Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Ferrari 2021

Date 2020.10.30   Time 13:21 (UTC)

How phone call to Sebastian was in making.

"Did Seb get in the way? No," he (Binotto) said. "He did not hang up the phone. He is a very intelligent person, a beautiful person and he has maintained his character during a season in which there has been no lack of difficulties.

"He was never negative – instead he was pro-active and he was a very respectable person."

It's difficult for me to reconcile these kind of comments with those I've hear from UK, seeping with nastiness, defamation, and malice.

And, he added, with an oblique reference to the team's troubles with the car this year: "The drivers today are really the least of our problems..."

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Date 2020.10.30   Time 13:21 (UTC)

How phone call to Sebastian was in making.

I don't believe a word you say Binotto Now that the media is questioning the car differences that you've conveniently adjusted to Leclerc's driving style, you have been caught out!!!! You have made Vettel look like a mediocre driver!!!I have two words for you...

**** off!!!

2 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

There you go.. a Picture tells a thousand stories... The state of affairs...

http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/742815/Has_Grosjean_Accidentally_Revealed_Why_Ferrari_Are_Struggling_This_Year/

Yes, I've seen it yesterday. However picture of that kind is not new. i've written about cracks in teh relationship when hiring of LeClerc was announced during new car presentation. All brass had their new hope between them, whereas Vettel was left on the outside and separated from the main group. I was surprised how little, if anything, was written about this clear "writing on the wall". I've felt then in my bones that something was terribly wrong. I think conditional plan to separate from Vettel happened in my estimation in mid 2017/early in 2018. Seb was never their man.

12 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Yes, I've seen it yesterday. However picture of that kind is not new. i've written about cracks in teh relationship when hiring of LeClerc was announced during new car presentation. All brass had their new hope between them, whereas Vettel was left on the outside and separated from the main group. I was surprised how little, if anything, was written about this clear "writing on the wall". I've felt then in my bones that something was terribly wrong. I think conditional plan to separate from Vettel happened in my estimation in mid 2017/early in 2018. Seb was never their man.

It was amazing how you picked that up with that pic. I did'nt "see" until you pointed it out...

4 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

It was amazing how you picked that up with that pic. I did'nt "see" until you pointed it out...

It was there in the open for all to see. We just read some situations differently. That's what they say - facts are the same, but our interpretation of the same differs.

Body language says alot. However Ferrari don't take too kindly to drivers who don't bring home the Championship. Leclerc won't be smiling like that in years to come.

Binotto doesn't give a crap about Vettel. He's also a flat out liar claiming the cars are indentical. I don't think so. Even heavy critics of Vettel have been saying for several months that Vettel is not that much slower than Leclerc. However the times make it look like he's crap.

So what's changed? Well for starters Binotto booted out Vettel like the coward clown that he is.

What happens when a driver is leaving a team? They don't get priority. They also don't get new parts. They don't get briefings. They don't get listened to with their feedback. They get ignored and giving BS PR speak until they are out of the team.

In every fiber of my dna I wish next year Vettel will bring home the Aston for regular podiums -- whilst beating Leclerc.

9 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Hey, who's that cutie on the right😍

Ferrari (and probably almost all teams) have on staff personnel who do document team's PR activities, record interviews, and similar work. If I am not mistaken, each driver has assigned one (girl). If you watch an interview in the paddock with a driver, there would be a girl near by in the background documenting situation (who said what to whom and why).

14 minutes ago, KoolMonkey said:

Body language says alot. However Ferrari don't take too kindly to drivers who don't bring home the Championship. Leclerc won't be smiling like that in years to come.

Binotto doesn't give a crap about Vettel. He's also a flat out liar claiming the cars are indentical. I don't think so. Even heavy critics of Vettel have been saying for several months that Vettel is not that much slower than Leclerc. However the times make it look like he's crap.

So what's changed? Well for starters Binotto booted out Vettel like the coward clown that he is.

What happens when a driver is leaving a team? They don't get priority. They also don't get new parts. They don't get briefings. They don't get listened to with their feedback. They get ignored and giving BS PR speak until they are out of the team.

In every fiber of my dna I wish next year Vettel will bring home the Aston for regular podiums -- whilst beating Leclerc.

There is one reoccurring pattern with Binotto. I am noticing when there is a problem, he is not solving it. He removes it. He removed Ari, now Seb, he is dumping rear of the car, and did not fix engine. They also dump current one, and making a new one for next year. Well, we each have our way how to solve our problems.

4 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Ferrari (and probably almost all teams) have on staff personnel who do document team's PR activities, record interviews, and similar work. If I am not mistaken, each driver has assigned one (girl). If you watch an interview in the paddock with a driver, there would be a girl near by in the background documenting situation (who said what to whom and why).

Wish she was... uhm, asssigned to me...

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

There is one reoccurring pattern with Binotto. I am noticing when there is a problem, he is not solving it. He removes it. He removed Ari, now Seb, he is dumping rear of the car, and did not fix engine. They also dump current one, and making a new one for next year. Well, we each have our way how to solve our problems.

One more thing to add. They don't win or lose as a team either. For the clown, whatever Vettel does gives him a platform to criticise him. And of course he can continue to kiss Leclercs a## at each opportunity.

However if Leclerc doesn't win a championship, he will be booted out of that team as well. Since he's a moaning git I look forward to that day.

However Binotto is a fraud. Ari was 100x the team leader than he is, but he forced a either it's him or me move and Ari got dumped. Not only that, Binotto is failing on two jobs. Isn't he still the head designer and engine "guru"? And leading the team, making sure your getting the best out of each driver, he's bad on the level of Claire Williams bad.

However the "game" he is playing will buy him a few more years in the job, until people and the owners finally realise he really is a fraud. They already have a free pass for next year too, so no matter how much they suck next year, he'll be safe in his job.

Now just imagine how good they could be if they actually got some talented leaders...

4 hours ago, KoolMonkey said:

One more thing to add. They don't win or lose as a team either. For the clown, whatever Vettel does gives him a platform to criticise him. And of course he can continue to kiss Leclercs a## at each opportunity.

However if Leclerc doesn't win a championship, he will be booted out of that team as well. Since he's a moaning git I look forward to that day.

However Binotto is a fraud. Ari was 100x the team leader than he is, but he forced a either it's him or me move and Ari got dumped. Not only that, Binotto is failing on two jobs. Isn't he still the head designer and engine "guru"? And leading the team, making sure your getting the best out of each driver, he's bad on the level of Claire Williams bad.

However the "game" he is playing will buy him a few more years in the job, until people and the owners finally realise he really is a fraud. They already have a free pass for next year too, so no matter how much they suck next year, he'll be safe in his job.

Now just imagine how good they could be if they actually got some talented leaders...

It is hard these day from outside to understand the issue. I am convinced we (on the roofs) do not fully appreciate nuances which are beyond team's control. Simply put, to do what's necessary on car development. Regulations are so screwed up (IMO), that we do not fully understand parameters of this situation. 

Choice of a leader is one thing, but you need a unified, competent team. Michael Schumacher had it. He had LdM who did not interfere with the team's management under J.Todt, then people in his team were cohesive, despite their national differences. Would a non-Italian leader manage to penetrate Italian wall of silence and resistance? Hard to say. I am not that sure it's so simple. Maybe a leader as a singularity is not enough, and he needs best of the best on the team regardless what kind of passport they possess. 

5 hours ago, Sakae said:

It is hard these day from outside to understand the issue. I am convinced we (on the roofs) do not fully appreciate nuances which are beyond team's control. Simply put, to do what's necessary on car development. Regulations are so screwed up (IMO), that we do not fully understand parameters of this situation. 

Choice of a leader is one thing, but you need a unified, competent team. Michael Schumacher had it. He had LdM who did not interfere with the team's management under J.Todt, then people in his team were cohesive, despite their national differences. Would a non-Italian leader manage to penetrate Italian wall of silence and resistance? Hard to say. I am not that sure it's so simple. Maybe a leader as a singularity is not enough, and he needs best of the best on the team regardless what kind of passport they possess. 

That's a very good summary on what I feel is wrong with the current leadership at the moment Sakae...

On 11/2/2020 at 1:38 PM, KoolMonkey said:

Leclerc is super talented, there is no doubt about THAT. He showed that with his first year at Alfa Romeo, AND his first year at Ferrari. It's a shame that his talent is going unrecognised because he is regularly getting the better off, and being compared to someone who has won '4 world titles.' Come to think of it, so did Ricciardo.

A faster car than Leclerc probably is the only way vettel can beat him.

38 minutes ago, blackpebel said:

A faster car than Leclerc probably is the only way vettel can beat him.

Lets start with (relatively) equal cars first, and if it doesn't works, then we can try your humiliating suggestion. One design and setup for LeClerc, and another one for Vettel. Then you can talk.

2 hours ago, Sakae said:

Lets start with (relatively) equal cars first, and if it doesn't works, then we can try your humiliating suggestion. One design and setup for LeClerc, and another one for Vettel. Then you can talk.

If there is anything that has been humiliating off lately, Its Vettels own performance. And its not just me who can see it. His fans choose to look at his situation through biased spectacles, and I'm not someone who would judge their emotions, after all they are his ardent fans.

Unfortunately, He is short on many levels for what a 4 times world champion should be about.

I'm talking now, after having experienced Vettels performance against 2 new teammates in past, who both got better of him in their first year. Unequal cars in both the cases? Mmmm, Nah,,, I don't think so.

With Ferrari, I guess equal cars was already tried and tested in 2019, and we all know how that went.

If this years car is NOT equal, as you say, the loss is that of Ferrari, Not Vettel. Coz if that's true then Vettel should show his true skills next year, right? We will just have to wait for that answer I guess. I'm personally against the notion that Ferrari is willfully trying to sabotage Vettel's Race, but I wont say I'm sure.

1 hour ago, blackpebel said:

If there is anything that has been humiliating off lately, Its Vettels own performance. And its not just me who can see it. His fans choose to look at his situation through biased spectacles, and I'm not someone who would judge their emotions, after all they are his ardent fans.

Unfortunately, He is short on many levels for what a 4 times world champion should be about.

I'm talking now, after having experienced Vettels performance against 2 new teammates in past, who both got better of him in their first year. Unequal cars in both the cases? Mmmm, Nah,,, I don't think so.

With Ferrari, I guess equal cars was already tried and tested in 2019, and we all know how that went.

If this years car is NOT equal, as you say, the loss is that of Ferrari, Not Vettel. Coz if that's true then Vettel should show his true skills next year, right? We will just have to wait for that answer I guess. I'm personally against the notion that Ferrari is willfully trying to sabotage Vettel's Race, but I wont say I'm sure.

It seems to me that you are not much different from many others who do lack of even basic understanding what makes cars different for a driver, despite being painted by similar shades of paint, and carrying the same number of decals. Just because people saying cars are the same, it doesn't make it factual. I will remind you of a historical case at Ferrari, when Kimi looked totally inept in comparison to Alonso, then his teammate, both in allegedly in the same cars. It was much later revealed the car was designed to characteristics accommodating Alonso's driving style, and totally to Kimi's detriment. Ferrari didn't care about Kimi. Today, why don't you consider what the engineer said about AlphaTauri this week - we work on stabilizing car's rear, and that's why we are achieving good results. Vettel could use some of it.

2 hours ago, blackpebel said:

No. It is humiliating how YOU cannot see anything wrong with the characteristics of the car.direction and then blame it on Vettel's own performance. What world do you live in???

Every other F1 enthusiast can see it!!!

If Gasly can make such good use of the limited facilities available at Alpha Tauri, we can hope that Aston Martin would be able to make the most of the support that they get next year.

This team has been very efficient since their Force India days. Pound for pound, this is a very good racing team overall, possibly even better next year.

You can hope they would give vettel the right setup he is looking for.

I don't think Dr. Marko is saying Sebastian needs a best car on the grid. He certainly needs a competitive car, but a one which complements his driving style. That's what I take from that. Vettel certainly doesn't need another Ferrari with unstable rear which is more closer to a rodeo style dancing horse, than a stable Mercedes.

7 hours ago, blackpebel said:

What Marko thinks vettel needs 

I'll pray that he gets a car that is close to his needs of perfection next year.

What do you take from that? That Vettel needs a perfect car?

"The Red Bull was not a winning car then, Mercedes was miles ahead. If Sebastian is one with a car, he is hard to beat."

DTM champion Bernd Schneider also believes that the current disappointing performance of Vettel at Ferrari is not necessarily due to the driver himself. "Sebastian has certainly not forgotten how to drive. So the big difference with Leclerc must have to do with the car."

Did you even read the post???