Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Ferrari 2021

20 hours ago, KoolMonkey said:

if given a real chance to run the sport. I suspect it would be alot better than it is now

> NOT really making a BOLD statement there KoolMonkey.
Just confirmin that , there IS nothin wrong with UR eyes. 
F1 NEEDS another Bernie.  By sellin out 2 Sky F1, F1 just followed the money. 
The "show" has NOT improved.  It is makin it MORE difficult to improve the "show".

I hope the end is near for Binotto..

Toto Wolff, for example, said earlier this week that he sympathises with everyone at Ferrari except Mattia Binotto. He didn't want to hear from him anymore. The way he seemingly put Sebastian Vettel aside on the phone didn't make him popular either.

What a joke Ferrari is. Leclerc is a pr*ck. Vestappen is a saint compared this smug arrogant brat.

Had it been Vettel who rammed Leclerc at the start and bashed off his rear wing, everyone from Brundle to the Italian media would be calling for the immediate sacking of Vettel. Not surprisingly, F1 dismissed any investigation into the matter. Of course they would. They only penalise Vettel, never anyone who hits him. I can point to many incidents in the past where Vettel has been unfairly punished by the FIA. Why is it that when Vettel is involved it's almost 100% supposedly his fault, but when someone hits him it's a racing incident?

F**K this sport, it's a farce.

Brad, I'm glad Wolff (who is someone I've never liked) has put the boot into Binotto. He's a clown. Now that Vettel has been given the boot, I hope Binotto stays on actually. Seeing Ferrari suck and implode will be hilarious. The cigarette man Arrivabene was a far better team leader than this schmuck.

Over the years I made the same observation, that Vettel seems to be judged by a different standard within F1 community. It shouldn't be, but it is so.

i understand you are vettel fans. But no. there is nothing against vettel. i like  vettel but he has made a lot of mistakes lately and  charles actually accepted his mistake this race. 

2 hours ago, Master of his game said:

i understand you are vettel fans. But no. there is nothing against vettel. i like  vettel but he has made a lot of mistakes lately and  charles actually accepted his mistake this race. 

2 hours ago, Master of his game said:

vetttel didnt drive like  he was 4 *wdc

+1

12 hours ago, KoolMonkey said:

He's a clown. 

Ferrari right now... 

IMG_20200712_014527.jpg

6 hours ago, Master of his game said:

So it was Vettel's fault that Leclerc hit and took him out?

Even Brundle without bothering to check the facts, first blamed Vettel during the Sky broadcast. Then ate some humble pie and apologized to Vettel that he'd gotten the cars wrong. But he instinctively blamed Vettel first.

That's how many F1 fans see it, not just Vettel fans. If you think Vettel's win at Montreal was worthy of being stripped, then we're never going to agree on anything. Had it been any other driver that day, that win would have stood.

There is no doubt Vettel over the past few years has had spins, contacts, crashes and failed dives etc. But it's to the point now that even when he doesn't do anything wrong, he's blamed. That isn't bias, it's stating what seems to be pretty clear at this point. Sky hate Vettel. Brundle has been putting the boot into him for years. The FIA stewards don't like Vettel and he's copped far too many penalties whereas Hamilton and Verstappen have had several where it was deemed a "racing incident".

Why did Leclerc not get a penalty? I don't care if his car pulled out of the race a few laps later. Grosjean has copped dozens of well deserved penalties over the years for causing huge first lap incidents. Yet Leclerc got nothing. Switch Vettel and Leclerc and it would be hysteria, and 101% Vettel would have copped a penalty.

The Italian media love to smash Vettel. Yet Ferrari is being run by Waldo. Ferrari are a shambles.

Channel 4 F1® on Twitter: "Ferrari Team Principal Mattia Binotto ...

The one thing that was a surprise is Wolff standing up for Vettel. And it was nice to see Marko and Horner also backing him too.

I am hoping race Stewards will be informed (preferably soon) it is racing they are hired to watch and judge, and not Idol popularity contest.

@KoolMonkey

There is no doubt Vettel over the past few years has had spins, contacts, crashes and failed dives etc. ...

I think travesty of this is, that most of claimants (not you) are assuming, that Vettel was alwyas in control to prevent, or be able to accept responsibility for the way things turn out. I have my technical doubts over validity of such assumptions. There is cause end effect relationship here, and Vettel might be many things to many people, but he is is not a fool. It's just some people on sidelines - earning living by spouting nonsense -  do find easier to point out finger, than dig deeper. Ferrari really has never defended this driver against public angst and incendiary language as they seems to do now for LeClerc. I see this as result of rotating management at the top between those who shook hand with Vettel in 2014 and current crowd. Vettel never was during his tenure "a Ferrari man", regardless how hard he tried, and now he pays for it on more, than just on one level. His legacy is in stake as well.

12 hours ago, Master of his game said:

Neither did Hamilton the previous race. Quite a rookie mistake with Albon last race. Also, the car is so dominant and easy to drive, it hides mistakes.... Hamilton almost crashed heavily with his flying lap, he as much admitted it....... Merc drivers don't have to over-compensate..

Consider facts before you post things like this...

19 hours ago, KoolMonkey said:

What a joke Ferrari is. Leclerc is a pr*ck. Vestappen is a saint compared this smug arrogant brat.

Had it been Vettel who rammed Leclerc at the start and bashed off his rear wing, everyone from Brundle to the Italian media would be calling for the immediate sacking of Vettel. Not surprisingly, F1 dismissed any investigation into the matter. Of course they would. They only penalise Vettel, never anyone who hits him. I can point to many incidents in the past where Vettel has been unfairly punished by the FIA. Why is it that when Vettel is involved it's almost 100% supposedly his fault, but when someone hits him it's a racing incident?

F**K this sport, it's a farce.

Brad, I'm glad Wolff (who is someone I've never liked) has put the boot into Binotto. He's a clown. Now that Vettel has been given the boot, I hope Binotto stays on actually. Seeing Ferrari suck and implode will be hilarious. The cigarette man Arrivabene was a far better team leader than this schmuck.

Hey, Now that u've mentioned it...

Let's vouch for the guy to stay at the helm of Ferrari and not get sacked.... poetic justice

9 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Quite a rookie mistake with Albon last race.

Mistake?? How dare you disrespect his-highness-driving-the-easiest-car-on-the-grid-hamilton... :P

Just kidding brad...

I thought it was one of the most shrewd defense moves.  He left just enough space for albon, for the world to later contemplate whether it was a racing incidence or no...

If i understand hamilton correctly, he was quite in control of every millimetre of what happened, and got punished for the same... it was anything but a mistake mate..

31 minutes ago, blackpebel said:

Mistake?? How dare you disrespect his-highness-driving-the-easiest-car-on-the-grid-hamilton... :P

Just kidding brad...

I thought it was one of the most shrewd defense moves.  He left just enough space for albon, for the world to later contemplate whether it was a racing incidence or no...

If i understand hamilton correctly, he was quite in control of every millimetre of what happened, and got punished for the same... it was anything but a mistake mate..

Really, it was his intention to knock Albon into a spin, then receiving a penalty for that same move...

Strange times we're living in...

1 hour ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Really, it was his intention to knock Albon into a spin, then receiving a penalty for that same move...

I wouldn't say it was his intention to KNOCK Albon out. But i replayed that bit over n over again... As i said, it was a very shrewd defense maneuver. I personally Wouldn't call it a 'mistake'

Hamilton looked like he was aware where his car was pointing towards and kept at the defensive trajectory, and didn't expect Albon to touch, Albon called his bluff and tried to claim the racing line by steering right,, but hamilton didn't give up (which he should have, and got punished for) even though he was a cars length behind... 

We are left here to contemplate whether it was a racing incident, I feel hamilton just din give up.. 

1 hour ago, blackpebel said:

I wouldn't say it was his intention to KNOCK Albon out. But i replayed that bit over n over again... As i said, it was a very shrewd defense maneuver. I personally Wouldn't call it a 'mistake'

Hamilton looked like he was aware where his car was pointing towards and kept at the defensive trajectory, and didn't expect Albon to touch, Albon called his bluff and tried to claim the racing line by steering right,, but hamilton didn't give up (which he should have, and got punished for) even though he was a cars length behind... 

We are left here to contemplate whether it was a racing incident, I feel hamilton just din give up.. 

That much is true. I don't like him particularly, but he's a great driver

Hamilton has been involved in quite a few incidents like that. I don't think Hamilton meant to touch him, but he had no intention of letting Albon pass him, and certainly did NOT leave enough space on the outside. He's been guilty of that for years, but rarely gets pinged for it.

5 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

I don't like him particularly, but he's a great driver

Me Neither... Honestly I hate his guts and smug antics a lot of the times... But besides what I think,,, He is a natural with his skills behind the car and made his luck into getting that Mercedes seat... Ofcource he was a crucial part of the car development year on year, which then kept his team ahead..

4 hours ago, KoolMonkey said:

He's been guilty of that for years, but rarely gets pinged for it.

He is a skillful racer, his is maneuvers do leave a gray spot on his dirty driving coz its all border line Racing incidences... 

Date 2020.07.14   Time 8:47 (UTC)

Jul.14 Mattia Binotto has admitted the basic "concept" of Ferrari's 2020 car may be flawed. 

I am not really sure where this is going from here. Are they or aren't they permitted to work on the car to its full extend countermeasures scope requires, or are they going to focus on the new specs? Problem is, that's 2022, thus I am not sure they can drop out of competition this, and next year as well.

At this point, while I was sort of defending Binotto in the past (I think his bosses are actually a force for mismanaging the team), however now I think that Mattia's position as a TP is at risk if for not anything else, just to calm masses. I am also not sure who would replace him. Briatore is talking loud, but he is hard to swallow for some. They should bring LdM back, despite his respectful age. (...but they will not do that, nor I think he would take it).

Ferrari might be in the (negative) news more often yet, than they would like. Is it time to start congratulating Seb on timing of his dismissal?  

Ferrari have a horrid car and their management is in shambles.

If you compare to say RBR, they are stable and their management has been rock solid. Horner is proven, Newey is a legend, and despite his haters, there is no better talent scout and adviser in F1 than Marko at present.

Once upon a time Briatore was good. In the past however. He's nothing but a muppet now.

I have no idea who can run Ferrari but I do know that if you had Wolff or Horner running that team, they would be miles better.

Binotto is failing on two fronts. As Principal and as Technical Director. I think he's finished at this point and only the lack of any clear replacement means he keeps his job(s) for now.

I think too that Briatore is a man of the past with some credibility questions that never were properly answered.

Regarding Horner...he can thank in massive doses for "his" success to Dr. Marko who is not only a former racer, but a lawyer who is really a buffer (like Lauda with Zetsche) between Horner's daily chores and very understaning owner. Marko doesn't get credit, British media like to think it's all Horner, but it is de facto Marko who chooses topic, time, and words when he speaks with the owner and advises on optimal solutions. (Not that Horner is completely out of it, but his job is easier.) Binotto dosen't get the same luxury. He has different management at the great distance, and who knows how he presents his issues to them. Brawn also was - I say today - overrated at Ferrari. He was a good tacticians siting at the track-side, but he had very capable people around him who made him shine. Likes LdM, Todd, Schumacher, and many, many others. (This assessment is one we received courtesy of Mr. E).

Todt

Date 2020.07.17   Time 14:36 (UTC)

INSIDE LINE: WHY BINOTTO? RATHER FIRE ELKANN AND CAMILLERI

I think Velasco must be reading my lines. I wasn't as direct, but for some time I suspected that strings are pulled from far above, and not always good way. I do agree that those two names has not shown that they know anything of value about F1 racing.

LeClerk in the centre, Vettel on the outside (old photo), but telling - writing on the wall in big letters for Seb.

Ferrari will always build beautiful road cars, but they have sincerely sucked for so long as a F1 team.

That was a great read Sakae, that's for sharing that link.

John Elkann and Louis Camilleri are only there due to nepotism and money. However Binotto got his role due to toppling Arrivabene so he got what he coveted, even if it ended up being a poisoned chalice.

Ferrari NEED either or all of Montezemolo and Domenicali and Arrivabene. Ross Brawn and Todt are long gone. Binotto is a technical person only, and thus if he really is that great as some say, he should focus purely on that aspect. Also no more decisions by committee. Make a call and run with it.

Since none of that will happen, Ferrari will end up with some schmuck like Briatore.