed to the disease might have their own view how bad it is. (What's the global number - 400 k or thereabout?)

Stats are manipulated for political aims, data are incomplete due to enormity of the task, and also not accurate because we do not have information how many people died only because of covid-19. Others are unaccounted, yet some others had other health problems in addition to covid, etc. As mentioned earlier in this thread, some tests were proven unreliable, some people got it twice; it's a mess. Two things are however certain; it's not over yet, and I cannot buy a pill in my local pharmacy, should our little friend visited me.

+1

You summed it up pretty well

It seems  me THAT covID-19 is NOT limited 2 JUST people.
Teams and Engine Manufacturers - Renault , R also showin signs of the effects from the virus
The BIG picture the WHOLE of F1 is AFFECTED - Clare Williams may NOT have tested positive for the virus but the
Williams team IS;

The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
Temperature R running HIGH at Williams, Claires "doin her nut" CAN we get sponsors ASAP
a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal

Date 2020.06.16   Time 18:00 (UTC)

New Zealand was 24 days without new cases of COVID-19, then two women arriwed from UK, and virus infection is back in NZ. Nice gift.

What makes Austrian government so certain that letting F1 people in from UK is safe?

US is not letting UK people in for foreseeable future (Dr. Fauci* said at least several months), yet they are OK to enter Austria? 

*Dr. Fauci is American immunologist and the director of the NIAID.

Date 2020.06.19   Time 9:41 (UTC)

Coronavirus latest: First CureVac vaccine trial results expected in 2 months

The trials conducted by the German pharmaceutical firm are underway and include more than 100 subjects, aged 18 to 60. 

It may or may not work, that remains to be seen. From where I sit this is a serious scientific effort, and not just premature half-baked announcement to look clever in effort to beat traffic on pharma-road to riches as we have seen already. Nothing about drinking motor-oil to cure your arthritis, malaria, HIV and also perhaps Corona.

On positive side, things are moving on, and people are working around the clock, 24/7. 

I say, thanks guys. 

Date 2020.06.25   Time 13:28 (UTC)

Brown thinks they can still do about 16 races. Personally I think they can do even more, especially when you can sit in every race in an air-conditioned room, and coffee is flowing constantly. 

On 6/9/2020 at 8:52 AM, Sakae said:

There is nothing temporary in F1

Pain IS temporary  wherever it IS felt

I am not sure where are you going with this, but I don't agree with your generalization. Psychological harm is pain (scars) which can last life time. (That's for the start.) There is no limit on what people feel, and for how long. What got you on this subject? Are you psychoanalyzing McLaren? If so, don't bother. 

Date 2020.07.16   Time 15:36 (UTC)

Update, and sort of good news.

Joseph Allen (Harvard)

image.png.e4830f70b75fd78789a4fa3a971162bd.png

Date 2020.08.05   Time 7:28 (UTC)

An article published in Global Research:

The key to defeat COVID-19 already exists. We need to start using it

Harvey Risch, MD, PhD, is Professor of Epidemiology at the renowned Yale University School of Public Health.

“As Professor of Epidemiology at the Yale School of Public Health, I have authored more than 300 peer-reviewed publications and currently hold leadership positions on the editorial boards of several leading journals. I’m used to advocating positions within the medical establishment, so I was disconcerted to find that in the midst of a crisis, I had to fight for a treatment that was fully supported by the data, but for reasons unrelated to a proper understanding of the science, was sidelined. As a result, tens of thousands of VIDOC-19 patients are dying needlessly. Fortunately, the situation can be reversed easily and quickly.

I’m talking, of course, about the drug hydroxychloroquine.”

This conclusion, when sided with other statements by scientists around the world, of course leaves me confused. So, do we have cure, or not for partial, or total recovery? Is politics and business seems to be getting in a way of clear cut answers? 

Good news? DW:

Coronavirus: Vaccine could be available by the autumn, RKI

Germany's top institute for infectious diseases has said it is "possible" there will be a COVID-19 vaccine "by autumn 2020." However, the RKI cautioned it might not be enough to bring a halt to the pandemic.

These are serious and credible people who do not seek bloated - me first -  headlines. All what I can say is, thank you for your hard work.

However, the institute warned that "it would be dangerous at this point to trust that a vaccination from autumn 2020 can control the pandemic."

In a paper entitled "The pandemic in Germany in the coming months" the RKI cautioned that the impact of any vaccine could be tempered by viral mutations or complications relating to long-lasting immunity.

Date 2020.09.30   Time 7:24 (UTC)

Virus among us.

Hermann Tilke has become a third high-profile expected attendee who is in fact not present at the Russian GP this weekend.

We reported earlier that Russian president Vladimir Putin and Bernie Ecclestone - both regular attendees at the event in Sochi - are not present in 2020.

Another notable absentee is Will Buxton, a popular broadcaster who is among seven cases of coronavirus detected by Formula 1 testing in the past week.

Date 2020.10.12   Time 5:52 (UTC)

France: Information Promising / warning

An affordable anti-microbial drug used to treat stomach ulcers and bacterial infections has shown promise in combatting the coronavirus in animals, scientists in Hong Kong announced Monday.

The coronavirus that causes Covid-19 can survive on items such as banknotes and phones for up to 28 days in cool, dark conditions, according to a study by Australia's national science agency.

That would explain why majority of shops in my location prefer I use my Apple-Pay cards on my cell phone instead cash.

Date 2020.10.13   Time 9:34 (UTC)

DW

Germany should be able to start immunizing people against the coronavirus in the first three months of 2021, said the country's health minister, Jens Spahn. The vaccine would only be administered to those who want it.

Sounds like a plan.

Date 2020.10.17   Time 12:00 (UTC)

Looks like F1 is not immune to COVID 19, and continues to play with fire. I am hoping drivers will be lucky enough to stay uninfected. Problems is, we have no science  to know degree of recovery of survivors. Some reports suggest permanent damage to lungs. This could mean potentially end of F1 career. Third wave of pandemic is here. Playing it safe stopped too soon.