Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

This thread is closed for technical reasons (former AM/RP)

5 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Was'nt there an upturn in Covid cases during that time. I'm not saying it's because of Stroll, but generally. This thing is really scary as you point out. I think most have traces and they're not even aware...

On my location they identify as many as possible contacts with the infected person in recent time, then impose 14 days quarantine on all without exception, while test and re-test frequently. All with aim preventing super-spreader. 

In Stroll's case his whole team would had been sitting in locked quarantine. Instead, they were servicing Hulk. I am not therefore clear to what standard medical establishment is working, but obviously there is no unity in purpose and methodology. Problem is, it's not that easy to say, what do you care from the distance? The thing is, as long as virus lives, no one on any location can be sure it's over. For all what we know, Stroll might got infected in UK (where his team is located) long time ago (maybe a month or so) before he was identified as a virus carrier.

There's something very very fishy about Stroll Jr getting covid. Smells of a coverup, or stupidity like that loser tennis player Joker. So much for Jr him having having the s##ts eh. JV was right, he was either very very sick, or lacking motivation. Now we know it was sickness. The media released reason for Jr not racing was weak and didn't hold much water.

Date 2020.10.21   Time 15:35 (UTC)

Racing Point has confirmed that it is already running the rear suspension of this year's Mercedes on its own 2020 car.

Is there anything on that car which RP actually did not copy of somebody? WT* is going on?

On 10/21/2020 at 5:37 PM, Sakae said:

Date 2020.10.21   Time 15:35 (UTC)

Is there anything on that car which RP actually did not copy of somebody? WT* is going on?

Well, they seem to copy quite well. Kudos to them on THAT...:snigger:

1 minute ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Well, they seem to copy quite well. Kudos to them on THAT...:snigger:

Err there is tiny problem with that. Seb signed for a company which has an excellent (copy-cat) engineering and (maybe) future. Next year - no copying, FiA said so, after Dr. Marko suggested they may do the same. Is Seb confident RP has in-house brains to live competitively without stealing anyone's ideas?

14 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Err there is tiny problem with that. Seb signed for a company which has an excellent (copy-cat) engineering and (maybe) future. Next year - no copying, FiA said so, after Dr. Marko suggested they may do the same. Is Seb confident RP has in-house brains to live competitively without stealing anyone's ideas?

I think they have gained FAR more than just copying...

Daimler takes a 20% stake in Aston Martin: Will this also affect the F1 teams?

Excellent. They are a car company after all.

2 hours ago, Sakae said:

Excellent. They are a car company after all.

I loved this headline too. Team to watch out for the near future. I think our boy made a brilliant decision!

OMG yes please. Newey to Aston... and then Wolff in a year too? I doubt they will win 7x constructors on the trot, but they sure as heck will be winning races with a Merc engine, and that talent on board.

Just now, KoolMonkey said:

OMG yes please. Newey to Aston... and then Wolff in a year too? I doubt they will win 7x constructors on the trot, but they sure as heck will be winning races with a Merc engine, and that talent on board.

KM, Newey has a contract with RBR.

6 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

What's a contract?

Please don't take last bit of faith I still hold in human decency when they sign a piece of paper it means something to them. It's not only how legal obligations change, but what is worth personal promise behind the signature. It used to be (in my time) a simple handshake. It has turned later into multi-pages useless promises and threats, and even that is now disappearing if you worship only one God - money. Question is, what's next, because this might not be the end. Gun at your head? That's where we are already on many places.

23 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Please don't take last bit of faith I still hold in human decency when they sign a piece of paper it means something to them. It's not only how legal obligations change, but what is worth personal promise behind the signature. It used to be (in my time) a simple handshake. It has turned later into multi-pages useless promises and threats, and even that is now disappearing if you worship only one God - money. Question is, what's next, because this might not be the end. Gun at your head? That's where we are already on many places.

Yes, you're right Sakae...

It's amazing how sceptical I've become with this contract business. Kimi claiming all along he has a contract with Ferrari, only to be replaced with Alonso for Santander money. Sergio has just been "bought" out of his, with nowhere to go. <----- happens ALOT

Contracts really mean nothing in todays terms. They will always find/insert (if they really clever) fineprint loopholes to get rid of you, if need be. That's unfortunately how the game works today...

I think Newey is bored and has been for many years now. Maybe Honda leaving is the final straw for him?

I doubt he will leave a team environment like RBR that is so supportive of him, his methods and so on. But it's cool to dream.

Date 2020.11.04   Time 19:40 (UTC)

Have Aston Martin messed up before they’ve even begun?

Formula 1 teams come and go, many are long forgotten – but the re-entry of Aston Martin brings in a name that anyone with even a passing interest in the sport will take notice of.

Yet there is already a major question mark hanging over the rebranded Racing Point outfit’s prospects…have they made a huge mistake with their driver line-up of Sebastian Vettel and Lance Stroll for 2021?

Think Aston Martin and you inevitably think of James Bond. You suspect if the MI6 Secret Service agent tried his hand as an F1 racer – and if he actually existed, of course – he’d be pretty good.

The problem is that Aston Martin, who were last a Formula 1 constructor way back in 1960, might just have put together a driver line-up that is more Mr Bean than Mr Bond.

Well, they are starting early. 

I must say when I am hearing Aston Martin, I am not thinking about James Bond. I am thinking more of another British company revived from bankruptcy by non-UK guys. It is not even comparable to (well off) Ferrari or prosperous AMG Germany. Both companies do very little talk, and produce nice cars. In UK it's seems in reverse.

- on the other hand - 

RP messed up a few things this year. I have to agree with the author of that literary masterpiece about that. I am most likely the only one around here who thinks it is not RP who made a mistake choosing Vettel. It is Vettel and Wolff who both made their mistake with their investment and getting involved.

9 hours ago, Sakae said:

Date 2020.11.04   Time 19:40 (UTC)

Well, they are starting early. 

I must say when I am hearing Aston Martin, I am not thinking about James Bond. I am thinking more of another British company revived from bankruptcy by non-UK guys. It is not even comparable to (well off) Ferrari or prosperous AMG Germany. Both companies do very little talk, and produce nice cars. In UK it's seems in reverse.

- on the other hand - 

RP messed up a few things this year. I have to agree with the author of that literary masterpiece about that. I am most likely the only one around here who thinks it is not RP who made a mistake choosing Vettel. It is Vettel and Wolff who both made their mistake with their investment and getting involved.

Time will tell...

4 minutes ago, KoolMonkey said:

Sakae it's not a mistake by Vettel choosing RP.

Realistically what other team could he have gone to? Alpha Tauri are the only one I can think of.

1y sabbatical.

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

1y sabbatical.

Driver's go on sabbaticals never to return, from Hakkinen to whomever. Button is theoritically still on a sabbatical. I'm happy Seb is still on the grid next year, with a team that will treat him better...

Edit: Coupled with the fact he has invested in the team, I think it's a bloody good move. He will be able to recommend certain things to be implemented. I think it will be better than Kimi or Vettel giving feedback to the Ferrari engineers who could not implement it...

41 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Driver's go on sabbaticals never to return, from Hakkinen to whomever. Button is theoritically still on a sabbatical. I'm happy Seb is still on the grid next year, with a team that will treat him better...

Edit: Coupled with the fact he has invested in the team, I think it's a bloody good move. He will be able to recommend certain things to be implemented. I think it will be better than Kimi or Vettel giving feedback to the Ferrari engineers who could not implement it...

When Vettel was giving his feedback on car performance and suggested changes, Ferrari refused to have him involved. Big difference right there from what Schumacher was allowed. First Arrivabene, and then later Marchinonne told him very publicly to mind his own business, and focus on driving only. It was obvious that Ferrari engineers did not care about his input, were complaining to their management, and asked them to put end to it. We know now how it ended. They gave him a car which he cannot drive to make even minimum points count, never-mind to win a race.

Vettel has been talked about for years, even by Webber as being the only driver since Schumi who analysed and put in the effort outside the c#ckpit to improve the car and team.

Being rebuked by Arrivabene and Marchinonne was the beginning of the end for Vettel. And Ari actually liked Vettel. Compared that with the pathetic clown Binotto and I really do hope Vettel writes a book one day. But I have a feeling even in retirement he will not say bad things about anyone.

Unless your blind, it's clear now that Vettel is being hampered by his team. Even if on magical planet he finds a way to get that car setup how he likes and they listen to his input... they just fvck up his pitstops, or leave him out too long, or refuse to give him the tyres he wants. So it's pointless. See a pattern here? I do. Now people claimed Webber as messed with by RBR. A situation I will never accept to be of reality. However I will argue that Vettel genuinely is being screwed by this team of bozos. They are so inept, that they could come in last for the next year, and not a single soul will be replaced or move on from that team.

Thus RP is going to be Vettel's new home. I will be honest and admit I am excited to see how he does. I'm even more excited for the team environment. From the words I've seen coming from RP, they are not only going to help Vettel recover from the Ferrari nightmare, but listen to him and protect him as well. In that situation, Vettel can only flourish. I don't think for a second he's going to win a WDC there, but he will win races if all those elements come together nicely as we hope it coud.