Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blackpebel

Spanish Grand Prix 2020

image.png.37abdd14e8236250077d5cd7f6c0075b.png

There is a reason why this track hosts the ritualistic pre-season test every year. Its a good marker for highlighting the prowess and synchronization of Both the Man and Machine behind our beloved Sport.

Vamos!

Official link to Spanish GP

Hey guys..

We just need a DNF from Hamilton to really make the title chase exciting. From not initially liking Max at start of his F1 career, the guy has grown on me as Ive seen a steady improvement... EVERY YEAR. I really think it's his time for a title now, with RBR also correcting and understanding their car better every race

He made a believer out of me, I'll support him in the near future

I am staying with Seb until he leaves, and then we will see how I feel about F1. Right now I am undecided about choosing a driver (after Seb). No one is pressing right buttons with me. (Maybe Ocon, but not now.) I rather suspect if Seb stays next 3 years, by then it might be a new F1 altogether.  It is becoming increasingly difficult to watch races, all on mute. Unfortunately that's the only way I can get trough the race without screaming on the screen.

1 hour ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Hey guys..

We just need a DNF from Hamilton to really make the title chase exciting.

Yay!!

1 hour ago, BradSpeedMan said:

From not initially liking Max at start of his F1 career, the guy has grown on me as Ive seen a steady improvement... EVERY YEAR. I really think it's his time for a title now, with RBR also correcting and understanding their car better every race

He made a believer out of me, I'll support him in the near future

Its saves like these where Max natural talent to hold a car is really shown...

If fp1 has anything to do with it... Vettel seems to have a fighting chance.... 

I'm sure he has cracked Ferrari into giving him a better setup this week.. 

FP2 tells a different story, really excited to see Daniel and Roman up there... I think the Haas setup is looking good, hope it converts to qualifying as well.

image.png.5bed27fc150d3d057461b31e17dc0c76.png

FiA's conference. Brown is attending. Why not Seidl  - registered as a TP for McLaren? He speaks English enough to muster an interview. Is Seidl actually allowed to watch these sessions so he would inform himself what Brown was talking about?

27 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Im trying to figure out for awhile now (few years). What is Croft smoking? How did he even get into the commentator box. Not only is he annoying, he's clueless

My issues - similar to yours - was resolved when I've discovered a mute button.  If you think about it, I don't need two clowns making subjective comments on the mike. There is much information and data right on the screen, and if you add iPad, data provided is sufficient as it is already. I used to say, I have difficulty to follow more than 3 - 5 drivers through the race, a reason why I never got into discussions that we need 35 drivers on the track.  Those two are just unwanted distraction for me.

On 8/11/2020 at 8:25 PM, Sakae said:

...... No one is pressing right buttons with me. (Maybe Ocon, but not now.)

The driver who I think IS pressin the right buttons, already HAS a Ferrari contract.
He IS Mr Consistent.  Swap Vettel with, the ice-cream man.  Alpha Romeo IS Ferrari B team.  Kimi WERE farmed off there,
Put him BACK in the first team Ferrari.  Reliable and STILL has a Ferrari contract.
Has WDC status, for marketin reasons/potential

2 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Im trying to figure out for awhile now (few years). What is Croft smoking? How did he even get into the commentator box. Not only is he annoying, he's clueless

Yeah,, like hand over some of the good stuff ...  :smoke:

3 hours ago, Sakae said:

My issues - similar to yours - was resolved when I've discovered a mute button.  If you think about it, I don't need two clowns making subjective comments on the mike.

I wouldn't suggest to mute off the commentary, you can simply laugh off the funny bits they are not all too bad..

15 minutes ago, lipstick79 said:

The driver who I think IS pressin the right buttons, already HAS a Ferrari contract.

Cant deny that..

16 minutes ago, lipstick79 said:

Swap Vettel with, the ice-cream man.

Nah,, I wouldn't do that.. I think Kimi too is at the end of his line... I guess its a fair time as any for them to both retire their helmet... Maybe it will be fun to see them in some category of racing..

42 minutes ago, blackpebel said:

I wouldn't suggest to mute off the commentary, you can simply laugh off the funny bits they are not all too bad...

You can recommend whatever you wish, however i have unplugged British commentary now for two years in a row, and I don't think i am missing anything. I have all data, I see track action, my blood pressure dropped down, and I sleep well without those vexing comments. Occasional replay of incidents on You Tube with commentaries merely confirms I am better off without those two.

9 minutes ago, Sakae said:

You can recommend whatever you wish, however i have unplugged British commentary now for two years in a row, and I don't think i am missing anything. I have all data, I see track action, my blood pressure dropped down, and I sleep well without those vexing comments. Occasional replay of incidents on You Tube with commentaries merely confirms I am better off without those two.

works well I guess..

33 minutes ago, blackpebel said:

works well I guess..

I am not sure what are you talking about. Brad was annoyed at something (which I didn't hear), but commonality we have - the same source of annoyance and for very long time at that. When I heard those two in later replay on YT of the accident in a race two when Leclerc hit Vettel's car, IMO their immediate reaction was utterly unprofessional, and it didn't take more than a few seconds to began insinuate Vettel's responsibilities for the collision. I really don't need such garbage.

17 minutes ago, Sakae said:

I am not sure what are you talking about. Brad was annoyed at something (which |I didn't hear), 

I know,, sorry for the miscommunication,,, When i Said...

1 hour ago, blackpebel said:

I wouldn't suggest to mute off the commentary, you can simply laugh off the funny bits they are not all too bad..

I was actually offering my suggestion to brad...

2 hours ago, Sakae said:

I am not sure what are you talking about. Brad was annoyed at something (which I didn't hear), but commonality we have - the same source of annoyance and for very long time at that. When I heard those two in later replay on YT of the accident in a race two when Leclerc hit Vettel's car, IMO their immediate reaction was utterly unprofessional, and it didn't take more than a few seconds to began insinuate Vettel's responsibilities for the collision. I really don't need such garbage.

Ive been. ANNOYED for awhile now. i mean.. ffs. This is Skysports...How the hell do someone like Croft get to commentate on F1, in front of the whole world. Even someone with basic knowledge of F1 can do better. And Brundle shud stay trackside... Methinks he belong there

There's so many great commentators out there, with great tech knowledge. Chanchok has been impressive for Sky, maybe move him up

12 hours ago, blackpebel said:

I think Kimi too is at the end of his line..

Whilst I agree with this, in that Kimi has NOT got the enthusiasm and dynamic of the newer generation.
He IS proven reliable, stable and already HAS a high payin contract in his pocket.  Which IS Y Ferrari found a seat in the B team.
So he CAN keep racin - Kimi is NOT the long term answer obviously.  Though he IS a solution 2 the mess that Ferrari HAVE made 4 themselves.
Whilst the likes of Lecleric R gainin track milage and race experience.  

Mercedes pair doesn't understand: "Thought I had a better second lap"

Well, Vettel also doesn't understand what is going on...things do happen even to good people.

So, Hamilton (not Mercedes) "blows them away", says one headline.

Only three (3) cars on a lead lap? Something is seriously wrong. I think Brawn and FiA lack competency to lead this series. Absolutely outrages situation with all those restrictions on corrective redevelopment cars so badly need, and to whose benefit?

Vettel, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Alonso, Kimi...they all had competition on their hands, and trophies were well deserved, but this...cheap and shameful beyond believe. 

25 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Only three (3) cars on a lead lap? Something is seriously wrong. I think Brawn and FiA lack competency to lead this series.

To be fair to Brawn and Liberty, they were sold a Faulty product by Bernie. Liberty purchased F1 when the damage of setting up the current regulations was still done.

They have ensured that the volatile Engine modes are banned going forward, that's good, but I guess that further plays in Mercedes's Hands.

The real test for Brawn, Liberty and FIA will show its true face come 2022

Despite all off-color comments about Vettel, he was under some strange tire strategy. I am not sure if Ferrari is so incompetent, or shameful, but he was very close to DNF. What's happening there?

IMG_20200816_212646.thumb.jpg.47aa69c577acdc1432239c4bfd893d2c.jpg

Not surprised by the podium. It was good efforts by stroll. And definitely good commitment by sainz till the end...