Sakae

FiA Regulations - ref.

7 posts in this topic

FiA / Liberty

Technical

F1, the FIA and all 10 teams have unanimously agreed to delay the introduction of the 2021 technical regulations by a year to 2022…

Financial

“The introduction and implementation of the financial regulations will go ahead as planned in 2021, and discussions remain ongoing between the FIA, Formula 1 and all teams regarding further ways to make significant cost savings.

2 hours ago, Sakae said:

FiA / Liberty

Technical

Financial

Some good thought processes i feel... some space to breath, recoup from this ongoing mess. Its good we'll see these latest cars for at least 2 years, with all the downforce gained.

On the other hand..

Doubt about SIGNIFICANT cost saving, teams will just find another loophole. Am I in favour of capped cost budget. No. Teams need to explore their limits, it's beneficial in some ways... Up to the smaller teams to attract donors/sponsorship, or their governtment funding them... or something. a Waste of Resources I feel

1 minute ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Some good thought processes i feel... some space to breath, recoup from this ongoing mess. Its good we'll see these latest cars for at least 2 years, with all the downforce gained.

On the other hand..

Doubt about SIGNIFICANT cost saving, teams will just find another loophole. Am I in favour of capped cost budget. No. Teams need to explore their limits, it's beneficial in some ways... Up to the smaller teams to attract donors/sponsorship, or their governtment funding them... or something. a Waste of Resources I feel

Absolutely. False flag economy, that's how I think about it. I do recall late Sergio admitting once, and he was someone who had all factual data, that all that hoopla over "saving" changes imposed upon teams, in his case Ferrari, did not save them a single €, yet I think quality of racing degraded because of those regulatory restrictions.

McLaren is almost certainly in minor challenge. They need different chassis due to changes in interfacing with Mercedes engine next year. For now, as we know, they mount Renault. There is however talk that teams are suppose to carry over current chassis for one more year.

26 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Absolutely. False flag economy, that's how I think about it. I do recall late Sergio admitting once, and he was someone who had all factual data, that all that hoopla over "saving" changes imposed upon teams, in his case Ferrari, did not save them a single €, yet I think quality of racing degraded because of those regulatory restrictions.

McLaren is almost certainly in minor challenge. They need different chassis due to changes in interfacing with Mercedes engine next year. For now, as we know, they mount Renault. There is however talk that teams are suppose to carry over current chassis for one more year.

Will Ferrari be able to develop their engines further and fix them flaws? If there is btw

6 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Will Ferrari be able to develop their engines further and fix them flaws?

The teams must shut down factories until end of April, if I am not mistaken. Problem for rest of us is, that we do not know where the Ferrari is today. I was hoping to learn more in Melbourne.

Sandbagging? Are they slow because of problems with PU, or do they have problems with chassis? Who really knows but guys on the inside. Only what is clear to all, that whatever they learned in February, and lunched countermeasures, that effort is on hold until people return to work.

On the other hand, I have feeling that Brawn has placed a plan in motion which will exclude some teams from racing for a while. You figure out if Ferrari is IN or OUT. Rumor has it that F1 management are considering only 12 cars on the track.  

EU is on lockdown, life came to standstill. Any racing around here seems just fantasy right now. 

Mandatory freeze on use of wind-tunnel for all teams until 2021 (next generation of cars).

This must be probably because faulty design, sick car and imperfection is beautiful these days in eyes of regulators. When I was young, it was the other way around.