Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

McLaren F1 Team (2021)

This would not be a bad step for McLaren. If they clear off some debt, and setup shop in an environment which harbors better motor racing prospects and Mentality, than it would be a welcome step.

I remember when Hamilton went to see the Mercedes works factory, and how purely they were focused on the job of building racing cars and not worried about the aesthetics. I guess that's the same feeling Seb has gotten from AM after he left Ferrari.

Its not all too bad.

1 hour ago, blackpebel said:

This would not be a bad step for McLaren. If they clear off some debt, and setup shop in an environment which harbors better motor racing prospects and Mentality, than it would be a welcome step.

I remember when Hamilton went to see the Mercedes works factory, and how purely they were focused on the job of building racing cars and not worried about the aesthetics. I guess that's the same feeling Seb has gotten from AM after he left Ferrari.

Its not all too bad.

It's a nice trait to have, they are staying true to the philosophy Mclaren had himself

14 hours ago, blackpebel said:

If they clear off some debt, and setup shop in an environment which harbors better motor racing prospects and Mentality, than it would be a welcome step.

Maybe in a DIFFERENT era of F1 but NOT NOW.
Now F1 IS all about marketin, led by the fizzy drink team.
> Revive an iconic manufacturer - Aston Martin - Get the name seen around the world
F1 is NOT about racin ANYMORE
F1 IS about IMAGE

1 hour ago, lipstick79 said:

Maybe in a DIFFERENT era of F1 but NOT NOW.

McLaren-Mercedes, with Ricciardo in it,,, IS a different era for this team altogether..

1 hour ago, blackpebel said:

McLaren-Mercedes, with Ricciardo in it,,, IS a different era for this team altogether..

Can't wait, we have so many battles to look forward to this year. Ric vs Lando will be good to watch

2 hours ago, blackpebel said:

McLaren-Mercedes, with Ricciardo in it,,, IS a different era for this team altogether

Because it is NOT McLaren-Mercedes IN the new era:
> Mclaren POWERED by Mercedes.

At this time Mercedes STILL has it`s OWN works team.
Mercedes NOT a title sponsor, just supply the PU

Looks like somebody made a big mistake somewhere - HUGE

The exposure an organization could have had with Danny Ric, toppin the time sheets
It appears that Zak Brown`s phone WILL B ringin - CAN we put R name on THAT papaya car
The price has just gone UP
Congrats 2 the guys in Woking.  Still early days  - a LOT of runnin 4 ALL teams 2 go B 4 season starts

Whilst the head lines around the web R
Have McLaren outsmarted Mercedes and Red Bull?
McLaren went to great lengths to hide the rear of their car during their car's launch. This led to increased speculation that the team were trying to hide something that might give them an advantage. Those suspicions have proved to be valid as the British team have found a clever workaround for the regulation changes.
I suggest maybe a theory of misdirection IS used.
Standard principle in attack is, don`t let the opposition know what U R up 2.
Y would Mclaren POINT 2 HOW they R goin 2 attack U?
Like in boxin watch out for my right hand it has deadly power.
So the opposition focuses on UR right hand.
BOSH  
Knock them out WITH UR left hand.
Mclaren went to great lengths to "hide" somethin 
Which IS pointin to their secret weapon - hiden by the covers.  Or so they WOULD have U believe.
In turn EVERYBODY now is studyin images of the covered area 2 find out what they have done there.
The real answer IS probably somethin completely different and somewhere else .
But  everybody IS spendin their time analyzin what Mclaren pointed 2.
When the real answer is probably IN the opposite direction - nobody IS lookin there.

Looks like I need 2 add some MORE lippy.
Turns out I got that WRONG - it HAD 2 happen sometime !!
It is an OBVIOUS solution - do NOT make it a flap
Incorporate it in2 the floor.
2 weeks until the first race - MOST teams will NOW B attemptin somethin similar

image_2021-03-14_113126.png

It's great to have this Mclaren resurgence. I'm speaking from what I see. I have a special affinity to them. My fav drivers raced for them, the flying fins...Mika and Kimi

Top teams should grab Seidl

I would like to say that the presence of Zak Brown in that setup is proving very harmonious for group to build better.. and yes of course siedl is also an important building factor...

2 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

It's great to have this Mclaren resurgence. I'm speaking from what I see. I have a special affinity to them. My fav drivers raced for them, the flying fins...Mika and Kimi

Top teams should grab Slide

I am not a fan, far from it. 

When in transit to Ferrari, Sainz said about Seidl, that he was main factor behind upward team's moves, and why optimism for better future settled in that team, whilst British media were all over the place why a German would have any managing role at McLaren.

Seidl is a classic, efficient, German Engineer with proven successful track record running racing team from his Porsche days, whereas Brown... is not.

Andreas Seidl thinks McLaren will improve once they will get their infrastructure in place and fully operative, which includes wind tunnel (I think they have another year or so to go with that one). Rate of making upgrades aren't in synch with need on the track.

BROWN: 20 RACES WOULD BE A VERY COMPLETE F1 SEASON

I think this is very first time I do agree with Brown, actually on anything. His predecessor RD once stated 18 races was more than enough, but those were different times and conditions.

43 minutes ago, Sakae said:

I think this is very first time I do agree with Brown, actually on anything. His predecessor RD once stated 18 races was more than enough, but those were different times and conditions.

The novelty of exclusivity also wears off quickly, unless there's a competitive driver's championship tussle.

Maybe alternate some races

23 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

The novelty of exclusivity also wears off quickly, unless there's a competitive driver's championship tussle.

Maybe alternate some races

Not too long ago someone on this forum suggested that F1 is boring. IMO extending agony of it to 23 races is not going to change anyone's mind. Liberty are working for prosperity of their account, not worrying what makes fans happy, which is a strategy that in some form might blow up at some point into their faces. In simple terms, I like ice cream, but I doubt I want to eat it too much and too often. F1 for me is the same. Quality of quantity was always preferable for this fan. Many times in the past I've suggested that 16 very competetive cars would be preferable to more "also run". (Numbers suggested were 35 and more). People obviously watch too much NASCAR, where one needs graphics on screen with names just to know who is where on track. Not my cup of tea.

Anything would be boring if the result repeats for 7-8 odd years in a row.. Its not someone specific,,, a lot of people here and elsewhere, think F1 has been boring, for a long time now..

I personally, as a Fan, don't have an issue with more races.. as long as they can put up some wheel to wheel motor-racing on the track.. it doesn't matter if the season last for 15 races or 25.

On 3/28/2021 at 7:04 AM, blackpebel said:

it doesn't matter if the season last for 15 races or 25

But U can NOT compare the different era`s 
Because there IS soo much variation.
When Schummy WON titles the points awarded were a different format.
Plus fastest lap NOW gets a point

On 3/12/2021 at 4:43 AM, blackpebel said:

McLaren-Mercedes, with Ricciardo in it,,, IS a different era for this team altogether

That IS because it is NOT Mclaren-Mercedes.
It IS Mclaren powered BY Mercedes.
In THIS era, Mercedes HAVE their OWN team.  Mercedes is NOT a title partner.  Just a PU supplier.
Mclaren IS a Mercedes customer team.

4 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

That IS because it is NOT Mclaren-Mercedes.
It IS Mclaren powered BY Mercedes.
In THIS era, Mercedes HAVE their OWN team.  Mercedes is NOT a title partner.  Just a PU supplier.

Pa-Te-toes ... Po-Ta-Toes

If Mercedes WANT 2 give Mclaren $$MILLIONS$$ 2 B associated then Zak Brown 
probably WOULD accept - but have 2 PAY 4 that right
> TANSTAAFL

Brown therefore knows he can rely on Seidl. "I don't know how to run an F1 team, it's not my competency. That's what Andreas is awesome at. So my job is to give him the freedom, the support, and the financial resources to allow him to do his thing. So Andreas has full authority to run the F1 team as he sees fit."

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/81725/mclaren-ceo-brown-he-s-great-at-that.html

59 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Yeah. Mostly all Seidl

Brown's admission: "I don't know how to run an F1 team, it's not my competency" merely confirms, which of two men is force behind rise of McLaren (F1 team). As long as ownership supplies cash to keep it afloat, then they have chance to revive former glory. 

On 3/12/2021 at 6:43 AM, BradSpeedMan said:

Ric vs Lando will be good to watch

No different than any other, inter-team battles.
The FIRST person U HAVE 2 beat IS UR team mate.  He has the SAME equipment as U !!

56 minutes ago, lipstick79 said:

(1) The FIRST person U HAVE 2 beat IS UR team mate.  (2) He has the SAME equipment as U !!

(1) Who came up with this idea, and on what basis? This is one of oldest propagated nonsense by bored people living off F1, who have nothing much to say of substance between races, thus making up criteria which are plainly without merit.

(2) Patently false. All had been reasoned in the past, and it is obvious all has been ignored (not disputed) to this day. Lessons learned, there is no point to discuss technical issues characteristic to technology series with lay observers. Some people just repeat what they read in media.

Currently a writer of most popular criminal drama in UK wrote just recently:

Jed Mercurio: ‘There’s a certain cohort of prominent journalists who practise disinformation’

I am with you on that point, Dr. Mercurio. F1 is certainly not immune to that disease.