Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blackpebel

Belgian Grand Prix 2020, SPA-FRANCORCHAMPS

image.png.ade502854db48066e7d0857776d5f642.png

One of the most Iconic race tracks out there. There is a reason why a lot of drivers have this one on their Fav list, some on the top. Known for its undulations, and the beautiful Belgian scenery that it is covered with. It has Some of the most unconventional turns (compared to the current crop of tracks), they are a sheer adrenaline pump to the drivers, Especially Eau rouge which goes uphill on a full throttle ..

In case you were confused about all the names that this track has HERE .. :thumb:

This track has produced one of the most Iconic overtakes ever.. split-streaming 2 cars at once to cover the inside corner was a pure work of art and instinct in an F1 car by Mika...

Official F1 link to the race.

4 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Poor Zonta. That must have been fun for him.

Mika loved it, Not sure if aaa, Not sure if aa michel did :P

43 minutes ago, blackpebel said:

Mika loved it, Not sure if aaa, Not sure if aa michel did :P

Yes, Michael admitted later it was impossible for him to hold off very fast McLaren much longer, and it was merely a question of time. It was probably one of a few good (or prominently memorable) races for Häkkinen in his career. 

Ban of qualification mapping of the PU has been postponed until the race in Italy. I had some minor thoughts about it and at the end I realized I am so tired of F1 shenanigans, that I don't care. There is so much "help" afforded to teams like McLaren, Williams, and alike, that formerly competitive GP series became farce. One more stupid rule change makes no more any difference. It didn't bother Brawn and FiA for several years, so why bother in the last leg and in mid season after Mercedes already is safe for WDC, WCC? 

Date 2020.08.28   Time 11:01 (UTC)

FP1

Notable: Ferrari is behind Alfa Romeo. Kimi is faster than both red cars. Just, but he is.

I cannot recall in my long association with GP racing as a fan, that I would see or remember anything of that kind. The PU is badly out of shape, as score board indicates. Haas with Ferrari's PU is also in trouble.  But then, maybe PU is as good as FiA prescribed, and one should ask, whether the other teams are singing from the same regulation page. 

Last question - is Binotto really sure he will be safe at Italian races with these kind of results?

Kimi Raikkonen Alfa Romeo +1.211

Charles Leclerc Ferrari +1.266

Sebastian Vettel Ferrari +1.686

Nicholas Latifi Williams +1.995

George Russell Williams +2.077

Kevin Magnussen Haas – DNS

Romain Grosjean Haas – DNS

Antonio Giovinazzi Alfa Rom

FP2

image.png.2f6c322105a230e1c1024f2038142931.png

Pitiful is not that car is not competitive as it can or should be, but that a lot of people derive pleasure of it. 

On the other end.. Its encouraging to see Danny boy and Max up there... Qualifying should be interesting..

image.png.6ce0dd8fca9a87dcd02263a1998171a3.png

11 hours ago, blackpebel said:

On the other end.. Its encouraging to see Danny boy and Max up there... Qualifying should be interesting..

image.png.6ce0dd8fca9a87dcd02263a1998171a3.png

Don't know about Ric, but hoping Max keeps this up

Date 2020.08.29   Time 11:14 (UTC)

FP3

Seb #20. Excellent placing. WTH...

Ocon / Renault could do better than usual in the race. Weather probably has something to do with the grid formation, altho Mercedes is Mercedes, what else is there to say. 

Hey Bradspeedman, just thought I'd drop by to say hello   :wub:

I didn't watch the last race apart from the start, in fact I haven't really watched any of the races properly this year. I just can't summon up the enthusiasm for it at all somehow. I will watch Spa though, it's the best track on the calendar in my view and  will hopefully produce a good race.

Stay safe and well all :)

Renault PU's and overall package seem to be working well in spa.. I would love to see Ric on the podium.. Really keeping my fingers crossed for Cyril to get that tattoo 😉

24 minutes ago, Lyria said:

Hey Bradspeedman, just thought I'd drop by to say hello   :wub:

I didn't watch the last race apart from the start, in fact I haven't really watched any of the races properly this year. I just can't summon up the enthusiasm for it at all somehow. I will watch Spa though, it's the best track on the calendar in my view and  will hopefully produce a good race.

Stay safe and well all :)

Hi L. Good to see you!!

Enjoy the race

😘

Date 2020.08.29   Time 14:09 (UTC)

Wonderful. Ferrari made into Q2, unfortunately could not beat Minardi.

Renault is performing well, and so is Honda. 

Ferrari guys can end up on podium. Why not? Maybe guys ahead of them will get flat tire, or something goes wrong... it's not over until its over.

54 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Ferrari guys can end up on podium.

I highly doubt that given normal circumstances. Renault and Redbull are looking good to cover up the podium.

You obviously don't understand what it means when I am suggesting for Ferrari to field podium, all cars ahead need to have flat tire first.  Mind you, when Panis won Monaco from P14, initially it also sounded as a joke.

Toto Wolff suggested that Ferrari is paying for “decisions” made in recent years by “certain members” of the team, following its poor performance in 2020.

Is Torger blaming Binotto for current mess? It could be interpreted that way. 

Not only him... (hint)

The problem is making the decision to go for a youngster and building a car around him. Ferrari never ever went that way in the past. They always had an experienced driver through the years...With Vettel they had a chance and good car development feedback to beat mighty Merc on a good day. 

I want Binotto to stay, as KoolMonkey has suggested. Hehe. Let them drag that brand down to the ground for those bad decisions they made...

I like this, sounding more mature and wiser as he gets older...

"I can't talk for them and I don't want to. What is there to say? I can't judge them. I just focus on what is happening in my team. I think that's the most important thing", concludes Verstappen.

Nice one Max, will be rooting for you soon (when Vettel and Kimster leaves)

It's both rather discouraging, and infuriating to see the state of Ferrari that it's in today, which also doesn't look too good for them, in the upcoming 2021 season.

Ferrari got it wrong THIS season (2020)
ONLY an idiot makes the SAME mistake, over AND over 
I do NOT anticipate that Ferrari WILL make similar mistakes for 2021
Changes CAN and WILL B made

OK, I don't like kicking somebody who felt on the ground, but I would be genuinely surprised if Ferrari will insist all is fine and we don't need any changes. If that should be a case, I think Italian media will change their minds for them.

What I want to know now, how many in Italian media reporting on F1 suffered nervous break down yesterday and need to be hospitalized?

3 hours ago, Sakae said:

OK, I don't like kicking somebody who felt on the ground, but I would be genuinely surprised if Ferrari will insist all is fine and we don't need any changes. If that should be a case, I think Italian media will change their minds for them.

What I want to know now, how many in Italian media reporting on F1 suffered nervous break down yesterday and need to be hospitalized?

They brought it on themselves