Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Event 10 France

GP247

The 2020 French Grand Prix is set to become the next casualty of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, with restrictions on public gatherings in the country extended past the race’s scheduled date of June 28.

Despite hope to the contrary, the race’s fate has essentially been decided by French President Emmanuel Macron’s announcement on Monday that restrictions on public events will be extended to mid-July.

One more postponement. There is not much to add what wasn't said already. Part of medical establishment is predicting that contamination spread will flare again later this year. Under those circumstances I am having serious difficulties to imagine how Brawn for Liberty will jam 15 races into something and call it a season.

Date 2020.04.16   Time 15:14 (UTC)

GP247

As things stand, the 2020 season is set to get underway at the French Grand Prix in Le Castellet on June 28.

Well, if you say so...

In contrast, Chancellor Merkel: source DW

• The ongoing rule that individuals may only meet with one person outside their household remains in place, as well as the rule about keeping a minimum of 1.5 meters (5 feet) away from others.
  • Large events, such as sports and concerts, will remain banned until August 31.

This is Probably Accurate.
Rememberin that Europe IS warmer in the summer period (June/July/Aug) .
NOT perfect condition's for virus`.  Unlike the cold, clammy winter months Oct/Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb.

Date 2020.04.16   Time 15:30 (UTC)

A season is not made of one race in France only; a country with one of the most contaminated places with Corona in whole Europe. 

• Where are the other 7 or more races going to be; number that is needed to be counted as a season?
  • Behind closed gate stuff has to be handled and get in. Inside will be about 1000 people to service the Event. Should we understand that F1 guarantees nobody gets contaminated, or Liberty is actually adopting US most recent ideas that some old people can die, as long as economy (err Market, you know, Wall Street) "prospers" (gambling goes on)? You know, all for children's future, we dump old folks off the cliff.

No kidding.

47 minutes ago, Sakae said:

A season is not made of one race in France only; a country with one of the most contaminated places with Corona in whole Europe.

Silverstgone WILL B added 2 France - that IS (at LEAST) 2 races.
UK Needs the LOST income.  BoJo WILL PUSH 4 this - it WILL increase his governments popularity - BUY votes
Quick thought, can countries stage MORE than 1 race - at multi venues ?

Do you realize that they all, including you, are talking mostly about money. My concerns are however asymmetrically different ones. My priorities are different ones, and to stay civil, let's say, I am really not that much interested what UK right now needs, wishes, or does. I really do not need to see some fake races as tradeoff for Vettel to get sick, while having 3 small toddlers at home. 

Post Brexit Europe is focusing on incremental, safe and strategically sensible post-lockdown exit, to get economy again going. F1 is not exactly on a list "must to do things". At the end, some like 35 teams in, whereas I've always maintained that financially solvent 6 really competitive teams is my preferred choice over mess we have right now. That constant whining and bickering is just too much to bear.