Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

This thread is closed for technical reasons (former AM/RP)

3 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

He should learn the limits of the car in a day. 1,5 days should be enough to acclimitize methinks

I'm not that sure. Car should be almost the same as last year, with some changes, which implies needs for testing of various configurations in qualifications and race trims, reliability testing of new parts, and then, since this is a new to him vehicle, he needs to find a sweet spot in a hurry. I am aware he has accepted time limit as there is no point to get overheated over this, not in public, but from conversations with him in the past, I do suspect deep in his heart he would like much more than he will be afforded.

I do not understand benefits of progression from ~10000 [km] of testing in Schumacher period to in recent time down to 4 days (weather and reliability permitting), and now we are down to 1.5 days of pre-season testing. Who is actually benefitting from this? Not fans, because if I see him struggling again with a car due to unsuitable setup (optimal setup needs to be developped), or parking it in early races, that will not make me happy at all.

52 minutes ago, Sakae said:

I'm not that sure. Car should be almost the same as last year, with some changes, which implies needs for testing of various configurations in qualifications and race trims, reliability testing of new parts, and then, since this is a new to him vehicle, he needs to find a sweet spot in a hurry. I am aware he has accepted time limit as there is no point to get overheated over this, not in public, but from conversations with him in the past, I do suspect deep in his heart he would like much more than he will be afforded.

I do not understand benefits of progression from ~10000 [km] of testing in Schumacher period to in recent time down to 4 days (weather and reliability permitting), and now we are down to 1.5 days of pre-season testing. Who is actually benefitting from this? Not fans, because if I see him struggling again with a car due to unsuitable setup (optimal setup needs to be developped), or parking it in early races, that will not make me happy at all.

I understand your reasoning. In the end it's up to AM/Seb colab to get to the best optimum setup asap. The car is quite stable at the rear, with Merc power. Those are the upturns. Work from there, we;'l see what happens when testing starts and witnessing them progressing. t's exciting project to me

14 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

I understand your reasoning. In the end it's up to AM/Seb colab to get to the best optimum setup asap. The car is quite stable at the rear, with Merc power. Those are the upturns. Work from there, we;'l see what happens when testing starts and witnessing them progressing. t's exciting project to me

Let me remind you what Alonso said (paraphrasing):

F1 is the only top tier sport in which athletes (drivers) aren't allowed to train.

How that makes sense? I am not fond of this man, agree with him very seldom on very little, but in this case I am on the same page.

19 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Let me remind you what Alonso said (paraphrasing):

How that makes sense? I am not fond of this man, agree with him very seldom on very little, but in this case I am on the same page.

Says the same driver who was allowed to test in the YD test

It is what it is. Unfair as it is, both Seb and AM has to make the most of the current situation

1 hour ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Says the same driver who was allowed to test in the YD test

It is what it is. Unfair as it is, both Seb and AM has to make the most of the current situation

Agree. It is what it is, and not from lack of trying. Both, Sainz and Vettel (based on start with different teams this year) were denied trials which were afforded to Alonso.

Helmet design.

Looks like Seb will have completely new helmet design. I wonder how many iterations he will go through this time around. Should be contrasting to car, therefore I am not that certain it would be green.

2 hours ago, Sakae said:

Helmet design.

Looks like Seb will have completely new helmet design. I wonder how many iterations he will go through this time around. Should be contrasting to car, therefore I am not that certain it would be green.

I like the white with the german flag stripe, with hints of green. It will stand out from a luminous green and lime green car. I love the 005 theme. Nice

Interesting assessment of Vettel by (a fan) racingluv:

16-01-2021 18:56

I wouldn't write Vettel off so soon. Rob Smedley wrote an excellent analysis at the end of 2019 which showed that if looked at properly it was bad luck/unreliability of his car, plus events like LeClerc deliberately cheating him out of pole at Monza that made the difference between the 2 Ferrari drivers. Otherwise Vettel would have outscored LeClerc easily.
Someone that is still employed by Ferrari, insists that, after Vettel outqualified LeClerc twice running early last season, the order came to give him a poor car, so that they didn't look total idiots sacking their fastest driver. Remember him examining the car himself at Silverstone? He couldn't believe it was so bad.
Despite a poor car, he took a podium at the most difficult Grand Prix of the year, when drivers in easier and faster cars, couldn't.

racingluv' opinion seems to be aligned with those of two fellows on this forum.

Mr. Jordan doesn't agree. In his opinion AM made mistake in choosing this driver for next season.

I am not sure what to believe, so I' wait.

9 hours ago, Sakae said:

Interesting assessment of Vettel by (a fan) racingluv:

racingluv' opinion seems to be aligned with those of two fellows on this forum.

Mr. Jordan doesn't agree. In his opinion AM made mistake in choosing this driver for next season.

I am not sure what to believe, so I' wait.

Yes,

We've been saying this all along....

Subtle Sabotage. That's why I think fingers will point to Binotto (and the powers that be), including tifosi

Mr Jordan methinks is suffering from dementia/senile

Problem with Vettel is, even if the case of subtle sabotage would be truthful, his name has been dragged through mud, forever damaged, and I do suspect none of those who hurriedly had written him off would admit to a mistake, and apologise. They never have in the past. Should he score well in this season, the same people will write that Perez would win the championship in "best car in the field". Other than a few fans, and I wish to be counted as one of them, remains loyal and believe in Sebastian.  Ferrari of 2020 was just as difficult for him as Kimi experienced when he partner Alonso in the same team, yet Ferrari's position on Vettel remains hidden from public. People finger-point Binotto, as a dark man who pulled strings in covert schemes, however I actually don't trust anyone above him either. Nationalist slant may have its role how Vettel was treated. 

There is of course alternative explanation, which takes into consideration copious factors. Weaken power plant, car characteristics, set up issues, etc. It doesn't take much to slide backwards in a field where fractions of the second can and do make difference in car placing in qualifications and in a race. If Seb didn't trust car stability, and he had to be cautious in turns just to stay on track, he was then slowing down, and it all was adding up. His most trying season in his racing career.

Vettel's name being dragged though mud will disappear quite quickly if he starts putting in some good results. That saying you're only as good a your last race right!

47 minutes ago, KoolMonkey said:

Vettel's name being dragged though mud will disappear quite quickly if he starts putting in some good results. That saying you're only as good a your last race right!

...one can only hope.

"I wouldn't write Vettel off so soon. Rob Smedley wrote an excellent analysis at the end of 2019 which showed that if looked at properly it was bad luck/unreliability of his car, plus events like LeClerc deliberately cheating him out of pole at Monza that made the difference between the 2 Ferrari drivers. Otherwise Vettel would have outscored LeClerc easily.
Someone that is still employed by Ferrari, insists that, after Vettel outqualified LeClerc twice running early last season, the order came to give him a poor car, so that they didn't look total idiots sacking their fastest driver. Remember him examining the car himself at Silverstone? He couldn't believe it was so bad.
Despite a poor car, he took a podium at the most difficult Grand Prix of the year, when drivers in easier and faster cars, couldn't."

Back to this Sakae. I always wondered why Leclerc did'nt give Vettel a tow at Monza. He was suppose to, even caught commentators by suprise. According to Vettel...https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.ferrari-did-not-stick-to-monza-qualifying-gameplan-says-vettel.4x2Av5tugoF7lX4u6rHsOH.html

Leclerc then did not play the team game. But what about the Russian race 2019. The guy could not stop complaining. I hope Ferari reap the benefits of a kid throwing tantrums and being golden boy

8 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

"I wouldn't write Vettel off so soon. Rob Smedley wrote an excellent analysis at the end of 2019 which showed that if looked at properly it was bad luck/unreliability of his car, plus events like LeClerc deliberately cheating him out of pole at Monza that made the difference between the 2 Ferrari drivers. Otherwise Vettel would have outscored LeClerc easily.
Despite a poor car, he took a podium at the most difficult Grand Prix of the year, when drivers in easier and faster cars, couldn't."

Back to this Sakae. I always wondered why Leclerc did'nt give Vettel a tow at Monza. He was suppose to, even caught commentators by suprise. According to Vettel...https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.ferrari-did-not-stick-to-monza-qualifying-gameplan-says-vettel.4x2Av5tugoF7lX4u6rHsOH.html

Leclerc then did not play the team game. But what about the Russian race 2019. The guy could not stop complaining. I hope Ferari reap the benefits of a kid throwing tantrums and being golden boy

I was aware of incidents described, but you know well, like KM, any objections fall on dead ears. Like incident with Webber (multi 21), no amount of explanation what ignited that conflict, was accepted by detractors. It will come down to this season which could potentially heal some disappointments of the past, yet there always will be some individuals who will pull past to light again, in their unique interpretation. I will expect car to receive praise, whereas Vettel will be judged as a passenger. Whatever. I  wish him well, but fact is, until he tries his new car and has his mouth smiling from ear to ear, I have no fingernails left to bite.

Vettel's name being dragged though mud will disappear quite quickly if he starts putting in some good results.

IF is F1 spelt backwards - murryism

Everybody HAS been waitin for Vettel 2 start, putting in some good results SINCE he LEFT Red Bull
IF Vettel DOES start, puttin in some good results.  A LOT of people WILL lose their jobs at Ferrari - heads WILL roll WTF 

52 minutes ago, lipstick79 said:

Vettel's name being dragged though mud will disappear quite quickly if he starts putting in some good results.

IF is F1 spelt backwards - murryism

Everybody HAS been waitin for Vettel 2 start, putting in some good results SINCE he LEFT Red Bull
IF Vettel DOES start, puttin in some good results.  A LOT of people WILL lose their jobs at Ferrari - heads WILL roll WTF 

Who said that?

34 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Date 2021.01.18   Time 8:25 (UTC)

I' read the article some times ago. According to several articles, the subject of Vettel for RBR in 2021 was discussed with both, Dr. Marko just as with Horner, and we heard two different versions. Horner claims Seb was never considered for replacing Albon, whereas when owner purportedly asked his people about chance to hire Vettel, it was too late, since he was already committed to AM. I think both men talking about the same thing, however they are describing situations in different time periods. Fact is, Albon was held maybe too long, on the other hand, maybe Seb will be better off at AM. IMO RBR is evolving around whims of Verstappen, and Seb is not ready to play second fiddle to anyone.

18 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Date 2021.01.18   Time 8:25 (UTC)

I' read the article some times ago. According to several articles, the subject of Vettel for RBR in 2021 was discussed with both, Dr. Marko just as with Horner, and we heard two different versions. Horner claims Seb was never considered for replacing Albon, whereas when owner purportedly asked his people about chance to hire Vettel, it was too late, since he was already committed to AM. I think both men talking about the same thing, however they are describing situations in different time periods. Fact is, Albon was held maybe too long, on the other hand, maybe Seb will be better off at AM. IMO RBR is evolving around whims of Verstappen, and Seb is not ready to play second fiddle to anyone.

True Sakae.

Agreed. I think AM is the best place for him to make a fresh start

1 hour ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Did Vettel sign too soon, or did RBR wait too long?

Just to avoid ANY confusion here, BradSpeedMan 
Vettel is NOT, The Messiah.
A fizzy drink really benefited from the winning combination of the time.
Is there a NEW Red Bull product that NEEDS marketin exposure?  That IS Y Red Bull Racing waited.
It IS up 2 Vettel now, so let HIS talent & driving ability DO the talkin at AM

Date 2021.01.18   Time 9:25 (UTC)

Well, Dr. Marko also remarked, that he hopes they (RBR) didn't sleep on the switch for too long, and will regret it later. (Should Vettel do well at AM).

What's new info for me is his claim, that there was a greater plan behind his advice to Seb to take sabbatical this year. Intially I thought it was merely an advice by his former mentor how to calm nerves. Maybe there weren't guarantees for Seb to have a drive in 2022, maybe there was something else, I am not sure. I do however recall, what Seb thinks about taking sabbatical. He doesn't like it. Once you are out, you are out, he said long time ago.   

7 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Date 2021.01.18   Time 9:25 (UTC)

Well, Dr. Marko also remarked, that he hopes they (RBR) didn't sleep on the switch for too long, and will regret it later. (Should Vettel do well at AM).

What's new info for me is his claim, that there was a greater plan behind his advice to Seb to take sabbatical this year. Intially I thought it was merely an advice by his former mentor how to calm nerves. Maybe there weren't guarantees for Seb to have a drive in 2022, maybe there was something else, I am not sure. I do however recall, what Seb thinks about taking sabbatical. He doesn't like it. Once you are out, you are out, he said long time ago.   

Yes, I've just read it...http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/754250/Marko_urged_Vettel_to_be_on_the_market_at_the_right_time/

The risk was too big waiting. Seb had to act. Maybe that's why he signed a one-year contract with possibilities of extension. Makes sense now.

Absolutely you have to be on the market at the right time. Taking a sabbatical only worked for Kimi. Alonso could only find a seat at Renault as none of the top teams wanted him.

Without even seeing how the AM car is, I am already comfortable that Vettel made the right decision. Going to RBR as Brad said, with VERS being top poodle, would mean he's coming into a team where the car may not even be close to what he wants.

As for Ferrari, they are atrocious. They let Lebaby reneg on a promise to help Vettel in Monza qualifying and then as some of us here suspected all along and confirmed by Rob Smedley, they sabotaged Vettel's car to favour the brat. As sooooo many ex F1 drivers said all year last year, Vettel is not 1-2 second slower a lap than Leclerc. So something was definitely amiss.

To see how Binotto the Clown publicly referred to Vettel, it was clear this was happening anyway. He dismissed him as a driver before the season began. That's brilliant man management right there. Then you fiddle with his car to cause further doubt in the drivers mind.