Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

This thread is closed for technical reasons (former AM/RP)

AM car this season in theory should not be too far from last year configuration. Sebastian might end up therefore not being compared overwhelmingly to his teammate, as to his predecessor. Seb will need to "outperform" Perez's numbers of last season.

6 minutes ago, KoolMonkey said:

Absolutely you have to be on the market at the right time. Taking a sabbatical only worked for Kimi. Alonso could only find a seat at Renault as none of the top teams wanted him.

Without even seeing how the AM car is, I am already comfortable that Vettel made the right decision. Going to RBR as Brad said, with VERS being top poodle, would mean he's coming into a team where the car may not even be close to what he wants.

As for Ferrari, they are atrocious. They let Lebaby reneg on a promise to help Vettel in Monza qualifying and then as some of us here suspected all along and confirmed by Rob Smedley, they sabotaged Vettel's car to favour the brat. As sooooo many ex F1 drivers said all year last year, Vettel is not 1-2 second slower a lap than Leclerc. So something was definitely amiss.

To see how Binotto the Clown publicly referred to Vettel, it was clear this was happening anyway. He dismissed him as a driver before the season began. That's brilliant man management right there. Then you fiddle with his car to cause further doubt in the drivers mind.

Attributed to Sakae KM. I just agreed.

1 hour ago, lipstick79 said:

Just to avoid ANY confusion here, BradSpeedMan 
Vettel is NOT, The Messiah.
A fizzy drink really benefited from the winning combination of the time.
Is there a NEW Red Bull product that NEEDS marketin exposure?  That IS Y Red Bull Racing waited.
It IS up 2 Vettel now, so let HIS talent & driving ability DO the talkin at AM

Love that Ms Lipstick

Date 2021.01.18   Time 12:05 (UTC)

Bianca Garloff

How seriously does Marko now take his former protégé as an opponent?
Marko: “I hope he finds his old form again. He knows himself that the last two years were not his best. For whatever reason. But I don’t think he can be dangerous to us. In 2020 his new team was too far away from us for that. And that’s despite the fact that Perez was extremely strong, especially in the second half of the season. Even if Sebastian is in top form every race, as a driver he can’t make up for the gap the team had on us. But maybe I’m wrong.”

That’s exactly what Vettel wants to prove to his confidant this season.

Dr. Marko is kind to Vettel's predicament.

Bianca is quickly becoming my favourite sport journalist. She writes for F1 Insider.com among others. Factual, polite and objective. What else I can ask for?:

5 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Date 2021.01.18   Time 12:05 (UTC)

Bianca Garloff

Dr. Marko is kind to Vettel's predicament.

Bianca is quickly becoming my favourite sport journalist. She writes for F1 Insider.com among others. Factual, polite and objective. What else I can ask for?:

Checking her out

"After a wretched final season with Ferrari, one in which he secured just one podium, Schumacher reckons Vettel can rediscover his lost form. I’m delighted that he finally has a team that stands behind him again,” he continued. You want to feel comfortable, but also wanted and needed. Ferrari has solved this in such an unfavorable way – for that they should actually get a breakdown man. It was a messed up season from the start. The driving errors were due to wanting more and under pressure and all of it being too much. That shows how human Formula 1 is.”

from Ralfie

I think our perspectives are as clear as the experts. 

Date 2021.01.19   Time 8:44 (UTC)

GP Today

So the team has been busy preparing as Aston Martin for some time now, and meeting the wishes of owner Lawrence Stroll. He wants to be competitive as soon as possible. And as a factory team, that means they will no longer be satisfied with a place in the sub-top.

This (kind of leadership) never ends well. Impatience is a sign of a man who thinks he understand this sport, but in reality he dosen't. This is why an entry team might take up to 5 years before gets to run on top spot. Once people start hurrying up, get distracted and lose focus in fear of repercussions for not keeping up with hurried goals, mistakes begging popping up. I seems to be the only one pessimist on this forum who has uneasy feeling about this team, but as the old insurance man said, I know a thing or two, because I have seen a thing or two. Mr. Stroll has a clothing store nearby where I live, which is very good stuff, but unfortunately it is long way from ladies "stuff" to a top place in the F1. Engineers and technicians work and think differently from sales force.

Although Racing Point's transition to Aston Martin is outwardly a change of brand, there is more going on behind the scenes to make it a real factory team comparable to Mercedes and Ferrari. 

Excuse me? I am begging to wonder if I actually understand what makes a factory team a factory team as differential entity to those, who are renting racing equipment.

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Date 2021.01.19   Time 8:44 (UTC)

GP Today

This (kind of leadership) never ends well. Impatience is a sign of a man who thinks he understand this sport, but in reality he dosen't. This is why an entry team might take up to 5 years before gets to run on top spot. Once people start hurrying up, get distracted and lose focus in fear of repercussions for not keeping up with hurried goals, mistakes begging popping up. I seems to be the only one pessimist on this forum who has uneasy feeling about this team, but as the old insurance man said, I know a thing or two, because I have seen a thing or two. Mr. Stroll has a clothing store nearby where I live, which is very good stuff, but unfortunately it is long way from ladies "stuff" to a top place in the F1. Engineers and technicians work and think differently from sales force.

As they said.... Statements of Intent. I don't expect Stroll Snr has unrealistic goals for 2021. But as of 2022...definately. And justifyable. He and partners have invested alot, too much to be just a midfield team. I like the attitude, I think it will drive the team forward

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Excuse me? I am begging to wonder if I actually understand what makes a factory team a factory team as differential entity to those, who are renting racing equipment.

That is just weird. When I read that this morn I thought the same thing

Date 2021.01.22   Time 6:51 (UTC)

Bianca:

Experts expect that the former German champion will be able to handle the Aston Martin better than his recently extremely bitchy Ferrari.

Amen.

Seb starts working on sim and his seat fitting. It is going to be long year with that calendar hanging on the wall.

47 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Date 2021.01.22   Time 6:51 (UTC)

Bianca:

Amen.

Seb starts working on sim and his seat fitting. It is going to be long year with that calendar hanging on the wall.

I was checking yesterday if he had already "signed in"

5 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

I was checking yesterday if he had already "signed in"

LOL.  After investing some money, heard of 40 MM, it is not going to be easy for him to leave premises 12 months down the road, regardless of any potential offer waiting for him elsewhere. I rather suspect AM is his last career stop over before retirement. 

34 minutes ago, Sakae said:

LOL.  After investing some money, heard of 40 MM, it is not going to be easy for him to leave premises 12 months down the road, regardless of any potential offer waiting for him elsewhere. I rather suspect AM is his last career stop over before retirement. 

Yes, makes total sense

We will see what happens. I was very disappointed with Marko and I normally give him the benefit of the doubt over saying Seb was no longer an option for them to sign to replace Albon....

Ummm, you had all of 2020... actually even before the first race to sign him. You didn't want him. He could have come back to you for peanuts too :(

So Seb made a good choice under the circumstances and I really really am looking forward to seeing the AM and the testing to get a vibe on how he's feeling and acting. Thank goodness the dark Ferrari days are gone. Now we can be more positive and maybe even look forward to a race for once.

6 hours ago, KoolMonkey said:

We will see what happens. I was very disappointed with Marko and I normally give him the benefit of the doubt over saying Seb was no longer an option for them to sign to replace Albon....

Ummm, you had all of 2020... actually even before the first race to sign him. You didn't want him. He could have come back to you for peanuts too :(

So Seb made a good choice under the circumstances and I really really am looking forward to seeing the AM and the testing to get a vibe on how he's feeling and acting. Thank goodness the dark Ferrari days are gone. Now we can be more positive and maybe even look forward to a race for once.

Decision regarding Albon wasn't completely in Dr. Marko's hands. The team is co-owned by a Thai businessman, who purportedly asked them to give Albon chance again and again, until it was obvious to everyone that there has to be change. Vettel by then signed with AM already. Whether it was lost opportunity or luck for him remains to be seen. Today when RBR is justifiying signing Perez, they are talking mostly about choices they had once Albon was let go. Candidates were Perez, Hulk, and I am not sure who else was free and able. 

It's inte

16 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Decision regarding Albon wasn't completely in Dr. Marko's hands. The team is co-owned by a Thai businessman, who purportedly asked them to give Albon chance again and again, until it was obvious to everyone that there has to be change. Vettel by then signed with AM already. Whether it was lost opportunity or luck for him remains to be seen. Today when RBR is justifiying signing Perez, they are talking mostly about choices they had once Albon was let go. Candidates were Perez, Hulk, and I am not sure who else was free and able. 

It's interesting is'nt it. It's been done in the past already. Vettel helped built RBR to title winning years. He would have started on the front foot if he would've joined RBR again. So this AM project is very exciting to me personally. I can't wait to see how the team progesses.

I wonder if AM is not overselling Vettel, because this can badly backfire, something which happens frequently all over the grid. I am one of the original Vettel's fans, and I will remain so until -- until, but I say, let the guy breath, settle down, and see how new shoes fit. Inducing self-inflicted stress into a team is counterproductive IMO.

I think again this is cultural thing. In EU most of countries don't do American thing. Those guys declare star of the show even before show starts. Where I live, first you deliver, and then quality of delivery and product you sell makes you a star. In AM' shoes I want to see some races under the belt, before I start threatening anyone with supremacy on the track. 

There will be line up for P3.

Sakae 
           Is that a rhetorical question?
Male pattern baldness -Somethin I hope NOT 2 experience further !!
First the HIGH forehead.
THEN cut back the rest - SHAVE it ALL off
So it LOOKS like - the style OF choosin