Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

This thread is closed for technical reasons (former AM/RP)

Date 2020.12.28   Time 19:13 (UTC)

Thinking loud

I am considering Vettel a real thinker who does heavy lifting among drivers. I do agree with him almost on everything in linked article. Very good.

“I think it is precisely this pioneering role that can ensure the survival of our sport. We have the most efficient internal combustion engine in the world but it is of no use to the world, because the way we use it will never find its way into mass production.”

Relevant. 

22 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Date 2020.12.28   Time 19:13 (UTC)

Thinking loud

I am considering Vettel a real thinker who does heavy lifting among drivers. I do agree with him almost on everything in linked article. Very good.

Relevant. 

Precisely. Great Link. I'm trying to think of another F1 driver on the grid who talks as much sense as he does.  I don't hear/read any thoughtful constructive commentary from anyone else. It helps that he has a great knowledge of F1 history. a Great ambassodor for the sport. Kimi on the other hand, just don't care about the politics and only lives for the thrill of racing.

He's opened up interesting debate from the readers below, I think the Sebee guy used to be a regular contributor to the jamesallenonf1.com site. 

In British Racing Green. 

I didn't know green color bears British passport, but then, those people also claim fish swiming in the sea carry UK passports as well and belongs to them.

New Year is here, and I do remain unsettled and unease over Seb signing his life to them.

As binary choice, retiring was probably the better one IMHO, but then, that's his life, and who am I to tell him what he should have done.

Date 2021.01.02   Time 8:57 (UTC)

Vettel on crossroads, and a few thoughts on the past and future.

Bianca Garloff is a German journalist. The original has been conducted in native German. I find this interview refreshing and without being left with feeling of guilt just because Vettel is still breathing. (I cannot say the same after some other interviews...) 

Looking forward to see the AM car reveal, and then first testing. Being realistic, there's no chance AM win either championship, but podiums is a realistic goal. Who knows, maybe a race win too, but I can't see that happening just yet.

3 hours ago, KoolMonkey said:

Looking forward to see the AM car reveal, and then first testing. Being realistic, there's no chance AM win either championship, but podiums is a realistic goal. Who knows, maybe a race win too, but I can't see that happening just yet.

Maybe so.

Consider however how much rebranded team needs to improve to reach podium and stay there. It's still basically the old RP, known entity, and new name, and paint job adds noting but more blabbing on the internet about iconic brand. Admittedly I'm not sure what iconic means, but Brits use that word often. (From shaving soap to a car, and everything between). The driver change attracts more Vettel haters, and that, predictably, already started. 

Point is, rivals don't stand still, and they will be better than last year.

Mercedes, Ferrari, Red Bull, ...they are in different league IMO.

Now we need to wait what else father can buy for his son. Any impactful addition in brainpower department could probably only improve situation in 2022. For this season it's too late.

AM is going to attract more talent in the garage than the pink panthers. So rebranding has many positives other than just better looking cars. There's word there would be some big moves for personal at AM. It would be foolish to think it's someone like Newey, but I do believe AM are going to be better this year than last year.

I am not sure what is Cowell doing these days, but he could be perhaps available to manage next generation of hybrid development for AM. It will be interesting how much authority customers will attain over engine units.

Date 2021.01.06   Time 8:24 (UTC)

F1-Insider:

He (Vettel) is particularly excited about the Mercedes engine, the acknowledged leader in the powertrain sector. So far in his career, Vettel has only driven with Renault, Ferrari and BMW engines. But never with the monster power unit from the Stuttgart racing engine factory in Brixworth.

Vettel: “Of course I’m mega-excited to see how it feels.”

Alone: He’s not changing everything. With trainer Antti Kontsas and press lady Britta Roeske, he brings (with him) two longtime companions...

Sounds like Sebastian is catching second breath, developing fever over MB, and all new stuff, but preserving some old comfort as well. His approach sounds genuine and so far all good.

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Date 2021.01.06   Time 8:24 (UTC)

F1-Insider:

Sounds like Sebastian is catching second breath, developing fever over MB, and all new stuff, but preserving some old comfort as well. His approach sounds genuine and so far all good.

Yes... It explains his curiosity comment. He's excited,/rejuvinated. He will work hard to make this project work, as he has always done.

Hope he really goes well...🙌

On 1/4/2021 at 11:18 AM, KoolMonkey said:

AM is going to attract more talent in the garage than the pink panthers. So rebranding has many positives other than just better looking cars. There's word there would be some big moves for personal at AM. It would be foolish to think it's someone like Newey, but I do believe AM are going to be better this year than last year.

Thinking about this more, as they said with Vettel, real statemet of intent/purpose. Stroll and co. has high ambitions, but they need one or 2 big names. 

Interesting you mentioned Cowell Sakae. What's e really up to, no one knows for sure. How can he impact a customer team like AM if they offer him a good deal. Or even RBR with their plans of building their own engines, if the rumours are true. He will be a valuable asset to any team

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.four-reasons-why-engine-guru-andy-cowells-departure-from-mercedes-is-so.55q9Xo8pdHZKN3nuQ9JfK0.html

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.andy-cowell-on-what-convinced-him-about-leaving-mercedes-and-why-hes.1wh9mWpVEhqVbzZg3k7Ixl.html

Aston Martin Cognizant Formula One Team

That's the name.

What happened to tradition that name of body constructor goes first, and engine maker second? Looks like owners of this team feel they can do whatever they want, and talk about tradition only when it suits them.

3 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

https://www.astonmartinf1.com/en-GB/

I can deduce from the website, that the car will have a nice luxurious feel to it and that it will be striking, and different. Waiting in anticipation

spacer.png

🤘 This looks like a good start for both the team and sabastian.. Mercedes is the only team with a decent engine, and this team has one behind them.. they should be doing well in 2021!

What kind of products keeps this manufacturing plant alive? In Tokyo, sipping my cappuccino and in comfort watching morning rush hour traffic, I noticed preponderance of Japanese made vehicles with number of German imports (AMG MB, BMW, Audi), occasional and isolated Ford, but nothing from UK (Jaguar, Rover, Aston Martin, McLaren). Maybe it was just coincidence or bad day for UK products. Last Sunday I have taken offer posted in Sunday internet-news pages, and checked what kind of cars American "stars" are driving. It was also surprising to learn people with money buying next to Mercedes also Rover, although not that much, Bentley one or two, Maybach, Audi, Ferrari, even one Lexus, and one Bugatti, but again I did not find McLaren owner, never mind Aston Martin. People do buy unique creations (especially Swedish made) running in several MM €, but some brands are probably on special order for special customer, and one is no privy to know much about it.    

Date 2021.01.10   Time 12:20 (UTC)

Binotto Warns Aston Martin Racing Will Have A ‘Competitive Advantage’ Over Ferrari

Binotto warned that F1’s 2021 development restrictions could help Ferrari’s rivals out-develop them, as teams which source parts from other constructors can use some of their 2020 specification components without using up their own development tokens.

Political manipulation who wins and who looses goes well.

Bravo. (Not really).

I would suggest to try German management for change having know-how how to run and succeed technically dependent sports. This situation was avoidable.

While Binotto is stating some facts, I don't think he relishes the idea of golden boy staring at the rear of Seb's car, or if  Seb whooses by. Leclerc will probably revert to taking Seb out again. There's no more subtle manipulation sabotage possible, Ferrari will fully deserve the backlash they are destined to receive.

...to continue this conversation...

It may help teams like McLaren, however it will not harm MB, yet Ferrari is definitely in a risk group destined to be left behind. Love him or hate him, Binotto has a case. Dirty F1 internal politics comes to mind. If this development block comes to fruition, not too many people will loose sleep over it, yet for some reason I am in odds how F1 is functioning. We want WCC, then let teams play it.

3 hours ago, Sakae said:

...to continue this conversation...

It may help teams like McLaren, however it will not harm MB, yet Ferrari is definitely in a risk group destined to be left behind. Love him or hate him, Binotto has a case. Dirty F1 internal politics comes to mind. If this development block comes to fruition, not too many people will loose sleep over it, yet for some reason I am in odds how F1 is functioning. We want WCC, then let teams play it.

Ferrari has been looked after by FIA for a while now, they have. a long term ageement Their worth as a valuable brand in F1 is over a billion. Not only that..."F1 has granted the Italian team veto powers and an annual bonus payment just for the cachet it brings to the series."

Don't complain and get your work done Binotto, you are surely lacking in that regard

1 hour ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Ferrari has been looked after by FIA for a while now, they have. a long term ageement Their worth as a valuable brand in F1 is over a billion. Not only that..."F1 has granted the Italian team veto powers and an annual bonus payment just for the cachet it brings to the series."

Don't complain and get your work done Binotto, you are surely lacking in that regard

Don't be mean on him, will you. He is in the deep as it is. :lol: 

Looking forward to Binotto's trying to denigrate Vettel's fine performances this year and making excuses as to why Ferrari are doing so sh|t.

The $1 bet goes to him saying something about the tokens and how Ferrari are disadvantaged. Thus = the results are purely down to that. Any great weasel has to be able to deflect and blame others.

Date 2021.01.13   Time 13:12 (UTC)

F1 off.site

Vettel unfazed by prospect of just 1.5 days of testing Aston Martin car ahead of 2021 season

Does this makes any sense? We need new people at the helm.

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Date 2021.01.13   Time 13:12 (UTC)

F1 off.site

Does this makes any sense? We need new people at the helm.

He should learn the limits of the car in a day. 1,5 days should be enough to acclimitize methinks