Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Ferrari 2021

With regards to Vettel's car...

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/65498/vettel-gets-new-chassis-in-spain-due-to-later-discovered-error-.html

According to Resta, the problem didn't have a very large share of the difference between the drivers: "Sebastian will have a new chassis, because after our analysis of Silverstone's GP, we saw a small error caused by a heavy blow to a kerb," explains Resta to Autosport.com. "It would not have had much effect on performance, but it was the logical decision to take".

Ferrari are insane, I keep saying it, but it's clear they are nucking futs. Why was the above comment necessary, to say it would NOT have made much effort on performance? And it was only a SMALL error.... ???

Either they don't believe Seb when he's been saying for sometime now the car is weird and slow, or they found a giant problem with it after actually having a look. I tend to think they fobbed him off and his concerns, and now have only realised there is a problem with his car.

Let's not all forget some important things. Vettel is leaving. That means he's not getting tech updates, briefings, or any of his feedback being listened to. They have completely shut him out. They continue to stuff up his pit stop strategies too. I'd wager this car change was brought about due to alot of noise being directed at Ferrari by past F1 drivers and others, who are all essentially saying the same thing that Vettel is not half a second a lap slower than Leclerc.

I'm done with Ferrari. I'm a "fan" for how many races are left this year, and then my Ferrari hat is going to get torched. I was a late convert to your team so to speak, but I followed Kimi and thus supported the team he drove for. You fvked up once back in 2010. Now your messing with Vettel. After this, how can I continue to support them. I'm more thinking I'd rather watch them burn to the ground, and then be rebuilt up with better people running it. But actually once Vettel goes, I won't care anymore either. I hope Binotto stays and they continue their Italians only rule of hiring inept, incompetent people in key positions, but it's okay right, because they are Italian! hahaha

Whatever happens for Vettel, I hope he's got a drive next year that is fast. I want to see him getting podiums again, and fighting for a win or two. A shining Vettel is good for F1.

18 minutes ago, KoolMonkey said:

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/65498/vettel-gets-new-chassis-in-spain-due-to-later-discovered-error-.html

Ferrari are insane, I keep saying it, but it's clear they are nucking futs. Why was the above comment necessary, to say it would NOT have made much effort on performance? And it was only a SMALL error.... ???

Either they don't believe Seb when he's been saying for sometime now the car is weird and slow, or they found a giant problem with it after actually having a look. I tend to think they fobbed him off and his concerns, and now have only realised there is a problem with his car.

Let's not all forget some important things. Vettel is leaving. That means he's not getting tech updates, briefings, or any of his feedback being listened to. They have completely shut him out. They continue to stuff up his pit stop strategies too. I'd wager this car change was brought about due to alot of noise being directed at Ferrari by past F1 drivers and others, who are all essentially saying the same thing that Vettel is not half a second a lap slower than Leclerc.

I'm done with Ferrari. I'm a "fan" for how many races are left this year, and then my Ferrari hat is going to get torched. I was a late convert to your team so to speak, but I followed Kimi and thus supported the team he drove for. You fvked up once back in 2010. Now your messing with Vettel. After this, how can I continue to support them. I'm more thinking I'd rather watch them burn to the ground, and then be rebuilt up with better people running it. But actually once Vettel goes, I won't care anymore either. I hope Binotto stays and they continue their Italians only rule of hiring inept, incompetent people in key positions, but it's okay right, because they are Italian! hahaha

Whatever happens for Vettel, I hope he's got a drive next year that is fast. I want to see him getting podiums again, and fighting for a win or two. A shining Vettel is good for F1.

What a post. Great stuff!!

AGREED

As long as Leclerc is placing well, Sebastian is facing mistrust aimed at his skills. Car is not the best, but maybe it should not be in P12. That's a problem. A lot of people have their own theories why is that. Personally I have no explanation to offer. 

5 hours ago, KoolMonkey said:

This is an interesting update..

3 hours ago, Sakae said:

Car is not the best, but maybe it should not be in P12. That's a problem.

If the car is crooked even for a Millimeter It changes EVERYTHING for the driver and the balance of the car in general. If this is true, and this was the issue he was facing all this while, then I'm really sorry for what vettle is going through.

Having said that, vettel's plight extends to more than just this chasis.. I'm intrigued to see how the new chasis will play out...

5 hours ago, blackpebel said:

This is an interesting update..

If the car is crooked even for a Millimeter It changes EVERYTHING for the driver and the balance of the car in general. If this is true, and this was the issue he was facing all this while, then I'm really sorry for what vettle is going through.

Having said that, vettel's plight extends to more than just this chasis.. I'm intrigued to see how the new chasis will play out...

Looking forward to it bp. Also, if Vettel could qualify higher up with a decent car, means he would'nt have been squeezed onto that kerb...

11 hours ago, KoolMonkey said:

Reading this again KM, You've put EXACTLY my thoughts into your post. Exact same feelings

Date 2020.09.01   Time 6:41 (UTC)

Chris Medland writes about Ferrari, and quotes:

“Who is responsible? The entire team is responsible,” Binotto said. “Myself as team principal first. Whether I am the right man or not, is not for myself to answer. How long it will take? I think if you look back at all the winning cycles that have been set, it’s always many years, there are no silver bullets in F1. Patience and stability is required.”

Many years? Yes, of course, for new entrants, but is it true for this team? Records shows last WCC Ferrari has won in 2008. 

12 years since last WCC seems like many years already, therefore what Binotto is suggesting sounds to me like half-truth only. I have no doubt that patience and stability is required, to state obvious, but time in this case might be not enough. I would rather suggest missing are men of ideas who are needed even more urgently. I've worked with Italians, and my colleagues were extremely polite, cultivated, bright people, but in a sport full of extremes such as F1 is, sometimes only a man comfortable with extremes can make that last step. Is a such man working in Maranello already? If he is, then he has been silenced, as evident in product performance. I will end here with an unsolicited advise to Mattia; go, find him, and let him have his go at it. That could be the silver bullet you are seeking.

That replacement driver for next year might be for a few sleepless nights as it stands right now.   

Date 2020.09.02   Time 18:24 (UTC)

GP247

This year’s engine regulations prohibit big updates to a power unit in an attempt to save customers some money. This has left Ferrari and it’s customers in a sticky situation and the Scuderia needing to work overtime ahead of 2021.

Question is, how big update Ferrari requires to close a gap to their rivals, and while they are focusing on that effort, how is going development of next generation of the power plant per new specs, especially with mandated cuts in manpower? Must be fun to be a TP at Maranello these days. MB with their overtime managed to sent some people to hospital with exhaustion. 

Date 2020.09.03   Time 9:05 (UTC)

LdM is blamed for current state of Ferrari... 

Plenty people and "experts" on sidelines or in paddock alike accusing Ferrari from mismanagement, and cheating. Trashy internet sites are full of such stories day-in-day-out. Maybe Ferrari is as charged, however there are some questions in my mind, which create doubts whether situation is really that as portrayed by (mostly British) media. Watching the same scene, and the same history, my interpretation what is happening is different one.

Brawn and formerly FiA under Whiting talked about PU parity, but actual regulatory activities were all exactly opposite and concentrated to keep a British driver at the top, and everyone else behind. Ferrari got castrated recently for using oil to protect the engine in high revs. It was really ingenious and not cheating. (FiA could not determined which regulation, if any, was actually broken.) In contrast, what is MB under Cowell doing? What creates that dark smoke behind MB's cars? Nothing? What about early jump MB was allowed to keep in development fo hybrids - jail free - and build upon that knowledge data base since 2014? Nothing?

LdM is allegedly beating up himself for agreeing to accept intro of hybrids into racing, despite his firm was far behind where MB was in development. And result? FiA with tokens and other limits finished him off, if not complexity of hybrids itself alone. 

F1 lost any last credibility it had with me, yet I think enough was said about that subject more than once, and it's time to put all behind. LdM can sleep well. No one can blame him he was betrayed. Binotto might be this or that to many people, but I have intuitively some understanding what he is probably facing, and despite his clumsiness in PR arena, he is not a such bad guy IMO.  

As the old saying goes, if you start arguing with idiots and cheaters, they will drag you to their level, and beat you on experience. Binotto needs not to respond, and do his thing. There is a job to be done.

Date 2020.09.03   Time 10:20 (UTC)

LdM on Vettel:

No support for Vettel

''No, that is absolutely not Vettel's fault. He has never caused any problems and always works from the team's point of view. He has won many victories, which other drivers could never have won. I am therefore not happy with the way Vettel has been treated. The timing was not right and the way in which it was done was certainly not right," says former Ferrari president, Di Montezemolo, opposite the German RTL.

READ MORE

Horner: "And that’s where the difference is exaggerated between the two drivers"

''Sebastian, like Michael Schumacher, needs the confidence of his team. Those drivers both need an environment where they feel at home and supported. That was the case with Michael when Jean Todt was at the helm and I did it with Niki Lauda'',concludes the Italian who doesn't feel that Vettel ever had that support.

5 hours ago, Sakae said:

Date 2020.09.03   Time 10:20 (UTC)

LdM on Vettel:

I was just going to post this... It's certainly something we've been saying all along on here...

very revealing

4 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

I was just going to post this... It's certainly something we've been saying all along on here...

very revealing

LdM

"Sebastian never caused trouble, he always worked as a team. He won victories that others would not have won in a car that was not always competitive."

I assume he knows little more about those cars than all those self-declared experts on various public forums. So much for the claims that Vettel can win only with the fastest (or best) cars. 

Date 2020.09.04   Time 11:42 (UTC)

More of LdM wisdom; a man who has hired Sebastian Vettel, and knows a thing or two about him, and how F1 operates:

Then, at the turn of this century, he was the architect of the superteam, led by Jean Todt, built around Michael Schumacher which led to Ferrari’s greatest spell in their history. Heights they have never attained again.

Sebastian, like Michael Schumacher, needs to feel at home. He needs, like Michael, an environment that supports him, that defends him and above all protects him. That was the case with Michael and Jean Todt. I did the same in my early days with Niki Lauda,” added Ferrari’s greatest boss.

Sounds to me like another reason for Sebastian Vettel not to join RP. He is not going to be at home there. He will not be an adopted son. Lance Stroll occupies that seat, and is it worth for him it to play a second fiddle in that team? More one thinks about it, more warnings just popping up around him.

Date 2020.09.08   Time 16:51 (UTC)

GPToday, Binotto:

errari and the FIA reached a settlement but it was never made public. "On the settlement it’s very simple there has never been a breach of regulation and that’s it".

Next, the team boss discusses the reason for withholding the content of the settlement: "Our regulations are very complex, since then a lot of technical directives have been issued and the reason why there has been no transparency on the settlement is because it’s about our technical intellectual property. TSo we don’t need to explain to the entire world the way our power unit is working".

Agree.

Binotto fierce about rumors: "I think there is a lot of b*llsh*t"

Hiya, he must be reading my mind.

That just seems like a smart way of saying we don't want to disclose how we we are cheating.

They don't have to disclose to the world HOW they make their engine, but It is FIA's responsibility to make clear to all parties WHAT rule Ferrari broke. FIA can't just swoop this dirt under the mattress by saying s##t like - its a deal between us and Ferrari, its taken care off.

16 minutes ago, blackpebel said:

That just seems like a smart way of saying we don't want to disclose how we we are cheating.

They don't have to disclose to the world HOW they make their engine, but It is FIA's responsibility to make clear to all parties WHAT rule Ferrari broke. FIA can't just swoop this dirt under the mattress by saying s##t like - its a deal between us and Ferrari, its taken care off.

Yeah

He can't say it's bulls##t when every other supplied team is affected.... The evidence is clear.... Its just not aero and chassis, it's definately also engine.... 

Just now, BradSpeedMan said:

I don't believe one word this Binotto guy says anymore... 

Yepp..

On 8/5/2020 at 1:35 PM, KoolMonkey said:

Hahaha Leclerc is no team leader. He will be moaning and crying over the radio the second he starts experiencing difficulties.

Team leader comes with experience. 
Can NOT lead a team WITHOUT experience.
Natural talent does NOT equal experience - WHOEVER U R 
Alonso WOULD have been the better option for, ANYBODY
Alonso`s 2 WDC`S GUARANTEE exposure - sponsors HAPPY 

7 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

I don't believe one word this Binotto guy says anymore... 

> So U DID believe what Binotto said previously then ?? !!

2 minutes ago, lipstick79 said:

> So U DID believe what Binotto said previously then ?? !!

The fool has been found out...

the sooner he leaves, the better... wait...wait... let them burn to the ground first....  (only becoz I'm a Vettel fan) Hehe. Revenge is sweet, even for the wrong reasons

10 hours ago, blackpebel said:

Red part - where did you get that? I think, in contrast, FiA fulfilled their obligation vis-a-vis Ferrari PU, and dropped the ball elsewhere IMHO.

From some other place I learned just yesterday (in relationship to Brexit), how popular is these days to claim in UK, that Brits are very honest and truthful people, but Europeans in contrast are nothing but fraudsters (was the exact term used). Most anti-Ferrari drive has its sources in British media, as far as I can determine on the Internet, so I am not surprised over your post.

In this PU case, you chose not to believe Binotto (European), which is your prerogative, however you have not proved, he is not telling the truth. Forgive me, but your response seems to me is emotive, rather than substantive.

Known facts suggest, after FiA amended regulations "for clarity" what they think they want, and Ferrari was forced to change PU in compliance to changed rules. Alternatives were really equal opening the proverbial can of - something. It is obvious FiA did not want Ferrari to have upper hand in the engine department, innovative or otherwise. So much should be clear to any unbiased observer. 

As far as I am aware, others have not changed for compliance with changed regulations. Whilst I cannot say they are allowed to cheat (little bit or cleverly much), unfortunately I cannot also say they are totally compliant with changed regulations either. We simply don't know. The truth is, FiA in their infinite wisdom let them off the hook, and had not examined other PUs with the same rigor.  

F1 lives in narrow margins between compliance and stretching rules over the line. It was always that way. I can only guess why FiA is behaving as they do regarding Ferrari, however it would be not first time when theirs action was remarkably the same as public sentiment was blowing.

BTW, what is fair racing you talk about? It is a foreign concept to me in F1 sphere. Racing in F1 is directed by compliance with a set of rules, and whether those are fair is debatable. I am of opinion they are not, nor they apply to all racing teams equally, because they are not guarded by the same rigor, and there are other examples. Your call for fair racing was missing in 2010 - 2014 when MB was allowed what others did not have. (per BE). 

Anyhoo, I could be very well done with this subject, since I brought it in I've felt compelled to drib in, but have nothing much more "clever" to say about it, and I am running our of emotions for this year.

10 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

The fool has been found out...

the sooner he leaves, the better... wait...wait... let them burn to the ground first....  (only becoz I'm a Vettel fan) Hehe. Revenge is sweet, even for the wrong reasons

I think I posted some almost similar some weeks ago. Let them burn, let them flounder, let them fail.

Arrivabene was miles better than Binotto the Clown. But the new owners are Ferrari are dog s##te as well. Binotto is a fraud. He's failing on two fronts. Apparently he's a technical head... okay let that one sink in for a bit. And I've heard he's also likes to pose as a team leader. Failing in that area too. Also doesn't have an ounce of knowing how to handle people either. Calling up Vettel to let him know he's not wanted over a phone call? Yeah that went down like a lead balloon. The guy's a chump. Staggering the famous piranha Italian media hasn't eaten him alive, but I have a theory... he's Italian so it's okay right!?