Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Team

20 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Masterstroke by Wolff, as Webber has stated.

I expect a contract, but MB has the ace

This guy is asking for 50 MM in this pandemic economy, and comparative pay of other drivers is a telling story on its own about him. Russell however proved to all, that he is not worth that kind of cash.

Could be however, that Hamilton maybe doesn't really care whether he will, or will not drive in 2021. He has lot already, and quitting should not be a problem for him. Asking for obscene pay was perhaps just a toss of a coin without much thought.

2 minutes ago, Sakae said:

This guy is asking for 50 MM in this pandemic economy, and comparative pay of other drivers is a telling story on its own about him. Russell however prove to all, that he is not worth that kind of cash.

Could be however, that Hamilton maybe doesn't really care whether he will, or will not drive in 2021. He has lot already, and quitting should not be a problem for him. Asking for obscene pay was perhaps just a toss of a coin without much thought.

Now that the Daimler boys eyes has been opened and saw what's really happening, I don't think they will entertain 50mil... it's a HUGE sum

Hamilton will want to continue, and re-write the history books in the most easiest and convenient way

3 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Yeah, I've seen it before posting above. I was wondering for a while whether people in Stuttgart lost all marbles, but it looks like they are still playing with full deck.

Hamilton could earn 40 million a year, on top of which there would be a 10% bonus for winning the world championship. Reportedly, the 35-year-old driver has rejected that offer. We do not know what Hamilton's counter-proposal was.

Go MB!!

This has earmarks of either I will either retire, or get what I want. I don't care.

I am not sure what MB will do, but my hope is they will kick him to the curb. Enough of this nonsense. People are on unemployment lines, living wages were frozen, and we have this...

On 12/31/2020 at 4:33 PM, BradSpeedMan said:

Hamilton will want to continue, and re-write the history books in the most easiest and convenient way

Also known as doin a Vettel.
When Seb WERE at Red Bull, Seb looked like he could go and and on ... 
Gaining records and titles but he took the Ferrari money, and fell off the cliff

‘Some F1 fans have urged Mercedes to drop Lewis Hamilton and sign George Russell for a fraction of the cost.

Good idea.

50 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Good idea.

Yep. I've been following. No driver is bigger than the team, he owes alot of his titles to the car/team. Some appreciation is in order! Nevermind the current state of worldwide economy.

I think Ineos will now step in and ensure he gets the additional 10 mil...ugh

33 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

I think Ineos will now step in and ensure he gets the additional 10 mil...ugh

It could be, but it will depends how much say they have in choice of drivers. Perhaps they are (I am guessing) a silent partner. Hamilton managed to do himself a lot of harm in German circles. I am not sure how this will end.

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

It could be, but it will depends how much say they have in choice of drivers. Perhaps they are (I am guessing) a silent partner. Hamilton managed to do himself a lot of harm in German circles. I am not sure how this will end.

with good reason... Despite the backlash on Social Media, I see the his fans are still defending him left right and centre

Greed knows no boundaries

I don't really care what Hamilton thinks, says, or does. I had enough of him and I hope to see him out. He can switch perhaps with Russell, drive for Williams, and prove to the world how good he is.

Indeed I agree with U Sakae
Hamilton HAS devalued himself has PROVEN he IS NOT worth a HUGE contract £££
Russell HAS shown the world HOW easy it IS in a Mercedes - from back of the grid Williams to the unthinkable.
I like UR suggestion swappin seats on a more permanent basis with Russell, enabling him 2 SHOW his TALENT
that it is NOT just the car - doin a Russell
Where`s UR talent at Hamilton - that is NOT a rhetorical question

35 minutes ago, lipstick79 said:

Indeed I agree with U Sakae
Hamilton HAS devalued himself has PROVEN he IS NOT worth a HUGE contract £££
Russell HAS shown the world HOW easy it IS in a Mercedes - from back of the grid Williams to the unthinkable.
I like UR suggestion swappin seats on a more permanent basis with Russell, enabling him 2 SHOW his TALENT
that it is NOT just the car - doin a Russell

Where`s UR talent at Hamilton - that is NOT a rhetorical question

+1

"Unconfirmed reports are: demands: He has 4 demands

1. His salary raised
2. Gifted that limited edition f1 inspired hypercar
3. 10% of Mercedes amg winnings
4. A more hands on role within the company (influence the cars designs)"

Don Nelson, GPblog

Next he probably wants to replace Toto as TP. Mercedes has created a monster...

I saw this somewhere and had to share it....

Sir Brit driver of the GOAT car for the longest time award.

Lulu a better sportsman than Clark or Stewart? I don't think so.

Hamilton has irked me for over a decade and I'm glad the world is finally seeing his fakeness in the open. He did not struggle growing up, the "I'm from the hood" and him trying to re-write history is BS. Ron sponsored him and the rest is history. He was helped at every step of the way.

No wonder he's p**sed at Rosberg still. Because Rosberg called him on on this bvllsh|t when he stated that Nico Snr used to give Lewis rides in his private jet. Hardly the life of someone from the projects and being unprivileged.

His BLM effort was a joke. No wonder some drives didn't want to join him. He even tried to bully them publicly but that's what free will is Lewis.

His comments around the time Vettel was dominating at RBR about him not wanting to win so cheaply. Sure sure. Actually you're dominating more than Vettel ever did. At least Vettel had a competitive team mate and fought Alonso down to the last race. What a joke.

And now he wants a pay rise? During a pandemic? When millions have died and hundreds of millions more have lost their jobs?

Thank the Lord for Russell. No wonder Merc sabotaged his race.

But my prediction will be that Wolff will be the usual weasel that he is and Lulu will get his $50m or whatever stupid amount he wants.

Let's just hope for AM and them being kickass this year. I'm stick to death of Lulu, or Mercedes and Wolff lying and controlling everything.

2 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

"Unconfirmed reports are: demands: He has 4 demands

1. His salary raised
2. Gifted that limited edition f1 inspired hypercar
3. 10% of Mercedes amg winnings
4. A more hands on role within the company (influence the cars designs)"

Don Nelson, GPblog

Next he probably wants to replace Toto as TP. Mercedes has created a monster...

This driver has forgotten an old adage. Everyone is replaceable. Anytime. Anywhere.

I am not saying they will kick him to the curb, he has enough admires all over for his typically obnoxious attitude.

Leaders of business entities responsible for feeding families and keeping businesses from going under are taking pay-cut, and now this. Sad, but not surprising. He is precisely the character I thought of he is since the day he signed contract with MB. 

Ola Kallenius, Chairman of Dailer's Board of Directors, is not served by that attitude. He has had to cut many jobs as a result of the crisis caused by the coronavirus and would not understand why the Formula 1 driver should still have the same budget as in 2020.

Liberty Media halves prize money for 2021

More races, less money...

I am puzzled why anyone would bother with this crowd. Start a new series, I am ranting for years. 

'Ineos must offer a solution now that Hamilton refuses to reduce salary'

Wrong.

Ineos going against will of their partner(s) who do not wish to submit themselves to blackmail is not a good start in the F1. Editor responsible for headline assumes there is need for Hamilton to continue in F1.

There isn't.

41 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Wrong.

Ineos going against will of their partner(s) who do not wish to submit themselves to blackmail is not a good start in the F1. Editor responsible for headline assumes there is need for Hamilton to continue in F1.

There isn't.

I can't believe the audacity and entitlement. Really. Where is the love for racing?

The Greatest of All Time - ONLY ever powered BY Mercedes
Schummy WON powered by Renault AND Ferrari
Then STARTED the Mercedes revolution.  Enabling Hamilton 2 win.
Hamilton IS still in the Shadow of Schummy

Comparison between drivers of different era is objectively difficult, if downright impossible. Michael Schumacher can be compared to likes Mika Häkkinen, and maybe even Alain Prost during Michael's tenure with Benetton and Ferrari. I would not recommend to expand comparison to stats collected in hybrid era. Data are there, but comparing proverbial apples to oranges and described in 2000 words was never my thing.

4 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

The Greatest of All Time - ONLY ever powered BY Mercedes
Schummy WON powered by Renault AND Ferrari
Then STARTED the Mercedes revolution.  Enabling Hamilton 2 win.
Hamilton IS still in the Shadow of Schummy

I also believe there's an element of truth to that, that it is part why Hamilton and his team (or maybe not anymore) is so succesful today

"

And Owen said Ferrari’s 2019 gains made his team feel “challenged”, and basically “annoyed”, creating the motivation to push the Mercedes PU even further.

“In our motor department they were a bit annoyed and felt challenged because they no longer had the best engine,” Owen told Motorsport.com.

“They weren’t happy about that, so we worked hard to turn it around. That has really been a matter of blood, sweat and tears.”

Nice, shows why they are champions

http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/753524/Ferrari_engine_challenge_8216annoyed_Mercedes/

Wolff: Mercedes ‘Ready’ To Find Replacement If Lewis Hamilton Decides To Quit F1

Just teasing us and making Russell loosing his weight due to inadequate sleep?

5 hours ago, Sakae said:

Just teasing us and making Russell loosing his weight due to inadequate sleep?

There's definately a shift in tone, while Wolff has played an instrumental part in this.