Clicky

Sakae

Events 1 (Initially 11) + 1 in Austria

GP247

RED BULL: THE RACE WILL COME DOWN TO STRATEGY AND PACE

Now that's wisdom...brilliant idea by RB.

2 hours ago, Sakae said:

Date 2020.07.11   Time 16:57 (UTC)

Ferrari. Unbelievable. Italian media might have difficulty to swallow today's qualifying results as a sign of good things to come. 

LMAO

They're going to have a difficult time ahead, it's not just the chassis, it's the whole aero package. That's why they can't make their tyres work. Not to talk about the engine, they had lots of downforce but no engine power for speed. Won't be a quick fix

Ferrari - as admitted by Binotto - have no plans this year to work on their engine. No tokens left.

And that was that for a red team. I wonder if Mattia sleeps well at all these days. 

Otherwise - boring is a word I was looking for.

How Brundle can without hesitation declare to viewers around the globe that "both Ferrari's are fighting for the same piece of real estate", trying desperately to dilute individual responsibilities into a racing accident. The other one on the mike, talking about LeClerk giving Vettel slight side-nudge... (which ended with DNF).

Really repulsive.

On 7/11/2020 at 7:39 PM, Sakae said:

Now that's wisdom...brilliant idea by RB.

Even BETTER wisdom WOULD B 2 NOT crash in2 UR team mate, endin BOTH races

It didn't take long, and articles are begging to appear spreading blame for crush. Vettel is not totally innocent, declared Irvine.  Ferrari should pay Vettel not to race, he added. According to this talking head, Vettel suckered (poor) Leclerc into a gap leading him to believe, that's open to him, only to close it and boom!

Its pity that Irvine will not explain how Vettel, being blocked on the left with cars, and approaching right-hander while heading for apex, rapidly closing gap, yet he was suppose to keep door open (that is car-width) to his teammate? 

I think the love for a new guy, and hate for the German makes some people lose sound judgement. Vettel should have perhaps just disappear from the track, Irvine is suggesting. 

I am lost what's going on. Today I would say COVID-19 bears chunk of responsibility for that kind of talk, but stupidity was with us for years, that's not new. It's hard to place blame on this particular virus.

There was space available between Vettle's Car and the apex, yes, but was it a valid overtaking opportunity, NO. The difference is in a drivers judgment, and this was a clear miss in Leclercs judgment. He probably didn't consider the cars that Vettle was surrounded by on his left and front, and that vettle too would need some free space on the steep narrow right ..

As the lady interviewing Leclerc rightly said, the move was too optimistic.   Ayrton-esq actually. If Ayrton saw that there was a space available, as a racing drive, he considered that he had the universal right to try an overtaking maneuver, regardless of whether it was a valid opportunity or at times a silly negligence out of overconfidence...

Unlike Ayrton, who stuck to his guns on a couple of occasions defending his moves, Leclerc almost immediately realized his mistake and apologized to Vettle and the whole team...

Considering topology of the incident, LeClerc's move was not "too optimistic". It was comprehensive error of judgement teaching LeClerc that you cannot shove oversized square peg into a round hole, especially in 3rd turn on the first lap. To think that we have to fill every available square of tarmac is far too much misquoted IMO. AS allegedly said something to that effect, but he didn't say, it has to be a stupid, and self-defeating move.

Some time back it was Verstappen who made similar banzai move riding curbs on the inside and cutting on collision vector with cars turning right. Almost identical replica of last weekend. He managed to scare daylight out of Vettel who was on the inside track-line, and who in order to avoid Vercrusher moved to his left, and predictably making contact in the process. Vettel received penalty for causing collision (I think some demerit points), he was ridiculed on the F1 mike and later on the internet, while Verstappen was praised for his boyish GO-GO attitude.

I think F1's love for young bucks who interject some life into otherwise almost dead environment is very much praised and cherished. Occasionally however I think they do over do it, and then very expensive cars are very much ready for scrapyard.