Clicky

People say that he is washed up. Give me a break. Seb has won Ferrari many races the past three seasons. He only made mistakes chasing the dominant Mercedes car that was the best at every track. Without Seb's driving and development work Ferrari would still be in the same place as 2014. They would have the 4th best car and no trophies. Lets give the man some respect. 

The English speaking press are responsible for the hate he receives. They hate him because he is German. Why should Vettel pay for the mistakes that his countrymen made 70 years ago? It's not fair. He's a really good person and the best driver in the world.

Forza Seb

I swear it's not me re-booking under different alias. :lol:

2 hours ago, thetruth34 said:

People say that he is washed up. Give me a break. Seb has won Ferrari many races the past three seasons. He only made mistakes chasing the dominant Mercedes car that was the best at every track. Without Seb's driving and development work Ferrari would still be in the same place as 2014. They would have the 4th best car and no trophies. Lets give the man some respect. 

Forza Seb

Welcome @thetruth34. Regarding above, now we are two (maybe three) of us on this public bulletin, and thanks for hope there are still some good people alive. :D

I have said for years that you can't beat German efficiency and organisation.

Seb is still the most valuable player in the paddock. He is the best on and off track. 

Edited by thetruth34

IMHO

Andreas AAAA+

Brown F- 

Perhaps entering his university studies will be a good alternative?

Sebastian at Ferrari got exposed far too many changes in management, received non of support Hamilton received at Mercedes, and ultimately initial loyalties simply has taken face of indifference to this driver. With Sergio passing, he has lost last bit of any internal support left for him. Last two years were terrible, and the team has let him hanging dry and exposed to any dirty rumors in Italian and other media sources alike. Already last year it was clear who was a chosen boy. Seb has taken another hit (Monza and some other instances of questionable strategies).

Trashy tabloid F1 media is an unpleasant story. I share that sentiment.

13 hours ago, thetruth34 said:

The English speaking press are responsible for the hate he receives. They hate him because he is German. Why should Vettel pay for the mistakes that his countrymen made 70 years ago? It's not fair. He's a really good person and the best driver in the world.

Forza Seb

AMEN... and AMEN.. BrotherTruth....

What a delicous post.. 

Agree with every sentence you stated. Great minds think alike...

Welcome. Hope u stay and become part of our fam 

14 minutes ago, Sakae said:

IMHO

Andreas AAAA+

Brown F- 

Perhaps entering his university studies will be a good alternative?

Sebastian at Ferrari got exposed far too many changes in management, received non of support Hamilton received at Mercedes, and ultimately initial loyalties simply has taken face of indifference to this driver. With Sergio passing, he has lost last bit of any internal support left for him. Last two years were terrible, and the team has let him hanging dry and exposed to any dirty rumors in Italian and other media sources alike. Already last year it was clear who was a chosen boy. Seb has taken another hit (Monza and some other instances of questionable strategies).

Trashy tabloid F1 media is an unpleasant story. I share that sentiment.

Ferrari were also outplayed by their Merc adversaries regarding startegies, from the pitwall to team management. It brought more risk-taking and errors from the drivers. Not to mention having the audacity of Management to make a mockery of their team leader (a 4x world champ). All the while Lewis has won all these titles as undisputed nr 1

3 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Ferrari were also outplayed by their Merc adversaries regarding startegies, from the pitwall to team management. It brought more risk-taking and errors from the drivers. Not to mention having the audacity of Management to make a mockery of their team leader (a 4x world champ). All the while Lewis has won all these titles as undisputed nr 1

I don't see anything good awaiting for him at Maranello next year. He is off course in charge of his own destiny. I also think we should be hearing from them soon. Seb probably told them what's his bottom line, and Ferrari has to respond. They aren't without options.

Vettel did not win a trophy at Ferrari because Ferrari has been crappy for a decade. Even Alonso couldn't do it.

Vettel to Merc or McLaren

Hamilton to Ferrari

Edited by radical-one

Date 2020.05.04   Time 9:31 (UTC) Vettel to Mercedes?

I doubt it, and here is why.

Mercedes's financial aims (accumulated savings of 3 Bill. within next 3 years) might preclude continuation in F1 as a team, however the automaker might stay as the engine supplier to the teams. Building completely new car at new cost under new agreement as mandated by Liberty and FiA might be the deciding push for their departure. (I am just thinking loudly.)  

4 hours ago, Sakae said:

Date 2020.05.04   Time 9:31 (UTC) Vettel to Mercedes?

I doubt it, and here is why.

Mercedes's financial aims (accumulated savings of 3 Bill. within next 3 years) might preclude continuation in F1 as a team, however the automaker might stay as the engine supplier to the teams. Building completely new car at new cost under new agreement as mandated by Liberty and FiA might be the deciding push for their departure. (I am just thinking loudly.)  

Yes, the F1 voices are echoing your sentiments.. Mclaren always build a good chassis and car. If Merc continue making engines I dont see a problem if Vettel moves there...  They need a top driver to move them forward too.. so its a win win

48 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Yes, the F1 voices are echoing your sentiments.. Mclaren always build a good chassis and car. If Merc continue making engines I dont see a problem if Vettel moves there...  They need a top driver to move them forward too.. so its a win win

Brad, my friend, you forgot about the recent Honda years when you made that statement didn't you? Though to be fair I want to forget them myself  too ;)

I agree on Seb being a great driver and that Ferrari have made their choice about him, he is not their lead driver anynore, Leclerc is. If I was Seb I'd walk away and find another team or retire, I don't want him to retire but sliding backwards down the grid is never much fun once you've been a top driver is it? Besides, McLaren seem to be happy with Sainz and Norris, they are a good pairing who work well together so I'm not sure it would be a good fit for Seb :(

Oh and welcome thetruth34 :)

Seb doesn't care about teammate comparisons. He's not that arrogant. He only cares about developing the car to win championships. He was in development mode last season that's why he wasn't 30 seconds a race ahead of Leclerc every round. It was up to the Italian engineers to listen to him but they didn't.

In a fast championship winning car Seb is unbeatable. He will help McLaren turn things around. 

Setting aside contractual and other matters, this latest version of Ferrari was (purportedly) made to accommodate his driving style in mind. Whether he will have a chance to take it on the track and race it remains to be seen. It would be nice if he made some noise with it. I've watched recent interview with him at his home, answering a few fan-questions. He was calm, to the point, friendly, and polite. All sounded pretty much normal, I would say. Did not look worry at all.

About that McLaren place; I am not sure about it at all. I do recall how Alonso was shouting once from c#ckpit, something about the car being undriveable, which merely confirms, that Ferrari is not alone who can make rather one difficult racer. One more concern - McLaren has to fit Mercedes engine on their modified Renault chassis with minimum changes, all under FiA's supervision. There is nothing I can find about optimizatiion. Seb could get potentially a bloody nose because of that, whether he deserved it, or not, if the car turned a real dud. That would end his career on dark side. 

Date 2020.05.05   Time 7:39 (UTC) Sebastian (again)

Struggle continues. I am surprised hearing how many details of his private contract negotiations are airing public as facts. I really am. Maybe it's all true, but who is leaking it, and to what purpose? From certain point of view one can detect rather degree of malevolence in writing about it, while really not reporting news confirmed by either party to negotiations. I think we all will end up in that unmentionable place, because almighty will just give up and say, I cannot make sense of it. There you all go...

18 hours ago, Lyria said:

Brad, my friend, you forgot about the recent Honda years when you made that statement didn't you? Though to be fair I want to forget them myself  too ;)

I agree on Seb being a great driver and that Ferrari have made their choice about him, he is not their lead driver anynore, Leclerc is. If I was Seb I'd walk away and find another team or retire, I don't want him to retire but sliding backwards down the grid is never much fun once you've been a top driver is it? Besides, McLaren seem to be happy with Sainz and Norris, they are a good pairing who work well together so I'm not sure it would be a good fit for Seb :(

Oh and welcome thetruth34 :)

What did I say LOL

Date 2020.05.05   Time 10:59 (UTC) McLaren

Honda has moved on, but to be optimistic about McLaren's future, one has to believe, that Honda was a source of all their problems. It's true, PU was most transparent and most talked about, however I think there are enough indicators that McLaren is not in the clear with their design. Moreover, inevitable decreases on manpower due to newly imposed budget limits, if not implemented correctly, reduction process will create noise on the system lasting probably a season or two before all gets sorted out and optimized under new parameters. Seb could be an easy scapegoat for ignorant fan base. That, I wish, he should avoid at all cost, if he can.

Vettle,,, deserves more respect,,, From him self! And probably needs to hang his helmet before he harms his own reputation any further.

Coz seriously, another season of being beaten by a Non-Champion young team mate, would just damage him beyond repair, It shouldn't have to come to THAT point.

And I'm taking about both possibilities of Leclerc beating him at Ferrari or Sainz at McLaren

Edited by blackpebel
forgot to add the word 'own' while typing

24 minutes ago, blackpebel said:

Vettle,,, deserves more respect,,, From him self! And probably needs to hang his helmet before he harms his own reputation any further.

Coz seriously, another season of being beaten by a Non-Champion young team mate, would just damage him beyond repair, It shouldn't have to come to THAT point.

And I'm taking about both possibilities of Leclerc beating him at Ferrari or Sainz at McLaren

As I've said,  it's just part of the internet which is not too kind to Seb, justly or not. Thanks for clarifying which part of internet you represent. Thinking about it further, there is one French guy (dead now), François-Marie Arouet, you may heard of him by his nom de plume, Voltaire, who said -   Think for yourself and let others do same. Let's do that.

Welcome back to the forum, blackpebel.

3 minutes ago, Sakae said:

As I've said,  it's just part of the internet which is not too kind to Seb, justly or not. 

Vettle, IMO, is part of the racing field, that is not kind to an F1 car any more, Instinctively or not.

For gods sake, he's been aquaplaning in races where it has not rained, if you know what I mean.

Thanks for clarifying in which part of internet you represent.

Ur welcome,,, as do you sir.

. . . . . . 

As Donald Trump once said: You are no longer a racing driver if you don't go for a gap that exists.

Vettle is not able to put himself in positions where he would go for those gaps,,, not anymore. On the other side of the garage, is his young team mate who is doing that.. He hasn't shown the spark since his last season at Redbull, and that's a long time ago. Ric beat him fair and square, and he had no answers. Prior to which he had a good car, and an average team mate and like was easy sailing. Years besides Kimi, Meh, not the best for comparison.

If he goes to McLaren, trust me, Sainz will be more brutal then Leclerc.

Lets not forget, Vettle has only ever won from 3rd or higher on the grid... That, there, says a lot!!!

He needs a car to be comfortably ahead to do his trick... And Even if the car is the best on the field (Lets just hypothetically say Ferrari is a second clear of all other teams) , then again, he has a team mate who is better, its basically a Check mate for him at this point... so whats the next step?

Here's what:

See, I have respect for Vettle, for the person that he is, and out of that respect, I think he deserves a cool beer sitting at home cherishing the best that he has given to the sport. Its just hard to see him sulking after races where his team mates get the better of him. Its hard to see this because of how wonderful he is as a person and what he has been to the sport.

Welcome back to the forum, blackpebel.

:cheers:

5 hours ago, blackpebel said:

Vettle, IMO, is part of the racing field, that is not kind to an F1 car any more, Instinctively or not. For gods sake, he's been aquaplaning in races where it has not rained, if you know what I mean.

Yes I do get what you mean. He, instinctively or not, aquaplaned to 4 x WDC titles when Hamilton did not had a best car by a mile (maybe) just equal one. Imagine that.

As Donald Trump once said: You are no longer a racing driver if you don't go for a gap that exists.

Adulterate Senna's brainy quote is one thing, but assigned it to DT? Are you sure he would know what F1 is? He could be really upset with you if he thought you are swearing at him.

He needs a car to be comfortably ahead to do his trick... 

They all do. When Rosberg won a race, Hamilton went ballistic in public and critiqued Wolff from favoritism towards Rosberg. To make long story short, to calm our hero down, Wolff had to switch mechanics from Rosberg's team to Hamilton. The internet of course was quiet then, happy that "justice" was done. What an irony. There was more similar cases involving Alonso, and others, but you must have missed all of that. It was all discussed on this forum, so it's not necessary for me to display dirty laundry of F1 again, no one wants to hear that, especially your part of the internet. :)

See, I have respect for Vettle, for the person that he is,..

No, you don't. Trust me on that.