Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Williams

Date 2020.05.29   Time 8:02 (UTC)

Pitpass:

Announcing disastrous financial results for 2019 and its strategy moving forwards, Williams admits that one option is selling the F1 team.

Sad due to team's racing pedigree, however sensible from economic point of view. I always thought they should have tried to sell the team much sooner. Maybe they did, but there weren't any buyers, and it is not clear whether there is one now. Due to forthcoming commercial changes in F1, perhaps market had changed for them.

Whilst Claire Williams is desperately tryin to find sponsors and investment to save the Williams F1 team. 
With Christmas approachin, If she IS that desperate 2 save the team.  Why doesn`t she just release a Topless Christmas Calendar  ? 
There IS a nation of Sun readers

Farewell Williams. It was good racing all these years.

Its an unfortunate but an inevitable demise for an outfit that took up racing as their family obsession.

I don't want to accuse Wolff from wrongdoing, but this is amusing chain of happy coincidences. Wolff sells his Williams shares, then he buys new shares, and team is subsequently sold. What luck some people have.

20 minutes ago, Sakae said:

I don't want to accuse Wolff from wrongdoing, but this is amusing chain of happy coincidences. Wolff sells his Williams shares, then he buys new shares, and team is subsequently sold. What luck some people have.

Hmmm... Seems like Mr Wolff is more of a fox with his dealings around the paddock. (Pun Intended)

But I guess he is someone who is not interested in making bad investments, and probably wants the team to come back to profit earning ways, even If that means taking the team away from the williams name.

I guess that's the price the Williams family have agreed to pay for the good of the team.

IMG_20200822_224532.thumb.jpg.b31a39c075a0454ec4480496a450ce36.jpg

I think it's good what would transpires from this point onwards. Things can get complicated or mixed up when we talk about family and business under the same roof.

Its good they kept the wood burning this long, but it lacked the fire needed to cook a good recipe, let alone any.

I take an alternative route...

F. Williams and his partner were in the sport for love of racing. I never liked them, but I do give them credit for placing sport ahead of anything else. New buyer is an investment group. No need to explain rest of it. IMO this is not such good news for the F1 as some may think. Impact could be seen a few years down the road (assuming F1 is still alive at that time.) 

17 hours ago, blackpebel said:

even If that means taking the team away from the williams name.

But that will NOT happen, any time soon.
Brawn IS STILL associated with F1.  Even though he SOLD Brawn GP to Mercedes.
Formerly Williams racing, WILL keep the Williams name IN F1, without a team

1 hour ago, lipstick79 said:

Brawn IS STILL associated with F1.  Even though he SOLD Brawn GP to Mercedes.

OK, but how is that related to Williams case. I don't think Frank and Clair are going to be associated actively with F1 after this point. Brawn is Actively associated with F1 because of the position that he holds within Liberty. And the 'Brawn GP' name is no where today, so I'm not sure what you are saying..

Formerly Williams racing, WILL keep the Williams name IN F1, without a team

I doubt that but you never know...

When Racing point took over from Force India recently they were adamant on changing the name mid season, i'm thinking the new management that takes over William's may also consider that, but never say never..

1 hour ago, blackpebel said:

OK, but how is that related to Williams case. I don't think Frank and Clair are going to be associated actively with F1 after this point. Brawn is Actively associated with F1 because of the position that he holds within Liberty. And the 'Brawn GP' name is no where today, so I'm not sure what you are saying..

I doubt that but you never know...

When Racing point took over from Force India recently they were adamant on changing the name mid season, i'm thinking the new management that takes over William's may also consider that, but never say never..

I too, think it will change... sadly

2 hours ago, blackpebel said:

That IS apples & oranges, though U have just confirmed my theory. 
U brought Force India into this, from where? 
What did Force India EVER achieve? 
Williams has a long F1 history, Williams Racing R in the record books - forever, with design guru Newey and bull dog Mansell amongst a number of other achievements 

1 hour ago, BradSpeedMan said:

And the 'Brawn GP' name is no where today

Mercedes IS former Brawn GP.
The name IS there by association

U brought Force India into this, from where?

From the fact that the sale of both the teams that we are talking about, happened Mid season, and we were discussing changing of names

What did Force India EVER achieve? 

Based purely on Stats.. not a lot.

But that team structure was a lean and efficient one. Some people consider that they were over achieving for the budget that they had.

Williams has a long F1 history, Williams Racing R in the record books - forever, with design guru Newey and bull dog Mansell amongst a number of other achievements 

Force India had a short history, and Im sure had the finance not been an issue, this lean structure that they have would have brought good results in future...

Mercedes IS former Brawn GP.
The name IS there by association

In the same way, Williams name would probably only be available in future BY ASSOCIATION, nothing more

2 hours ago, blackpebel said:

Force India had a short history, and Im sure had the finance not been an issue, this lean structure that they have would have brought good results in future

U just descrided F1, shoulda woulda coulda 
Murryism - F1 is if spelt backwards
Finance IS an issue in formula 1 - it always has been.
Though in the days of Mansell, it were different - would have got out and pushed the V8 over the line

Brawn GP innovation - remembered by Innovation NOT just by association.
Brawn GP brought the diffuser