Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lipstick79

Alonso F1 return

Alonso HAS the possibility of bettering Schumachers records IF Alonso RETURNS to F1.
Alonso has NOT thought his F1 exist through.
OK Alonso would probably NOT win more WDC`s than Schumacher but.
He could do somethin that Schumacher could NOT, which WOULD B BETTER.
At this time Alonso HOLDS the record for, the youngest driver ... cant remember what for but,
it IS on record that Alonso is the youngest driver to achieve it.
Anyway Schumacher left F1 and returned, starting the Mercedes revolution.
Until experiencing his injury.  Now IF Alonso returns, that WOULD B something 2 better Schumachers records with.
IF Alonso returns, he could achieve a record of his own - whatever that record is ???
If Alonso did successfully gain a record, he would B able to have a record for,
the youngest driver to ... and a record for the oldest driver to ... BOTH at the SAME time.

2020 / 03 / 30   11:53 (UTC)

@lipstick79 - Alonso

Which team would welcome Alonso back? RBR, McLaren, Mercedes and Ferrari are all on record that they have no seat for him. Renault probably the same. Since you started this thread, maybe you have some idea what the plans are. I am under impression that Alonso and F1 are together just as historical records only and nothing more. 

3 hours ago, Sakae said:

Since you started this thread, maybe you have some idea what the plans are.

I started this thread, not because I have some idea of plans.  Just 2 get other peoples thoughts, 2 discuss basically.
Though I have identified sufficient reasoning for his return - 2 B in the record books again, and possibly do somethin that even Schumacher could NOT do.
Make a successful return - that WOULD make HIM the better driver.    

How about a competitive Aston Martin (now Racing Point) in 2022...

That team is punching way above its weight since Force India days. The team is great, maybe with more money they can get a a few sparkling engineers from Merc Ferrari and Redbull. Who needs a (CURRENT) Top team when under fair regulations everyone has a good chance to win. Given more resources they can produce a good car...

Maybe so. I cannot read that team, but one doesn't need much brainpower to assume, that papa Stroll didn't purchased that team for Alonso. His son wants podiums as they all do. Alonso is not the easiest teammate to live with (say his ex teammates). I do agree however with assessment that technically team seems higher up above some other teams. 

I don’t think Alonso is coming back. He is getting too old to join a team that is going to need several years to get competitive. Therefore his only real option is Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull. Each of them already have their top driver in place (assuming Hamilton re-signs with Mercedes). There is really no spot for him on these teams. 

So....I think he is out of F1 forever, unless he is drafted during the season to replace an ill or injured driver.

9 minutes ago, Ruslan said:

I don’t think Alonso is coming back. He is getting too old to join a team that is going to need several years to get competitive. Therefore his only real option is Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull. Each of them already have their top driver in place (assuming Hamilton re-signs with Mercedes). There is really no spot for him on these teams. 

So....I think he is out of F1 forever, unless he is drafted during the season to replace an ill or injured driver.

I tend to agree with you. None of top three teams really want him for one reason or another. Hamilton some time ago stated that he was not keen to partner Alonso again, RBR has Verstappen and they do not want two Alpha drivers, and the same at Ferrari, despite that some Italian media called for his rehiring. That is not going to however happen, IMO, now when Leclerc is there.

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

RBR has Verstappen and they do not want two Alpha drivers, and the same at Ferrari, 

>Nothin 2 do with his gp2 engine comments about Honda then ? !  
The Renault family is probably his only realistic opportunity for a F1 comeback, though that said.
Y would Alonso even want an F1 comeback ?  It is just media speculation to SELL copies.
Alonso HAS already made the comeback to no avail.
What MORE can Alonso achieve IN F1 - ALREADY a multi WDC.
He is IN pursuit of BIGGER things that would B of greater significance.
Motorsports Triple crown, and ANOTHER place in World History 

Date 2020.05.09   Time 3:27 (UTC)

It's plausible (such was loud rumor among those in a position to know) that Honda was quite upset with Alonso over his rhetoric, justified or not, however stated reason by Horner was that two Alpha drivers in one team is just headache and it doesn't works well. Historically I can recall only Senna and Prost together which was probably most famous struggle in whole F1 history, and I would not be surprised if there were other examples should one look closer under the hood. Mansell purportedly was another difficult case.