Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Ferrari 2021

7 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Please no...

Yean ,,, I mean.. maybe not replace camilliari per se, but.. If I understand Ferrari, they will offer Binotto a 'promotion' to bring someone else in his place..

LOL ..

This is just my stupid brain thinking stuff up based on my understanding of Ferrari BTW...

Date 2020.12.12   Time 10:32 (UTC)

Inevitable conspiracy theories dominating internet in which departing Ferrari CEO dominates headlines. They are all possible and we can talk about them with tantalising scepticism. There is however one plausible explanation closer to the ground for his decision. He is, or was badly hit with COVID, something I wasn't aware off, and he might not be fully recovered as yet. That is being revealed only now in sources I usually consult. (He witdrew also from Phillips Morris.)

I don't know if his personal health is a governing cause at the root for his decision, nor I would know whether that is the only reason, but I must admit to a personal believe, that in life and death situations we see world in different light. It is an experience which is being repeated by many who went through this with similar difficulties.

For now I will afford Ferrari my benefit of doubt, and wish for Mr. Camilleri full recovery.

Date 2020.12.13   Time 8:24 (UTC)

grandprix.com

Sebastian Vettel says he is "relieved" that he has reached the end of his final season at Ferrari.

"It's a mystery why the delta between the two cars is so big," Vettel told Ziggo Sport. "I don't think there's such a big gap anywhere else in the pitlane.

"The last race will be a bit emotional but I'm both happy and relieved that it's over."

(GMM)

...Amen.

There is of course the other thing, namely, he has to now prove at his new work-place, that he is not "spent force". Fair or not, that will be expected, waited for, and smudged big if he falters.

Sebastian Vettel received emotional and friendly good buy from his team. As it should be. From now on his tenure will be just etched in his memory. 

3 hours ago, Sakae said:

Sebastian Vettel received emotional and friendly good buy from his team. As it should be. From now on his tenure will be just etched in his memory. 

Yep

spacer.png

Thank God Binotto is not here..

spacer.png

9 hours ago, Sakae said:

*Double post*

Unless Binotto has covid... why wasn't he there as a show of respect for Vettel? Oh that's right, because he doesn't respect him and is incompetent.

I'm glad this season is over. There is only one thing I enjoyed this year and that was going back to proper real race tracks and venues. Sadly we'll be back at the dumpster fire locations next year. Booo.

14 minutes ago, KoolMonkey said:

Unless Binotto has covid... why wasn't he there as a show of respect for Vettel? Oh that's right, because he doesn't respect him and is incompetent.

I'm glad this season is over. There is only one thing I enjoyed this year and that was going back to proper real race tracks and venues. Sadly we'll be back at the dumpster fire locations next year. Booo.

Yes, wondered about that too as I posted that pic

7 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

"He prepared the lyrics and kept it in his glove, then he proceeded to take his gloves off to open it and sing."

What a guy 🙌

Respect!!!!!!!

DI MONTEZEMOLO: I KNOW FERRARI’S PROBLEMS, I CAN FIX THEM

This is a right man for the job. Always was. Marchionne was just too greedy, collecting titles when he pushed him out.

For Seb however it's too late. Would Luca taking him back? I doubt it, but it would be nice.

23 minutes ago, Sakae said:

This is a right man for the job. Always was. Marchionne was just too greedy, collecting titles when he pushed him out.

For Seb however it's too late. Would Luca taking him back? I doubt it, but it would be nice.

I thought the same thing when I saw the heading. He will steer Ferrari in the right direction

6 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

I thought the same thing when I saw the heading. He will steer Ferrari in the right direction

Job wasn't offered yet. In the past I was angry with Sergio for dirty job he has done on him.

No disrespect to the dead, but when he was alive and even now I have no issues with stating I loathed Marchionne. Wrong person for the job. Wrong vibe. No passion. Not fit to head an esteemed team like Ferrari. Firing Arrivabene and replacing him with Binotto has to be the dumbest change to a team head since Claire Williams was installed as the figurehead.

I'd love Luca to come back to F1, just like I've wanted Ron to come back. Flavio can fvck off though he's a cancer.

But imagine Luca as head and bringing back Arrivabene and Domenicali in some capacity. Booting Leclerc and getting Verstappen as their star driver. That would be a team heading on he up I would think. As for the tech department, Pinocchio has to go he's a fraud. Newey won't come so I'm not sure who they could get other than maybe they poach and hire some of the Merc crew.

But as I've said before, Ferrari will not be a team I support again. Bring on the Aston Martin, and hopefully some James Bond tie in haha

Date 2020.12.22   Time 12:57 (UTC)

Sainz eyes longer than two-year Ferrari stay

This is why I've said several times already, Mick Schumacher has to get out and hook up with another team ASAP, because with Binotto at the helm, he is going nowhere. Binotto is pretending to look after his future only because who Mick is, but in reality, based on his actions,  Binotto couldn't care less. Sending him to Haas...geez.

Yeah bad bad move on Mick's part. I think he should re-consider his ties to Ferrari as well.

Haas is a massive clvsterfvck of a team. With the Mazepin singing, they have lost whatever meager morsel of credibility they had. But the writing was on the wall when they kept, year after year after year, re-signing Gro and Mag. Hulk is better than those two with his eyes closed. As some of the ex Torro Rosso / RBR drivers too. You got Stoffel rotting away as well.

So it doesn't surprise me one bit to see Haas run like the shambles that they are. Best they are bought out and they can leave. Whatever Ferrari are thinking of doing with them as a B-team will just be wasted money, but then again I don't wish any good things to happen to Ferrari.

If Alfa decide to part ways with Ferrari then I'll be happy too. They are too good a team to be stuck where they are now due to the dud Ferrari engine.

Mick was quoted that he was hoping to partner Kimi in his first year. Obviously it wasn't meant to be.

IMO the Japanese driver has much better chance to go somewhere, having taken into consideration his team's resources. Different energy there.

18 hours ago, Sakae said:

Mick was quoted that he was hoping to partner Kimi in his first year. Obviously it wasn't meant to be.

IMO the Japanese driver has much better chance to go somewhere, having taken into consideration his team's resources. Different energy there.

I've noticed for a while now, there's quite a bond between the 2, Kimster and Mick. Nice to see

8 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

2019 power plant is there to be admired for its innovation. Sophistication was at the level which eluded FiA, a regulatory body which ultimately in its infinite wisdom decided to mandated a change (just for sake of seeing as responding to external outcry foul, foul, foul). Dubious response crippled Ferrari badly as evidenced from 2020 results.

Anyone who wants to claim that Italians are incompetent is making political judgement not based on facts. It is not proper to accuse Ferrari from cheating. For that to be sure one needs to prove it first. Rivals were hopping mad not because optics suggested Ferrari was "cheating", but because red team beat them in their own game, and rivals wanted a piece of that technical know-how for themselves to explore it, and exploit it. Years of observation how F1 works, behaves, and projects its dirt for all to see leaves me without doubt what was at the centre of their objections. 

F1 lives on the cutting edge of everything, and inventiveness of one brain may challenge understanding of others, but ultimately they catch up. Revealing core workings of that Ferrari system would have just sped up research elsewhere, and permit some shortcuts.  

Certainly Ferrari was crippled. I didn't see however similar effort against MB, despite general knowledge of its beginnings. But then, Hamilton needed fast horse, so he got it.  English side was talking about dynasties, as it si something normal and we need to accept it. Fraudulent  claim in that attitude, which damaged F1 for years, after it was permitted to continue.

Ferrari was just in their a way to pile of trophies and bloated declarations...

That's how I see it.

Date 2020.12.28   Time 10:26 (UTC)

Ferrari expected painful 2020 as soon as Barcelona test

That's today, after horrid a season. I seems to remember my sinking feeling it was genuine disaster in progression, whereas some of my friends in here suggested bad times and lack of stability was all fake. Now we know.