Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Team

Hamilton will be retested several times by F1 and host countries before this all ends this year. Based on test positives, it may happen in such case Russell will be called back and take #44 seat as a substitute again. (Says Wolff.)

I was wrong in the previous post with my guess that Russell is 1/3 less expensive than LH. Following headline will put this story straight.

Russell costs 50 million less than Hamilton

Not Bottas, Hamilton has to leave with his excessive self-entitlement, and literally blackmailing (wants 50MM) whilst everyone else has to tighten the belt. Beats me for what? He can ask around which other team will hire him when now we have confirmation what's behind all those victories. Russell will do, and after Bottas' contract matures, get someone else, please.

Wednesday 9 December at 08:35 : Dec.9 (GMM) Lewis Hamilton holds "a trump card" when it comes to the identity of his teammate for 2021.

Well, tell him to get lost, and there is no problem.

I would like to see Lewis take a break for the whole of 2021 actually. There is nothing more that he needs to prove in this formula of Racing.

Him beating bottas to victory and pole is something only Lewis's fans are reveling in, and let's be honest, it's a sham.

He can come back in 2022 on an equal footing for everyone to prove himself worthy of the 8th title.

Coz he's reached Schumacher's record without breaking a sweat, while other drivers at the back of the field have been putting their bones on line to come ahead through the midfield.

Both, Wolff and Hamilton should leave in disgrace or otherwise, I don't care. Now, and for good. If I don't hear about them ever again, I am fine with it. Yes, after Bahrain I feel cheated all those years. What a sham.

1 hour ago, blackpebel said:

I would like to see Lewis take a break for the whole of 2021 actually. There is nothing more that he needs to prove in this formula of Racing.

Him beating bottas to victory and pole is something only Lewis's fans are reveling in, and let's be honest, it's a sham.

He can come back in 2022 on an equal footing for everyone to prove himself worthy of the 8th title.

Coz he's reached Schumacher's record without breaking a sweat, while other drivers at the back of the field have been putting their bones on line to come ahead through the midfield.

AGREED!!!

4 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

There is nothing more that he needs to prove in this formula of Racing

I am actually UNSURE exactly WHAT he HAS proved in this formula of racing ??
The ONLY thing that HAS been proven by Hamilton IS that Mercedes  HAVE consistently performed whilst others have NOT.
All of Hamilton`s titles HAVE been powered by Mercedes.
To match Schumie Hamilton NEEDS 2 WIN in other than Mercedes.
       Schumie WON WDC`S in Benetton Renault AND Ferrari
Hamilton has WON wdc`s IN Mercedes power ONLY(Mercedes WORKS, Mclaren Mercedes)

6 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

Regardless of our individual believe system, he has proven The Emperor has no clothes. 

7 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

The ONLY thing that HAS been proven by Hamilton IS that Mercedes  HAVE consistently performed whilst others have NOT.
All of Hamilton`s titles HAVE been powered by Mercedes.
To match Schumie Hamilton NEEDS 2 WIN in other than Mercedes.
       Schumie WON WDC`S in Benetton Renault AND Ferrari
Hamilton has WON wdc`s IN Mercedes power ONLY(Mercedes WORKS, Mclaren Mercedes)

Dear Ms Lipstick. Who are you quoting???

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Hamilton has say about who his teammate is in 2021 despite not having contract with MB?

May I recommend reading all reader's comments below? Opinion forces in the play (more of clash). 

This is... unbelievable!!!!!

So much noise during the Vettel years of him restricting certain drivers, all of em rumours. But when it's Hamilton... geezzz

2 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Dear Ms Lipstick. Who are you quoting???

Get UP 2 speed I am NOT quotin ANYBODY - just sayin
IF anythin I AM actually quotin U - 

15 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

There is nothing more that he needs to prove in this formula of Racing.

Hamilton NEEDS to perform AWAY from Mercedes power, and NOT B a 1 trick pony
Schumie WON WDC`S with POWERED by DIFFERENT; Benetton Renault, Ferrari
Hamilton WON WDC`S with Mclaren MERCEDES, Mercedes works (ex Brawn GP)
Mercedes R the REAL champion NOT Hamilton

9 minutes ago, lipstick79 said:

Get UP 2 speed I am NOT quotin ANYBODY - just sayin
IF anythin I AM actually quotin U - 

Hamilton NEEDS to perform AWAY from Mercedes power, and NOT B a 1 trick pony
Schumie WON WDC`S with POWERED by DIFFERENT; Benetton Renault, Ferrari
Hamilton WON WDC`S with Mclaren MERCEDES, Mercedes works (ex Brawn GP)
Mercedes R the REAL champion NOT Hamilton

Oh Ok.. Was just wondering becoz I did'nt texted this... "There is nothing more that he needs to prove in this formula of Racing."

I respectfully DISAGREE, 
As I HAVE been sayin, a number of times.
He NEEDS 2 win AWAY from Mercedes power.
In V8 WDC at Mclaren Mercedes
In turbo hybrid WDC`S at Mercedes
Mercedes R the ONLY 1`s who HAVE proved anythin in this formula of Racing.
No OTHER constructor has WON 
Even All the money a fizzy drink HAS invested has NOT been able to be champions.

I take a different view on this discussion.

Nothing to prove..? I do recognise him for 1 WDC title, and that's it. (McLaren.) I would say he has plenty to prove if we want to see him winning titles in more or less car of similar strength his rivals drive. MB is not that car. Not today, and not since 2013. Give him RBR and we will see what he can do. I do allow for possibility he would win with that car a title or two, maybe more, but I am not that sure he would have as many he is boasting today. 

I am not advocating total and comprehensive performance congruence (I don't want IRL), just I wish MB should be closer in performance to others. Switching teams and winning with other brands or series to me dosen't mean anything, and it will not erase travesty of past 6 years. 

Wolff after 2014 should have allowed for change of rules, and let others to work on and correct their mistakes in lieu of wallowing in victories of dubious value with his poster boy. All rivals were crippled in some way, and they consequently lost all battles. That is supposed to mean something to celebrate?

When Schumacher was winning, McLaren was just as good of a car. Williams was maybe even a better car on many tracks. Teams could improve a car relatively quickly. Victory was never certain, and almost always earned. That was The F1 I've respected, and this guy has audacity to compare himself to that era?

Explaining why Red Bull are unlikely to sign Russell anytime soon, Marko said: “Firstly, he is a Mercedes driver, and secondly he is managed by Toto Wolff.

“In any case, he has told us on the side that he has a ten-year contract with Wolff.

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/749912/Red_Bull_Not_Too_Impressed_With_George_Russells_Sakhir_GP_Performance/

1 hour ago, lipstick79 said:

I respectfully DISAGREE, 
As I HAVE been sayin, a number of times.
He NEEDS 2 win AWAY from Mercedes power.
In V8 WDC at Mclaren Mercedes
In turbo hybrid WDC`S at Mercedes
Mercedes R the ONLY 1`s who HAVE proved anythin in this formula of Racing.
No OTHER constructor has WON 
Even All the money a fizzy drink HAS invested has NOT been able to be champions.

Ms Lipstick. I think I'm confusing you. You quoted me post 7 on this page. But I did'nt say that thing which you quoted me on. I was just wondering...That's all

The bolded part. RBR have been champions with Vettel...

Date 2020.12.11   Time 19:21 (UTC)

It seems that Vettel is not alone who needs (or wants) car setup "certain" way, as opposed to claims by self-appointed experts on sidelines, that good driver ("REAL RACER") will drive and win in anything.

Hamilton found his car in setup Russell left it. He ended up consequently in P5 and 2 respectively in today's practices, and this is what he said at the end:

"It felt like I hadn't been in the car for a long time. That was really weird. I really had to get used to it again. The car wasn't the same as when I left it, in the sense that the balance wasn't exactly the way I had set it up. But we are now working to bring it back to the settings that make me feel comfortable in the car," 

Yes, a driver has to be one with a car ("comfortable"). So, Vettel has a soulmate on that account.

8 hours ago, Sakae said:

Date 2020.12.11   Time 19:21 (UTC)

It seems that Vettel is not alone who needs (or wants) car setup "certain" way, as opposed to claims by self-appointed experts on sidelines, that good driver ("REAL RACER") will drive and win in anything.

Hamilton found his car in setup Russell left it. He ended up consequently in P5 and 2 respectively in today's practices, and this is what he said at the end:

Yes, a driver has to be one with a car ("comfortable"). So, Vettel has a soulmate on that account.

Yes

...with no emphasis from the team to adjust to Seb' particular liking, like the love and care Hamilton is getting. Sad world we live in

Wolff will stay at Mercedes for another three years: 'Glad to start this chapter'

I thought MB should have transferred business from UK, but now it is clear they are doing something else (and probably smarter solution). They are offloading burden of it into British hands.

MB - INEOS - Wolff = equal partnership.

I do expect this development as start of downturn for the team's performance.

15 minutes ago, Sakae said:

I thought MB should have transferred business from UK, but now it is clear they are doing something else (and probably smarter solution). They are offloading burden of it into British hands.

MB - INEOS - Wolff = equal partnership.

I do expect this development as start of downturn for the team's performance.

Suprising..

I wonder what it is they bring to the table. Is it just sponsorship, or will they help with material manufacturing etc

1 hour ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Suprising..

I wonder what it is they bring to the table. Is it just sponsorship, or will they help with material manufacturing etc

With Brexit I was hoping they will take F1 with them, and I will not ever hear from them again. Well it was just wasted dream of mine.

Date 2020.12.31   Time 15:22 (UTC)

As this year-end is closing on us, one seat at MB remains open. Sounds like Russell has done some damage with his proxy drive.

41 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Date 2020.12.31   Time 15:22 (UTC)

As this year-end is closing on us, one seat at MB remains open. Sounds like Russell has done some damage with his proxy drive.

Masterstroke by Wolff, as Webber has stated.

I expect a contract, but MB has the ace