Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

This thread is closed for technical reasons (former AM/RP)

I have a good hunch that Newey may consider joining AM, if made possible. Sure, there is a hefty fee to cut the cord between RB and Newey.

I'm sure Newey would like to work for a legendary British brand such as Aston Martin.

With the way the cards are placed on the table, and with Honda leaving, you never know..

14 hours ago, blackpebel said:

'm sure Newey would like to work for a legendary British brand such as Aston Martin.

Your opinion NOT fact
Newey HAS already worked for a legendary British brand in Mclaren

On 11/7/2020 at 7:28 PM, lipstick79 said:

Your opinion NOT fact

Of course, that is what having a 'hunch' involves,,, doesn't it??

Date 2020.11.13   Time 12:05 (UTC)

Vettel admits Ecclestone contract advice (and his arm twisting at RP)

This might not be as good news as some may think. Initially I thought the owner was hiring him on his own initiative based on merit, them I thought Wolff was pulling strings behind the scene, and now this. 

One one hand not a big deal to land with a parachute, but walking through front door is better yet. I am merely wondering if is there a chance he will end up in similar situation like in Ferrari. I think all will depends what his team will think about loosing Perez, and whether his integration will be seamless and without cracks. 

I think he will be fine Sakae.

The TP of RP had some really nice words to say about Seb. That he could see Ferrari were not supporting him and his confidence was down. Talk about nurturing him as they know his quality and wanted to tap into it.

I'm looking forward to next year. If Seb can get podiums and never win another WDC, I won't mind one bit. Look at Kimi !! He's killing it and gaining new fans daily. I am glad. Welcome to the club!

2 hours ago, KoolMonkey said:

I think he will be fine Sakae.

The TP of RP had some really nice words to say about Seb. That he could see Ferrari were not supporting him and his confidence was down. Talk about nurturing him as they know his quality and wanted to tap into it.

I'm looking forward to next year. If Seb can get podiums and never win another WDC, I won't mind one bit. Look at Kimi !! He's killing it and gaining new fans daily. I am glad. Welcome to the club!

+1

41 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Is RP planning to keep their team theme (pink) color?

That's what I read last. Hope not. I would rather go with that beautiful green and gold

1 minute ago, BradSpeedMan said:

That's what I read last. Hope not. I would rather go with that beautiful green and gold

Perhaps AM and pink don't mix together well. 

2 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

I hate the pink colour scheme... too feminine in my view.

Good. At least you found a name for it. I am totally lost over this choice.

Can't stand the Pink. They will never be taken seriously until they actually look the part of a race team. And right now, no offense to Indycar, but they look like a team who only has enough money to cobble together a car for a run at Indy 500 and not the whole season.

I kind of feel the same way towards McLaren right now too. Whilst not as bad as the past few years, this look they have still is bad to me.

Then you have the boring a## teams like Haas and even Williams. White with a few stripes. Are they even trying? Bland, average, boring.

What on earth is this guy talking about??? Should it not be the other way around??? Checo got one lucky win with circumstances fell right into his laps. Vettel has done more than just lucky wins!!!

And this is the director of F1!!!

http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/749624/Vettel_has_big_shoes_to_fill_at_Racing_Point__Brawn/

All will depends if Seb will find his sweet spot quickly before a season starts, otherwise he can struggle once again with the car as he does today. In that case sacking Perez could be proven a big mistake. There is no certainty Seb will fit in, I think that's what Brawn is saying. Looks like trust in Vettel as a premium racer is badly shaken, deservedly or not. Ferrari really managed to do a job on him. My own mind is on blink, because I am failing to make sense from it all.

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

All will depends if Seb will find his sweet spot quickly before a season starts, otherwise he can struggle once again with the car as he does today. In that case sacking Perez could be proven a big mistake. There is no certainty Seb will fit in, I think that's what Brawn is saying. Looks like trust in Vettel as a premium racer is badly shaken, deservedly or not. Ferrari really managed to do a job on him. My own mind is on blink, because I am failing to make sense from it all.

In my humble opinion, saying Vettel has big shoes to fill is saying exactly the opposite. What Brawn is implying is that Sergio is on a certain level and Seb must aspire to be that level. Judging from the fact Seb is a 4x champ and has gazillion more wins, the statement shud be the case where it's actually... reversed. Seb can walk into any team and shud be "revered" more than Sergio... becoz of what Seb has actually already achieved. He's not thought of as the greatest driver of our generation for nothing...

edit: I believe it is a condescending statement from the director of F1 matters

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Looks like trust in Vettel as a premium racer is badly shaken, deservedly or not. Ferrari really managed to do a job on him. 

Seb has not lost any of his abilities, you don't just suddenly...lose it. And he may be low on confidence, but that's human nature, bearing what he is going thru. He's not being listened to, which explains his remarks of upsetting sum ppl with picking fights. Yes, I agree Ferrari did a job on him.

Sergio seems to agree with me..

"In the aftermath of Racing Point's stellar triumph in Bahrain, Ross Brawn stated that Vettel would have "big shoes to fill" when making the move to Perez's seat. Perez, however, downplayed the comments, claiming it was just the nature of the sport that such comparisons are made. "I actually saw those comments," he added. "I thought big shoes to fill for a four-time world is hard to imagine versus a guy who has just won a race but in a way, that is just Formula 1."

http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/749971/Vettel_made_a_quotgreat_decisionquot_to_move_to_quotfunquot_Racing_Point__Perez/

Date 2020.12.10   Time 16:56 (UTC)

Highly respected Formula 1 journalist and all-round media man Matt Bishop will be joining Aston Martin as the team’s Chief Communications Officer, starting in 2021 when Racing Point will morph into the great British marque in the top flight.

I am ambivalent about this choice. I came across this person when he was "highly respected" with editorial team of Autosport, and in my recollection (probably close to two decades back or thereabout). Tone of his articles were hard to take. I stopped reading theirs pages because of him and one another person. He seems to travel a lot, affiliation wise. 

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Date 2020.12.10   Time 16:56 (UTC)

I am ambivalent about this choice. I came across this person when he was "highly respected" with editorial team of Autosport, and in my recollection (probably close to two decades back or thereabout). Tone of his articles were hard to take. I stopped reading theirs pages because of him and one another person. He seems to travel a lot, affiliation wise. 

Hopefully he'll see the light...

I was merely thinking about some British cars (Lotus might be the one) which has been associated with specific colours. Racing Green was widely used in British motorsport magazines. (I am referring to nighties and before).

I've never been interested to any depth in that subject, therefore my knowledge is admittedly lacking. Either way, it is more palatable to me than current RP colours.

26 minutes ago, Sakae said:

I was merely thinking about some British cars (Lotus might be the one) which has been associated with specific colours. Racing Green was widely used in British motorsport magazines. (I am referring to nighties and before).

I've never been interested to any depth in that subject, therefore my knowledge is admittedly lacking. Either way, it is more palatable to me than current RP colours.

True...Jaguar also had this racing green.