Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Ferrari 2021

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Binotto delivers devastating news for fans of the team - we will not win this year. I am just not sure if he speaks the truth, or merely making excuses upfront to soften impact what's coming next. Somehow I feel better now that Seb is out of there. 

That's exactly what I thought too Sakae!!!! So much for superfast engine project. He's pre-emting if they fail so folks can glorify when they indeed win races. Dubious

So glad Seb is out of that environment too, it's all downhill since the clown took over

This pairing is recently rated as the best on the grid by wtf1 in their pole, and is also the youngest driver line up Ferrari has ever had.. Not expecting a lot from Ferrari, but the drivers battle through the season should be pretty enticing..

1 hour ago, blackpebel said:

This pairing is recently rated as the best on the grid by wtf1 in their pole, and is also the youngest driver line up Ferrari has ever had.. Not expecting a lot from Ferrari, but the drivers battle through the season should be pretty enticing..

I actually watched this video a few days ago bp. I expect fireworks!!! Sainz won't be as fast as Leclerc, but he's very consistent, makes very few mistakes. Mouth -watering prospect, can't wait

Thx for posting

BINOTTO: OUR FOCUS DURING 2021 WILL BE DEVELOPING THE 2022 CAR

Ferrari cannot recover engine deficit in 2021 - Vasseur

How many years, how many lost seasons, how many times current F1 management (both, FiA, Commercial ownership) drove teams to such hopeless situation in the name of "saving money"? 

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

How many years, how many lost seasons, how many times current F1 management (both, FiA, Commercial ownership) drove teams to such hopeless situation in the name of "saving money"? 

How long IS a piece of string? ( I actually KNOW the answer - I can tell U the EXACT length to the nearest millimetre - I am THAT accurate)

18 minutes ago, lipstick79 said:

How long IS a piece of string? ( I actually KNOW the answer - I can tell U the EXACT length to the nearest millimetre - I am THAT accurate)

lipstick, aren't you tired from alwyas focusing on wrong thing?  

6 hours ago, Sakae said:

alwyas focusing on wrong thing?  

There is NO,
                   Right OR wrong
There IS only opinion 
How do U KNOW that UR opinion IS the right opinion?
It IS off-season, just keep the interaction goin !!   Whilst we WAIT patiently for the season 2 BEGIN

19 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

How do U KNOW that UR opinion IS the right opinion?

Admittedly as much as I could be not entirely right on every aspect, I think facts on ground suggest I might be closer to understanding situation. For you it's all about shining flicking light on the wall, called PR and label exposure. I reject that. No one signed for that when they said - I am going to watch a race.

Any evidence of it?

• Money lost (that is even before pandemic conditions).
  • Rumbling among fans over quality of the show - declining audience. New Anglo/American style of management is yet to impress. It takes more than hire truck load of accountants and lawyers in posh office in London, carry bloated job titles, but when it comes to root cause analysis what's up - then ups... 

5 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Admittedly as much as I could be not entirely right on every aspect,

I WOULD B more concerned with.  Bein right on ANY aspect ! lol
It is, what it IS.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CL1cm82sOrJ/?igshid=1chzs8y32cyr6

I knew I respected sainz for what he is... I have more respect for him after watching this.. he was so humble and straight forward in accepting that he would not be able to beat Charles.. almost clinical in numbing down any ego clashes from the onset of his relationship with the new team mate.. smooth operator,, indeed..

In ref. to Sainz and his comments, that's what makes him perfect No. 2. Fast, but not exceedingly fast to upset anybody, and he is depemdable. (Was he hired for those qualities??) Pity he feels defeated already before testing starts. Having said that, I have always liked Sainz. He is a decent person who keeps his voice down, aways polite man. Not too many like him around. 

8 hours ago, blackpebel said:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CL1cm82sOrJ/?igshid=1chzs8y32cyr6

I knew I respected sainz for what he is... I have more respect for him after watching this.. he was so humble and straight forward in accepting that he would not be able to beat Charles.. almost clinical in numbing down any ego clashes from the onset of his relationship with the new team mate.. smooth operator,, indeed..

7 hours ago, Sakae said:

In ref. to Sainz and his comments, that's what makes him perfect No. 2. Fast, but not exceedingly fast to upset anybody, and he is depemdable. (Was he hired for those qualities??) Pity he feels defeated already before testing starts. Having said that, I have always liked Sainz. He is a decent person who keeps his voice down, aways polite man. Not too many like him around. 

Guys, He's not being defeatest, he's being realistic.  Leclerc is integrated in the team, Sainz not That is what he referred to. Don't underestimate the guy.. He's not slow either! Look where Mclaren ended up last year, beating dem fast RP.

I also like Sainz, hope he will shine

30 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Guys, He's not being defeatest, he's being realistic.

Yes, exactly my point bro..

30 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Don't underestimate the guy..

Nope, not me,, not at all... I have high regards for his consistency... To a point that I think he will come very close to, if not equal to Leclerc. Charles has a habit of going for big points, and in the hustle ends wrecking evertying, atleast so far.. Lets see what 2021 brings.. 

High hopes for him and his career.. 

28 minutes ago, blackpebel said:

Nope, not me,, not at all... I have high regards for his consistency... To a point that I think he will come very close to, if not equal to Leclerc. Charles has a habit of going for big points, and in the hustle ends wrecking evertying, atleast so far.. Lets see what 2021 brings.. 

High hopes for him and his career.. 

+1. Will be fascinating to watch that battle

2 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

that's what makes him perfect No. 2. Fast, but not exceedingly fast to upset anybody, and he is depemdable

U just described DC there.

11 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

I'm sorry to say, and I'm not being biased, this is one ugly car. Look how broad that front wing is.

Man,, did you just fat shame Ferrari??.. 😄

There is not much that I'm able to distinguish with the photos.. It pretty much looks like the same car from last year, apart from the nose. Probably some minor gains here an there..

1 hour ago, blackpebel said:

Man,, did you just fat shame Ferrari??.. 😄

There is not much that I'm able to distinguish with the photos.. It pretty much looks like the same car from last year, apart from the nose. Probably some minor gains here an there..

Man, it is ugly, the more I look at it..

"The Ferrari SF21 inherits directly from the SF1000 components such as the chassis and the front suspension, which remain practically unchanged. Other components homologated last year are present, such as the front impact structure which is the reason Ferrari hasn’t adopted the new ‘narrow nose’ trend which has spread throughout the grid and first pioneered by Mercedes.

This would have meant spending precious development tokens, which the team confirmed last year would be spent on the gearbox.

However, while keeping the wide nose concept of the SF1000, the area dedicated to the management of the aerodynamic flow has been revised quite heavily, with the adoption of a large cape that joins the turning vanes placed under the body."

http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/760684/Technical_Insight_Ferrari8217s_new_SF21_and_its_secrets/

I will give first prize, in terms of looks, to the AM car, then Merc. RBR is hiding too much, we'll get a clearer picture of the car as testing winds down for the opener

"You must have quick drivers, otherwise you aren't pushed when it comes to planning out the car and it takes away your will to push the limits," Forghieri added. "Today, drivers have more responsibility than back in my day. Back then all you needed to do was drive fast. Now, you have must have an advance automotive culture.

"They must be able to influence the project while directing development as well."

Forghieri knows a thing or 2

2 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

"You must have quick drivers, otherwise you aren't pushed when it comes to planning out the car and it takes away your will to push the limits," Forghieri added. "Today, drivers have more responsibility than back in my day. Back then all you needed to do was drive fast. Now, you have must have an advance automotive culture.

"They must be able to influence the project while directing development as well."

Forghieri knows a thing or 2

I find it rather strange to read this on Ferrari page. Vettel is obviously involved in such discussions at his new home base these days, as widely published recently. Upon his arrival to Maranello when he attempted the same, he was told by management (I assume on pressure from engineers) to mind his own business, and focus on driving. It was actually Marchionne who was talking about it to press.

Schumacher experienced the same pushback at MB. I do recall Brawn, despite being busy, decided to sit with him at engineering meetings, just to moderate feedback and peg (presumable) some superior people with attitude a notch down..

I gather rather than essential need for such exchanges, it depends more on people and their attitude.

I like what I am hearing from Otmar Szafnauer and Andrew Green about their cooperation with drivers. Vettel of course has no fingerprints on 2021 car, but that one, based on results last year, on its own seems very good, and Seb can influence his car setup. I am keen on results.

On 3/1/2021 at 8:29 AM, Sakae said:

that's what makes him perfect No. 2. Fast, but not exceedingly fast to upset anybody

U JUST described DC with Mika

On 7/23/2020 at 2:13 PM, blackpebel said:

I hope everyone here has played Monopoly...

Screenshot_20210514-120008_Instagram.jpg