Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Ferrari 2021

Date 2021.05.21   Time 10:06 (UTC)

Monaco, FP2, Ferrari at the front.

1. Despite (my) anger and turmoil of most recent years, my congratulation.I am not sure to where this recovery leads, but direction taken seems effective (for now). 
  2. Thank you for proving quick cars can be built outside UK despite all UK based bloated and obnoxious propaganda where experts live.
  3. Binotto has (sort off) salvaged his reputation. It seems that his management skills aren't completely useless.
  4. Is SF fast because in Monaco team doesn't need fastest cars due to course characteristic, or success in FP2 is not the last one and it is solid? 

Lastly - world title is elusive, regulations are volatile, and the end of struggles is not in sight. We should not forget it is very long time when SF could drink champagne, but maybe... 

Next race - Vettel in P8 under normal conditions?

Bottas, Hamilton, and Ferrari with all probability displace him from P5. All have better cars, and unless there is large attrition rate in the front group, I see P8 as best that AM can do (maybe P7 with little bit of luck).

11 hours ago, Sakae said:

Next race - Vettel in P8 under normal conditions?

Bottas, Hamilton, and Ferrari with all probability displace him from P5. All have better cars, and unless there is large attrition rate in the front group, I see P8 as best that AM can do (maybe P7 with little bit of luck).

P8-9 is mine too

There is more to this story... 

http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/777433/Binotto_on_the_future_of_F1_I_am_fully_against_an_engine_freeze/

I read some interesting views on the direction Ferrari is taking. Apparently, Ferrari is going to continue with the combined turbo, the single unit. It's too late for them to change to the split turbo. The split turbo has more power than the single unit. At the back of the car, with the coke bottle trim, they now have to find space for it, bulbous space, adding drag., with that long turbo shaft. That's why Honda is so successfull this year. It's reduced the turbo size and and it fits snugly at the rear, allowing Newey to really work that area. It's a packaging thing but it leads to more power. That's without the thremal advantage of seperating the compressor and turbo, which leads to even more power.

https://the-race.com/formula-1/key-details-of-ferraris-ambitious-2022-f1-engine-revealed/

View comments below in comments section

In essence, that's why Binotto is against it. They moved too late.