Clicky

Sign in to follow this  
Quiet One

The Legend Goes On

ūüôā¬†Legend, indeed!

With his performance and persona, both inside and outside of F1, he has done well to deserve that Title.

Ay Ay Ay ,,  What a news... Although its bitter sweet considering its with Renault, that has a, well, a Renault engine.

Saw Alonso's Post . I guess he was needing to build around a formula that is fair to the drivers, and rightly so. Infact by now, we all realize that need!!!!

He's definitely got the balls to race wheel to wheel with the best, and the composure of a monk. Regardless of whether the car is good or no..

Undeniably, with the grit and passion he bring to racing in a formula 1 Car (any racing car for that matter), he truly deserves a spot on the Grid.

Good for F1, Good for Renault, good for racing...

1 hour ago, BradSpeedMan said:

He shud stay home and bake sum pancakes

Mommy, mommy! Big bad wolf Alonso is gonna eat my Kimi alive! :p

Hehehe. Are you ready for WAR, my dear Brad?¬†‚ėļÔłŹ

1 hour ago, Quiet One said:

Mommy, mommy! Big bad wolf Alonso is gonna eat my Kimi alive! :p

Hehehe. Are you ready for WAR, my dear Brad?¬†‚ėļÔłŹ

...and play with his dog called woofie

Seriously, Happy that u are. Also, if it makes u check in more often...

3 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

I'm sure he did that during his time off ūü•ě. Plus won a couple of more awards in other highly respected racing series.. I guess he did well in both¬†ūüėČ

By the look of it, Unfortunately, the Next one to take up the kitchen would be Vettle,,, and unlike Alonso, I don't think he's coming out of there..

55 minutes ago, blackpebel said:

I'm sure he did that during his time off ūü•ě. Plus won a couple of more awards in other highly respected racing series.. I guess he did well in both¬†ūüėČ

By the look of it, Unfortunately, the Next one to take up the kitchen would be Vettle,,, and unlike Alonso, I don't think he's coming out of there..

Who knows? IMHO Vettel was vastly overrated, but that does not mean he was a bad driver. Quite the contrary, I think he is very good. Dominant cars masked both the good and the bad of each driver (I think Hamilton is a lot better than his car lets him display). WInning in easy mode (something even Alonso did againts a declining Ferrari and a mechanically unreliable McLaren) many times deprive good drivers from the chance to truly shine. In any case, I think Vettel, Hamilton and Alonso were all quite capable of winning WDCs even with a more even field. But that's not the case. The truth is the field is so uneven and the cars so reliable that there's barely any real suspense. But what you don't have in terms of real competition you can make with personality, attitude and some flair. And in that sense I think Vettel is a legend, and I hope he stays around. I want more Verstappens, Ricciardos, Vettels, Hamiltons, and Alonsos and fewer Bottas and Rosbergs. If races are going to be so predictable, at least give us some Hollywood characters!

1 hour ago, BradSpeedMan said:

...and play with his dog called woofie

Seriously, Happy that u are. Also, if it makes u check in more often...

Won't make any promises. But our rivalry never gets old does it? ūüėõ

2 minutes ago, Quiet One said:

Who knows? IMHO Vettel was vastly overrated, but that does not mean he was a bad driver. Quite the contrary, I think he is very good. Dominant cars masked both the good and the bad of each driver (I think Hamilton is a lot better than his car lets him display). WInning in easy mode (something even Alonso did againts a declining Ferrari and a mechanically unreliable McLaren) many times deprive good drivers from the chance to truly shine. In any case, I think Vettel, Hamilton and Alonso were all quite capable of winning WDCs even with a more even field. But that's not the case. The truth is the field is so uneven and the cars so reliable that there's barely any real suspense. But what you don't have in terms of real competition you can make with personality, attitude and some flair. And in that sense I think Vettel is a legend, and I hope he stays around. I want more Verstappens, Ricciardos, Vettels, Hamiltons, and Alonsos and fewer Bottas and Rosbergs. If races are going to be so predictable, at least give us some Hollywood characters!

Won't make any promises. But our rivalry never gets old does it? ūüėõ

Enjoy it as much as u do my friend

9 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

Technically HAVE 2 B DEAD 2 B a legend - so NOT a legend blackpebel

The Man, The Legend,,, Indeed!

Well then, I guess its fair to say that he's a¬†living Legend¬†ūüėČ

He's made quite a personality for him self, over not winning more then 2 F1 titles. He surely wears his heart on his sleeve, but That's the Fernando that we know today... fierce, and never giving his opponents or his team mate (or at times his own team) anything they can take away from him.

Is that being selfish, maybe. But when someone wears his selfishness as his Armour like he does, you got to respect the originality of the personality. No wonder he is infamous amongst so many!

I'm Glad to see him back!!!!!

5 hours ago, blackpebel said:

The Man, The Legend,,, Indeed!

Well then, I guess its fair to say that he's a¬†living Legend¬†ūüėČ

He's made quite a personality for him self, over not winning more then 2 F1 titles. He surely wears his heart on his sleeve, but That's the Fernando that we know today... fierce, and never giving his opponents or his team mate (or at times his own team) anything they can take away from him.

Is that being selfish, maybe. But when someone wears his selfishness as his Armour like he does, you got to respect the originality of the personality. No wonder he is infamous amongst so many!

I'm Glad to see him back!!!!!

Expect the car to go backwards in  development, to the point the other driver wont be able to drive... he'll need a good car to make some impression..

Maybe Renault shud bring bck illegal mass-dampers.. they have after-all, perfected it

On 7/10/2020 at 9:40 AM, BradSpeedMan said:

U can get them READY made BradSpeedMan  - Just reheat
OR have U NOT seen them ? Save a LOT of time & effort - like gettin married

18 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Expect the car to go backwards in  development, to the point the other driver wont be able to drive... he'll need a good car to make some impression..

Going back? 'Going back' wouldn't really matter with the new rules coming into effect from 2022, coz everyone starts on the same level. And that is what Renault are aiming for. Hope they are able to make an impression in what is a new era for F1.

Unfortunately, Merc and Honda are still going to hold an advantage over Ferrari and Renault PU's

By the look of it, they have already given up on 2021.

18 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Maybe Renault shud bring bck illegal mass-dampers.. they have after-all, perfected it

Its funny how the educated and experienced race stewards deemed them legal,,,, but back then FIA (Ferrari International Assistance) helped get em banned.

9 hours ago, blackpebel said:

Going back? 'Going back' wouldn't really matter with the new rules coming into effect from 2022, coz everyone starts on the same level. And that is what Renault are aiming for. Hope they are able to make an impression in what is a new era for F1.

Unfortunately, Merc and Honda are still going to hold an advantage over Ferrari and Renault PU's

By the look of it, they have already given up on 2021.

Its funny how the educated and experienced race stewards deemed them legal,,,, but back then FIA (Ferrari International Assistance) helped get em banned.

I'm talking Alonso during Ferrari stint, when Kimi cud'nt even drive the car...

I don't know where u've been the last few years, but that FIA (Ferrari International Assistance) is just plain silly, as proven by everything that went against Ferrari the last decade

9 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

I'm talking Alonso during Ferrari stint, when Kimi cud'nt even drive the car...

I don't know where u've been the last few years, but that FIA (Ferrari International Assistance) is just plain silly, as proven by everything that went against Ferrari the last decade

I'm not sure where you have been for a decade Brad.. But just look at this year for example.. Ferrari doesn't have its s##t together, at all! And Maybe its not the drivers fault.. 

IMG_20200712_015145.jpg

From.. The IceMan!!!

Asked whether he was surprised by Alonso's comeback, the Alfa Romeo driver said: “No, I’m not surprised at many things in F1."

Raikkonen, who drove alongside Alonso for the Scuderia in 2014, added: “I think it’s good news for Formula 1 and obviously for him.

"We’ll see how that works out for both of them, but they have a lot of history together."

7 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Oh, Alonso had a race winning car, I assure you....

A race winning car??? Well, Frankly He was the only one out of the 2 that was making that car win races ... By comparison, Redbull had BOTH its drivers wining races throughout the season, and fighting for the WDC till the end... Both McLaren had their respective drives win races throughout that season..

A championship winning car... NOT even by a mile.. They finished 3rd in constructors, with Alonso almost 100 points clear of the 2nd Ferrari... (That car did win the 1st price in my imaginary beauty pageant of the best looking Ferrari F1 cars, gorgeous it was!!) :ferrari:

Alonso came to the last race of THIS Season with a lead in the championship! It was his to loose, and Ferrari made is possible with that horrible call for the 1st Pit stop ... Ferrari goofed up big time, and left Alonso without any tyres by the end... 

This last race, was one of the most memorable Final races of any season EVER,,,,,, Because of where Alonso dragged it ...

8 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

He just could'nt pass that Russian

Then again,,,, Yes, He just couldn't!!! Its unfortunate but Personally I wouldn't blame Alonso for the error in strategy...