Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Event 3 in Hungary (2020)

The FIA surely didn't disadvantage Schumacher with that special relationship, which that he had with those Bridgestone tires that he ran in his WDC's seasons.

It seem that one Merc was more dominant in the hands of Lewis, because Vettel came in second place in 2017 and 2018. While in both of those years, Bottas was beaten by Vettel.

15 hours ago, Samouri said:

The FIA surely didn't disadvantage Schumacher with that special relationship, which that he had with those Bridgestone tires that he ran in his WDC's seasons.

It seem that one Merc was more dominant in the hands of Lewis, because Vettel came in second place in 2017 and 2018. While in both of those years, Bottas was beaten by Vettel.

and yet, Lewis was beaten by Rosberg...

It also says alot about Vettel' performances, does'nt it, beaiting the other Merc driver in a dominant car...

7 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

It also says alot about Vettel' performances, does'nt it, beaiting the other Merc driver in a dominant car...

True….That's why I believe it's Lewis, and what he adds to the Mercedes, making it more of a  dominant car that it has been ever since 2014.

1 hour ago, Samouri said:

True….That's why I believe it's Lewis, and what he adds to the Mercedes, making it more of a  dominant car that it has been ever since 2014.

So a Vettel and Verstappen would do... likewise, in THAT Merc car

Bottas, like Rubens and Massa are loyalish #2s. Massa surprised everyone an almost won in 2009 so out of all the #2s he might have been one of the better drivers.

However Lewis isn't making the Mercedes smash everyone else due to just his divine skill. The car is the most dominant car in the history of F1, yet any Sky pundit, Brit or Lewis fan seems to ignore this fact. These same people hammer Vettel to try and make a point that only Newey was responsible for his WDCs, but give Lewis a free pass when it comes to his cars. History has shown Lewis has had a far faster and more dominant car for a longer period of time than Vettel. And rightly so, the results show this.

Maybe one day people will wake up and stop drinking the koolaid. Lewis is a great driver no doubt, but he is benefiting from the best car F1 has ever seen. And not just this years car, but for the past 6 years.

Lewis isn't making mistakes, not nearly as much as Bottas. Comparing the two drivers, absolutely Lewis is the best of the Merc ones. But put Vers, Vettel, and a select few other drivers in the 2nd Merc, and they would be doing so much better than Bottas. I've said it countless times, but Bottas is underperforming big time. Lewis isn't even driving at 100%, nor is his car turned up to I speculate 80% of maximum, yet he's creaming Bottas and the entire field.

26 minutes ago, KoolMonkey said:

Bottas, like Rubens and Massa are loyalish #2s. Massa surprised everyone an almost won in 2009 so out of all the #2s he might have been one of the better drivers.

However Lewis isn't making the Mercedes smash everyone else due to just his divine skill. The car is the most dominant car in the history of F1, yet any Sky pundit, Brit or Lewis fan seems to ignore this fact. These same people hammer Vettel to try and make a point that only Newey was responsible for his WDCs, but give Lewis a free pass when it comes to his cars. History has shown Lewis has had a far faster and more dominant car for a longer period of time than Vettel. And rightly so, the results show this.

Maybe one day people will wake up and stop drinking the koolaid. Lewis is a great driver no doubt, but he is benefiting from the best car F1 has ever seen. And not just this years car, but for the past 6 years.

Lewis isn't making mistakes, not nearly as much as Bottas. Comparing the two drivers, absolutely Lewis is the best of the Merc ones. But put Vers, Vettel, and a select few other drivers in the 2nd Merc, and they would be doing so much better than Bottas. I've said it countless times, but Bottas is underperforming big time. Lewis isn't even driving at 100%, nor is his car turned up to I speculate 80% of maximum, yet he's creaming Bottas and the entire field.

+1

Date 2020.07.28   Time 11:22 (UTC)
Leo, "If I don't like the way the times are moving, I shall refuse to accompany them.”

Dear Ola,

MB is a German company. (No need to remain you of it, is there?)

MB is financing its F1 presence on UK location. (You carry big stick.)

No more propping up narcissistic, ungrateful, foreign drivers who do act and talk as they are bigger than a team. End this masquerade today.

An accomplished German driver will be available in time of need.

Do it!

18 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

So a Vettel and Verstappen would do... likewise, in THAT Merc car

There is no doubt that if Vettel or Verstappen were driving a Mercedes. They both would have won races, and also WDC's. That would happen only if Lewis wasn't in the other Merc, on the opposite side of the garage.

1 hour ago, Samouri said:

There is no doubt that if Vettel or Verstappen were driving a Mercedes. They both would have won races, and also WDC's. That would happen only if Lewis wasn't in the other Merc, on the opposite side of the garage.

Ohhhhh. Samouri!!! Thats a bold claim...

Anyway, I think otherwise..

Glad to see you pop in again..

1 hour ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Everybody BradSpeedMan is entitled their own opinion....:thumb:

5 hours ago, Samouri said:

3 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Ohhhhh. Samouri!!! Thats a bold claim...

Glad to see you pop in again..

I'm going to go out on a limb and so to some extent agree with Samouri. If Rosberg could win a WDC, then having Vettel or Vers in the Merc could have meant they won WDCs as well. They certainly would have won races.

I find it a shame Hamilton won't allow a top driver to partner him. But there's history with that. I don't think he much like being beaten by Button. I know he says he would like Vettel or X driver in his team, but that's just empty words. The reality is he wouldn't.

4 hours ago, KoolMonkey said:

...I find it a shame Hamilton won't allow a top driver to partner him...

KM, is this factual, or just a friendly jab? I do recall quotes a year or two back, when he wasn't enthusiastic (in an interview) about his view on potentially partnering again Alonso, but that's about it. Moreover, as I understand it, his lack of interest in Alonso had to do more with political slant Alonso likes to play, rather than fear from competition.   

What is not in dispute in objective discourse, that Hamilton can get mighty cranky quickly, and falls into occasional meltdown, once he loses races.

Just my thoughts based on how Hamilton has acted vs what he says.

I mean we all remember his famous quote of him not wanting to win races easily.

"I tried to imagine what it would be like if I was winning races the way he is winning races. Me, I don't want to be able to be that far ahead, I want to be able to fight with him or whoever."

Sure thing bro. Hamilton winning races now is so easy and automatic, I'm surprise betting companies haven't opted out on the odds of him winning again.

On the track, Hamilton is fantastic. Off the track his mouth and attitude are why I do not like him. Add to that him acting like it's a non issue he's in the most dominant car F1 has ever seen. And I mean EVER. Since day 0. No other car has been this dominant and for so long.

18 hours ago, KoolMonkey said:

I find it a shame Hamilton won't allow a top driver to partner him. But there's history with that. I don't think he much like being beaten by Button. I know he says he would like Vettel or X driver in his team, but that's just empty words. The reality is he wouldn't.

It's pure speculation …….speculation on the part of many that Hamilton wouldn't want a top driver to partner him with Mercedes.

But, we do know as fact, in the case of Michael Schumacher, he didn't want any top driver to challenge him, and would accept having teammates like Eddie Irvine, Rubens Barrichello and Felipe Massa to partner him while driving for the Scuderia.

16 hours ago, Sakae said:
16 hours ago, Sakae said:

What is not in dispute in objective discourse, that Hamilton can get mighty cranky quickly, and falls into occasional meltdown, once he loses races.

Many drivers have a sour look on their faces, after losing a tough qualifying session or race, which just isn't limited to Lewis..

In regards to a driver going into a complete meltdown, once he loses a race. I can give you a unique example of the action taken by Fernando Alonso, after losing a Q3 session to Hamilton during qualifying for the 2007 Chinese GP. After the loss to Lewis. Fernando in a total meltdown, and full of rage, tore a bathroom door off it's hinges in the McLaren back area. Rip it off it's hinges. He had to be completely out of control, and beside himself in order for him to attack and rip down a bathroom door.