Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

This thread is closed for technical reasons (former AM/RP)

2 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

This time

That applies 2 ALL teams.
If U do things the same as U have always done.
U WILL get the same things as U have always got.
If nothin changes
Nothin changes
The reset button HAS been pressed.
And they R out of the blocks, off they go ...

Yes, RESET button has been pressed. The team has a new ICONIC name, and cars are painted in an ICONIC colour.

BTW, I am noticing that Seb has some hair left on his head. We should benchmark the borderline, and monitor whether it remains where it is, or there will be progression towards Yul Brynner/Bruce Willies style. 

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Yes, RESET button has been pressed. The team has a new ICONIC name, and cars are painted in an ICONIC colour.

BTW, I am noticing that Seb has some hair left on his head. We should benchmark the borderline, and monitor whether it remains where it is, or there will be progression towards Yul Brynner/Bruce Willies style. 

Besides getting bald, we all do, some quicker than others,... he looks more leaner. Quite fit. Means business

new ICONIC name
Strange thought.  Similar 2 new AND improved.
IF somethin IS new, how CAN it B improved - it IS new.
How can it B iconic - it`s NEW , as in somethin straight out of the box
 >probably.  A DIFFERENT, more iconic name. 

1 hour ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Means business

That really depends what the business IS.
I hear the Pretty Polly business R on the look out

image_2021-01-31_142255.png

image_2021-01-31_141825.png

ASTON MARTIN: ABSOLUTE bulls##t AND TOTALLY UNTRUE RUMOURS

Is it true that more intensively people deny something, there is more likely a grain of truth in the background? Mr. Stroll instead waving his hand off and smiling, he seems to be really angry. Maybe too angry.

https://www.grandprix247.com/2021/01/31/aston-martin-absolute-bulls##t-and-totally-untrue-rumours/ 

9 hours ago, Sakae said:

Is it true that more intensively people deny something, there is more likely a grain of truth in the background? Mr. Stroll instead waving his hand off and smiling, he seems to be really angry. Maybe too angry.

https://www.grandprix247.com/2021/01/31/aston-martin-absolute-bulls##t-and-totally-untrue-rumours/ 

I hope you're wrong this time 😆

On 2/1/2021 at 6:37 AM, BradSpeedMan said:

Is it true that more intensively people deny something, there is more likely a grain of truth in the background? M

U R forgettin 1 thing, what the hell is that - pointin in2 the distance.

>Misdirection, U R lookin at somethin else.  Rather than lookin at the issue.
Whilst U R lookin, at somethin in the distance - U do NOT notice what IS really hapenin in front of U.

Aston Martin F1 Team ‘In Discussions’ With Nico Hulkenberg –... 

Simple strategy, it KEEPS Aston Martin F1 Team - WHOEVER iN the media..
People R talkin about Aston Martin F1 Team, keeps sponsors happy.
The fact that the Aston Martin F1 Team REQUIRE  a new tea boy, because little Johnny has broken his arm.  Is NOT the point
In talks means, in talks.

Vettel to get car handling he needs to shine says boss

I don't know about it. Wouldn't be more prudent first to let a driver to evaluate AM' creation on the track, and then, only then, confirm to public that he has what he needs to drive competitively? This AM 2021 is suppose to be totally different car from the one which hit the tracks last year. 

Moreover, perhaps (unintended?) impact of such declarations could badly backfire on Vettel, if the car is not what headline states, and it will be the driver, who will take flak at the end, facts notwithstanding. After all AM gave him the best car... 

Underhanded manipulation of public opinion never ends well, and of course it raises a question, whether AM is protecting itself from potential failure to meet driver's needs. Point is, car still can be good, very good for some other driver, but we know how is Seb specific about car characteristics, so it will be interesting to find out how this will play out.

Soon. Very soon.

8 hours ago, Sakae said:

I don't know about it. Wouldn't be more prudent first to let a driver to evaluate AM' creation on the track, and then, only then, confirm to public that he has what he needs to drive competitively? This AM 2021 is suppose to be totally different car from the one which hit the tracks last year. 

Moreover, perhaps (unintended?) impact of such declarations could badly backfire on Vettel, if the car is not what headline states, and it will be the driver, who will take flak at the end, facts notwithstanding. After all AM gave him the best car... 

Underhanded manipulation of public opinion never ends well, and of course it raises a question, whether AM is protecting itself from potential failure to meet driver's needs. Point is, car still can be good, very good for some other driver, but we know how is Seb specific about car characteristics, so it will be interesting to find out how this will play out.

Soon. Very soon.

I understand the odds are stacks against Seb. It's worrisome for reasons you've explained.

It can also be a wonderful story, for his sake, if he's in tune with the car from the word go.  I hope the latter is going to happen.

Nice technical inside for the AM car... let's hope it goes well... http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/757042/Technical_Insight_Aston_Martin_to_copy_the_Mercedes_W11/

I don't get it, are people in here really trying to downplay AM's chances even after knowing the huge advantage they have in 2021? Geez..

Lets be honest here, its going to be a cake walk for AM, to come out of the midfield with those 2 extra tokens. I personally was in support of the RP copying Mercedes, coz honestly, there were no specific rules back then, that denied teams from copying another car, RP was just smart enough to exploit this loophole. And if you ask me,,, AM now clearly have a package with which they can fight for 2nd in the constructors champion ship..

I've previously heaped praises on the marvel that that Mercedes 2020 car was, from day first day I saw that car on Track. That car was glued to the track unlike any other car i've ever seen in the history of the sport, and the rear of the car is basically an asphalt magnet. Even if AM is half as good the 2020 Merc, it should still come out to be competitive against RB and McLaren. There should be no need to downplay AM's chances in 2021.

Its not a coincidence that the 2020 RP won a race with a driver who has never won before, and sat on pole under the hands of someone who is considered as the best amongst the pay drivers in todays market.. This car under the hands of Verstappen or Leclerc would be lethal, so its needless to say that a 4 times champion should not have any problems getting to grips with it pretty soon, this is what Vettel was lacking all these years, more power, and better rear end.. I'm not expecting any complaints from him this year.

"People here" must be me, so I respond. Careful reading of my earlier post however might reveal, that I am not addressing AM' chances in this year at all. What I am however suggesting to AM' publicity man, don't declare victory prematurely. Vettel hasn't driven that car yet, so, why we would claim it suits him well? Prove it first, and then we talk. Scars on my back are witness of premature celebrations, and after reality sunk in.

AM has a new chassis, so, there is a significant change on last year car. We can only hope it will be towards better over his Ferrari of last year. In a week or so we will know.

Lastly, I do reject this blah-blah how car would be "lethal" in hands of certain drivers. It's big MAYBE. In my recollection, the same drivers on the pedestal also need a car which suits them well; it is not just Vettel, so let's don't go overboard with isolating Vettel with premature smear that he is a lesser driver. Names like Alonso, Verstappen, Hamilton, Leclerc - they all have their needs, just as Vettel, and failing short of meeting that, result on the track is proportional to whining we hear after the race. I know, it's inconvenient part of celebrities history, but history it is nonetheless.

6 hours ago, blackpebel said:

I don't get it, are people in here really trying to downplay AM's chances even after knowing the huge advantage they have in 2021? Geez..

Lets be honest here, its going to be a cake walk for AM, to come out of the midfield with those 2 extra tokens. I personally was in support of the RP copying Mercedes, coz honestly, there were no specific rules back then, that denied teams from copying another car, RP was just smart enough to exploit this loophole. And if you ask me,,, AM now clearly have a package with which they can fight for 2nd in the constructors champion ship..

I've previously heaped praises on the marvel that that Mercedes 2020 car was, from day first day I saw that car on Track. That car was glued to the track unlike any other car i've ever seen in the history of the sport, and the rear of the car is basically an asphalt magnet. Even if AM is half as good the 2020 Merc, it should still come out to be competitive against RB and McLaren. There should be no need to downplay AM's chances in 2021.

Its not a coincidence that the 2020 RP won a race with a driver who has never won before, and sat on pole under the hands of someone who is considered as the best amongst the pay drivers in todays market.. This car under the hands of Verstappen or Leclerc would be lethal, so its needless to say that a 4 times champion should not have any problems getting to grips with it pretty soon, this is what Vettel was lacking all these years, more power, and better rear end.. I'm not expecting any complaints from him this year.

Altho I agree with most of your thinking, there remains questions. As Sakae has stated, new chassis (they had to do a crash-test again to pass FIA scrutiny), unfamiliar car characteristics (he needs track time to give feedback and push development, adding to this, very limited wind tunnel testing), is his race engineer tuned up with the best. Does AM have the killer instinct?? They lacked the innovative punch in development last season, it was quite noticeable. Stroll has strenghten the team in certain areas, but there might be some defects, and certainly no guarantees... at all...

3 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

They lacked the innovative punch in development last season, it was quite noticeable. Stroll has strenghten the team in certain areas, but there might be some defects, and certainly no guarantees... at all...

Exactly right. I have seen nothing (yet), which would impress me. Copying MB is off for the future. (Stealing is not my style or someting I admire.) Cost them 15 points and 3rd place at the end.

McLaren hired Seidl, a man of substance. AM hired a publicity talking head.

Geeze...

47 minutes ago, Sakae said:

McLaren hired Seidl, a man of substance. AM hired a publicity talking head

Mclaren hired Zak Brown 2 B the publicity talkin head.
Together (Seidl, Brown) Mclaren HAS 2 people doin the role of 1 Ron Dennis.

4 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

AM now clearly have a package with which they can fight for 2nd in the constructors champion ship..

Second IS First of the LOSERS.
> ONLY aimin 4 SECOND is the problem.
IF DON`T reach 2nd gonna B further BACK 2nd < ... AM
NOBODY has 1st  YET

1 hour ago, lipstick79 said:

Mclaren hired Zak Brown 2 B the publicity talkin head.

...and he is doing marvellous job; in process of all knowing American he managed to pi..s just about everyone around him in the paddock. Good work, carry on... 

2 hours ago, Sakae said:

Good work, carry on... 

Mclaren HAS reduced their debts.
So that IS a complement 2 Zak there Sakae.

It`s like tryin 2 eat an elephant.
An elephant is HUGE.  But if U cut the elephant into smaller more manageable pieces.
When ALL the pieces have been consumed,  Have eaten a HUGE elephant. 

McLaren might also have signed up with the devil himself, Richard Storey. Word is Rich Energy is about to announce a sponsorship with McLaren.

Ron never would have done this BS. Rich Energy are a scam and don't even have an energy drink you can buy. Has anyone ever seen it for sale? What they are, are shell companies that are insolvent and who really knows what their goal is... would love to know more but McLaren surely cannot be that stupid.

PS. I hate Zak Brown and have since day one. In my honest opinion he's a fraud. He does not have the passion or pedigree to ever be leading a famous team like McLaren.

So this is the reason...

However, Vettel will have little time to adjust to his first new team since moving to Ferrari at the end of 2014. Szafnauer has ruled out running an older car for the 33-year-old to test prior to Bahrain.

“We are not a big team and we lease our engines and transmissions. They don’t belong to us,” said Szafnauer. “We have to return them after the season.

“So we don’t have an old or driveable car that we can give him.”

2 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

So this is the reason...

However, Vettel will have little time to adjust to his first new team since moving to Ferrari at the end of 2014. Szafnauer has ruled out running an older car for the 33-year-old to test prior to Bahrain.

“We are not a big team and we lease our engines and transmissions. They don’t belong to us,” said Szafnauer. “We have to return them after the season.

“So we don’t have an old or driveable car that we can give him.”

So, this is suppose to be the winning combination? It's worse than I suspected it is.