Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ruslan

Silly Season 2021

1 hour ago, Ruslan said:

And some comments:

Last season, Vettel ignored team orders, even though he benefitted in at least two races from team orders, got demotivated for several races in the middle of the season after the conflict with Hamilton at Canada, and then crashed into his teammate on a straight-away in the last race of the season. Are they really going to hire this guy to race beside Hamilton, who he has deliberately ran into before? The guy is s##t to work with, why would they hire them? Expensive, moody, difficult, fights with teammates, and unreliable. At some point, these guys are employees, and an employer needs to take into account their past behavior.

You forgot lazy, however this is not Vettel I know. There is law of cause & effect which is often ignored; not everyone could be bothered.

Ricciardo/Norris/Zak Brown: What a great group of people/drivers. 

Ok, I give up. How much did you get to write this?

3 hours ago, Sakae said:

Ok, I give up. How much did you get to write this?

It is a great combination, Zak Brown’s calm level-headed management and two plucky and fun drivers. Ricciardo is a very good driver and quite the personality, and Norris appears to be the same. By the second half of the season, Norris was looking as strong as Sainz. I love his attitude. I think it will be a fun team, which we have not had in a while. I am guessing they will be allowed to race.

Don’t know what your issues are with these three guys.

7 hours ago, Ruslan said:

It is a great combination, Zak Brown’s calm level-headed management and two plucky and fun drivers. Ricciardo is a very good driver and quite the personality, and Norris appears to be the same. By the second half of the season, Norris was looking as strong as Sainz. I love his attitude. I think it will be a fun team, which we have not had in a while. I am guessing they will be allowed to race.

Don’t know what your issues are with these three guys.

I feel about current boss as you have about the former. Regarding Norris - I was busy looking at something else, and he has never ignited any interest on my part, but I have nothing against him. DR, episode with Vettel notwithstanding, he talks to much for my taste, and generally I can't stand the guy. The manner he has exited from Renault merely confirms it (and not first time). I feel sort of sorry for Andreas, a man who means nothing to you, yet who might prove to be the only genuine hope for that place, which Honda talked about with raised eyebrows, and which Éric Boullier described as a place full of bloated egos, full of unjustified, long and meaningless titles, sclerotic and inflexible.

Excessive reliance on the glorious past might be nothing but distraction from preponderance of issues in new age. At one point (3 or 4 years ago?) they came up with 5-year plan to return to glory. Really? This is a plan one would expect from a totally new, small budget entrant, but not from a team which is in this business for decades. When Honda left, PU was clearly shown not the only problem for all to see, and you ask what's wrong? Why do you think Alonso is not there anymore? They had Mercedes some time ago, did not shine much, blaming always somebody else, and I seriously doubt, that anything will change next year. 

In any shape or form it's not my bundle of joy, yet I understand that fans are finicky, and not everyone likes all teams. This is F1 after all.

From sublimed to wake up in fantasy world.

Vettel already talked to Wolff at the end of 2019 about a transfer'

GP Blog is not a place I would like to get my dose of news every day, but I couldn't let this one go. It's simply too juicy low hanging friuit. I am not sure from where those people are getting details of these intimate conversations, but is it plausible Seb did speak with Wolff? Yeah, sure, he might have, but who else was a fly on the wall to hear what was said between those two?

On the other hand, why German money paying price for keeping people in UK working, should hire a German driver, when they can have two British drivers, right? (Hamilton / Russell as voices are now being heard). I don't watch English TV anymore, however recently I have seen couple of shows, and I am yet to see a one "good guy", who would drive a Mercedes. They all drive American, financially resting (new nice way to talk about people in trouble???) Ashton Martin, or Japanese cars like Lexus. Scumbag in those shows, on the other hand, sure enough, he was in Mercedes alright. Experts in cognitive science could explain significance of it. 

In my private thoughts I say its time perhaps for Mercedes to review their marketing strategies.

3 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Vettel is going to Mercedes. How do I know...

When Wolff denies something...  It's usually true

Maybe you have a different information Brad than I have, but what I gather from bits and pieces on the internet, Wolff has merely confirmed, that Vettel's situations is something Mercedes wants to look at. I didn't read anywhere about denial or confirmation that Vettel is in or out. He didn't denied that Vettel's very public divorce came to him (and he wasn't alone) as a surprise. Torger Wolff needs contract himself as well, and should he leave, without him I would not recommend Seb to go there in hope to forge a new relationship from scratch.

ESPN:

Mercedes is not planning to take a decision on its driver line-up until the summer at the earliest. As things stand, the team's two drivers are out of contract at the end of the year

...and so is Torger, if my info is correct.

3 hours ago, Sakae said:

Maybe you have a different information Brad than I have, but what I gather from bits and pieces on the internet, Wolff has merely confirmed, that Vettel's situations is something Mercedes wants to look at. I didn't read anywhere about denial or confirmation that Vettel is in or out. He didn't denied that Vettel's very public divorce came to him (and he wasn't alone) as a surprise. Torger Wolff needs contract himself as well, and should he leave, without him I would not recommend Seb to go there in hope to forge a new relationship from scratch.

ESPN:

...and so is Torger, if my info is correct.

Its not information.. Its a guess.. LOL

Yeah well :D

I don't want to go there, and acquire false hopes, and then go over the cliff again. One kick into my ribs is enough for one season. Renault is planning to make their announcement by late summer (said Cyril) -  so I asume August / September. For some reason he expects dominos to reshuffle one more time. 

Schumacher

Should Seb retire, is this answer to my dilemma what I will do next? Maybe here is the answer - Mick. I am not crazy about that name, but Schumacher name resonates well with me in my domain. Big fan of his father through his career, through thick and thin. But, I am not in hurry. I have nagging feeling what is Brown doing at the moment can actually chase me away for good. (I don't think I am alone.)  

On 14.05.2020 at 7:54 PM, Ruslan said:

Hamilton probably knows exactly what is going on with Mercedes. So, I assume he will be back next year. The only person who may be leaving is Toto Wolff.

:thumb:

On 6/4/2020 at 11:11 AM, IsabelleP said:

:thumb:

Thanks. It does seem that Wolff is up to something. He is part owner of the Mercedes team, part owner of Aston Martin and apparently just optioned some Shares with Williams, So maybe looking to buy himself a management slot elsewhere or even buy himself a team. The new Wolff team?

Anyhow, welcome to the forum IsabelleP.

On 14/5/2020 at 6:53 PM, Ruslan said:

3. Vettel to Mercedes: Why would they do this? Last season, Vettel ignored team orders, even though he benefitted in at least two races from team orders, got demotivated for several races in the middle of the season after the conflict with Hamilton at Canada, and then crashed into his teammate on a straight-away in the last race of the season. Are they really going to hire this guy to race beside Hamilton, who he has deliberately ran into before? The guy is s##t to work with, why would they hire them? Expensive, moody, difficult, fights with teammates, and unreliable. At some point, these guys are employees, and an employer needs to take into account their past behavior.

Cant believe I missed this

Really Rus. Wud u like me to point out the "indescretions" that ure fav driver has committed, which is 10x worse than what Vettel did?

5 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Cant believe I missed this

Really Rus. Wud u like me to point out the "indescretions" that ure fav driver has committed, which is 10x worse than what Vettel did?

Date 2020.06.06   Time 8:38 (UTC)

Ruslan is generally reasonable man, and good to read, however on subject of budget I think he is totally wrong on any scale of acceptance, and regarding Vettel, it seems that he has aligned himself with so many groups one can find these days on various forums, which are without any sense of proportion or equivalency. I didn't feel it was useful or necessary to respond to such slanderous account when I read it. It is however his opinion, and so be it. I have a different one. (Guns remain in a holster.)

Any comparison to Hamilton is not welcomed, when what they want is just to critique Vettel. 

Date 2020.07.16   Time 5:08 (UTC)

Thomas Maher (credible source):

Perez’s manager working on finding alternative seat for 2021

This could mean only one thing, so it might be, that rumors aren't that far off the mark. Steiner's phone is probably hot right now. I am not sure about future of current Haas's boys. Just a statement we read the other day that Haas was ready to take Vettel on board was pretty much bad news for those two drivers. I think it's terrible way to hurt human pride, but that's how we live these days.

Date 2020.07.16   Time 17:48 (UTC)

Vettel confirmed talks, but there is no agreement (yet).

Date 2020.07.20   Time 10:05 (UTC)

F1 could be very unpredictable. Vettel is the latest case. Having nothing in hand, media are pounding Team Principals for public commitment to their current drivers every time there is an opportunity, yet as far as one can read today's situation, it is not that certain that Vettel is out - maybe for good -  despite to all rhetorics.  RBR, AGM MB, and RP seems all open ends until we hear otherwise. I am not sure who would be dropped from RP, but Bottas, and Albon might not be as secured for next year as  I thought they were a week ago. Odds for RP are probably better than 50% in Vettel's favor, but the other two aren't zero either. Allison is working hard against hiring Vettel, but this is a German company this Englishman should not forget. 

I think Vettel would take RBR first, after that I am not sure. Maybe AGM would be his second choice.

Vettel going to RBR would be wonderful. He's a confidence driver, so having Horner/Newey/Marko and Mateschitz behing him would be pretty awesome to see. Provided the car isn't some weird a## configuration like Alonso loves, he'll be fine. Even if he ends up being beaten by Vers, as long as the car handles okay, I think he'll experience something he hasn't in quite some time.... FUN!

Vettel to RP would be cool too. Looking forward to how their branding and colours are next year. I just hope it's not Lotus green. That colour just doesn't work for F1.

Date 2020.07.21   Time 7:44 (UTC)

Perez about Vettel: "It's clear who has to leave"

Perez has every right to ask some questions, however I am not convinced that he is out from his current job. Vettel according to some reports is asking questions on his own, and based on his comments to Brundle, sounds like he has his own doubts that RP is ready for the big show. He wants to be a part of a top team, and right now there are only two of those. Will this end up for him with its "all or nothing"? I do stubbornly maintain my position as an iconoclast regarding current F1 regulatory system, and my sinking feeling is, that it may not matter which team Seb will drive for, if for any. TPTB undoubtedly will surprise us (fans), because once they started to do whatever they like, I don't see end of it; which is why MB (Torger) is probably angry with Ferrari's acquiescence to some clauses in the new CA. 

2 hours ago, Sakae said:

He wants to be a part of a top team, and right now there are only two of those. 

Correction... Right Now, there is only One team that is there at the top. Rest are busy picking up any pieces that they can lay their hand over... 

Given the direction wind is flowing in, I have a good reason to believe Vettle to AM is now just a formality. 

Date 2020.07.29   Time 9:13 (UTC)
Leo, "If I don't like the way the times are moving, I shall refuse to accompany them.”

In the latest headline - looks like door for Seb with MB are now definitely closed. I cannot help it, but unless RB takes him despite all denials, I would suggest Seb retires from F1, enters university studies he wanted, and end it. I have real difficulty to find any positives with (future) AM. Just smoke and mirrors. However, that's not my decision, and I will stay with him whatever he decides to do.

3 hours ago, Sakae said:

Date 2020.07.29   Time 9:13 (UTC)
Leo, "If I don't like the way the times are moving, I shall refuse to accompany them.”

In the latest headline - looks like door for Seb with MB are now definitely closed. I cannot help it, but unless RB takes him despite all denials, I would suggest Seb retires from F1, enters university studies he wanted, and end it. I have real difficulty to find any positives with (future) AM. Just smoke and mirrors. However, that's not my decision, and I will stay with him whatever he decides to do.

I still wish to see him in F1, but if that's what he decides.. so be it

11 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

I still wish to see him in F1, but if that's what he decides.. so be it

Right. The point is, is he going to be happy with just participate, or he wants to make difference in the front. At the moment only two teams are up to it. What will happen in 2022 is anyone's guess. 

German source is quoting German medical establishment - any genuine vaccine available not sooner than by mid 2021. For prestige reasons and claims of "most clever nation", there are many, hard to justify, rush to judgement and unproven statements already on the market.

How this situation will influence F1 is hard to imagine at the moment.

Date 2020.08.28   Time 6:22 (UTC)

planet f1 headline:

Grosjean out, Hulk in at Haas in 2021

Well, another maybe.

Some planets are really experts on gossip, and often little less experts on facts. No harm done. In this age of enlightenment, who cares about facts anyway? 

In other news Perez is a candidate for the job with Haas (should something happen...).

Date 2020.08.28   Time 9:29 (UTC)

I've not keep up with historical data, but my sense is, that month of September is time when names will be confirmed, and contracts signed. Fact however is, I am not sure what is holding up all of this right now. Jammed schedule? Maybe so, but not all people are racing, and a lot of time was available in first half of the year for formulation of team's plans. I can understand why Haas may be delaying their decision, but the others are less clear. Maybe Wolff is the one others are waiting for, or it could RP. Once that is done and sealed, others will know what to do.