Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Ferrari 2021

2 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

So you're assuming blame to Ferrari strategy by bringing Alonso in earlier to cover of Webber. Great drivers will find a way around in a much faster car, and that was expected... almost for the whole friggin race

Not an assumption brad.

Saying that a great driver in a good car should be able to out smart logic and physics would be incomplete. Coz by that logic, Hamilton should have won WDC in 2012.

I remember that race, coz it was such a heartbreak for such a silly mistake that every one could see.. If I'm not wrong, Alonso himself questioned the move coz he had tyres left, and but Ferrari asked him to come in.

Me, just a fan sitting behind his TV was shocked when the Ferrari team made a call for the first pit stop.. It was completely illogical to call Alonso in THAT soon, he clearly had 8-10 more laps left on that first set.

But i thought maybe the guys at Ferrari are looking at more data so they may be right.. How wrong.. And they have not improved their race analysis even after 10 years. They deserve the flak for it.

If you think I'm making an assumption.. The commentators, the F1 pundits and FERRARI itself admitted that it was a mistake.

Date 2020.10.21   Time 5:45 (UTC)

RESTA: FERRARI WILL REDEVELOP THE REAR OF THE CAR FOR 2021

Is it the same rear car No. 5 feels problematic this year (apparently more so than his teammate due to his racing style)? 

3 hours ago, Sakae said:

Date 2020.10.21   Time 5:45 (UTC)

Is it the same rear car No. 5 feels problematic this year (apparently more so than his teammate due to his racing style)? 

They are , in my view, deliberately not giving him a car he likes, so golden boy can really shine his light

They are screwing with Vettel on his pitstops too. They have nothing to gain if Vettel beats Leclerc. But if they fvck with him and screw his races, then in their minds, they think it will look positive. I hope Sainz is having some second thoughts, but at this point there's nothing he can do about it.

If Vettel can't even get basic info on his tyres and pitstops, does anyone really think they are listening to him with regards to his car setup, feel and so on? Obviously not.

Ferrari are so bats##t incompetent at present, that even Binotto looks to be safe in his position. Madness. I sure miss Monty, Arrivabene and Domenicali. I don't miss Marchionne however. I don't wish ill will towards him or his family, but I never warmed to him, even when he passed away.

On 10/21/2020 at 1:38 PM, KoolMonkey said:

They are screwing with Vettel on his pitstops too. They have nothing to gain if Vettel beats Leclerc. But if they fvck with him and screw his races, then in their minds, they think it will look positive. I hope Sainz is having some second thoughts, but at this point there's nothing he can do about it.

If Vettel can't even get basic info on his tyres and pitstops, does anyone really think they are listening to him with regards to his car setup, feel and so on? Obviously not.

Ferrari are so bats##t incompetent at present, that even Binotto looks to be safe in his position. Madness. I sure miss Monty, Arrivabene and Domenicali. I don't miss Marchionne however. I don't wish ill will towards him or his family, but I never warmed to him, even when he passed away.

...yet on one forum a British lawyer tag him with moniker "professional complainer".  He received a number of thumbs up for it. (I've kept my thumb in my pocket.)

Date 2020.10.23   Time 15:50 (UTC)

When it comes to the internal combustion engines, four drivers are set to race with a fresh unit at Algarve. Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc, Racing Point’s Sergio Perez, Alfa Romeo’s Kimi Räikkönen and Haas’ Romain Grosjean will roll out on the track with a brand-new ICE on Saturday. All four drivers have used two ICEs so far with the Sporting Regulation providing all drivers with an allocation of three units.

...and Sebastian?

Date 2020.10.24   Time 19:20 (UTC)

Vettel says Leclerc's pace is currently in ‘another league’ after another Q2 exit

I think he was talking about the car, and not about driver's skills as some articles seems to suggest. 

11 hours ago, Sakae said:

Date 2020.10.24   Time 19:20 (UTC)

I think he was talking about the car, and not about driver's skills as some articles seems to suggest. 

Correct.. He's referring to the big difference between the cars...

On 10/23/2020 at 5:51 PM, Sakae said:

Date 2020.10.23   Time 15:50 (UTC)

...and Sebastian?

U seem surprised by this

5 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

U seem surprised by this

Date 2020.10.25   Time 6:32 (UTC)

Not really; it was supposed to be rather sarcastic observation. Hatred and unfairness in media towards this driver is overwhelming. Perhaps it reflects soul and hypocrisy of that nation.

19 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Date 2020.10.25   Time 6:32 (UTC)

Not really; it was supposed to be rather sarcastic observation. Hatred and unfairness in media towards this driver is overwhelming. Perhaps it reflects soul and hypocrisy of that nation.

Gotcha

Did you see Binotto's cowardly comments towards Vettel after the race. Is there anything to love about Ferrari F1 team anymore? Can't think of a single thing

5 hours ago, KoolMonkey said:

"When it comes to the internal combustion engines, four drivers are set to race with a fresh unit at Algarve. Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc, Racing Point’s Sergio Perez, Alfa Romeo’s Kimi Räikkönen and Haas’ Romain Grosjean will roll out on the track with a brand-new ICE on Saturday. All four drivers have used two ICEs so far with the Sporting Regulation providing all drivers with an allocation of three units."

Did you see Binotto's cowardly comments towards Vettel after the race. Is there anything to love about Ferrari F1 team anymore? Can't think of a single thing

He's claiming they have equal machinery. Vettel doesn't think so...

"However, Vettel's post-race comments in Portugal to German broadcaster RTL are unlikely to satisfy those with suspicious minds. "On the one hand, I'm satisfied because I had the feeling that I drove a good race," he said. "I had a hard time at the beginning, lost places, and almost lost the car two or three times. After that I actually drove a good race. "But, on the other hand, it is obvious that the other car is much faster. Where I lose time? I have been biting my tongue all year long. Some idiot might never figure it out, but am I a complete idiot? I doubt it. "At some point you should be lucky and hit the limit. I never hit it and if I do, then only with a lot of difficulty. On the other side [of the garage] it looks much easier."

Who do you believe? I don't think the fans are as stupid as Binotto thinks we are...

Date 2020.10.26   Time 8:18 (UTC)

BINOTTO: WITHOUT A DOUBT SEB AND CHARLES’ CARS ARE IDENTICAL

In relative terms, maybe so. Hard to tell by us siting outside Ferrari racing complex. In absolute terms, definitely no. There is no such thing as technically two identical cars, and Mr. Binotto - as an engineer - knows that. Statement undoubtedly was uttered for media consumption. Those who doubt me, please ask yourself a simple question. If for sake of discussion "cars are the same", in whose driving style configuration setup then they are fielded? Had both driver's the same engine issue mounted in this race? We could dig deep in manufacturing variances, and so on. 

This is what I can detect:

1. Increasingly acrimonious relationship between a driver and Ferrari management.
  2. Sebastian is undoubtedly mentally worn out by adversarial environment which includes hostile media, fans, and overall inability to improve his standing this year. Overall his hopes and aims for his time at Ferrari left him drained and empty. He is tired with fractured focus. That's what I see from the distance.
  3. Vettel needs a car to match his driving style. Newey, distracted by hybrid configuration did not meet that target, and refused to change in 2014, especially as DR was OK with it. Vettel was anyway under pressure to leave. Media couldn't take another WDC for him, and nasty campaign was ON. RB was in negative PR situation. Ferrari never could meet Vettel's specs either. As an observer of this sport I don't believe mantra that a driver must be able to drive any car in any setup and win. I can state it confidently only because it did not happened yet in this series. Neither Alonso or Hamilton won a race in a car which wasn't set to match their driving style. Especially Hamilton excels in letting whole world know that his car wasn't "right". Driving a car is one thing. Winning a series with it is something else.
  4. It is abnormal to see one race after another one driver sits in top 5 on the grid, and 4x champ in last 5 on the grid. That doesn't make any sense to me.

I am beginning to re-evaluate Dr. Marko's advice, which I've initially rejected, but seeing results, Sebastian most likely would have been better off to sit out this year, and calm his mind, as was suggested to him by his (former) mentor. Should, would, but wasn't, and that's where we are.

It is not so certain that he will be able to free himself over winter from this disaster. This will haunt him for rest of his life. 

20 minutes ago, Sakae said:

It is abnormal to see one race after another one driver sits in top 5 on the grid, and 4x champ in last 5 on the grid. That doesn't make any sense to me.

It makes perfect sense to me. Do not, at any cost, while we recover, let Seb beat the golden boy!

It exposes them either way as... liars!

3 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

It makes perfect sense to me. Do not, at any cost, while we recover, let See beat the golden boy!

Sounds too extreme, even for this sport, Brad. Admittedly this would be first time for me to encounter that degree of vindictiveness, if that's what it is. I am continuing to believe that car is not suited for his driving style, and Ferrari is pretty blasé about it as their focus is fragmented into too many directions; Charles, equipment improvement, resources reduction to meet budgetary requirements, new car design, etc. Seb's refusal to take pay-cut obviously did not help him, but I don't blame him for that, taking into consideration what happened after winter. 

36 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Sounds too extreme, even for this sport, Brad. Admittedly this would be first time for me to encounter that degree of vindictiveness, if that's what it is. I am continuing to believe that car is not suited for his driving style, and Ferrari is pretty blasé about it as their focus is fragmented into too many directions; Charles, equipment improvement, resources reduction to meet budgetary requirements, new car design, etc. Seb's refusal to take pay-cut obviously did not help him, but I don't blame him for that, taking into consideration what happened after winter. 

Yes... I have read about that...

Leclerc and Vettel has totally different driving styles and development is now geared towards Leclerc, understandably so.

So, in a way, you can't tell me that it is too extreme an opinion when they don't look after the other driver's need to perform to the best at his level. The signs were there from the off this year... 

8 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Yes... I have read about that...

Leclerc and Vettel has totally different driving styles and development is now geared towards Leclerc, understandably so.

So, in a way, you can't tell me that it is too extreme an opinion when they don't look after the other driver's need to perform to the best at his level. The signs were there from the off this year... 

Yes, I am not sure, and I am just guessing. "Ferrari is pretty blasé about it" as noted in my post basically agrees with you. Mine are just based on believe that most of human beings even in their worst remain still basically decent. What is happening to Vettel is intersection of too many vectors.

58 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Yes, I am not sure, and I am just guessing. "Ferrari is pretty blasé about it" as noted in my post basically agrees with you. Mine are just based on believe that most of human beings even in their worst remain still basically decent. What is happening to Vettel is intersection of too many vectors.

Like that

Although I'm disappointed with Ferrari with the way they have treated Vettel, I personally would release them of any misdoings in this case. I think they are trying their level best to offer a competitive equipment to both their drivers. Ferrari don't have anything to gain from keeping vettel too far behind Leclerc. They need points this season, and any contribution from Vettel is good, and they know this.

I can understand it is difficult, Especially for his fans, to comprehend that a 4 times WDC is facing such a slump. But he has lost his motivation, and eventually his speed.

We can just hope that a fresh project at AM next year helps reinvigorate his approach towards each race weekend. For his own sake, he can make use of a better package.

Date 2020.10.30   Time 9:38 (UTC)

Ralf's wisdom.

I have no idea what is Ralf selling with his comments? Vettel gets fired 5 races to go because he thinks his car is not competitive?

Then he says - the only person who can say I am leaving is Seb.

So, what is it? Can Ferrari make him to leave, or it's up to him?

Pretty weird article, or it's me who has no understanding what the poet is telling us. Fact is, whole relationship is broken. Seb is unable with his skills to achieve better results (so he says). 

The end cannot come soon enough, says Sakae.

10 minutes ago, Sakae said:

I have no idea what is Ralf selling with his comments?

A seat, for Mick Schumacher, before the end of this season.

4 minutes ago, blackpebel said:

A seat, for Mick Schumacher, before the end of this season.

He is talking about Ferrari and Vettel. Mick is not mentioned in that particular article, so why bring it up?

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

He is talking about Ferrari and Vettel. Mick is not mentioned in that particular article, so why bring it up?

Because you quoted the article by Ralf...

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Ralf's wisdom.

And you had no idea about what Ralf's motive for such a article would be...

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

I have no idea what is Ralf selling with his comments?

I offered my 2 cents for why.. Since Alfa Romeo Doors are closed for Mick Next year, maybe if there is a vacant seat at Ferrari this year, Ferrari could consider, Maybe???

But as Ralf says in the article, its not possible till Vettel decides not to race..

Ferrari will not hire Mick. Not now. Maybe 5 years from now. It depends on many factors. They hired LeClerc to lead them for next 5 years, in the case you didn't noticed.

Mick has to look for his future in F1 elsewhere from Ferrari stable. I also think Ralf is aware of that situation. His comments about Vettel are unrelated to Mick. As it is shaping up, Mick is in danger of not driving in F1 at all in his life, that's how bad it is at the moment, yet he might replace someone next year, who knows. As of today Haas has yet to confirm their drivers, and so is Williams and RBR.

Mick Schumacher and Yuki Tsunoda are lining up with others for very few seats available.