Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Team

On 7/14/2020 at 7:44 PM, blackpebel said:

Brawn Warns Competition

To me, this years Mercedes always seemed like the meanest most monstrous F1 Car one could come up with. Mercedes have been sand bagging big time, it was quite evident from the onset of practice...

Of all the Mercedes cars compared to their respective rivals in previous years, This one seems to me like the most refined work at the start of the season.

And we have it from the horses mouth...

Hamilton: 'Refined' W11 the best car Mercedes has ever had

This car is way ahead of the league of the cars that it is against...

Comparing this car to the others, I was surprised at first by what I saw in the testing days. Both the ends of the car seemed in such harmony on each turn. There is so much scope of adjustment available that the mechanics can adjust the car to have next to a ZERO oversteer and understeer as per drivers will. Enoughe power and down force available for them to not have any wheel spin.. You can tell a lot about the car by just looking at the confidence a driver shows while approaching and exiting a corner. And by looking at the Input drivers give to bring the balance of the car back to normal through a turn, this car seems to have an auto balance that takes the hardship of the drivers away, subsequently helping them to concentrate on going faster...

I don't remember seeing any other F1 car with such Finesse...

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 3:37 AM, Sakae said:

Our recollections obviously differ, but to be frank, I am tired of getting back and pulling out the same topics repeatedly.

I know that is probably hard for you to deal with your recollections, especially when they are confronted with fact.

How many times we need to come back to this topic when mostly Hamilton fans are trying to defend indefensible? Facts are the same, interpretations vary, that's not in dispute. 

Mercedes is ahead of everybody else, and until reg. change, they, under normal conditions, they will stay there. The car, and consequently their drivers are circulating race tracks in the world of their own. Freezing or suppressing (corrective) developments on rival's equipment is not something useful in the name of fair game, however Hamilton is looking for WDC trophies 7 and 8, and that's the true objective, isn't it?

Those are the facts as I dare to interpret them.

I am not in full understanding what's going on with the Racing Point which suddenly came to life from nowhere, however claims the team had access to Mercedes owned design are ongoing with no end in sight. That's rather new exception to the rule.

Andretti finds Hamilton pretentious: "He creates a problem that doesn't exist"

I was not going to comment on this, but fact is, it's more people who are not on board with golden boy, not just myself. This is not new, just latest in series of other incidents, almost always excused, and short lived especially when history if dusted off.. 

On 7/16/2020 at 9:43 AM, blackpebel said:

image.png.7745706854965cd1bcf3b7511ed0d438.png

Here is one more fact that I think is worth consideration, (Except for 2015, coz Mclaren-Honda was Literally Testing the car in races, and NOT RACING) , Alonso has NEVER finished behind on points against his team mate in any season... Cant say that about either Vettle or Hamilton...

Honestly, on pure skills... I would say, that there is no dispute that Ham or Alo are way better!

In a fair race, with equal equipment between Ham, Alo, Vet, and Verstappen, I'm pretty sure Vettle would not make the podium.. 

They've also never won in a midfield car, the way Vettel did. Now that is skill...

and you can't claim 2010 ferrari was'nt a beast, as the other Ferrari driver was negatively affected by Alfonso's politics... Mclaren had both Hamilton and Button, a formidable pairing...  

I feel like I'm put and stuck on an esquival cd and put on repeat ...FOREVER

26 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

They've also never won in a midfield car, the way Vettel did. Now that is skill...

Are you talking about race wins or championships? I would say race wins, coz logically midfield cars don't win championships...  Alonso's First race win, (Just like Vettles First race win) was in a mid field car which was on pole for that respective race... Hungary 2003... They BOTH had an equipment worthy of a race win.

So for that matter, If I Swap cars between,, Mmmm lets just say for arguments sake.. Magnusen with Hamilton (just taking a random midfield driver)... in the next race.. it is likely that Magnussen would finish AHEAD of Hamilton in the race... coz its not the driver, its the machine... and F1 has almost ALWAYS been structurally unfair in helping assess the comparative skills of drivers.. 

On 7/16/2020 at 1:13 PM, blackpebel said:

Here is a Stats to sum up the gist of what i'm talking about: Vettle has NEVER won from below the 3rd on the grid...

This alone says, that he almost always had a car in that respective race, which was worthy of a fight to the win... Never Otherwise!

+

On 7/16/2020 at 1:13 PM, blackpebel said:

F1 does not let us see the merit of driver skills because there is no uniformity in the equipment provided to all the racers..

As this thread IS Mercedes.
A reminder that.  It does seem likely that, Hamilton WILL equal and probably go on to BETTER the number of WDC`S 
Schumacher achieved, and become statistically the all time great.
However at this time, ALL Hamilton`s WDC successes have been achieved with Mercedes power.
From his first WDC at Mclaren Mercedes, and the recent turbo era Mercedes works domination.
Schumacher achieved with DIFFERENT engine manufacturers, Benetton Renault & Ferrari.
It does NOT matter how many WDC`s Hamilton goes on to achieve.  To B truly classed as a great.
He WILL need 2 achieve a WDC with DIFFERENT a power source.
At the time of Hamilton`s first WDC at Mclaren Mercedes.  Mclaren Mercedes WERE considered the works Mercedes team.
So in essence, Hamilton has ONLY achieved, at this time with works Mercedes.  So objectively, that IS only 1 team.

With the Mercedes and Hamilton continuing their dominance of the 2020 season.
Questions R asked can anybody STOP Hamilton.  Let`s NOT forget Hamilton will probably only require stopping for the remainder of this season.
The end of the 2020 season WILL C an END 2 the Hamilton-Mercedes dominance.
With Mercedes leaving the sport as a constructor. 

3 minutes ago, lipstick79 said:

The end of the 2020 season WILL C an END 2 the Hamilton-Mercedes dominance.

...and I think we were told it's all Hamilton, so it should not matter then who is constructor. Ot will he..?

6 minutes ago, lipstick79 said:

Where did you get that?

It is widely acknowledged that the works Mercedes team will NOT B operated by Mercedes/Daimler.
They may B powered by Mercedes.  Though it will NOT B a works team in the future.
Quick google found this supporting story;
https://beyondtheflag.com/2020/01/07/formula-1-could-mercedes-walk-away-2020/ 

This from April 2020
https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1126916_breaking-mercedes-mulling-formula-one-departure-in-2021

I am sorry, but I have been offered a link to another speculative story, but nothing more.

Could MB pull plug on team ownership? Yes they might.

Is there a buyer? It was not publicly confirmed as far as I am aware.

Will they leave? It was not confirmed.

The most telling indicators that team may after all stay together in my interpretation was:

• 1. Ola stating that both current drivers are good for Mercedes and that should continue.
  • 2. Torger just a few days ago said, we are (unbreakable) "foursome". (Mercedes, Torger, Bottas, Hamilton).

Date 2020.08.08   Time 10:40 (UTC)

Daimler is dissatisfied with Wolff's ancillary activities in Formula 1

...(unbreakable) "foursome". (Mercedes, Torger, Bottas, Hamilton).

Are you sure about that unbreakable thing?

33 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Date 2020.08.08   Time 10:40 (UTC)

...(unbreakable) "foursome". (Mercedes, Torger, Bottas, Hamilton).

Are you sure about that unbreakable thing?

Toto really seems to be a major player in F1, but interesting development with Zetsche gone..

I think he might leave to head up Aston Martin Racing

Date 2020.08.12   Time 9:46 (UTC)

News.

MERCEDES TO RE-COMMIT TO F1 FOR ONE YEAR ONLY

If factual, MB has done right thing IMO. 

Just been watchin Sky F1.
Lewis Hamilton is turning in2 Micheal Jackson.
Lewis IS tryin 2 B, a white guy - but, but he`s black

He was always a white guy though. His "blackness" was just a show. As far as his "blactivism" it's pretty comical. He's never suffered for anything, so he's hardly an example of someone whose struggled or faced racism. The dude lives in Monaco, and pulls in over $50m euros a year and he's doing it tough? Give me a break. I look at him the same as a I look Justin Bieber trying to be all "gangsta" with his tats. It makes you laugh. I still support BLM and the end to racism, but Hamilton isn't the type of person to bring about that change.

FIA prohibits the qualifying mode: Mercedes largest victim of new rule

I don't get this. If it is wrong today and it requires regulatory amendment, why it wasn't wrong several years ago?

INSIDE LINE: TOTO TO REPLACE CHASE?

I'am not so sure about that.

LdM was once a (worthy IMO) candidate to replace BE, and Ferrari blocked his nomination. (Concern of bias).

12 hours ago, Sakae said:

I don't get this. If it is wrong today and it requires regulatory amendment, why it wasn't wrong several years ago?

Well they did everything they could to outlaw all the RBR innovations. Only took them 7-8 years to finally start looking at Mercedes. The Spanish GP was so boring it was numbing. I fell asleep again seeing as how it was near 1am on a Sunday night. Maybe I was just tired, but I seem to fall asleep alot now during F1 races and I don't even bother to rewind when I wake up lol

I'm not sure how I feel about this move to ban quali engine modes, but to be honest, I'm sick to death of the current state of F1. If they aren't going to play fair and allow other teams to work on their engines and PU free of this token BS, and also have proper track testing, then I'm okay with Mercedes being pinged on this.

14 hours ago, Sakae said:

Ex-Fakin-actly!!!

The advantage Mercedes had was based on their interpretation of the rule, which was disadvantageous to the whole sport because was clearly NOT in accordance with the Gentleman's agreement towards keeping racing fair.

Whether they wish to show the technological proves of the highest level, it should have not altered the drivers championship to such a dramatic level,, where winning itself is not earning genuine respect, coz its clear that the Machine has as unfair advantage. THERE IS NO RACING!

Date 2020.09.13   Time 12:50 (UTC)

Rumor

The Mercedes Formula One team is set to be rebranded, with chemicals giant Ineos reportedly agreeing to purchase a majority stake in the Brackley-based constructor for £700 million.

Date 2020.09.14   Time 4:14 (UTC)

Rumor corrected

WOLFF: INEOS HAS NO INTEREST IN BUYING A MAJORITY OF THE TEAM

Lessons learned: When you read NEWS, don't rush to discuss it. Wait a day or two, sometimes just hours. There will be another NEWS.

Any why would INEOS buy a F1 team anyways... I have no idea who they are or what they do. Something I've often wondered about with sponsors. I mean I still don't' know what the pink sponsor does at RP either.

I actually miss the old tobacco days or sponsorhip. Not because of them, but because those days were clear. You had 7-UP sponsoring Jordan ❤️ and other clear known companies having their names on cars like Martini. Now I look at the names on Williams for example and I just dont have a clue who they are. And I don't care either. So it's not going to then make me a customer of company X is it.

Date 2020.09.14   Time 10:07 (UTC)

by James Clifford:

The ownership of the team is going to be taken over by Sir Jim Ratcliffe and Ineos,” Jordan said, adding that Mercedes with retain a 30-percent stake and Wolff will depart the Brackley-based team.

However, following the inaugural Tuscan Grand Prix, Wolff insisted that the story is “made up” and he will be staying at Mercedes.

“People pick up bits and pieces and construct a story around it. Daimler (Mercedes’ parent company)  has no intent in giving up the team and Ineos has no interest in buying a majority of the team and calling it like this. I have no reason to depart from my shareholding,” Wolff said.

“So [there are] plenty of things that are made up. The future of the team is absolutely clear. It’s the Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 team and nothing is going to change that,” he added.

Mr. E. Jordan seems to be mistaken (most likely again, as a few times in the past).