Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Events 4 and 5 GB (2020)

10 hours ago, Sakae said:

Junior is in FP2 - P1. Let this one sink for a while...

Done with thinking?

That's where we are with F1.

How good is Stroll. Tbh, the boy has suprised me. He's being competitive against Perez... and has already scored a few podiums, if Im correct...

In re: Uk Quali - Date 2020.08.01   Time 14:51 (UTC)

These are difficult times for some of us. I feel empty.

Hulk - a man of the hour. He is really something else, considering how long he was away (8+ months?), and how much time he had for preparation and then jump into a foreign car. OK, he is behind his junior, but that's totally understandable. In some way he performed better than Seb, whose life is falling apart right now in the front of our eyes. He cannot drive that car. Falling out of rhythm normally means with a few tenths and some drop on the chart, but Seb is totally off the chart. I am not going to pretend that I do understand what's happening to him. Is he perhaps under mental strain? Maybe realization that his, like for Hulk, the end of his life as a racer is near, and it is getting to him. 

3 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Hulk - a man of the hour. He is really something else, considering how long he was away (8+ months?), and how much time he had for preparation and then jump into a foreign car. OK, he is behind his junior, but that's totally understandable. In some way he performed better than Seb, whose life is falling apart right now in the front of our eyes. He cannot drive that car. Falling out of rhythm normally means with a few tenths and some drop on the chart, but Seb is totally off the chart. I am not going to pretend that I do understand what's happening to him. Is he perhaps under mental strain? Maybe realization that his, like for Hulk, the end of his life as a racer is near, and it is getting to him. 

The car upgrades were brought in to assist Leclerc my friend. I think Vettel did very well!!! Considering the time lost ..due to sloppiness and what else... 

Race is tomorrow Sakae

Going out on a limp here, but I have a good feeling for tomorrow...

wow. 1 second is a bit too much. Merc gets it right every year from 2014. 

I dont know if they are genius or the others are stupid and useless. 2022 cannot come soon enough. By the time lewis would be 8 time world champion. 

On 7/20/2020 at 7:29 AM, Sakae said:

Dark horse RP

I think U mean, pink horse - or more acurately pink Mercedes

2 hours ago, Master of his game said:

wow. 1 second is a bit too much. Merc gets it right every year from 2014. 

I dont know if they are genius or the others are stupid and useless. 2022 cannot come soon enough. By the time lewis would be 8 time world champion

Please no

Date 2020.08.02   Time 15:16 (UTC)

I have to apologize for not wanting to comment on this last race, but since I didn't watch it, I have nothing much to say. I am sure rest of you will manage without me. Good luck.

Wow, what a last few laps... Really good performance by Leclerc and both the Renaults and the Mclarens, although it was unlucky for Sainz at the end... The Renault PU's do seems to be doing a fair job on race days with such results, although they are marginally behind Honda.

Forgive me, but Its come to a point where I find Mercedes in dire trouble as exciting...

47 minutes ago, blackpebel said:

... The Renault PU's ...
although they are marginally behind Honda.

This is arguable and lacks clarity.
Ambiguity regarding, behind Honda.
Behind how?
What makess a PU better, ahead?
I would consider speed & reliability.  The most important things in a PU.
This year, with Alpha Turi as the works team and Red Bull the sister team.  Honda PU has the reliability, that it did NOT enjoy with Mclaren. 
The Honda PU has also demonstrated having speed.  Max having gained a number of fastest laps in the race, on occasions.
In conclusion I agree this places the Renault behind Honda, on performance at least.
The good thing about the Renault is, the reliability.  Often the bullet proof of the Renault puts them ahead of the Honda.
So to sum up, that is one mark each.  Which makes the 2 PU equal.
A different and arguable method of demonstrating this is to.  Look at the constructors championship table.
The Red Bull Honda team is ahead of the Renault works team.  Though there is ambiguity in using that method for demonstrating  

5 hours ago, Sakae said:

Date 2020.08.02   Time 15:16 (UTC)

I have to apologize for not wanting to comment on this last race, but since I didn't watch it, I have nothing much to say. I am sure rest of you will manage without me. Good luck.

I'll bet that if Bottas had won today, you would be singing, and praising Valterri to the high heavens, but with a  Lewis win you have nothing to say..

" I didn't watch it, I have nothing much to say."...……:roll:

On 8/2/2020 at 2:59 AM, BradSpeedMan said:

The car upgrades were brought in to assist Leclerc my friend. I think Vettel did very well!!! Considering the time lost ..due to sloppiness and what else... 

Race is tomorrow Sakae

Going out on a limp here, but I have a good feeling for tomorrow...

NO F1 driver, ex F1 driver, or any other race car driver loses speed in a straight line.

Captain Slow of Top Gear fame held the world record for a customer car in the Veyron Super Sport. Let that sink in for a bit. Captain Slow holding a record for the fastest in the world!

REGARDLESS if Vettel is struggling mentally -- being slow at the speed traps and down the straight is not a failing on Vettel's part. IT'S 100000% down to the engine, aero and car package.

Something is seriously seriously wrong at Ferrari and I agree Brad, I think Leclerc is driving a different car to Vettel.

Now we all remember the BS some years back about Webber going on about how he felt he was not the favoured one with not getting that front wing that one race weekend. Nevermind that he was offered the wing and turned it down. Nevermind that Vettel was dragged over the coals for supposedly stealing the wing and leaving Webber as disadvantaged. The question I bring up, is why hasn't there been any talk of Vettel not getting the same upgrades as Leclerc? Switch roles and we'd be hearing about it constantly. Can you imagine Leclerc staying silent if Vettel had been given car upgrades? Heck no, he'd be crying left right and center.

Ferrari are utter s##te. If anyone also thinks Kimi is now the slowest driver on the grid, then you need to double your morning coffee. Ferrari's PU and Engine are a disaster. Makes me wonder how Leclerc is so far ahead of the rest of the Ferrari stable. Car upgrades, and engine upgrades appear the only likely answer. Because driver skill is the difference between Bottas and Hamilton's results (not including tyre failures), not Leclerc and Vettel.

Date 2020.08.03   Time 4:47 (UTC)

Have you seen this?

Mercedes had at least 1022 HP in qualifying...

Honda is closest to Mercedes when it comes to pure power. The engine manufacturer is 28 HP behind. Renault now lags 37 HP, while Ferrari has 42 less HP to use than Mercedes.

Gap seems rather excessive for good racing.

Vettel: There's something fundamentally wrong, with me or with the car"

So, no matter your view on Vettel, he is saying 2 things...

1 st: As a  4 time world champ, there's either a possiblity that I am not capable to drive an F1 car.... or

2nd: There is indeed something wrong with the car. Judging by what happened to him over the race weekend (sloppiness on Ferrari's part due to time lost in practise...etc etc), this  seems more plausible. 

He threw in this one b4 that statement... I think I've been around long enough already. And of course, if I miss a few laps, it's not ideal. This weekend I had nowhere to go.

He is indeed, on his own. His Ferrari side of the garage are just there to put the car together...

Martin Brundle was goin on about Leclerc being 30 seconds ahead of Vettel. Well duh, he was stuck in traffic behind Leclerc, in a car he cud'nt drive...

Another F... You to you Binotto...

Ferrari team boss Mattia Binotto admitted that getting to the bottom of Vettel's struggles was the priority for the team now during the gap before next week's return to Silverstone.

"If you look at our race today, at least on Sebastian's side, it was a difficult race. On his car, we can do a lot more," Binotto told Channel 4.

"He lost some track time on Friday, which was not helping. But he was never confident with the car this weekend, so there is a lot of data to look at, to try to understand and to address it.

"So while eventually on Charles we will look at the data, and try to optimise and let's see what we can do, there is much to do on Sebastian."

With recent internal reorganization, Binotto announced his re-assignment from dual role of Technical Director and TP, to continue in later function only. That of course should not excuse last weekend result. Not too many in the paddock would hang poor showing solely on Vettel. I am quite angry reading his moronic PR trash, and then blaming his driver having no confidence in that car. Sounds very hollow and downright insulting. Is he telling us we should totally disregard potential punitive factor (for refusing accept lower pay) and believe in what? Unfortunately situation really offers itself for conspiratorial slant. I went from having warm feeing about this man to indeference, but now he is really rubbing me wrong way. I am disappointed with his performance.

Regarding British media - I wish to stay polite and civilized, thus I will stop now.

Yeah clear

4 hours ago, Sakae said:

Date 2020.08.03   Time 4:47 (UTC)

Have you seen this?

Mercedes had at least 1022 HP in qualifying...

Gap seems rather excessive for good racing.

"Nothing to see here..."

It's down to Hamilton's divine skill derrrrrr! Godly one might say. Total media silence from the press though. I don't claim Merc are cheating, but like Ralf Schumi said recently and myself as well, Merc aren't even running at 80% at the moment. The FIA are pathetic. They did everything they could to so slow down Ferrari during the Schumi years and also RBR during their heyday, but Merc are untouchable and appear to be protected too. Ever since that dodgy asf tyre test they have been on a streak that's for sure.

I'm not bummed because Ferrari, Honda and Renault aren't winning, I'm bummed because they can't even work on their cars and engine until 2022. Insane. No testing for teams and drivers, no being able to upgrade an engine, heck you can't even replace an engine anymore outside of the 4x allocated. What has it come to, F1 is utterly insane.

I"m just going to post this here. This is incredible. This is what F1 could be in modern times. Speed + innovation but still raw and exciting.

1 hour ago, KoolMonkey said:

I'm not bummed because Ferrari, Honda and Renault aren't winning, I'm bummed because they can't even work on their cars and engine until 2022. Insane. No testing for teams and drivers, no being able to upgrade an engine, heck you can't even replace an engine anymore outside of the 4x allocated. What has it come to, F1 is utterly insane.

Anglo-American management. F1 is run by PR people, lawyers, and accountants. People from FIRE sector. Sporting aspects are not evaluated on technical parameters, but from ROI point of view. I have to believe that. Engineers left to their own will not act in such an unintelligent or careless manner.

As to the comparison with Leclerc, Vettel reiterated that there was no obvious issue.

“On paper, both cars are pretty similar so it’s not the set-up,” he explained. “Also if you look around the lap, there’s not one place where maybe I’m driving poorly or there seems to be an issue.

“It’s the whole lap where I’m losing time, so we’ll have a look.”

Dr. Marko was puzzled, I read, about relative speed of Leclerc's Ferrari on straight compared to their car. Vettel reported going backwards relative to usually weaker teams. I don't expect Binotto explaining to us reasons for that.So yes, on paper the cars should have been similar, however some indications are, there was more to it under the hood.