Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

McLaren F1 Team (2021)

46 minutes ago, Sakae said:

(1) Who came up with this idea, and on what basis? This is one of oldest propagated nonsense by bored people living off F1, who have nothing much to say of substance between races, thus making up criteria which are plainly without merit.

(2) Patently false. All had been reasoned in the past, and it is obvious all has been ignored (not disputed) to this day. Lessons learned, there is no point to discuss technical issues characteristic to technology series with lay observers. Some people just repeat what they read in media.

Currently a writer of most popular criminal drama in UK wrote just recently:

I am with you on that point, Dr. Mercurio. F1 is certainly not immune to that disease.

AGREED

2 hours ago, Sakae said:

Brown's admission: "I don't know how to run an F1 team, it's not my competency" merely confirms, which of two men is force behind rise of McLaren (F1 team). As long as ownership supplies cash to keep it afloat, then they have chance to revive former glory. 

I think so too Sakae

4 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

As long as ownership supplies cash to keep it afloat, then they have chance to revive former glory. 

That IS a backwards step.  Former glory WERE achieved when, it paid for itself.  Without `avin 2 
go 2 the bank of mom & dad (ownership).
It is Zak`s job 2  expedite sponsorship.  The failed Honda project, was a BIG dent 2 finances,
Now HAVE 2 pay BIG $$ 4 Mercedes PU.
UK-based Ricardo may have been an option - if they expanded.
Ricardo supply the engine for the Mclaren road car.
Zak could consider buying Ricardo.  

On 4/13/2021 at 12:54 PM, BradSpeedMan said:

This guy has gone more UP in my books

Would gone down B an euphemism  ?

On 4/13/2021 at 2:30 PM, lipstick79 said:

Ricardo supply the engine for the Mclaren road car.
Zak could consider buying Ricardo.  

That WOULD make Mclaren a British Ferrari - Ron`s dream, which he hoped 2 do B4 bein outstead.
Mclaren Road Car & Mclaren F1 team - a British Ferrari.
Just NEED 2 produce their OWN PU 2 B consistent.
The Mclaren road car PU IS purchased FROM Ricardo - NOT produced in house at Mclaren

After Daniel Ricciardo’s difficult Monaco Grand Prix, his McLaren boss Andreas Seidl has said that the Australian is struggling because the MCL35M requires a unique driving style that goes against his natural instincts.

That's funny. When Sebastian was in similar situation in 2014, we all know what was said about him. Fraud, DR is so much better driver, beating socks out of him, and so on. Blah, blah, blah...

When shoe is now on the other foot...

Point is, comparing Vettel vs Ricciardo should have happen in 2013, than I would believed DR was a better driver. 2014 was merely a transitional year with many shades of problems, and not good ground for far reaching conclusions.

I am not sure if Norris is beating DR today as optics do suggest. What is merely clear that DR is out of his skin for past several years. This car, and also in his time with Renault -  problems everywhere.

RB was closest to his liking, and even that was partly a false flag, because when Verstappen came on board, he liked the car even more, and DR became a defeated man overnight.

As far what future holds for him - hard to say, but he wants to overcome his difficulties, re-learn how to drive that car, and as long as he doesn't gives up, there is chance he might succeed.

10 hours ago, Sakae said:

That's funny. When Sebastian was in similar situation in 2014, we all know what was said about him. Fraud, DR is so much better driver, beating socks out of him, and so on. Blah, blah, blah...

Point is, comparing Vettel vs Ricciardo should have happen in 2013, than I would believed DR was a better driver. 2014 was merely a transitional year with many shades of problems, and not good ground for far reaching conclusions.

I am not sure if Norris is beating DR today as optics do suggest. What is merely clear that DR is out of his skin for past several years. This car, and also in his time with Renault -  problems everywhere.

RB was closest to his liking, and even that was partly a false flag, because when Verstappen came on board, he liked the car even more, and DR became a defeated man overnight.

As far what future holds for him - hard to say, but he wants to overcome his difficulties, re-learn how to drive that car, and as long as he doesn't gives up, there is chance he might succeed.

Ric is still struggling... hope those new updates and floor work out for him. This Monaco gp was really humiliating

Alonso still struggling.. hope he is not fading fast...

Checo is still struggling. I think he is best-placed to improve drastically. He needs to keep Hamilton "in check"

Vettel... "“I enjoyed the fact that I was on top of the car, could push when I had to and knew how the car would respond.” This is VERY important. He is also in much happier space with his team. It's starting to show

12 hours ago, Sakae said:

and talk about someone having a "particular drivring style" that suit/fit only a certain car Designer' cars. The extent ppl go to to justify their own biases.

Incredible

13 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

This does sound...Worrying

http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/774626/Why_Ricciardos_form_is_a_massive_worry/

Ric genuinely seems very confused

Well, I don't wish him anything bad, but I haven't forgot 2014 how big was his head talking. Today everyone is worrying about him, and no one says he is a fraud. Internet in English language wasn't that kind to Vettel.

Driver's ability to adapt his machinery is under spotlight, and no amount of hours in simulator can fully substitute real track experience. I am repeating this like idiot for many years, but is anyone listening? Brown is one of those who was talking against track practice. Now its backfiring right on his American nose.  I say- good.

Surely DR is better than result shows, but that cost cutting push is burning fire.

5 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Well, I don't wish him anything bad, but I haven't forgot 2014 how big was his head talking. Today everyone is worrying about him, and no one says he is a fraud. Internet in English language wasn't that kind to Vettel.

Driver's ability to adapt his machinery is under spotlight, and no amount of hours in simulator can fully substitute real track experience. I am repeating this like idiot for many years, but is anyone listening? Brown is one of those who was talking against track practice. Now its backfiring right on his American nose.  I say- good.

Surely DR is better than result shows, but that cost cutting push is burning fire.

True

There is a lot of undue judgements in here towards drivers / Team bosses, or basically anyone, who has an alternate position / not on a favorable position, to Vettel...

And right now, that's towards Ricciardo in a way?? Seriously?

On 5/26/2021 at 9:34 PM, Sakae said:

When Sebastian was in similar situation in 2014, we all know what was said about him. Fraud, DR is so much better driver, beating socks out of him, and so on. Blah, blah, blah...

Its a pitty that Ricciardo's handful of races in his new team where the car was not built around him,,, is being used as a tool to justify the shortcomings of vettel in recent years. Monaco has been an exceptionally good race for Vettel, and I hope it gets better for Him and AM. But that 1 race being used to smother Ricciardo for when he did well,, Ahh, I'm not sure if that's a moral approach. Ricciardo Fared well against Vettel in 2014, that's a fact.

Whether that fact is given validation by some or not, is a different question.

Ricciardo has proved him self time and again, its unfair to judge him in a car that works best Against his driving style. I'm thinking McLaren have a plan to solve his issues.

On 4/13/2021 at 5:24 PM, BradSpeedMan said:

This guy has gone more UP in my books

So brad,,

Zak gains a favorable position now because he speaks well for Vettel?

And he was not good enough when he has championed for more Equal racing opportunities for the WHOLE racing field?

And He was not good enough when he basically helped a legendary team such as McLaren out from its doldrums?

And He was not good enough when he pushed the whole field for a budget cap sighting financial imparity as the reason for shambolic Racing within F1?

And He was not good enough when he asked for something like a secret ballot to callout big teams from manipulating the outcomes of races to their will?

I'm not sure if that's the best way to look at things..

I Personally have respect for a Zak, and for what he brings to F1 AND racing in general, and Not just the team he is leading. He is looked at as if he was selling soft toys on the side of the road before being brought into F1. Lets not forget, this man has been part of motor-racing for well over 2 decades, he knows a thing or 2 about racing because of which he was successfully able to turn McLaren fortunes. 

People just form opinions based on what favors them, unfortunate, but I guess that's life.

9 hours ago, blackpebel said:

There is a lot of undue judgements in here towards drivers / Team bosses, or basically anyone, who has an alternate position / not on a favorable position, to Vettel...

And right now, that's towards Ricciardo in a way?? Seriously?

Its a pitty that Ricciardo's handful of races in his new team where the car was not built around him,,, is being used as a tool to justify the shortcomings of vettel in recent years. Monaco has been an exceptionally good race for Vettel, and I hope it gets better for Him and AM. 

So, claiming that Vettel is crap is fine, but when we talk about DR, it is undue judgement. You are making my case for me.

BTW, I think I mentioned I was referring to how Vettel was judged in y. 2014. Why not to judge both the same way?

Shortcomings of Vettel in recent years... lord help me.

You have understood absolutely nothing. Nothing I say.

Vettel has no shortcomings other than being too good and too nice. 

He is beating Stroll as a number 2 driver. 

He almost beat Leclerc in 2019 as a number 2 driver. 

2020 he was not allowed to compete against Leclerc. 

He would break all the records if he was in the dominant Mercedes this season. 

22 hours ago, blackpebel said:

So brad,,

Zak gains a favorable position now because he speaks well for Vettel?

And he was not good enough when he has championed for more Equal racing opportunities for the WHOLE racing field?

And He was not good enough when he basically helped a legendary team such as McLaren out from its doldrums?

And He was not good enough when he pushed the whole field for a budget cap sighting financial imparity as the reason for shambolic Racing within F1?

And He was not good enough when he asked for something like a secret ballot to callout big teams from manipulating the outcomes of races to their will?

I'm not sure if that's the best way to look at things..

I Personally have respect for a Zak, and for what he brings to F1 AND racing in general, and Not just the team he is leading. He is looked at as if he was selling soft toys on the side of the road before being brought into F1. Lets not forget, this man has been part of motor-racing for well over 2 decades, he knows a thing or 2 about racing because of which he was successfully able to turn McLaren fortunes. 

People just form opinions based on what favors them, unfortunate, but I guess that's life.

The position fits Mr Zak to the tea... it aint all good... rather...

I urge you to have more favourable position on Seidl. We've been here many times. He's the reason why they are on an up, not big-mouth Zak.

Of course he went up in my books in terms of Vettel reference. He did'nt get swayed by all the Vettel-4-time-winner in a dominant Newey car bulls##t that gets spewed by armchair experts with no real knowledge about the sport. In terms of his administrative CEO role, he still leaves much to be desired...