Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

This thread is closed for technical reasons (former AM/RP)

I think JV had a point though. That if you a true racer, s##tting your pants isn't going to stop you from racing.

Thus Jr was either properly in pain, or was a diva who wasn't prepared to go the full effort.

5 hours ago, KoolMonkey said:

I think JV had a point though. That if you a true racer, s##tting your pants isn't going to stop you from racing.

Thus Jr was either properly in pain, or was a diva who wasn't prepared to go the full effort.

I guess JV is hugely underestimating the severity of a medical condition such as Diarrhoea.

It can cause extensive loss of fluids from the body. This is the sole reason electrolytes are administered to someone suffering from the condition.

In a sport where loosing 2-3 kgs within 1 n a half hour is common. Someone suffering from stomach upset would be prone to nausea. THAT'S not safe for the racer himself or the other competitors.

Its not Jr who gets to have a call on this... A doctor aware of the physical strains F1 brings, would not allow an athlete to race, period.

JV is s##tting from his mouth as he does a lot of the times.

Guys, I take the part of Lance here. If the guy is'nt feeling well enough to drive, let him be. Imagine the negative rauscaus if he is to take another driver out high speed and causes some serious damage.

1 minute ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Guys, I take the part of Lance here. If the guy is'nt feeling well enough to drive, let him be. Imagine the negative rauscaus if he is to take another driver out high speed and causes some serious damage.

I think we all can agree on that, but Will. I am not sure what train of thought Jacques applied on what he stated. Diarrhoea is probably not something you can control with your mind. (I am not of course MD, so I am guessing). Drivers were known to take a race when in pain, but depends what kind of problems and which part of body was affected. 

4 minutes ago, Sakae said:

I think we all can agree on that, but Will. I am not sure what train of thought Jacques applied on what he stated. Diarrhoea is probably not something you can control with your mind. (I am not of course MD, so I am guessing). Drivers were known to take a race when in pain, but depends what kind of problems and which part of body was affected. 

+1

He is Daddy's boy, but I think he's professional enough to realise he'll make a "mess" (hehe), of things if he is/was to race. It's his prerogative and if it's allowed, so what...

It also opened to door for the Hulk to further his ambitions to race beyond 2020...

This is how I see it...

Re:  Nico Hulkenberg has scored more points than Sabbastian Vettel over the last seven races
> A LOT of people already in F1 HAVE also,  scored more points than Sabbastian Vettel over the last seven races.
It is NOT really a barganin statement to use to, get a drive. 

4 hours ago, Sakae said:

True. And?

I'm happy that he won't be sitting in that s##t Ferrari, and would have his hands on a competitive AM.

He deserves a good machine that would help showcase his talent.

4 hours ago, blackpebel said:

I'm happy that he won't be sitting in that s##t Ferrari, and would have his hands on a competitive AM.

He deserves a good machine that would help showcase his talent.

:roll::roll:

There is nowhere written, that AM car will suit him any better than Ferrari is. I think what he needs quite badly is one good, really good race to prop his confidence. Right now he is in a dog house.

39 minutes ago, Sakae said:

There is nowhere written, that AM car will suit him any better than Ferrari is.

There is no guarantee that the AM car will suit him better.

But the AM environment definitely would.

1 minute ago, blackpebel said:

But the AM environment definitely potentially will, if delivered as promised.

corrected

1 minute ago, Sakae said:
5 minutes ago, blackpebel said:

But the AM environment definitely potentially will, if delivered as promised.

corrected

Only time will tell.

I can definitely say one thing for sure with time and experience. Ferrari are too selfish to put any driver under the bus when it comes to defending their self-inflated Italian Ego. They are not the best at offering a green pasture for drivers to thrive.

Date 2020.10.20   Time 14:54 (UTC)

But when you hear that all the updates already go to Stroll junior and only when there are three copies does Perez get them, I hope that they treat him (Vettel) fairly," he added.

Exactly what I fear, and why I am really out of my comfort seeing Sebastian signing for them. It could be potentially biggest mistake of his young life. In reality we do not know who is running the show, like perhaps mama Stroll looking after her darling sons's well being.

2 hours ago, Sakae said:

Date 2020.10.20   Time 14:54 (UTC)

Exactly what I fear, and why I am really out of my comfort seeing Sebastian signing for them. It could be potentially biggest mistake of his young life. In reality we do not know who is running the show, like perhaps mama Stroll looking after her darling sons's well being.

No fear at all. It's understandable. I've only ever read this type of AM news from this year onwards , it's obviously because Checo is leaving...

All you have to do is look at Ferrari's current lineup and see how they are treating Seb...

On 10/16/2020 at 5:23 PM, Sakae said:

Italians, inflated egos? It seems to me you don't know too many Italians, if any, do you?

None Personally. No.

I'm quite positive that generally the majority of Italians are quite jolly-good and happy-ho in there lives, as are the people in other parts of the world...

I was specifically talking about the ones at the helm of a certain Italian motor sports team, you know.. the ones who would treat a 4 time champion like s##t... I was talking about THOSE guys in particular...

57 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Why I have feeling we aren't getting full story, and media are covering up for him. (Probably fearing repercussion like risking access, and similar.) Point is, was any traceability done on his movements and contacts for at least 4 weeks? You don't get it if you are in isolation. Transfer via infected surface stays dangerous for at least or about  4 weeks (per Aus. study). Question then is, how many people need to be tested daily to ensure containment is imposed in early stages. In GPToday I don't see much written about it. 

Seb din have many valid options left after Ferrari chose not to renew. It was either this or a retirement. And this, let's not forget, came at the price of cutting perez off...Stroll would have used all these facts to leverage some points on negotiations.

Considering that AM has offered Seb a life line, in a machine that could possibly be relavant on the field next year, Papa stroll too would have added a pinch of his own salt into the contract negotiations.

Probably something on the lines of supporting The other team driver if he is not able to beat him after a certain point in the championship..

43 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Why I have feeling we aren't getting full story, and media are covering up for him. (Probably fearing repercussion like risking access, and similar.) Point is, was any traceability done on his movements and contacts for at least 4 weeks? You don't get it if you are in isolation. Transfer via infected surface stays dangerous for at least or about  4 weeks (per Aus. study). Question then is, how many people need to be tested daily to ensure containment is imposed in early stages. In GPToday I don't see much written about it. 

Was'nt there an upturn in Covid cases during that time. I'm not saying it's because of Stroll, but generally. This thing is really scary as you point out. I think most have traces and they're not even aware...