Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

COVID-19 and its effect upon F1

Date 2020.11.03   Time 7:06 (UTC)

Wolff:

However, he admitted that whether Formula 1 can complete its 2020 season is actually "in the hands of the health authorities to decide whether motorsport is approved and we can travel".

Concerns: season might end up abruptly and shut down much earlier than intended. I would not be surprised if that happen. Laws should apply to all equally. (They do not, but one can dream).

Date 2020.11.09   Time 13:46 (UTC)

DW

Coronavirus: German company BioNTech says its vaccine is 90% effective

3rd stage of testing. Looks promising. Americans are selling the vaccine as American, however it is in reality German research going on in Germany.

The firm that invented the #Pfizer vaccine, Biontech, is a German medical startup founded by the children of Turkish #immigrants: Özlem Türeci (CMO) and Uğur Şahin (CEO). Both educated in Germany.

It is German government which supports financially research. I read 100 percent. American company - a partner - is collecting accolades, however all thing is happening and paid in Germany, as I understand it from various news.

Date 2020.11.16   Time 10:23 (UTC)

Germany is getting ready for vaccination. 

German states plan to set up hundreds of vaccination centers across the country starting in December, the newspaper Welt am Sonntag reported on Sunday.

Prediction:

• A man (with partner) behind the vaccine predicts (or hopes for) at least 50% success (recovery). 
  • Lockdown in Germany will spill into next year.

Challenge: One country's success is not enough. This is a global problem, and some news I read aren't really encouraging. Pull back, applying brakes on nonsense, and return to common sense could help. I do not recall what was last time a drug was pre-approved that urgently.

Companies are starting to pop up with their version of vaccine. Latest is Moderna (US based). So, good news all around.

Don't mean to take the Mickey out of the seriousness of the Covid-19 pandemic, or ignore the seriousness of it... but...

Ah... Briatore. The guy is looking... pretty cool after his ordeal with Covid-19.... He's lost some weight, and looks 10 years younger...

http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/746352/Briatore_Accuses_The_Media_Of_Making_It_Seem_Like_He_Died_From_COVID19/

3 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Don't mean to take the Mickey out of the seriousness of the Covid-19 pandemic, or ignore the seriousness of it... but...

Ah... Briatore. The guy is looking... pretty cool after his ordeal with Covid-19.... He's lost some weight, and looks 10 years younger...

http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/746352/Briatore_Accuses_The_Media_Of_Making_It_Seem_Like_He_Died_From_COVID19/

Good for him, despite my feeling, that some people cannot let go off the spotlight at any cost. His favorite subject - Alonso - is tattooed to his liver, I guess.

7 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Good for him, despite my feeling, that some people cannot let go off the spotlight at any cost. His favorite subject - Alonso - is tattooed to his liver, I guess.

:lol: True dat

Date 2021.01.09   Time 16:02 (UTC)

BioNTech vaccine works against new UK, South African Covid-19 variants, study says.

OK, hurry up with whatever you are doing..

3 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Date 2021.01.09   Time 16:02 (UTC)

OK, hurry up with whatever you are doing..

Why is SA variant singled out. It's based on unfounded claims. Every country carries a variant now, and they are not more dangerous than any other, statistically.

11 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Why is SA variant singled out. It's based on unfounded claims. Every country carries a variant now, and they are not more dangerous than any other, statistically.

I am unable to answer that.

1 hour ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Yes, no entry to their country. UK spokesman told the world our strain is more deadlier than anything else..

nincompoops

Be alert and stay healthy, Brad.