Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Ferrari 2021

Date 2020.11.05   Time 19:53 (UTC)

Seb puts me to shame

JV - Vettel has problems because the car is tuned up to LeClerc's driving style.

SV - No. I should be able to drive anything. This year something is missing.

This is rather strange. But i have deeply rooted distrust into articles posted by this site. Especially this year...

I am sort off on the same page with JV, but how can I argue against Seb's self-assessment? I am not sure how accurate that record however is about who said what. Webpage which posted the article doesn't has IMO best record regarding accuracy of quotes, and is inclined quite often to twist knife in the wound, especially when Vettel' name is on the deck. Vettel's quote may or may not be accurate within the context that discussion has taken place.

I think JV is right about Vettel. He is also not the first driver this year to make a claim that the Ferrari cars are not identical.

Ferrari have shown form that they are willing to veer significantly to one side of the garage in terms of car setup. Alonso being the prime example. Developing the car and setup towards Leclerc is both logical, and to some extent proven by past actions of Ferrari.

Here's my take on Vettel. He's self critical. He will take the blame sometimes even if the team was at fault. That's who he is. Thus him saying he should be able to drive anything... if he indeed said it, could also be a question of his. Like surely I should be able to drive anything? Or believing the lies Ferrari are selling him that his car is identical to Leclercs, and thus his mind is racing trying to answer that question of, well if the cars are the same, why can I not produce the same type of results as Leclerc?

There is definitely something fishy going on at Ferrari. You only have to seen the snide, arrogant and rude way Binotto speaks about Vettel to the press to see this. If he is dissing his driver like this publicly, what do you think he's doing behind the scenes.

I've said it many times this year, but I'm over this year already. Yay Hamilton becomes statistically the "greatest". Big whoop. Nothing like beating the entire field with two hands whilst they all have one hand tied behind their backs. But bring on the Knighthood I say! Sir Woke. Sir Tryhard. Sir I havetoomuchmoneyandnofashionsense. Sir Iappeartobesociallyretarded. Sir ItsbecauseImblack. Sir Whogivesas##t!

KM, you are one of rare posters I came across, who seems to understand this driver very well. Kudos to you. Yes, Seb is (sometimes over) self-critical, and some english language sites do take advantage of it, turning it into conclusions never meant to be. 

16 hours ago, KoolMonkey said:

I think JV is right about Vettel. He is also not the first driver this year to make a claim that the Ferrari cars are not identical.

Ferrari have shown form that they are willing to veer significantly to one side of the garage in terms of car setup. Alonso being the prime example. Developing the car and setup towards Leclerc is both logical, and to some extent proven by past actions of Ferrari.

Here's my take on Vettel. He's self critical. He will take the blame sometimes even if the team was at fault. That's who he is. Thus him saying he should be able to drive anything... if he indeed said it, could also be a question of his. Like surely I should be able to drive anything? Or believing the lies Ferrari are selling him that his car is identical to Leclercs, and thus his mind is racing trying to answer that question of, well if the cars are the same, why can I not produce the same type of results as Leclerc?

There is definitely something fishy going on at Ferrari. You only have to seen the snide, arrogant and rude way Binotto speaks about Vettel to the press to see this. If he is dissing his driver like this publicly, what do you think he's doing behind the scenes.

I've said it many times this year, but I'm over this year already. Yay Hamilton becomes statistically the "greatest". Big whoop. Nothing like beating the entire field with two hands whilst they all have one hand tied behind their backs. But bring on the Knighthood I say! Sir Woke. Sir Tryhard. Sir I havetoomuchmoneyandnofashionsense. Sir Iappeartobesociallyretarded. Sir ItsbecauseImblack. Sir Whogivesas##t!

Beautiful post

23 hours ago, KoolMonkey said:

Agree with almost everything here KM.

Sad words by Vettel, but I think this is positive in the long run. I think the shock of being let go by Ferrari and seeing how they have treated him, has caused some soul searching for Vettel, but I feel he might be closing that chapter in a positive manner. Getting 3rd at Turkey was fantastic and a great drive by him. Total silence from Binotto and Ferrari. I think I saw maybe one article or comments from Binotto in a positive way. But its pathetic how blatant they are treating him. And I couldn't believe but both Crofty and Brundle were for once not trashing Vettel either.

As for Ferrari, WE GET IT BINOTTO, YOU DON'T LIKE VETTEL. But even Guenther Steiner is treating GRO better at this point and I'm sure NO one likes GRO in that team or along the pitlane.

Just like any breakups, there are phases. Shock, grief, acceptance. Vettel is at acceptance. The season will be over soon thank goodness and he can unwind with his family. Then bring on next year. I just hope the AM's aren't Pink, please God no lol. But Vettel is going to do very very well next year, I can feel it!

14 hours ago, KoolMonkey said:

Sad words by Vettel, but I think this is positive in the long run. I think the shock of being let go by Ferrari and seeing how they have treated him, has caused some soul searching for Vettel, but I feel he might be closing that chapter in a positive manner. Getting 3rd at Turkey was fantastic and a great drive by him. Total silence from Binotto and Ferrari. I think I saw maybe one article or comments from Binotto in a positive way. But its pathetic how blatant they are treating him. And I couldn't believe but both Crofty and Brundle were for once not trashing Vettel either.

As for Ferrari, WE GET IT BINOTTO, YOU DON'T LIKE VETTEL. But even Guenther Steiner is treating GRO better at this point and I'm sure NO one likes GRO in that team or along the pitlane.

Just like any breakups, there are phases. Shock, grief, acceptance. Vettel is at acceptance. The season will be over soon thank goodness and he can unwind with his family. Then bring on next year. I just hope the AM's aren't Pink, please God no lol. But Vettel is going to do very very well next year, I can feel it!

What would be helpful, and I am not setting my hope too high, if Sebastian ends this season with one or two reasonably good races. Last race was really process of healing for our souls, despite that an English website rated him only at 8.5 out of 10. 

"It was a tough year for me. I doubted myself very much. I'm just going to say it: I haven't accomplished anything," says Vettel in conversation with Die Zeit.

"The situation is also far from the easiest. The love between the team and me is over," continues the four-time world champion. "Yet I am still very motivated. I'm 33 now and at 40 I want to stop racing."

Seb, I am looking forward to next 7 years then.

At this point, is there any genuine Ferrari fans left?

Binotto is supposed to be an engineer afterall, not just a clueless team leader. I hope they stink it up next year as well. I will feel sorry for Sainz, but not for Leclerc.

Date 2020.11.22   Time 17:53 (UTC)

Vettel now comfortable with Ferrari SF1000 after 'difficult season', says Binotto

Hmm, OK. 

12 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Date 2020.11.22   Time 17:53 (UTC)

Hmm, OK. 

Oh really???. No, the rainy conditions just evened the playing field Binotto. The car is still suited to your golden child's driving style

Date 2020.12.11   Time 23:41 (UTC)

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/750083/Ferrari_CEO_retires_with_immediate_effect/

Abu Dhabi Grand Prix – Ferrari CEO Louis Camilleri has made a shock decision to retire from his position on Ferrari’s Board of Directors.

Ferrari’s Chief Executive Officer Louis Camilleri has retired from his position and from Ferrari’s Board of Directors with immediate effect.

Noted.

What next?? Binnoto to take the place of Camillari so they can justify replacing the TP for the scuderia?

I won't be surprised...

Date 2020.12.11   Time 7:10 (UTC)

Statement says that Ferrari is in the process of identifying his successor. Camilleri initially replaced now deceased Marchionne and was responsible as his predecessor for more than just F1 group. I didn't follow his life, but he supposedly did well in road car business. Binotto might not be qualified to take over a such expanded role, I do suspect. Moreover, I am not sure whether his name would resonate well on a stock exchange after this year performance in racing, but who knows. Life sometimes takes weird turns. 

1 hour ago, blackpebel said:

What next?? Binnoto to take the place of Camillari so they can justify replacing the TP for the scuderia?

I won't be surprised...

Please no...

Similar pictures can be seen during Leclerc's intro to the team and public. Nothing wrong with that, except that Vettel was placed on the far end from them. It gave birth in my mind to proverbial "writing on the wall"; I could not believe it, but now we know Seb's welcome at Maranello was coming to the end the moment new driver was hired. I have no doubt anymore there was a plan about change in driver's lineup formulated in 2018.

Mick better talks with Seb little more than just about a girlfriend and football. 

Date 2020.12.11   Time 9:28 (UTC)

grandprix.com

Finally, as he races out his career with Ferrari this weekend, Sebastian Vettel has revealed that he never had a great relationship with team boss Binotto.

"We respect each other a lot, but there was never the kind of love that is the basis of some kinds of relationships," the quadruple world champion told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

Well, that is not surprising, and perhaps only part of the problem. One can only ask what are true reasons for Camilleri's departure. I don't think he was dismissed, but given "family reasons" is wearing thin on me. Too many adveserial inner situations about F1 division? 

Budget related cuts are coming. Vettel is one, Who is next?

54 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Date 2020.12.11   Time 9:28 (UTC)

grandprix.com

Well, that is not surprising, and perhaps only part of the problem. One can only ask what are true reasons for Camilleri's departure. I don't think he was dismissed, but given "family reasons" is wearing thin on me. Too many adveserial inner situations about F1 division? 

Budget related cuts are coming. Vettel is one, Who is next?

I saw right through Binotto, right from the start The guy shud go back to engineering