Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

McLaren F1 Team (2021)

On 5/20/2020 at 12:36 PM, Sakae said:

McLaren had Mercedes engine in 2014, and they drop it without much of remorse. It's hard to make up good story out of it 7 years later.

Honestly, things have been looking good for them for quite sometime now, they were consistently outperforming Renault last year with the same power. Its fair to say that they will up their game with a more stable PU. And the driver line up is going to provide a lot of entertainment in 2021..

Ricciardo + Lando + Seidl + Mclaren + Mercedes ,,,, sounds like a good combo to me in more then one way 😉

On 7/13/2020 at 3:58 AM, blackpebel said:

Its fair to say that they will up their game with a more stable PU.

U R obviously CONFUSED blackpebel
The Renault PU in the Mclaren has NOT yet - fingers crossed DNF 
The Renault HAS 100% reliability - How IS it possible to B MORE stable than 100% ??
Do U actually think B4 U comment, or have U been sniffin UR own underwear AGAIN !!?

2 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

U R obviously CONFUSED blackpebel
The Renault PU in the Mclaren has NOT yet - fingers crossed DNF 
The Renault HAS 100% reliability - How IS it possible to B MORE stable than 100% ??
Do U actually think B4 U comment, or have U been sniffin UR own underwear AGAIN !!?

Mr Lipstick,

Please reserve those type of comments... since blackpebel has'nt made any derogatory comments towards you. and that includes any members.

Thank you

Lipstick, may I ask when you type in ghetto english? It's very hard to read sometimes and I'll be honest, my eyes often just skip over your posts. I'd suggest you type in proper English if you'd like to get your point across in various debates.

OK the Renault in the Mclaren HAS now DNF - Well Sainz Did Not Start.
Hamilton IS described as, the next Schumacher - doo Mclaren HAVE the next Hamilton in Lando Norris?
He IS hoverin consistently around the P4 position.
Next season Mclaren WILL B a Mercedes customer - He could go head-2-head with Hamilton in the works Mercedes.  
Would Mercedes allow Mclaren to beat the works Mercedes?
Mclaren HAS comfortably beaten the works Renault.

Date 2020.09.11   Time 6:23 (UTC)

MCLAREN PUT HEADQUARTERS UP FOR SALE IN FUNDRAISING EFFORT

Rumor has it, they found working in camping tent much more satisfying. 

10 hours ago, Sakae said:

Date 2020.09.11   Time 6:23 (UTC)

Rumor has it, they found working in camping tent much more satisfying. 

Lol

McLaren trimming down to stay in the game.. Unfortunate.. But you gotta do what you gotta do in these testing times. That woking headquarter is such a symbol for McLaren.

On 9/11/2020 at 5:25 PM, blackpebel said:

gotta do in these testing times

?? I thought in season testin were banned ? !! lol

2 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

?? I thought in season testin were banned ? !! lol

Yaaa mate,, this season is really testing on everyone mate...

On 9/11/2020 at 5:25 PM, blackpebel said:

That woking headquarter is such a symbol for McLaren

The Woking Head Quarters such a symbol for the MP4 organization. 
Ron Dennis created it, along with the MTC.
Zak`s Mclaren is NOT the same Mclaren.

19 hours ago, blackpebel said:

Yaaa mate,, this season is really testing on everyone mate...

Joking aside, whilst I was suspecting the same for some time, Alonso actually spilt the milk and confirmed, that several races were planned just testing sessions. I was quite surprised there was no FiA investigation of the incident with potential charges for not participating in races pursuant to contractual commitments. 

Probably hard to prove it. Ferrari should be doing the same. (Maybe they do; I have no other explanation of their performance).

4 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

Zak`s Mclaren is NOT the same Mclaren.

Zak's McLaren has 2 Aces up its sleeves for future... Lando and Ricciardo 

Heck they have 2 aces up its sleeve now in Lando AND Carlos

THEY are making a good use of that Renault, and I'm sure they will capitalise on the Mercedes PU too. 

Shouldn't matter what building McLaren work out off.. They are looking promising.

I can't believe McLaren are selling the woking factory. Even to this day, it's still one of the best ever made. Corona has certainly thrown things upside down, but I refuse to believe Ron would have sold it.

KoolMonkey
I completely AGREE with U.
Ron would NEVER have sold it
Ron were quickly ousted after the failed Honda project.
They went a DIFFERENT direction with Zak - NOT aimin 2 B the best - at ANYTHIN

The Ron coup ended my support for them as a fan. And look at Honda now, they have won races thus proving Ron's move to go with a manufacturer. However they stuffed up the relationship horribly. Alonso didn't help either. So much for being a master at feedback and helping a team move forward.

I still hold out hope Ron will make a return, but I believe he sold his shares. Wouldn't surprise me if he was still hurt and bitter over how he was treated :(

I also hope for a Ron return. 
He saved them already and took them to the pinicle with the Mercedes unofficial works team. 
The West Mclaren Mercedes with titles from Mika Hakkinen.  Against Schuey in HIS prime.
Ron always said, need 2 B a works team 2 suceed (BEFORE) this turbo hybrid era.
That is Y he brought Honda BACK with Mclaren as the works team
Though the Honda project did NOT work out.
With Mclaren 2 B powered by Mercedes again, next season.
Will this return Mclaren 2 winning ways? 
Whilst Honda HAS improved.  Mercedes R STILL the winning PU

2 hours ago, KoolMonkey said:

So much for being a master at feedback and helping a team move forward.

GP 2 engine, gp 2 engine IS that REALLY  bein a master of feedback ?
Mclaren R dumpin Renault next season FOR the ALL conquorin Mercedes, which they dumped FOR works Honda
Alonso 2 RETURN 2 F1 with Renault - after Mclaren HAS dumped them

McLaren experimenting with Mercedes style nose on Norris in russian qualy.. 

IMG_20200927_045857.jpg.1b2ec738d753b1dbf6f6e54d5b1472a2.jpg

And Carlos with the default setup:

IMG_20200927_050256.jpg.5c33a5f8d2301d1087497f9ddfdab178.jpg

I'm personally thinking that the default setup is more reliable in accepting changes given that it has a wider contact point to the wing.. And probably McLaren would continue developing in that direction and not go the Mercedes route.

Edit: Although the new wing seems like it allows more flow of air under the car with some compromise on front wing resistance.

Date 2020.12.01   Time 15:27 (UTC)

BRAWN: WHERE RACING POINT ARE UNDERPERFORMING, MCLAREN ARE OVERPERFORMING

Kudos to Andreas Seidl.

I really like where McLaren is heading.. they have a consistent trajectory in the last 4 seasons.

They have finished 3rd (3rd!) In the constructors with a Renault engine at the back, and have a Mercedes and a Honey Badger in their car next year.. I'm rooting for this team next year!!

And hands down the BEST lineup on the grid for 2021 😄

Screenshot_20201215-193021_Facebook.thumb.jpg.a9bf4eee8c0e3bfae091cfaf8862ba4b.jpg

Objectively speaking, P3 belongs to RP this year, however dubious penalty of 15 points issued under some experienced political scheming in reality gifted P3 to more popular team. (Everything and anything for our dear fans and McLaren purse.)  

Progression efforts from P6 to P4 is probably easier than progression from P4 to P2. Final step will be the most difficult. I do not see McLaren winning WCC in next 5 years, although there is potential for some screw ups in rival teams under new regulations.   

McLaren team principal Andreas Seidl has revealed the team’s “outdated infrastructure” will place restrictions on its progress over the next two years.

...and they need a German guy to tell them good news? 

On 12/17/2020 at 4:58 AM, blackpebel said:

I really like where McLaren is heading.. they have a consistent trajectory in the last 4 seasons.

They have finished 3rd (3rd!) In the constructors with a Renault engine at the back, and have a Mercedes and a Honey Badger in their car next year.. I'm rooting for this team next year!!

And hands down the BEST lineup on the grid for 2021 😄

Screenshot_20201215-193021_Facebook.thumb.jpg.a9bf4eee8c0e3bfae091cfaf8862ba4b.jpg

Objectively speaking, P3 - 2020 belongs to RP this year, however dubious penalty of 15 points issued under some experienced political scheming in reality gifted P3 to more popular team. (Everything and anything for our dear fans and McLaren's a purse short on cash.)  

Progression efforts from P6 to P4 is probably easier than progression from P4 to P2. Final step will be the most difficult. I do not see McLaren winning WCC any time soon, although with some odd luck there is potential for screw ups in rival teams under new regulations.