Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Ferrari 2021

26 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Date 2020.12.28   Time 10:26 (UTC)

That's today, after horrid a season. I seems to remember my sinking feeling it was genuine disaster in progression, whereas some of my friends in here suggested bad times and lack of stability was all fake. Now we know.

and I expected Seb to compete with his teammate on even terms. I did not foresee the diabolical guile of Binotto the clown

7 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

and I expected Seb to compete with his teammate on even terms. I did not foresee the diabolical guile of Binotto the clown

I am not defending Binotto, but maybe he is not evil as suggested. Could be there was mix of little neglect of our driver (which could be taken as immoral), little bit of bad luck, and then Seb's sensitivity to certain car characteristics, which in totality resulted in series of losses during a single lap. In a sport, as you know, where hunderds of a second can result in loss of s sequential position, Seb's backsliding might not be as big mystery as optics do suggest.

2 minutes ago, Sakae said:

I am not defending Binotto, but maybe he is not evil as suggested. Could be there was mix of little neglect of our driver (which could be taken as immoral), little bit of bad luck, and then Seb's sensitivity to certain car characteristics, which in totality resulted in series of losses during a single lap. In a sport, as you know, where hunderds of a second can result in loss of s sequential position, Seb's backsliding might not be as big mystery as optics do suggest.

They both had their sensitivity to car characteristics, until Seb started beating Leclerc after first few races. Then things had to change...

4 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

until Seb started beating Leclerc after first few races

I think the forgotten Ferrari man, IS doin a GREAT job - Ice-cream man Kimi.

@lipstick79

Not too long ago you posted something about "finger boy" wishing Ferrari all bad in the future. I was looking for that post to remind you of it, but it's either deleted or re-written. Can't find it anymore.

This is what Vettel actually said:

Looking ahead to the future, Vettel said he was looking forward to the new challenge, but hoped that his old team Ferrari is able to recover from a difficult 2020 season.

“I hope, because I deeply care about this team, they [Ferrari] will get back to grips, and Charles will get the car he deserves, and for people like Laurent [Mekies], people in the garage, who are passionate, things will come together, but I’m excited for what comes next for me.

Sainz seems to be in some kind of (politically slanted) trouble. It is so feverish that voices are being heard for Ferrari to let him go. Societal norms are changing so fast, that I am having difficulty to understand it all. Maybe because not everything makes sense, and it will take time to think it through responsibly.

48 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Sainz seems to be in some kind of (politically slanted) trouble. It is so feverish that voices are being heard for Ferrari to let him go. Societal norms are changing so fast, that I am having difficulty to understand it all. Maybe because not everything makes sense, and it will take time to think it through responsibly.

You have to be so careful nowadays, you can be branded as racist for every little thing (and I say this as a person of colour myself). It's rampant here in my country, ppl are so angry, in some cases, understandably so.  

But what went on in his dad's mind with an advert like that? Or was he even aware of it. Who pushed it through in production? Blackface is viewed as rather .. or highly offensive. 

12 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

You have to be so careful nowadays, you can be branded as racist for every little thing (and I say this as a person of colour myself). It's rampant here in my country, ppl are so angry, in some cases, understandably so.  

But what went on in his dad's mind with an advert like that? Or was he even aware of it. Who pushed it through in production? Blackface is viewed as rather .. or highly offensive. 

Behaviour norms are changing. This is centuries old process. I am not so sure that hearts and minds are changing on corresponding rate. 

5 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Behaviour norms are changing. This is centuries old process. I am not so sure that hearts and minds are changing on corresponding rate. 

Nice

http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/753427/Ferrari_will_not_decide_on_when_to_switch_focus_to_2022_until_after_testing__Binotto/

Let me get this straight. Ferrari will DECIDE AFTER pre-season test to concentrate on 2022, including the impending engine freeze...??? It surely does give them enough time. But...

I've read reports Merc had started development for 2021 mid-season, after they introduced a major upgrade which included an entire front wing. That's because the car was so dominant. They are well prepared for 2021. As reports have suggested, RBR has already been running their "new car" for 2021, in practise sessions"The team is very much focused on next season and in Sakhir last weekend and on Friday in Abu Dhabi, it has run updates that confirm to next years rules, therefore very much running a 2021 version of its car during free practice sessions"https://www.motorsportweek.com/2020/12/11/technical-insight-red-bull-runs-its-2021-car-in-abu-dhabi-practice/. The problem I have is the thinking. As we've read and witnessed during the latter half of the season, Ferrari did bring some upgrades during the races. I just don't sense a need for being well prepared future-wise tho. It seems their entire focus was on rectifying and producing a super-fast engine for 2021.

Where's the project management here?

They will DECIDE AFTER pre season testing? Maybe they are just hamstring by the token system... We don't know

In my recollection the team was pleased with new engine they built after disastrous 2020. I don't know much more. Sebastian was excluded from developments, which is understandable, and Leclerc is not talking. We have to wait for track testing. Based on several interviews with top brass, I gather they don't expect miracles this year.

My point is they could have concentrated on 2022 after results mid-season. Use 2020-21 as a transitional period. Would have put them close to par with Merc/RBR come 2022

I lost track of all changes, exceptions to mandated changes, and various developments. Teams do not run detailed public record (I would know off) of changes in the plant and in plans; simply put, I am not sure anymore who does what. It is actually first time in my memory I find myself in such situation. If I admit I am not fan of Brawn's management of the F1, it is as said as polite as I can be without getting banned.

Has FiA right to claim being fair in their regulatory governance?

Why isn't such test available to others (who want it)? Not everyone would be interested, I am sure of that, but I gather someone like Seb would not mind to take last year Racing Point for a spin to acquire real feeling of the car, and benchmark its performance for comparison to this year developments. Sim is one thing, track is another.

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Has FiA right to claim being fair in their regulatory governance?

Why isn't such test available to others (who want it)? Not everyone would be interested, I am sure of that, but I gather someone like Seb would not mind to take last year Racing Point for a spin to acquire real feeling of the car, and benchmark its performance for comparison to this year developments. Sim is one thing, track is another.

I've learned from Kimi that sim time is not exactly that advantagous. How the driver can get the feel of the road, and learning character traits of a car. Easiest solution is to TEST

39 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Easiest solution is to TEST

That is LOGICAL - though in MORE modern times it is NOT called testin.
It IS promotion days.  CAN get the car out and do some laps for the sponsors.  WITHOUT usin OFFICIAL
testin time/allowance.

1 minute ago, lipstick79 said:

That is LOGICAL - though in MORE modern times it is NOT called testin.
It IS promotion days.  CAN get the car out and do some laps for the sponsors.  WITHOUT usin OFFICIAL
testin time/allowance.

True Ms Lipstick

46 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

I've learned from Kimi

What IS the BEST ice-cream ?  I AM interested in HIS thoughts on this,

Ferrari makes 50hp engine leap for 2021

That could be significant, assuming it's factual. That could place them close to top guns. We should notice it on track pretty quickly. Makes me wonder what does it say where Ferrari was last year...

10 minutes ago, Sakae said:

That could be significant, assuming it's factual. That could place them close to top guns. We should notice it on track pretty quickly. Makes me wonder what does it say where Ferrari was last year...

Maybe close. The Merc engine has now an additional 25hp, an upgrade over last year.

We will see on track soon, as u've mentioned

Veteran engineer Jock Clear will take on an enhanced driver coaching role with Ferrari in 2021, with Team Principal Matiia Binotto saying his remit now extends to the Ferrari Driver Academy (FDA).

That's really funny. Where was he when Vettel need him? When he moved from MB to Ferrari, his fans were glowing what kind of great move that was. I was scratching my head. I still have vivid memory how he hated Michael Schumacher, and a few times he could not find anything good to say about Vettel either. Why Ferrari hired him was puzzling. Strategy miracles for Vettel were never realised. 

2 hours ago, Sakae said:

That's really funny. Where was he when Vettel need him? When he moved from MB to Ferrari, his fans were glowing what kind of great move that was. I was scratching my head. I still have vivid memory how he hated Michael Schumacher, and a few times he could not find anything good to say about Vettel either. Why Ferrari hired him was puzzling. Strategy miracles for Vettel were never realised. 

Ferrari seems... desperate

Forget strategy miracles Sakae hahaha. Ferrari flat out sabotaged Vettel at every opportunity. I can't recall a single time where a regular pit stop for Vettel was quicker or equal to Lebaby.

Binotto delivers devastating news for fans of the team - we will not win this year. I am just not sure if he speaks the truth, or merely making excuses upfront to soften impact what's coming next. Somehow I feel better now that Seb is out of there.