Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Team

Not only are Merc too far ahead. The current set of F1 rules prevent any team from catching up. It's why they pour millions into stupid tiny minisecule areas of the car, because they are prevented from addressing the elephant in the room. Namely, that Merc had years or headstart in these current regs, and helped vote them in. It's not that Merc dominated that turns me off F1, it's that no team can effectively catch up. If anyone then states, well work harder, I swear I will go nuclear on your a##. THEY ARE PREVENTED FROM DOING SO. Please anyone who doesn't understand this, actually think about this point. This is why why sux and is a fraction of the glory it once was.

57 minutes ago, KoolMonkey said:

Not only are Merc too far ahead. The current set of F1 rules prevent any team from catching up. It's why they pour millions into stupid tiny minisecule areas of the car, because they are prevented from addressing the elephant in the room. Namely, that Merc had years or headstart in these current regs, and helped vote them in. It's not that Merc dominated that turns me off F1, it's that no team can effectively catch up. If anyone then states, well work harder, I swear I will go nuclear on your a##. THEY ARE PREVENTED FROM DOING SO. Please anyone who doesn't understand this, actually think about this point. This is why why sux and is a fraction of the glory it once was.

I had thought about it.. for a sec, or two. Then stopped. It was too painful.

We have Kimi. That's a bright spot on this dull "sport" And he's winning even more admirers which is great to see. The dude is a legend. I think he will be talked about for decades to come like Hunt was.

On 11/5/2020 at 7:02 PM, KoolMonkey said:

We have Kimi. That's a bright spot on this dull "sport" And he's winning even more admirers which is great to see. The dude is a legend. I think he will be talked about for decades to come like Hunt was.

Yeah can't deny.. I've personally seen a better racer in Kimi this year than some of his Ferrari years.

He is coaching his son at home on tracks that he's built himself. I guess teaching is learning twice.. and it shows..

On 11/7/2020 at 12:53 AM, blackpebel said:

Yeah can't deny.. I've personally seen a better racer in Kimi this year than some of his Ferrari years.

He is coaching his son at home on tracks that he's built himself. I guess teaching is learning twice.. and it shows..

Yep, it's fun to watch them race. Hopefully his boy can join the ranks of F1 in a few years time, he's definately giving him the time, resources and skill-building to do just that

Date 2020.11.10   Time 10:47 (UTC)

Wolff will stay a while longer

''I think I will stay for another year and will indeed stay as team boss. I think the next two years could be an interesting situation and as long as I enjoy it, I want to keep doing it. I know that I will slowly have to train my replacement and he might be able to work alongside me next year'', says Wolff to ORF.

Good.

They should pull Andreas Seidl in a put him in training to replace Torger. 

Not really a long term deal though is it. Seems to allow him the freedom to choose where he wants to be in 2022. But it was a pipe dream to think he'd head to AM anyways.

1 minute ago, KoolMonkey said:

Not really a long term deal though is it. Seems to allow him the freedom to choose where he wants to be in 2022. But it was a pipe dream to think he'd head to AM anyways.

There is no a job for him at AM. One should not forget that he was a point away to lead whole F1, hadn't been Ferrari in his way. Between that job and TP at tiny organization like AM would be like demotion. (CEO at AM is a new German guy).

On 11/5/2020 at 11:14 AM, KoolMonkey said:

It's not that Merc dominated that turns me off F1, it's that no team can effectively catch up.

Similar 2 the Schumacher & Ferrari dominance.
Nobody expected anythin OTHER than a Ferrari WIN.
There WERE drivers though who popped up, here & there eg Mika Hakkinen.
Comparable to the modern day, Seb Vettel.

That IS the problem KoolMonkey Y ONLY, catch up.
B the BEST, B BETTER.  
If ONLY aiming 2 catch up, but fail then WILL B a long way behind.
If aim to B BETTER,  but fail then WILL probably HAVE caught up.
Though if DON`T fail then, will B AHEAD - the BEST.
Always aim for MORE.

Date 2020.11.13   Time 20:46 (UTC)

Press conference

Wolff: Nice beard! So the discussion was very good - one of the positives. It's interesting where the auto industry goes because everything develops in the direction of electric mobility but there is also a new look at the internal combustion engine and the combination with electric drive. I believe we should look at the costs. Developing a completely new power unit is not somewhere we should go. We know that we made that mistake in 2011 and 2012 when we made a highly sophisticated and also very efficient power unit but it got very complex. As things stand I think we need to have a combination of what we have today – an internal combustion engine and add hybrid energy and power in order to have a better ratio between sustainable energy propulsion and conventional ICE engines. I don't think it's about simplifying, it's just about trying to not have escalating costs and apart from the more electric component with potentially larger or more powerful battery pack, sustainable fuels are definitely the future. In 2025 we should have a 100% sustainable fuel, whether it's synthetic fuels or biofuels, but it should come with a big step for 2025 and not with a gradual increase over the next years because again that would make the power unit development more expensive.

It was impressive that Honda, despite being keenly aware of the gap they had to overcome, they did not back off. I am short of words to express my admiration for them. Based on above admission, it is also very likely that MB was in conceptual planing stage at least in 2009, if not earlier. With others, in early meetings with FiA, I bet MB was already ahead (of course by 0,5 sec LOL). 

11 hours ago, Sakae said:

Date 2020.11.13   Time 20:46 (UTC)

Press conference

It was impressive that Honda, despite being keenly aware of the gap they had to overcome, they did not back off. I am short of words to express my admiration for them. Based on above admission, it is also very likely that MB was in conceptual planing stage at least in 2009, if not earlier. With others, in early meetings with FiA, I bet MB was already ahead (of course by 0,5 sec LOL). 

It's not deliberate. It's cultural. Just reading Toto' views above is profoundly illuminating. So much knowledge packed into a few sentences. So I can.understand the success he has had thus far which then presents us with a better understanding of the dominant Mercs. 

They did not actively set out to change F1 the way they did, or in other words, cheat everyone. Monty in particular was caught out with the magnitude of the complexities of the hybrid engine project. Renault backed Merc, thinking eventually (short term) they would catch up quickly and ascend the throne. It sounded good to them. Unfortunately German culture was way ahead with hybrid technology because (a) they have a gift in engineering and (b) their quest for perfection. It is a way of life to them, their thinking, their do-ing. It is already entrenched. Hence the murmurings from the drivers of how magnificent their beasts are as each year goes on and why this year's car is... perfect. They have now just reached... perfection.

Which makes us also understand this Toto paragraph better. Basically, what's next? What's the new idea? How can they mantain their advantage?  "... an internal combustion engine and add hybrid energy and power in order to have a better ratio between sustainable energy propulsion and conventional ICE engines.." I bet you they are already working on it! "I don't think it's about simplifying, it's just about trying to not have escalating costs and apart from the more electric component with potentially larger or more powerful battery pack, sustainable fuels are definitely the future." Yes, to THEM, because they won't work twice as hard like everyone else trying to catch up. Which validates your admiration of Honda' progress. 

Hence the utter stupidity of imposing a token system that does not allow the others to catch up. Who was the originator of that stupid idea. I wonder?

5 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

It's not deliberate. It's cultura

This IS sayin that, it IS sexist 
>Where there IS a blame, there IS a claim
>>Injury lawyers 4 U at the ready

9 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

It's not deliberate. It's cultural. Just reading Toto' views above is profoundly illuminating. So much knowledge packed into a few sentences. So I can.understand the success he has had thus far which then presents us with a better understanding of the dominant Mercs. 

They did not actively set out to change F1 the way they did, or in other words, cheat everyone. Monty in particular was caught out with the magnitude of the complexities of the hydrid engine project. Renault backed Merc, thinking eventually (short term) they would catch up quickly and ascend the throne. It sounded good to them. Unfortunately German culture was way ahead with hybrid technology because (a) they have a gift in engineering and (b) their quest for perfection. It is a way of life to them, their thinking, their do-ing. It is already entrenched. Hence the murmurings from the drivers of how magnificent their beasts are as each year goes on and why this year's car is... perfect. They have now just reached... perfection.

Which makes us also understand this Toto paragraph better. Basically, what's next? What's the new idea? How can they mantain their advantage?  "... an internal combustion engine and add hybrid energy and power in order to have a better ratio between sustainable energy propulsion and conventional ICE engines.." I bet you they are already working on it! "I don't think it's about simplifying, it's just about trying to not have escalating costs and apart from the more electric component with potentially larger or more powerful battery pack, sustainable fuels are definitely the future." Yes, to THEM, because they won't work twice as hard like everyone else trying to catch up. Which validates your admiration of Honda' progress. 

Hence the utter stupidity of imposing a token system that does not allow the others to catch up. Who was the originator of that stupid idea. I wonder?

To clarify, I've not accused Merc from cheating. My intent was to document confirmation of long standing rumor, that MB had massive jump in hybrid research in comparison with others, especially Honda. BE was aware of it, and he was the one behind those rumors dating back a few years. 

Token system and some other regulatory stuff, enough said. I really wonder whose disgraceful idea was that. Having on hand track results of 2014, I am not sure what it says about general wisdom of RD at McLaren, and I would include Alonso, what they were thinking when they must have realized hight of the wall they had to climb. (...or did they realized it?)

2 hours ago, Sakae said:

To clarify, I've not accused Merc from cheating. My intent was to document confirmation of long standing rumor, that MB had massive jump in hybrid research in comparison with others, especially Honda. BE was aware of it, and he was the one behind those rumors dating back a few years. That token system and some other regulatory stuff, enough said. I really wonder whose disgraceful idea was that. Having on hand track results of 2014, I am not sure what it says about general wisdom of RD at McLaren, and I would include Alonso, what they were thinking when they must have realized hight of the wall they had to climb. (...or did they realized it?)

I know, I was just throwing it in there...

4 minutes ago, blackpebel said:

I do.   (...accuse Merc from cheating)

If someone would ask you to prove it, would you be able to do so? This is merely a rhetorical question, don't panic. I am not planning to embarrass you asking you to elaborate.

21 minutes ago, Sakae said:

If someone would ask you to prove it, would you be able to do so?

I'll tell them - I can, but I wont.

If the sports governing body can let off a team without disclosing the details of how they got away with cheating.. why should I.. 🤓

3 minutes ago, blackpebel said:

I'll tell them - I can, but I wont.

If the sports governing body can let off a team without disclosing the details of how they got away with cheating.. why should I.. 🤓

Hmmm, Ok. I didn't think you would.

Date 2020.12.07   Time 12:29 (UTC)

Broken Bottas must be replaced immediately by Russell

...says UK writer, to which I say, overpriced and overrated Hamilton must be immediately replaced by Perez who can partner Russell or some other hopefuls (Hulk, or Vettel, and a few others).

Enough is enough.

Russell proved it doesn’t matter who is in the car

Yes, that's what I think. Hamilton has enough of stuff. Let someone else to have his seat. Contract is not there, so no problem to show him a door.

34 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Alonso: "There’s no way that Mercedes can make such silly mistakes. They cost Russell a very easy win."

http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/749447/Russell_proved_it_doesn8217t_matter_who_is_in_the_car/

That pit stop = Embarrassment + Financial penalty. (for MB).

I am somehow in doubt it was conspiracy, especially with Wolff part of it. Reason is in plain view; if Stuttgart would get hold of it, Wolff's career with MB would be over with immediate effect. I guarantee you that much. Wolff would never allow such complex scheme. Confusion and sleeping on the switch by crew was more likely behind the incident.

Electronic glitch. I'm sorry, we had 6 years of utter Merc dominance where this sort of thing has never happened to Lewis. They been near perfect with strategic calls and deliiveries.. for 5-6 years!!!!! Now when a young driver enters the fray and looks set for a win, looking to assert the notion that it's mostly down to the car, their happens to be an... electronic glitch...

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/74440/exactly-what-went-wrong-at-the-mercedes-double-pit-stop.html

There are forces in media who are pushing for all English drivers only at Mercedes. I find it disgusting. Last 6 years is not enough for them? Greed is just overwhelming with stench. I wish MB should wake up and see what they are doing. May I suggest a few changes?

• Replace Hamilton with Russell next year. If I don't hear about, or from him for rest of my life, I am fine with that. Russell will do the same and for 1/3 of cost.
  • After Bottas contract expires, hire a German driver (for change).
  • Come home MB (for change).

7 minutes ago, Sakae said:

There are forces in media who are pushing for all English drivers only at Mercedes. I find it disgusting. Last 6 years is not enough for them? Greed is just overwhelming with stench. I wish MB should wake up and see what they are doing. May I suggest a few changes?

• Replace Hamilton with Russell next year. If I don't hear about, or from him for rest of my life, I am fine with that. Russell will do the same and for 1/3 of cost.
  • After Bottas contract expires, hire a German driver (for change).
  • Come home MB (for change).

WTF!!!!!