Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blackpebel

Belgian Grand Prix 2020, SPA-FRANCORCHAMPS

1 hour ago, BradSpeedMan said:

They brought it on themselves

Yeah, well, you can say that, but don't forget FiA's F1 division is not run by Italians. There is still a lot of UK staff, if not ex-Mosley men. I cannot accuse them from anything but suspicion their loyality is to UK, rather than Italy. That hatchet job what FiA did on Ferrari's PU could use some explanation. It was far too good solution for the competing teams like McLaren, RBR, etc. That secrecy farce over an sweet agreement with FiA is a pure side show IMHO. We actually do not know how compliant with those "new" specs are the competing PU(s). That's a fact. Those other PUs never were questioned by the same rules, and such rigor. So, before they all go saint on us, let's put all cards on the table first. Is it time to talk about unfair advantage Cowel was permitted to gain on a car Hamilton drives? /per Ecclestone. 

In addition, that most recent mockery of Ferrari we have seen on the internet in my view is sign that we have a lot of unhealthy minds around this sport. At the end, yes, Ferrari committed a body design mistake, and in current environment they will suffer while trying to correct it, and they will suffer for quite a long time. Serves them well for not cooperating with others to smooth some rough regulatory edges, however as Wolff said, this - Ferrari at the end of grid - is actually not good for F1 image and competition.  I do agree with him.

Apparently, Sainz is not going to start the race due to exhaust Failure

Well would you believe it, I just saw an Alfa romeo of Raikonen ovetake a Ferrari of Vettel

Really good race for Daniel and gasly.. Gasly Rightly got the driver of the day some great overtaking maneuvers and tyre management ..

Makes me think, Verstappen is very much special when u compare him against gasly kvyat and Albon..

What a s##t race for Ferrari. I wonder what will happen to them in Monza

It's fair to assess that Renault would overtake Ferrari by the next race.. 

Ferrari is obviously readying for big comeback from far behind. Can't wait. Renault and Honda are OK, pretending they are in the fight, Ferrari cannot do that much right now. What else is new?

What I can't understand is why Seb didn't stop by the roadside and had some piccolino espresso for the road. Simply exquisite break from hard day in the office..

Lewis Hamilton led but could not shake Valtteri who stalked him in the one-to-two-second range, keeping the leader honest. On lap seven, the Finn was ready to attack and asked over the radio: “We have one push now?”

His engineer responded: “We do, but we agreed not to use against each other.”
“I’ve never heard of that!” was the incredulous reply from the #77 c#ckpit.

Sounds like it was clarified to Valtteri who is No. 1 and who is No. 2. Hamilton can talk about equal opportunity, but facts seems somewhat different. 

3 hours ago, Sakae said:

Ferrari is obviously readying for big comeback from far behind.

I highly doubt that. With the way the whole PU Reg's are setup, I don't think Ferrari has a lot of opportunity to develop their PU further..

They may have some opportunities on circuits that are not power hungry..

7 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Sounds like it was clarified to Valtteri who is No. 1 and who is No. 2. Hamilton can talk about equal opportunity, but facts seems somewhat different. 

Sad but true...

On 8/30/2020 at 4:02 PM, blackpebel said:

It's fair to assess that Renault would overtake Ferrari by the next race.. 

The BEST day`s for Renault since, finger boy - Vettel.
Seb MAY have been number 1, though his time HAS gone 
Everybody else HAS moved on
Seb HAS gone backwards

2 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

Everybody else HAS moved on

Maybe

2 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

Seb HAS gone backwards

Although I don't think that seb has gone backwards per say...

On the other hand.. Its also tough to deny your claim given the number of mistakes he has made over the last couple of seasons.

I think he is still the same as before,,, just in an worst car compared to the grid, and a highly competitive team mate..

blackpebel
I respectfully disagree, the stats R there.
Seb HAS gone backwards - finishin LOWER than where U started IS goin backwards. 
He is NOT the current WDC, or for a number of years previous - so he IS goin backwards

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2020 at 10:54 AM, blackpebel said:

What a s##t race for Ferrari. I wonder what will happen to them in Monza

Fortunately the Tifosi will not be able to attend this upcoming potential disaster. Monza a favorite of mine, and I will surely miss not seeing that huge Ferrari flag being carried by the huge crowd of Tifosi, at the end of the race.