Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ruslan

Silly Season 2021

2 hours ago, KoolMonkey said:

Can't be the times set in FP either lol

As he said, it is what it is, and he has to deal with it.

Date 2020.09.04   Time 7:46 (UTC)

planetf1:

Vettel in an interview talking about his future: that's today (Sep 4)

As for his own future, Vettel said it is a case of status quo at the moment. “I have no news,” he said.

He also said that he has no plans to join a team which has no plans to win.

His choice of next destination is not as obvious as some may think it is. I am still not sure what's going on in the background regarding his future. Obviously he is waiting for a decision, so it is not him who is delaying announcement, and we are continuing guessing. Moreover, he has not yet decided to retire. That's what that silence implies. (I think he would tell us had he made his mind).

For me RP as a team of his (only available?) choice for for him is perhaps not a such good news as many think. Assuming they are even thinking to slot him in.

I think the team may occasionally play a race spoiler at the front, but as a consistent member of podium-club? I am not yet convinced they will. They had not shown they are capable of it on regular basis. Only three teams are systematically knocking on that door and I have no reason to believe that will change any time soon. OK, Ferrari felt ill, but that's not permanent condition.  As much as i would like see Seb racing with a legitimate contender, however unless there is surprise announcement by a front team, that retirement might be perhaps a wiser choice for him over RP.      

8 hours ago, Sakae said:

Date 2020.09.04   Time 7:46 (UTC)

planetf1:

Vettel in an interview talking about his future: that's today (Sep 4)

He also said that he has no plans to join a team which has no plans to win.

His choice of next destination is not as obvious as some may think it is. I am still not sure what's going on in the background regarding his future. Obviously he is waiting for a decision, so it is not him who is delaying announcement, and we are continuing guessing. Moreover, he has not yet decided to retire. That's what that silence implies. (I think he would tell us had he made his mind).

For me RP as a team of his (only available?) choice for for him is perhaps not a such good news as many think. Assuming they are even thinking to slot him in.

I think the team may occasionally play a race spoiler at the front, but as a consistent member of podium-club? I am not yet convinced they will. They had not shown they are capable of it on regular basis. Only three teams are systematically knocking on that door and I have no reason to believe that will change any time soon. OK, Ferrari felt ill, but that's not permanent condition.  As much as i would like see Seb racing with a legitimate contender, however unless there is surprise announcement by a front team, that retirement might be perhaps a wiser choice for him over RP.      

+1

Well crafted post 👌

I say to Hell with contractual obligations and legal correctness. Put this guy in a Mercedes TODAY! He deserves it, F1 Deserves it, and motsly the FANS Deserve it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

image.png.38a87584a7394ad15ee8845dac5980f2.png

We could say the same about Vettel and Alonso to be honest. I don't think many would disagree they would be doing a whole lot better than Bottas. But he's there to be the chump, who doesn't know he's the chump. The only person in the world who hasn't figured out what his role is, is Bottas himself. Massa and Rubens fell into that trap as well.

It seriously bums me out, that the last great strong driver pairing in a team was probably Vettel/Webber. But you might even have to go back as far as Kimi/Montoya perhaps. Hamilton/Alonso was good, but for the wrong reasons. And Button/Alonso and Button/Hamilton were tame years.

In this concocted sham of a F1 Championship, I will never give full respect for Hamilton and Mercedes. Whilst I acknowledge they have built some of the best cars that ever existed, the fact the other teams are hampered and cannot innovate, update or change things due to this token system is the reason why. It would be like sending Mike Tyson, even at age 50 into a ring with a toddler, and then Mike going on an undefeated tear, destroying all the kidlets. Yes he'll have the record, but it's phony. That's how I feel now about Hamilton and Mercedes.

When Lauda and Wolff would say to the other teams, work harder... what exactly are they allowed to do? What can any team do under this sham of a system.

I want the days of teams testing, innovating (like the Walrus from Williams). I want teams to take risks. We've had some great ones over the years, but all got banned. Double diffusers, f-ducts, you name it. Yet Mercs movable steering is "legal"? It doesn't make sense anymore.

I cling to the hope, that somehow I'll find some love and joy in watching F1 races, but it's just not there. Even the sound of these rolling vacuum cleaners is terrible.

Can anyone honestly tell me what there is to love about F1?

Alright mate send me your address, Ill send you some beer over..!!!

54 minutes ago, KoolMonkey said:

I don't think many would disagree they would be doing a whole lot better than Bottas. But he's there to be the chump, who doesn't know he's the chump. The only person in the world who hasn't figured out what his role is, is Bottas himself.

What if it is a double bluff, where Bottas is asked and expected to act smug to help keep the fans guessing? If my Memory serves well, its George Russell who once agreed that he picked up one trait from Hamilton - to protect his tyre's and to pretend on the radio that they were completely wasted, that way it would seem that he made more effort then needed.

In this concocted sham of a F1 Championship, I will never give full respect for Hamilton and Mercedes. Whilst I acknowledge they have built some of the best cars that ever existed, the fact the other teams are hampered and cannot innovate, update or change things due to this token system is the reason why. It would be like sending Mike Tyson, even at age 50 into a ring with a toddler, and then Mike going on an undefeated tear, destroying all the kidlets. Yes he'll have the record, but it's phony. That's how I feel now about Hamilton and Mercedes.

Absolutely agree on this.

Can anyone honestly tell me what there is to love about F1?

I'm confused my self TBH. I guess its just the charm of being called the 'pinnacle of motorsports' that keep us fans mesmerized with whatever the sport is throwing at us.  oz in all honesty, as a true motorsport, Japanese Super Formula deserves more respect then what it gets globally!

3 hours ago, blackpebel said:

I say to Hell with contractual obligations and legal correctness. Put this guy in a Mercedes TODAY! He deserves it, F1 Deserves it, and motsly the FANS Deserve it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

image.png.38a87584a7394ad15ee8845dac5980f2.png

Wish to see him there alongside Hamilton. Now that will be a feast to watch.... if only