Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Event 3 in Hungary (2020)

1 minute ago, Sakae said:

I could see Mattia on his knees tonight, pleading with drivers, please don't! Third row has all ingredients for beautiful crash tomorrow. Seb, Leclerc, Verstappen...all heroes are present and ready.

It's weird that we all have that inclination. Its a recipe for chaos! Let's hope not....

33 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

I noticed that since first Race BP... not the gap, but the dominance of that Merc engine...

This feels Unfair you know... Racing within F1 is in doldrums (has been for the last half a decade) with the disparity between the 4 Engine manufacturers... 

12 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

It's weird that we all have that inclination. Its a recipe for chaos! Let's hope not....

I hope so too. Enough of friction. Problem is, I do not trust Leclerc, and I do trust Verstappen even less. Both will want to make up as much ground as possible on the first lap, since this circuit is difficult for overtaking. I do fear there will not be any consideration whether they will take Vettel out of the race or not in the first turn. Moreover, just knowing situation Vettel is in, like with Grosjean a few years ago, they might take liberty with him. Stressful moments for a team and fans alike.

It might not be first time when Seb will attempt to avoid collision with one car on his side, and contacts a car on the other side. Depends how bad it is going to be. He did not had best start last time, but it was due to his consideration that he was deep in the field, and played extra careful, until Leclerc shown up.

Fingers crossed in this race.

I'm thinking,, bottas and Lance would have a better start then hamilton.. They are both sharp on the clutch when the red light goes off..

Can't say much about his overall racecraft, but Lance has been very impressive with his race starts.. Hope he'll show some skills while starting behind Ham... Not sure if mediums would support him though

2 hours ago, Sakae said:

since this circuit is difficult for overtaking.

U have just described most, if not all of the circuits on the race calendar. 
What makes, the Red Bull ring Hungary, any DIFFERENT from the other tracks ?

1 hour ago, blackpebel said:

I'm thinking,, bottas and Lance would have a better start then hamilton.. They are both sharp on the clutch when the red light goes off..

Can't say much about his overall racecraft, but Lance has been very impressive with his race starts.. Hope he'll show some skills while starting behind Ham... Not sure if mediums would support him though

True, wud certainly spice things up...

5 hours ago, Sakae said:

I hope so too. Enough of friction. Problem is, I do not trust Leclerc, and I do trust Verstappen even less. Both will want to make up as much ground as possible on the first lap, since this circuit is difficult for overtaking. I do fear there will not be any consideration whether they will take Vettel out of the race or not in the first turn. Moreover, just knowing situation Vettel is in, like with Grosjean a few years ago, they might take liberty with him. Stressful moments for a team and fans alike.

It might not be first time when Seb will attempt to avoid collision with one car on his side, and contacts a car on the other side. Depends how bad it is going to be. He did not had best start last time, but it was due to his consideration that he was deep in the field, and played extra careful, until Leclerc shown up.

Fingers crossed in this race.

Oh my...so soon? 

Date 2020.07.19   Time 14:49 (UTC)

Good drive by Verstappen. RBR with RP seems like teams which may play a game with Mercedes on some circuits. (Well, for fun we can pretend there is a race.)

Honda - no surprise; I always expected them to come the the front lines with others.

Ferrari, a lap down? Mattia, Mattia...poor boy, what now? This is no good Mattia-chan. I thought Ferrari would have their chance on this twisty track, but I was off, very much off. Conclusion from the distance? There is more wrong on that car, than just PU deficit. This is most likely the end of this season for them. Total meltdown on horizon? Seb might be actually more lucky than originally assumed.

How.. did it get to this? Who made key decisions? Who's heads must roll...

They are not even good in race trim... Did they try and build the car around Leclerc.. questions questions

1 hour ago, BradSpeedMan said:

They are not even good in race trim... Did they try and build the car around Leclerc.. questions questions

Rumor has it, that Mattia is leading by group consensus, and heads of departments at the table aren't (allegedly) on the same page more often than not. Hard to say whether this is dirty slanderous accusation, or actually the truth. I think that Binotto possesses intellectual capacity to sort out good from not so good. Situation is diluted by forced (low budget) contraction, thus it's hard to say what's going on. I think however two guys at the top are least qualify to run a racing team. 

Leclerc was touted as someone who can drive and win in anything, so what happened today? Looks like when car is no good, he is not much better than Vettel.

1 hour ago, Sakae said:
1 hour ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer 

It WERE Elvis. oh oah

7 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

I'm thinking,, bottas and Lance would have a better start then hamilton.. They are both sharp on the clutch when the red light goes off.

>U do 2 MUCH thinkin - bet NOBODY has EVER said that about U B4 !!! lol 
UR theory fell down - Hamilton lights 2 flag SNORE fest

First impressions.

Comment by a poster on one of the websites after today's race:

Will Ferrari ever understand that Formula 1 is UK sport and that rules will always be rigged to match what UK teams need. Silly Ferrari. Made your own Championship

Another one (different person):

That's it I'm done with this bulls##t it's like watching the same movie over and over

Last one:

Why did Ferrari pit Charlie first when SV was ahead of him?

Sign of things to come?

21 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Sign of things to come?

I thought EXACTLY the same thing. It is clear is'nt it...

From Vettel side, all he haa to do is to get ahead of him. 

Why did Ferrari pit Charlie first when SV was ahead of him?

Because Ferrari is treating him as the #1. Isn't it an unwritten rule for any team that whomever is leading gets first crack at a pitstop?

Ferrari totally FVKCED Vettel's pitstop. And dont' tell me it was because he had to wait and sit whilst 4x cars passed him before leaving his pitbox. It was absolutely crap. Bad planning. They should have run him 1 more lap like Verstappen did. But Ferrari have sucked with strategy and pitstops for several years now :(

I love that Vettel got 6th and Le Little Moan Crybaby LeClerc got 11th and was moaning constantly on the radio. Take it like a man, you sounded like GRO crying and going on. Terrible.

Mark my words though, Merc have even more performance in that car! It's possible we might never see it at 100% either, they have so much dominance. And Wolff knows it too. That's what I've felt for several years now. They are punking everyone. All the game playing and saying Ferrari are the best, and we are having "problems", and we were lucky to finish the race etc. It's all a smokescreen because Wolff knows damn well that if they were to turn up and run those cars at 100% each race, and finishing a lap ahead of everyone that questions will be asked how come they are so much faster.

It's aggravating when people talk about Ferrari with their possible engine tampering, but give Merc a pass. They put it down to Hamilton. It's clear it's the engine and car too. No one thinks that isn't fishy? How are Merc so damn good and for so long? They must have had such a dominant engine and PU back in 2014 and 7 years later no team can come close. I find this strange.

PS. That was one hell of a boring race. I for real fell asleep and woke up near the end. F1 is only trading on past glory now. I don't care if Hamilton wins 20x WDCs, it's not special to me at all. Other than Rosberg, there has been zero proper down to the last race tension and excitement in each of the Merc years. This is intollerable and will go on forever until the next proper regulations change. If it's the same engine and PU, then prepare for another decade of Merc 1s and 2s.

I walked away from the F1 more then once in recent memory, only to return after couple of weeks, drawn to sport I love for so long, however what I see and read regarding Hamilton, Brown, Braun, narcissism, thinly veiled xenophobia in media and so called "fans", it is becoming increasingly difficult to force myself to stay. Thoughts that end is near are returning with increasing frequency. I am not anymore angry how Vettel is treated these days in his job. It's that way for a while, and now when he is leaving, nothing much is in stake for him, and neither for me. Should he secure a seat, my thinking may change (again), but I will have to think about it. 

One wonders what happen to Leclerc. OK, some tire stories are floating around, but he said car was difficult to drive, and no one blames him. Probably blame game is reserved for his teammate only. Vettel had tires at the end of their life cycle when RB overtook him, and Brundle (so called expert) raving on the mike - he (Vettel) missed the corner.

Is F1 out of money to hire and pay commentator who are slightly better in situational analysis? 

5 hours ago, KoolMonkey said:

Because Ferrari is treating him as the #1. Isn't it an unwritten rule for any team that whomever is leading gets first crack at a pitstop?

Ferrari totally FVKCED Vettel's pitstop. And dont' tell me it was because he had to wait and sit whilst 4x cars passed him before leaving his pitbox. It was absolutely crap. Bad planning. They should have run him 1 more lap like Verstappen did. But Ferrari have sucked with strategy and pitstops for several years now :(

I love that Vettel got 6th and Le Little Moan Crybaby LeClerc got 11th and was moaning constantly on the radio. Take it like a man, you sounded like GRO crying and going on. Terrible.

Mark my words though, Merc have even more performance in that car! It's possible we might never see it at 100% either, they have so much dominance. And Wolff knows it too. That's what I've felt for several years now. They are punking everyone. All the game playing and saying Ferrari are the best, and we are having "problems", and we were lucky to finish the race etc. It's all a smokescreen because Wolff knows damn well that if they were to turn up and run those cars at 100% each race, and finishing a lap ahead of everyone that questions will be asked how come they are so much faster.

It's aggravating when people talk about Ferrari with their possible engine tampering, but give Merc a pass. They put it down to Hamilton. It's clear it's the engine and car too. No one thinks that isn't fishy? How are Merc so damn good and for so long? They must have had such a dominant engine and PU back in 2014 and 7 years later no team can come close. I find this strange.

PS. That was one hell of a boring race. I for real fell asleep and woke up near the end. F1 is only trading on past glory now. I don't care if Hamilton wins 20x WDCs, it's not special to me at all. Other than Rosberg, there has been zero proper down to the last race tension and excitement in each of the Merc years. This is intollerable and will go on forever until the next proper regulations change. If it's the same engine and PU, then prepare for another decade of Merc 1s and 2s.

There was free space 4 seconds earlier, a gap.... they had to ensure he ended up behind Leclerc, which happened..

I searched usual places, however I am yet to find any remarks related to Vettel's (unusual) pitstop. Lack of interest by media, nothing from mouth of Binotto. At least I didn't find it. Imaging what would follow had this to happen someone else.

F1 official site Winners and Losers describes Ferrari as a Loser in Hungary event. Vettel - it was clear (through internal analyses when choosing race strategies) before a race, that Ferrari would be lapped (by MB AGM). The thing is, it's not just MB. It was also RP, and RBR as well. Decisively a bad weekend. I am not sure if Seb expected extend of the damage.

This is very first time I am hearing him describing such mindset before even a race started. If my personal reading is correct of car's weaknesses, then next race in UK could be far worse than what we have seen on Hungaroring. PU deficit on fast straights will probably play huge role for final race placing of Ferrari, Alfa Romeo, and Haas. There is nothing announced which could give Ferrari fans hope that engine will find its former strength.

43 minutes ago, Sakae said:

F1 official site Winners and Losers describes Ferrari as a Loser in Hungary event. Vettel - it was clear (through internal analyses when choosing race strategies) before a race, that Ferrari would be lapped (by MB AGM). The thing is, it's not just MB. It was also RP, and RBR as well. Decisively a bad weekend. I am not sure if Seb expected extend of the damage.

This is very first time I am hearing him describing such mindset before even a race started. If my personal reading is correct of car's weaknesses, then next race in UK could be far worse than what we have seen on Hungaroring. PU deficit on fast straights will probably play huge role for final race placing of Ferrari, Alfa Romeo, and Haas. There is nothing announced which could give Ferrari fans hope that engine will find its former strength.

Interesting Sakae...

Yes, it certainly does'nt bode well for Silverstone.. a power curcuit. What about Spa and Monza???! If that is to go ahead... Frustrating times ahead...

4 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Interesting Sakae...

Yes, it certainly does'nt bode well for Silverstone.. a power curcuit. What about Spa and Monza???! If that is to go ahead... Frustrating times ahead...

OK, just more embarrassments. Perhaps it will be NEW NORMAL, and fans will get used to it after a while. :D

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2020 at 2:10 PM, lipstick79 said:

Hamilton lights 2 flag SNORE fest

Hope that Lewis continues with these so-called snore fests, along with many more wins, and hopefully on to a 7XWDC. While joining  alongside with another great....Michael Schumacher.

On 7/20/2020 at 11:41 PM, Samouri said:

Hope that Lewis continues with these so-called snore fests, along with many more wins, and hopefully on to a 7XWDC. While joining  alongside with another great....Michael Schumacher.

Samouri everybody got bored snoozin to the great Michael Schumacher. 
They kept changin the rules, arguably to disadvantage him.  
Even with the Schumacher dominance, F1 were exciting.
Schumacher HAD challenges, he had 2 FIGHT 4 his titles.  
The likes of Hill, and the duels with Hakkinen - who Schumacher regarded his greatest challenger.
Verstappen and this era`s highly rated, are NOT consistently dueling. 
These cars just go into, auto pilot mode.  All the wheels pointed in the same direction, foot on the pedal sit back and cruise from lights out to flag.