Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

FiA Regulations - ref.

FiA / Liberty

Technical

F1, the FIA and all 10 teams have unanimously agreed to delay the introduction of the 2021 technical regulations by a year to 2022…

Financial

“The introduction and implementation of the financial regulations will go ahead as planned in 2021, and discussions remain ongoing between the FIA, Formula 1 and all teams regarding further ways to make significant cost savings.

2 hours ago, Sakae said:

FiA / Liberty

Technical

Financial

Some good thought processes i feel... some space to breath, recoup from this ongoing mess. Its good we'll see these latest cars for at least 2 years, with all the downforce gained.

On the other hand..

Doubt about SIGNIFICANT cost saving, teams will just find another loophole. Am I in favour of capped cost budget. No. Teams need to explore their limits, it's beneficial in some ways... Up to the smaller teams to attract donors/sponsorship, or their governtment funding them... or something. a Waste of Resources I feel

1 minute ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Some good thought processes i feel... some space to breath, recoup from this ongoing mess. Its good we'll see these latest cars for at least 2 years, with all the downforce gained.

On the other hand..

Doubt about SIGNIFICANT cost saving, teams will just find another loophole. Am I in favour of capped cost budget. No. Teams need to explore their limits, it's beneficial in some ways... Up to the smaller teams to attract donors/sponsorship, or their governtment funding them... or something. a Waste of Resources I feel

Absolutely. False flag economy, that's how I think about it. I do recall late Sergio admitting once, and he was someone who had all factual data, that all that hoopla over "saving" changes imposed upon teams, in his case Ferrari, did not save them a single €, yet I think quality of racing degraded because of those regulatory restrictions.

McLaren is almost certainly in minor challenge. They need different chassis due to changes in interfacing with Mercedes engine next year. For now, as we know, they mount Renault. There is however talk that teams are suppose to carry over current chassis for one more year.

26 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Absolutely. False flag economy, that's how I think about it. I do recall late Sergio admitting once, and he was someone who had all factual data, that all that hoopla over "saving" changes imposed upon teams, in his case Ferrari, did not save them a single €, yet I think quality of racing degraded because of those regulatory restrictions.

McLaren is almost certainly in minor challenge. They need different chassis due to changes in interfacing with Mercedes engine next year. For now, as we know, they mount Renault. There is however talk that teams are suppose to carry over current chassis for one more year.

Will Ferrari be able to develop their engines further and fix them flaws? If there is btw

6 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Will Ferrari be able to develop their engines further and fix them flaws?

The teams must shut down factories until end of April, if I am not mistaken. Problem for rest of us is, that we do not know where the Ferrari is today. I was hoping to learn more in Melbourne.

Sandbagging? Are they slow because of problems with PU, or do they have problems with chassis? Who really knows but guys on the inside. Only what is clear to all, that whatever they learned in February, and lunched countermeasures, that effort is on hold until people return to work.

On the other hand, I have feeling that Brawn has placed a plan in motion which will exclude some teams from racing for a while. You figure out if Ferrari is IN or OUT. Rumor has it that F1 management are considering only 12 cars on the track.  

EU is on lockdown, life came to standstill. Any racing around here seems just fantasy right now. 

Mandatory freeze on use of wind-tunnel for all teams until 2021 (next generation of cars).

This must be probably because faulty design, sick car and imperfection is beautiful these days in eyes of regulators. When I was young, it was the other way around.

2020 / 04 / 01   4:57 (UTC)

CHANGES (noted)

WMSC approved the decision to allow the FIA and F1 to change the calendar without a vote among teams. This will allow for a streamlined process to reshuffle the calendar when it becomes appropriate to go racing again.

F1, the FIA and all 10 teams unanimously agreed to delay the introduction of the 2021 regulations by a year to 2022. The WMSC has now rubber stamped the move, allowing the relevant regulations to be adjusted.

he WMSC also approved a series of other changes, including the addition of Article 1.3 to the Sporting Regulations, which means the governing body can now change certain articles with 60% support of the teams – rather then requiring unanimity.

In my dreams I am watching a self governing racing series. Then I wake up, and face real world of endless manipulation.

2020 / 04 / 03   11:01 (UTC) - F1 ECONOMICS

You lend them a finger, and they want your whole hand.

F1 teams meet Monday: Small teams want even lower budget cap

All in all, the coronavirus has quite an impact on the future of Formula 1. How will the teams come out of this crisis and what will the future look like? With a lower budget cap and more parts that remain the same, we can in any case expect that the field will only come closer together in the future.

IMHO there is a lot of shortsighted "wisdom" in this babble. Yes, I do consider it a "babble". Standard parts = standard series! Killing WCC = killing series. People forgetting that getting cars together is technical solutions dependent, and not how many parts are standard. This is not F1, but IRL. In how many sports someone can participate without having money to support such habit? Well F1 is trying to play Robin Hood.

I would really like automakers leave, and form their own series, without FiA, without Liberty, and without constantly whining teams we see in here. F1 used to be attractive because of its excesses. Once you choke it to zombie state as they seems attempting to do now, it's over.

GP racing was attractive because of its exceptionalism. You water it down, and what is left? Oh, one of those..? To those who are surprised that viewership is in decline I say, think harder. You may discover correlation that will surprise you.

2020 / 04 / 03   17:23 (UTC)

RESTRAINED DEVELOPMENTS (again, and like in 2014 with poor PU, Ferrari is most likely in the corner stuck with past mistakes affecting PU, chassis, and aero)

GPTechnical

Ferrari sacrifices its position in favour of Formula 1

This is hard to swallow for me. I am not following logic of this game FiA and Liberty are playing. Send a crippled team to race makes sense to them?

I am curious what's going on in Vettel's head as he is learning what he would have to drive next 2 years, should he sign up for new contractual round.

6 hours ago, Sakae said:

2020 / 04 / 03   17:23 (UTC)

RESTRAINED DEVELOPMENTS (again, and like in 2014 with poor PU, Ferrari is most likely in the corner stuck with past mistakes affecting PU, chassis, and aero)

GPTechnical

Ferrari sacrifices its position in favour of Formula 1

This is hard to swallow for me. I am not following logic of this game FiA and Liberty are playing. Send a crippled team to race makes sense to them?

I am curious what's going on in Vettel's head as he is learning what he would have to drive next 2 years, should he sign up for new contractual round.

Yes, but why agree to it? Delay the process -------> work the car problem-------> fix it-------> agree. I read somewhere that ALL teams have to agree on deals. If so, be the rotten apple

Hope I don't sound disrecpectfull to the covid-19 outbreak with it's human loss..

6 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Yes, but why agree to it? Delay the process -------> work the car problem-------> fix it-------> agree. I read somewhere that ALL teams have to agree on deals. If so, be the rotten apple

Hope I don't sound disrecpectfull to the covid-19 outbreak with it's human loss..

2020 / 04 / 04   4:52 (UTC)

That's the problem these days, especially with digital media. We do not know anymore what is factual, what is rumor, and what is plainly a false flag. (Its hard to do fast facts check.)

I am re-quoting:

The WMSC also approved a series of other changes, including the addition of Article 1.3 to the Sporting Regulations, which means the governing body can now change certain articles with 60% support of the teams – rather then requiring unanimity.

I am not sure if my interpretation is correct one what's going on in shades and away from light, but it doesn't matter to the teams (well some of them) what Ferrari thinks or wants. Ruling potentially makes Ferrari impotent.

In plain language, we could use confirmation of what we are reading, and Ferrari had asked for it too, because on face of it, they would otherwise have to field a car we saw this year in Spain, and that one, frankly speaking, didn't look too good.

2 hours ago, Sakae said:

2020 / 04 / 04   4:52 (UTC)

That's the problem these days, especially with digital media. We do not know anymore what is factual, what is rumor, and what is plainly a false flag. (Its hard to do fast facts check.)

I am re-quoting:

I am not sure if my interpretation is correct one what's going on in shades and away from light, but it doesn't matter to the teams (well some of them) what Ferrari thinks or wants. Ruling potentially makes Ferrari impotent.

In plain language, we could use confirmation of what we are reading, and Ferrari had asked for it too, because on face of it, they would otherwise have to field a car we saw this year in Spain, and that one, frankly speaking, didn't look too good.

That's just sad

Just now, BradSpeedMan said:

That's just sad

Brad, you seems to be really mild mannered man. I am more on side with a word like "infuriating" in lieu of "sad".  I've by-passed sad state very long time ago.

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Brad, you seems to be really mild mannered man. I am more on side with a word like "infuriating" in lieu of "sad".  I've by-passed sad state very long time ago.

Out of our hands Sakae, We are just spectators in this game of politics...

1 hour ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Out of our hands Sakae, We are just spectators in this game of politics...

F1 was suppose to serve - at least for me - as pleasant diversion from grind of everyday life. It has lost its main purpose long time ago. Now I watch more from slowing momentum than anything else. After so many years its hard to shake old habits, but there is no love anymore. Its like some old and stale marriages. On the other hand, what is a man without romantic outlook on life in general?

Sakae
Mandatory freeze on use of wind-tunnel for all teams until 2021 (next generation of cars).

>This would NOT work - Have little effect

Not ALL teams HAVE win tunnels.
Air fields R often an alternative

This can also NOT B policed

1 minute ago, lipstick79 said:

Sakae

>This would NOT work - Have little effect

Not ALL teams HAVE win tunnels.
Air fields R often an alternative

Correct people to address this is Brawn and FiA. They are making up such rules. i am just a spectator on sidelines. 

30 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Correct people to address this is Brawn and FiA. They are making up such rules. i am just a spectator on sidelines. 

I`m just sayin Y UR suggestion WOULD fall down.  Brawn and FiA NOT made any suggestions yet ANYWAY.

27 minutes ago, lipstick79 said:

I`m just sayin Y UR suggestion WOULD fall down.  Brawn and FiA NOT made any suggestions yet ANYWAY.

What are you talking about? This is not my suggestion in the first place. In second place, I think on official F1 website, this directive is already in place. I have no time to look for it, but you can perhaps do this on your own. I forgot where I read it.

For the record, I hate about 99.99 restrictions in place. Just so you know. If it would be up to me, I let engineers fly high, and kick all beancounters out. 

2020.04.07   7:33 (UTC) New (Concorde) Agreement

Has anyone correct understanding what's state of negotiations with the teams? About a year ago, early actually, there was a lot of strong (dictatorial) tones issued from certain quarters with wind blowing towards teams, with one UK team manager decided that it has to be done in next two months! Well, a year and something later, is it done? What happened? COVID-19 pandemic is relatively recent phenomenon.

I am actually not sure, but from various media outlets I have acquired understanding, that several top teams could still pull out, which means, they are undecided. Renault was reported as wanting to continue, but now situation has changed, and I didn't hear where they are on this subject.

McLaren'n Brown was quoted just a few days ago that perhaps 4 teams could fall off, presumably for financial reasons; add to it automaker's view on global economy in shambles, and totality of picture which is emerging from clouds seems a challenge to be managed to everyone's satisfaction. It is not an easy situation the sport is in by any measure.

• Technical rules TB ratified.
  • Financial Agreement - not finalized (?)

New Agreement with teams - I think is also not finalized. Will each team has their own contract, or one template will be used for all teams? 

2020.04.07   17:07 (UTC)  -  Noted

Summer shut down has been extended by another 2 weeks. 

From 21 to 35 days :  in March, April and May.

Date 2020.04.17   Time 18:59 (UTC)

MAKING OF A NEW CAR

GP247:

(Horner wanting to push changes into 2023:) That’s why I have a slight problem in introducing a complete overhaul of the car for 2022. There’s not a single component that is a carryover from 2021 into 2022.

Fascinating. Good to know how to "save" money.