Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Events 4 and 5 GB (2020)

1 hour ago, BradSpeedMan said:

As to the comparison with Leclerc, Vettel reiterated that there was no obvious issue.

“On paper, both cars are pretty similar so it’s not the set-up,” he explained. “Also if you look around the lap, there’s not one place where maybe I’m driving poorly or there seems to be an issue.

“It’s the whole lap where I’m losing time, so we’ll have a look.”

Correct Sakae... I pasted that because Ferrari was going on about how much downforce they added to Lerlec's car and thats why he was apparently so fast during qualifying on SkySports... What Vettel is implying is that it can't be the setup...

2 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Correct Sakae... I pasted that because Ferrari was going on about how much downforce they added to Lerlec's car and thats why he was apparently so fast during qualifying on SkySports... What Vettel is implying is that it can't be the setup...

Yes, I think so too.

20 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

This is arguable and lacks clarity.
Ambiguity regarding, behind Honda.
Behind how?

This is how... 👇

10 hours ago, Sakae said:

Date 2020.08.03   Time 4:47 (UTC)

Have you seen this?

Mercedes had at least 1022 HP in qualifying...

+

Honda is showing a clear edge on pure performance... A PU that performs good, gets you to a position where you get more points,,,, with reliability, you stay at that position... In that regards, Honda seems to be doing a far better job then Renault.

1 hour ago, blackpebel said:

In that regards, Honda seems to be doing a far better job then Renault.

Again ambiguity.
Statstics provided exclude probably the most important variable, driver. 

Why was Hamilton allowed to keep on driving with a flat tire?

Stewards did not investigate.

Why not?

Would they render the same decision for any other driver?

He was allowed to keep on driving because it was the Brit GP. No way they would have the balls to take a home win away from him.

50/50 if it was Vettel though. A part of me thinks they would have taken it away. I mean they took is Montreal win away and that was a BS decision. Hamilton the sneaky fvker took a soccer dive and pretended to swerve as though he was in some sort of danger. I think that hit Vettel pretty hard too.

3 hours ago, KoolMonkey said:

He was allowed to keep on driving because it was the Brit GP. No way they would have the balls to take a home win away from him.

50/50 if it was Vettel though. A part of me thinks they would have taken it away. I mean they took is Montreal win away and that was a BS decision. Hamilton the sneaky fvker took a soccer dive and pretended to swerve as though he was in some sort of danger. I think that hit Vettel pretty hard too.

Sadly...

Date 2020.08.04   Time 7:49 (UTC)

Any high hopes for the next race? I am hoping that both Mercedes's drivers will be invited to join Queen for Sunday luncheon, an invitation they cannot refuse.

Perez might be one more week in quarantine if I am not mistaken. I am hoping Hulk will get another chance.

Tire situation I am guessing cannot be resolved in a week, therefore I expect several rule changes (pressure, pre-heating, etc.).

I'm hoping Hulk gets a chance too. A real shame he wasn't able to drive and I bet he's hurting inside too.

Its happened a few times over the years that a dropin replacement driver hasn't been able to drive the race they've been brought in to drive for, due to a total car failure. The last one I can recall was André Lotterer.

2 minutes ago, KoolMonkey said:

I'm hoping Hulk gets a chance too. A real shame he wasn't able to drive and I bet he's hurting inside too.

Its happened a few times over the years that a dropin replacement driver hasn't been able to drive the race they've been brought in to drive for, due to a total car failure. The last one I can recall was André Lotterer.

Good memory, KM. Obviously you aren't a spring chicken anymore... :lol: 

I had high hopes for André. I know it was in a sh|tty Caterham, but he was still a very highly rated driver.

There are sooooo many good drivers who have never been given a chance in F1. Makes me hope one day we have a system like at Indy 500 where teams can turn up to qualify. Wouldn't that be a good show if a team fails to qualify but some new team does instead. The structure of F1 is terrible in so many ways.

4 minutes ago, KoolMonkey said:

I had high hopes for André. I know it was in a sh|tty Caterham, but he was still a very highly rated driver.

There are sooooo many good drivers who have never been given a chance in F1. Makes me hope one day we have a system like at Indy 500 where teams can turn up to qualify. Wouldn't that be a good show if a team fails to qualify but some new team does instead. The structure of F1 is terrible in so many ways.

We are on the same page.

Regarding new teams... there is, as you undoubtedly know, whole complex infrastructure which supports the event. There is no one on this Mother Earth who can keep up with that. Even relative small teams like RP has an armada of people who are designing a car. Undoubtedly a reason why there are no entrants interested to join, and I don't blame them. Who wants to repeat the same mistake Honda made, namely, come late, face all restrictions, and be ridiculed in the media (and by their driver) every time something didn't pan out. Thanks but no thanks, and I am in doubt 2022 will be different. People starting from scratch need at least 3 to 4 years just to have infrastructure in place, that is if they decide for traditional approach. I am not reading about anyone knocking on the door...yet there will be a lot of F1 people seeking a job. Problem might be, all good ones are taken.

I`m more interested in the tyres.
Will they B the same or will Pirelli make any changes to the compound? 
It indictes that goin long is NOT the better strategic option.  
There will probably B more pit stops on Sunday.  With teams NOT wantin 2 risk delaminations ...

I have to admit I turned off the race and went to bed at around lap 25. I still haven't seen footage of the last lap, but am hoping the next weekend isn't a procession as well, otherwise I'm going to find it very hard to justify staying up so late on a Sunday night to watch Hamilton the Divine lap everyone whilst not even driving at 80% speed.

...and I am in the market for a new shave brush, so, I was busy reading various reviews. It was very calming and satisfying time.

As much as we are fans of Kimi the end will come eventually. But I certainly expected more from Alfa. What a shockingly bad team at the moment. Imagine Kimi in an RP at the moment, he'd be killing it.

HAKKINEN: FERRARI NEED TO GIVE VETTEL THE CAR HE DESERVES

No Hakkinen, They will not give Vettel equal machinery as he will start beating golden boy again...

7 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

HAKKINEN: FERRARI NEED TO GIVE VETTEL THE CAR HE DESERVES

No Hakkinen, They will not give Vettel equal machinery as he will start beating golden boy again...

It's mystery what happened to Seb. I didn't expect any favours, but this is ridiculous.

I think it's pretty clear Ferrari are actually either sabotaging Vettel or intentially not assisting him.

How many bad and long pitstops has Vettel had?
How some his car is so much slower than Leclerc in a straight line? We're not talking about lap sleep or corner speed, but straight line speed.

Binotto should be fired. In fact the whole management of Ferrari should be shot on sight. Binotto will not be at the helm in 2022 either, that's my prediction.

16 hours ago, KoolMonkey said:

I think it's pretty clear Ferrari are actually either sabotaging Vettel or intentially not assisting him.

Those are 2 possible options, yes. But it's best we also keep an eye open for other possibilities, lest favouritism clouds our judgement.

I personally don't think Ferrari are acting malicious in their behavior against vettle on a race day. They are in some serious need of points and positions to show face to the Italian media, and people in general. This season, as it is, is hitting them hard, they wouldn't ruin it further by slowing 1 of their 2 cars down.

There is a very valid possibility that vettle has lost speed, or let's say atleast the motivation under the red garage. Its hard to question this if he is himself making an open assessment about his skills taking a hit. He went off on 2 occasions in the last race, in a manner which did not make sense. Generally He doesn't seem focused enough. Leclerc on the other hand has fire in his belly, and is using that to bring together all the focus he can to push that car.

Hopefully a change of scenery would help vettle.

Those are 2 possible options, yes. But it's best we also keep an eye open for other possibilities, lest favouritism clouds our judgement.

Correct you are, Ferrari would be rather out of their mind to sabotage one of their cars. Regarding favoritism, inverse state of mind is just as not helpful. As someone said, you never get a second chance to make first impression...

I personally don't think Ferrari are acting malicious in their behavior against vettle on a race day. They are in some serious need of points and positions to show face to the Italian media, and people in general. This season, as it is, is hitting them hard, they wouldn't ruin it further by slowing 1 of their 2 cars down.

There is a very valid possibility that vettle has lost speed, or let's say atleast the motivation under the red garage. Its hard to question this if he is himself making an open assessment about his skills taking a hit. He went off on 2 occasions in the last race, in a manner which did not make sense. Generally He doesn't seem focused enough. Leclerc on the other hand has fire in his belly, and is using that to bring together all the focus he can to push that car.

Hopefully a change of scenery would help vettle.

NO ONE loses speed in a straight line. Least of all a 33 year old ex 4x WDC. Motivation might be one thing, and I won't dump on him if he's feeling low and empty. But it's not even a question. No driver loses speed in a straight line. They lose it in the corners, and pushing the car to and past the limit. Thus that tells me there IS something wrong with Vettel's car. Or option 2 that they have given Leclerc an upgraded one.

I don't honestly think they are sabotaging him, but I do not feel they are supporting him either. Binotto with his public comments has thrown Vettel under a bus. Imagine what it's like behind the scenes. On other forums I've seen Vettel haters feel this situation is ridiculous. That says alot to me. When people who don't like someone also raise their voice that something is up, then you know something really is up.

I have always felt that the times Vettel has spun in the Ferrari is down to two things. 1) He's pushing the car harder and faster than it's setup to go. 2) He's not comfortable in the car, but is trying to overdrive the issue. Vettel's skills haven't degraded.

If there's one thing we know about Vettel is that he is meticulous. Apparently 2nd only to Schumi in his prep and thought when it comes to F1. I don't buy it for a second that he's lazy, but I do feel he's running on empty. Ferrari are giving him zero support at present. Car failures, equipment not setup right, lousy and lengthy pitstops, dodgy pitstop strategies.

This season can't end soon enough, I'm sick of it already. The novelty of F1 being back on has now been replaced with the dead set boredom of seeing two magnificent cars lapping the other teams, and we all know both Merc drivers aren't even close to going flat out. I saw a headline today with Hamilton saying he'd rather fight for wins. Sure sure, you said that years ago about not wanting cheap wins.

Farce F1 has to stop. Liberty have to sell it. Brawn either has to step up, or go back to being a TP. Todt is invisible. Can anyone name or list where F1 is improving on things? Anything?

27 minutes ago, KoolMonkey said:

... Can anyone name or list where F1 is improving on things? Anything?

May I suggest they are improving speed while travelling South?

From the distance IMO, F1 should be killed to death, and reincarnated in different shape and form with different people. I could be of course wrong, however as long as we have PR and financial people at the helm, I am failing to see any positives.

Berger has a few words about how he sees Ferrari: GP247 headline

“I saw it coming,” he said of their downturn in 2020. “If you were running in the past year an engine that was not within the regulations, and then take a closer look, you automatically always fall behind. “The time you gained is lost time. You then must catch up in development. It will therefore take some time before the lag in performance levels out. “Ferrari lost a second, that’s 50 to 60bhp. Before that, however, they weren’t ahead of Mercedes in terms of performance. So you are looking for 70 to 80hp. “At that level, it’s an incredibly hard job. It will be a year or two of work.”

Hard work? Unfortnately that's not enough. You need both, hard and smart work. World of effective, efficient, bright ideas. Is Ferrari capable of that? Hard to say, and answer might be painful.

BTW, are they allowed to work as much as they need to? I do suspect they are not, most likely a reason why they gave up on what they have, and began talking about 2022 - a year of new specs - as their target.